Korean Blood Types

February 25, 2014

Comments

How can we have NOT talked about Blood Types all this time? Seriously! This is important stuff! Well, not really that important, because it’s not necessarily true, but it is shocking how our blood type descriptions do fit us quite well.

What shocks us, though, is that we fit our blood type descriptions better than we fit our Horoscope descriptions. I never really related with the Capricorn/Aquarius characteristics, and the only thing Martina agreed with as a Taurus was in being stubborn. These blood type qualities, though? Yes, I’m antisocial and Martina is a social butterfly. I can be sociable in a social setting, but I don’t put up with much and avoid stuff I don’t like. Also, supposedly I don’t care much for forgiving and forgetting, because I’m never offended, so there’s nothing to forgive or forget. It’s impossible to offend me. IMPOSSIBLE. Maybe that’s why I’m not in any Kpop fandoms? OHHH BURN! No wait don’t go! It was a joke! Ahhhh. There I go again being too blunt.

I wonder if Korea has the equivalent to Big Poppa. “Who they attractin with that line ‘what’s yo name what’s yo sign'”? In Korea it’d be more like “what’s yo name what’s yo blood type?” And instead of Big Poppa it’d be Big Abba. I’d totally listen to that song. On a more serious note, hey you: Kpop Celebrities. I know you read these blog posts (you don’t have to hide anymore). Where’s that club for AB people? I need to know plz.

Soo Zee was telling us how, in first dates, blood types very often come up in conversation. Maybe not to any great depth, but it’s asked, even if just in passing. Have you been asked your Astrological sign on your first dates?

I only know one person who’s really into astrology. I won’t name him, in case he’s reading. We did have a chat with him, once, though, and it was freaky how into it he was. It’s even down to the point where he can say “it’s this day in the Astrological calendar so ______ kind of stuff is supposed to happen today.” I remember he blamed the cracking of his toilet as a result of it, because technology was supposed to act up that day. I wouldn’t consider my pooper technology, really, though I suppose it technically stands up to the definition. You know, I guess that conversation we had was so specific that he probably already knows that it’s him, so there’s no point in us naming him anymore. Ok, fine. You win. His name was G-Dragon. Ha! No.

Also, there’s a fairly popular webtoon on the Korean net about Blood Types. I’m gonna link it here for relevance: BOOYA! Some of them are actually quite hilarious. They’re worth checking out :D

Yeah! So that’s it for this week’s TL;DR. Please let us know if there’s any characteristics we missed out on for the blood types, and also if you’re in any way shocked by our blood types. We’re shocked how much they fit us. Maybe you guise were like “pffft it figures.” I wonder if there’s a common bloodtype amongst commenters here. Maybe it’s only A types that are drawn to commenting? I wonder. There’s only one way to find out: by clicking on this pretty button below right here:

Comments

TL;DR

Korean Blood Types

1. I’d have to call my mother to find out my blood type, but then I’d be wrangled into a conversation about god knows what, so I’m willing to remain ignorant.

2. What’s really interesting is when you try applying both your blood type and your astrological sign…I am O (I know because I was born overseas to a military dad) and a Virgo….Talk about two very different personality characteristics (with some overlapping)!! And yet given certain situations I am both. I think I tend show of my “Virgo-ness” when I’m dealing with new people and new situations, but the O blood type comes out when I am comfortable…

3. …no clue what my blood type is, though I was talking about blood type earlier today. In a biological/genetics sense unfortunately, no fun stuff for me….evar…
    I find it interesting that you feel you fit blood type more than astrological-ness. I wonder if that has to do with the fact that the astrological chart is about 3k years out of whack so all signs need to be adjusted three to four weeks to the right (ie I, a Libra, should actually be a cusp Scorpio). Doesn’t that make you want to stroke your imaginary beard while you check to see if that fits better?

4. A- here! Only found out after donating and yep the descriptions I’ve read are pretty accurate. Although there are times when I definitely don’t over analysis.
    Fun fact: apparently a women’s blood type can change after giving birth!!

5. I am blood type B+ through and through. Actually, I pretty much fit everything to a “T”. Like I am a Leo in the Western zodiac, a Pig/Boar in the Chinese zodiac, and an INFP on the Meyer’s Briggs, and everything they say about all of those is absolutely true about me. I am like the text book version or something, especially when it comes to my blood type. In fact, when I was studying abroad in Japan I used to get a lot of sh*t about being a blood type B. Most of my classmates were able to guess which blood type I was after 5 minutes of talking to me, since I am such an obvious case (or so they said), but half of them didn’t want anything to do with me after they found out T_T I even got picked on by the teachers on occasion, along with the other type B’s in my grade. I mean, not badly, but enough to notice at any rate. It’s true that they really stereotype over there. It’s a sad fate being a B. /cry cry cry Only not really! xD Because honestly being a B rocks, especially when I’m around other B’s. That’s just like a recipe for trouble… or disaster. Or disastrous trouble… In a fun way xD. Regardless of the stereotypes I faced when I was in Japan, I wouldn’t have it any other way. Also, aside from getting bored really easily and being an adventurous charismatic asshole (which I totally agree with btw xDDD), I think Blood type B’s are pretty stubborn and opinionated. Or maybe that’s just the Leo in me…

6. MKT

Since you reference vampires, I was wondering if you have seen the new Sunmi MV “Full Moon”? When I was watching it, I wondered what you all would think about it. Anyway, I am type A, and the description fits my personality pretty well.

7. I’m seriously really surprised to see so many people here that knows their blood type! o.O I am like you and I totally won’t know unless I go ask my doctor about it specifically. I’m curious as to how old is a Korean baby when they first find their blood type in average hehe.

8. LOL the comic strip is actually also made into a Japanese Anime too. Also another characteristic about Type A people is that they usually very stubborn. Like if something bothers them, they will also think about it or talk about it. (I am Blood Type A— I also know I am A positive)

Also Blood O types are very generous because they can give blood to anyone but can only receive the same blood type blood, while AB people are supposedly selfish because they can receive anyone’s blood but can only give blood to AB people.

9. I’m blood type AB. It actually fits me quite well, although people say I’m actually very approachable looking, though my personality seems distant. I suppose that’s true. But I am very honest, and in turn, trustworthy. I don’t like a lot of people, but those who I do like and are my friends know that I’ll ALWAYS be there for them. I’m super loyal. I might call them assholes (as they do to me) but they can rest assured knowing if they’re stuck in the next country over at 4am, I’ll be driving there and back to get them home.

10. I am Blood type A :D we must know our blood type in my country if we want a driver’s license. It’s part of the process, the blood type is specify in the license in case of an accident the hospital will know what type of blood to get us. Oh and I am from Costa Rica. :)

11. interesting ^^

12. This is funny… I am B+, and back in school I was one of the few top student from grade 1-6, and among the top half year 7-9. I went to one of the better upper secondary schools and on the contrary to what B is supposed to be, was very awkwardly social for most of my childhood… hmm… since I am born Korea, did someone, or some mysterious vampire, drain me of my blood and replace it with B before I did my first blood test when I was 17?

13. The club for the AB blood type is called Chocoball! It was started by Super Junior’s Heechul I believe.

14. I would really like to know my blood type now. I do actually match up with my horoscope fairly well. I actually wonder if people actually lie about their blood types, I mean they seem to lie about other parts of them. I gotta agree with Simon about the type AB description, it’s just plain and simple. if they like it you awesome, if not your problem, not theirs.

15. OMG !! D: I’m actually a blood type A and I fit the description PERFECTLY !! I mean I don’t believe in horoscope or anything, but it’s actually scary how well my blood type defines me ._. I’m always the best at school, I overanalyse everything, I just think soooooo much all the time, i’m the perfectionnist kind of girl, I always think carefully before making a decision….
    But I’m surprised to learn that you didn’t know about your blood type ô_O I know mine since forever, it’s written in my baby-book and if you go give some blood, they actually tell you what is your type. But I guess it makes sense if you don’t know about it, especially if you’ve never been really ill before and never had to go to the hospital, or if your parents were so excited when you were born and they didn’t give a sh** about your blood type x)
    (I come from Quebec by the way :D TEAM CANADA!!!)

16. Personally, I’ve never really understood the whole blood type astrology but I guess that it’s got as much basis as any other astrology. I think that it is really over used in j- and k-dramas as a character definition though.

Interesting TL;DR, I think that you have settled into a good rhythm now. I even got it early on Tuesday! ^_^v

BTW Simon, if you were born on, or before 10:21am (local time in London Ontario on your birth date), you are a Capricorn, afterwards would make you an Aquarius. I’m gonna guess Aquarius, mainly because they make their rules and then stick to them. Greek astrology is really complicated with all the planet positions and what not and it can really affect your personality etc. more than just your sun sign. And no, I’m not into this but my Mom TOTALLY is so I have seen all the books, etc. to look stuff up.

Cyber_3 – tying with Simon for #1 and……Blood Type O+ represent Martina!

• I am into astrology and I would also pick Simon as an Aquarius. Some of the things you related to about the AB blood type are typical Aquarius traits. But really, you need to have your birth chart done in order for astrology to make sense. Your sun sign alone doesn’t cut it for most people. Oh and it sounds like your friend was talking about mercury retrograde :)

17. My blood type is O+ but my personality fits literally with AB. I’m just like Simon. I don’t like talking to people if i dont like them and my brother says I’m brutally honest.

18. hello~ I think it would be interesting for the crew to talk about celebrities dating in korea. (not only idols but actors and variety people, etc.) because in the majority of countries this is something pretty normal, sure there’s always gossips and stuff, but in S.K. sometimes it seems like they are fine with it and other times it turns to be a completely scandal. I guess I’m curious about what conditions make it a scandal? :s thank you!!

P.s: Eat your Kimchi is amazing`~~~~~ I love you guys!

19. xvb

all koreans go to the dermatologist… most of koreans do have really good skin but if one pimple appears they pretty much go as soon as it appears. For other koreans who dont have that nice skin they probably go on a regular basis. Also a lot of koreans get freckles ( some more than others ) and in korean standards thats a no no. So for that reasons they go to the dermatologist to get ipl lasers. And going to the dermatologist in korea is much cheaper then the U.S..

20. I’m type O but I behave A LOT like a type A, could it have something to do with the fact that I was raised by a type A mother?

21. My mom is A she is very worried she’ll offend people, she was a straight A student, etc though she is fast thinking on her feet.

My sisters and I are AB…though my younger sister and I are quite like the AB you guys said….older sister is an anomaly she seems to be more B but doctors said shes AB….I think they made a mistake haha.

I found out my blood type so I could go overseas xD

22. I’m blood type O and Virgo and Im so different from their characteristics!! I’m lazy, not so organized and don’t really know what to do with my life. does anybody have this too? :(

23. I’m O, but I love Simon’s AB pride!

24. OOooo, I felt that burn on the US Congress. So true, guys. So true it hurts.

I’m AB+ and unfortunately/FORTUNATELY I am just like Simon. At my friend’s last party I sat on the couch and ate apples from his fridge (because he ran out of popcorn, which I also ate) while my better half played social butterfly. The irony in a type AB-only club…I hate clubbing so much.

25. I´m from Czech Republic and I honestly never heard about this. I think it´s similar to Canada – people barely know their blood types (and if they do, it´s something like “well my mum is this and my dad is this so I guess I am this or this…” very specific I know). Everyone knows their sign though, it´s not that hard considering it´s based on the day you were born… I´ve never encountered horoscopes in a media before though, not in TV or radio, sometimes in a magazine (the really girly ones) and even then it was just a bunch of vague nonsence… We generally lack any kind of distributing people into categories given something they were born with, now that I think of it…

26. Oh, I remember Hong ki talking about the AB blood type club on weekly idol! he talked about how they all carry on conversations by themselves lol if you go to 7:50, they talk about it

27. Does having a recessive O allele in your blood type affect blood type personality in Korea?

For example if your father was blood type O and your mother was blood type B and you were blood type B you would have one allele for B (the dominant) and one for O (recessive). Would someone who has a BO genetic expression differ in their blood type personality than someone who has a homogeneous BB expression?

Thanks!

• Genetically- having a recessive O doesn’t make your blood cells any different from someone who has two B alleles- your cells will have the same antigen. So, if we assume the blood voodoo is being driven by the antigens, then no, there would be no difference. All having an O does is give your child a 50% chance of not inheriting the B allele from you.

28. Are foreigners able to become backup dancers for idols in the Kpop world? I’m not saying it because I love Kpop, but I originally had taken up dancing for 8 years, and I still love dancing, and maybe want to pursue it as a career, but are there going to be some issues being a foreigner?

• I can’t say anything about living in another country and assimilating but if you have the talent and really really want to go for it you just have to try. Ballet dancers all over the world have thrown themselves into Russian or French companies and I’m sure they have had issues with assimilation and language and such as well but they do it. Show business is always a tough go of it though. Junsu has had foreign dancers in his videos before there are probably others as well. A long time ago I wanted to be a dancer too but now it’s just for fun for me. Work hard and good luck!

• Thanks. I started to take ballet back up again, but then my dance teacher was trying to make me give up everything in life and just focus on ballet, and nothing else. I prefer dancing to kpop because it’s much more fun. Also ballerinas are known to have a lot of hip problems, back problems, etc. because of all of the stretching they have to do.

29. I honestly don’t know my blood type but i kinda wanna know… from the sounds of this i’m ether an A or AB…

30. Listening to the characteristics of O blood types makes me think I’m not O. I’m the complete opposite of all the O characteristics! I’m more of the A type, but I’m O+ blood! I wonder if the positive and negative come into play as well or is it just the letter?

31. Are foreigners able to become backup dancers for idols in the Kpop world? I’m not saying it because I love Kpop, but I originally had taken up dancing for 8 years, and I still love dancing, and maybe want to pursue it as a career, but are there going to be some issues being a foreigner?

32. martina’s mocha voice kinda reminds me of vanellope from wreck it ralph!

33. This always confused me. What about negative and positives? Do they have any pros and cons, or is it only A,AB,B,O that are important?
    I suppose I’m wondering because I’m O- and I go through spurts of feeling social and spurts of feeling introverted and standoffish.
    When I was in college, I did find myself the head of group projects a lot, but it was always because no one else would pick up the reigns and organize the project. (I was older by about 8 years and impatient to get things over with so after about 30 minutes of waiting for someone to lead, I’d step in and mom everyone) but other than that, I prefer to stand back and let someone else be in the limelight.

• Virtually all Koreans are positives, so there was no point in creating alternate personalities for the negatives.

• I’m totally using that as my get out of jail free card. “oh you want to know my blood type? Well I’m a negative blood type so that makes me exempt from all that type casting.” ahahaha!

34. Martina!!! You and I have the same blood type :D I told my friend the personality type for O and she totally agreed that it fit me :) which is weird, but funny too :D

35. I am blood type O and I feel like it didn’t really fit me, but I suppose the same might go for Horoscopes and personalities based on astrological signs, for some I bet it fits perfectly, while for others it’s completely wrong.

36. I know my blood type, yay Anatomy class! I’m type B, but my personality fits type A; unless I mixed up the solutions and the typing got switched. :P

37. Thank you for solving the mystery for me. On the website where I watch my dramas they always include blood type in the actor profiles and it seemed too personal a detail. Are they also going to put their vision test scores? Cholesterol levels (0 of course)?
    I am nothing like O, at all. (I’m more like A, but I think that just makes me sound boring. Accurate. But Boring) But when you think about it, O neg’s should be the most loved- everyone can receive our blood. Of course, in the interest of self-preservation, that means we also ought to put our supposed workaholic skills to use by donating more often than everyone else because ours is the type of blood that gets run through the fastest! (Seriously, you donate once- the Red Cross will never stop contacting you. But- yay cookies!)

38. The user Chai beat me to the question. I would also like to know about korean skin. Especially the whitening part. I have been noticing it a lot lately. Actors/actresses,singers that were not so light skinned all of a sudden are. Is is the lighting, makeup diet??? please TL;DR.

39. I’m type A+ (I am pretty sure) and I fit the stereotype… good student.. over analyzer..I’m kind of introverted but not in the “shy” sense… I am indecisive about unimportant decisions (ermagawd which entre should I order for dinner?) But I don’t think being A sounds all that good… haha… sounds boring! :P

40. Im O ….Well I dont know if I can fit in the description for O at all XD. Im somone who is really shy. If I dont know the person I wont talk much …or then I will overtalk to hide the fact that Im shy lol. I dont like party. Im pretty calm. Im not a workholic person but Im quite passionate in what I love. ( Talk me about Japan or my favorite Jpop duet group and I can speak no stop for hours ). I also have the ”I forgive but I dont forget” side XD. So I guess I only have the ‘bad side’ of the O ???

Anyway, my favorite jpop group made a song about bloodtype years ago. I remember finding it so strange XD ….( Koi no ABO ).