B.A.P. – Power: Kpop Music Mondays

May 8, 2012

Comments

After a bagillion votes and shares and tweets and comments, B.A.P.’s “Power” came out as the top ranked video of the week. Check it out if you haven’t already:

For starters, we know that this is a shorter video than usual. Our Music Mondays can get to be quite long. Today, we kept it short because, well, we’re both pretty damned sick. Martina can’t even speak. Kinda hard to do a speaking show if you can’t speak. We sure couldn’t skip this, though! You all voted insanely, and if we didn’t do a Music Monday it sure wouldn’t stand a chance next week when video decay on the charts kicks in strongly. So we made a compromise: kept the video shorter, but hopefully still entertaining. We’d like to have Kpop Music Mondays this length, we think. Keeps it snappier, no? Let us know what you think: if it’s too short or if it’s alright :D

Anyhow, with a shorter video, the results are lots of ideas that get cut out. We were planning on talking about the crash scene. Something we found interesting about the video: from our understanding, B.A.P. is playing off their whole alien shtick, in which they say they’re otherworldly, which explains the spaceship crashed in the desert. What we want to know is this: which one of them was the one driving it, because they are soooooo gonna be grounded. You gotta be, like, at least 37,000 years old to get your UFO driver’s permit, which means someone here took their mom’s alien minivan for a joyride. Our guess: it was Zelo. That guy looks like nothing but trouble. We were gonna do a skit about this but naahhhhhh. We’re barely functioning as is :D

Otherwise, we announced in this video that we’d be giving away the new B.A.P. Power album along with their poster. Yay! We said it’d be for our YouTube subscribers to leave their answers in the comments, but we’re also leaving this blog post open for comments, but you need to leave your YouTube username in the comment so we can check if you’re subscribed, obviously :D. So, feel free to let us know what you think B.A.P. is spraying. Or, if you feel your chances are better on Facebook, do so on our Facebook Page’s Contest Thread. Yay!

If you’re not the luckiest person out there, but you still want the album, you can pick it up either via iTunes or YesAsia. Huzzah! Or, if you’d rather skip those two and just get our awesome Shower rendition instead, you can check it out here:

Lastly, if you’re interested in checking out the bloopers and the mass amount of difficulty which Martina’s lack of voice caused, or if you’re looking to see who won the U-Kiss “Doradora” giveaway, this video’s for you!

Comments

B.A.P. – Power: Kpop Music Mondays

1. now you know why they didn’t do a cute concept debut…we’d all just be laughing at them XD

2. Oh God, we’re gonna be so Junsufied and Infinitised in the next fortnight. I doubt Taetiseo will hold out till then.

Anyways, for your interest- a celebration of 2 million views- Mashup of SHINee’s Amigo and Infinite’s Be Mine

Back to B.A.P- Sour smelling anti-alien bug spray

Welcome to the neighbourhood (to Singapore) where the tropical weather completes your thawing process.

3. wait so the news about u comin here is true??!!! :yaaarrrrghhljvcfgbj;lmkng!!%&@!%&#!#

4. That question’s a toughie. But I’d have to say BAP was probably spraying pheromones to attract fangirls and fanboys. Since the group just arrived on a new planet and their spaceship crashed, they’re immediately proceeding with their plan of world takeover via building an army of fan-minions. Notice how they say “we got the power” and also “follow me”? All part of the master plan. Anyway, that’s my best guess!

youtube name: [email protected], and thanks for all your awesome vids!

5.  LOL!!!! I loved that part in the Secret Garden Parody!

6. their spraying cans of liquid magic in a mist form!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

yt username: luciibabi21

7. SIMON’S RAP KILLED ME TOO!!~~~

8. I like 2PM

9. They are obviously spraying that spritzy ranch dressing stuff but they filled it up in large aerosol cans for MAXIMUM RANCHITUDE.

youtube: MeOhMyMichelle

10. WOW. Martina, you have AMAZING lip-syncing skills. TOP could learn a thing or two ;D

I don’t mind shorter KMMs. Brief but to the point, yea!!! I really, really enjoy your skits – that song was amazing. Story of my life – HA!!!

It felt strange listening to Simon for 7 minutes straight though…

11.  you need to win.

12. I prefer BAP’s Power sexy-spray-dance, heartbeat is interesting but BAP’s dance give you that “i wanna learn it to!” kinda feeling. Like I’m gonna go buy a spray can of sexy spray and start twirling it and dancing with it :D

13. BABYs, we made it!!! Congrats to everyone (even from the other fandoms) who voted for B.A.P’s POWER. BABYs thak you from the bottom of our hearts. :)))

14. Martina !!!! get well soon!!!!
    Thank you for doing the review!XD, i can say that i’m actually a very selfish fan,lol, i wished bap could have beaten u-kiss’s doradora…..lol…(sorry u-kiss fans)……
    Simon’s flipping air breeze thingy was soo cool!!! i wish i could have done it, it looked fun to do~ when ever you want to spray it, flip it~

Simon’s rap was hilarious! lol, it made my day~~~~~

i hope all is well, and wish u guys a safe trip to malaysia~^^

15. 2PM! :) As much as I love my B.A.P., 2PM will always be first! ;D

16.  I also vote the Spray Dance it was really unique (even though ZOmbiePM was pretty cool)

17. Anti-fan spray, everyone knows that. :p
    Personally, I like the videos to be longer. I was a bit disappointed in this video, because it wasn’t as long as most of your videos are. ;w; It was still great, though. Hope you feel better, Martina. ^_^

18. I feel like it’s cloaking spray to make sure that they don’t turn back into their large robot selves (the big bunny robot) while still on earth. I think its like Polyjuice potion but instead of drinking it they just have to cover themselves in it and their immediate surrounding area. They have a special way of applying it which is ofcourse the dance. BYG wasn’t in it because he was the first one to wake up and thus applied it before the others. That’s my explanation. My YouTube name is IloveMalfoyandCena. So there’s no confusion on the random off chance that I win it says I love Malfoy and Cena. My friends always get the i and the L mixed up.

19. Aw… get better Martina!! Although I’m not sad we got to hear the amazingness that Simon dubbing. You guys are super in-sync too, by the way. xD

In terms of length, to be honest, I was really sad it was short, mostly because I was really really looking forward to this particular Music Monday (Huge BAP fan). I don’t think I’d really mind if it weren’t my bias group though. As long as it’s as funny as this one, that is!

That said, please don’t get rid of the Engrish segment or the dance segment. Those are the two defining traits of kpop after all! (So sad you guys didn’t do the awesome gorilla teasing dance at follow me and didn’t talk about “One More Say!”)

20. sooooooooooo cute! definitly one of my favorite KPMM ever! And the bloopers are super funny. <3
    Get well soon, Martina (and Simon too)!

21. [Gah… even taking this bit out leaves my post further down on “what are B.A.P. spraying?” look quite long… but it’s better this way.]

Oh, man… XD  “You will go on a date with me.  No arguing.”  <- I cracked up so hard at this.  (I'm still choking with laughter as a result of the video.  I think it's one of the best reviews you guys have ever done.)

This was just brilliant.  Simon, the dubbing was class XD  And Martina, I hope you get better soon! (Laryngitis sucks.  Food poisoning sucks too — I had that a few weeks ago.)

You're right — in some ways it was funnier because it was shorter, but I miss the "sub-headings", especially the English ratings.  If there's any way to keep the videos shortish and keep in the stuff like the English rating as well as the dance and MV review, it would be great.

I vote for B.A.P. over 2PM (because B.A.P. can do a ZOMBIE puppet dance in Warrior, which pwns, as well as the spray can dance in Power — 2PM just has a puppet dance).

22. I’m answering the B.A.P. “what are they spraying” contest here as youtube’s character limit wouldn’t allow me to fully write out my theory.

First off, I’d say that the B.A.P. boys aren’t all spraying the same thing.  I mean, this time, their concept is that they’re individuals, right?  They’re doing the same dance to show they’re a team (like when they all had blond hair), but they’re all spraying different things to show that they’re still different, individual peop– I mean, aliens.  So here is what they’re each spraying:

Zelo: Incognito mosquito (which is a powerful, general insect repellent).  Being the maknae, he’s the cutest/sweetest of the group, and (don’t ask me how, since he’s a robot, according to Ta-Dah! It’s B.A.P.!) Earthen insects in general have decided that Zelo’s blood… robot oil… whatever… is the sweetest around, so they’re all attacking him.  Actually, if it’s the robot oil, that’d explain something, since none of the other members seem to have a problem.  You can see how big Zelo’s problem is from the megaphone, though.  The red stuff?  Nah, that’s not paint.  It’s blood from all the insects he had to kill to stop them from drinking his oil, because if he ran out of oil, he’d grind to a stand-still (the right kind of oil doesn’t exist on Earth — it only exists on the planet they came from), which would be a problem for the group (what would they do without their super-speed robot rapper?).  His whistle got completely ruined by the amount of insect blood on it shortly after Warrior, which is why he has the megaphone here.  It’s also why his hair’s pink.  It was supposed to be silver-blond, but there was so much insect blood that it stained his hair pink instead and he’s been unable to get rid of it ever since.  (That’ll be a shower~!  For half an hour~! every day until the next MV comes out.  Sorry, Zelo… . D:)  So yeah… you see the scale of the problem?  That’s, like, several gazillion insects.  Zelo has to do that spray can dance FIVE TIMES EVERY DAY to be safe.  The others picked it up off him because they thought it was cool.  Then they started adding in their own sprays, as they didn’t have insect problems.

Himchan: Lynx (or whatever the Korean/alien equivalent is).  I mean, Simon… Martina… Martina with Simon’s voice was talking about the Cologne Corridor of Death from school.  In the UK, it was always the lynx effect, so I’m going with that.  (Who knows?  Maybe lynx comes from whatever planet B.A.P. came from.)  See, he’s annoyed that Daehyun’s sort of (unofficially) taken over from him as the visual of the group since they debuted, so he wants to attract more girls to himself (to prove he’s actually better looking) by using cologne, but being an alien, isn’t really familiar with applying it.  Consequently, he sprays it around himself to get girls to come into his personal space.  (Himchan… don’t go blaming people when they fall in love with the air around you XD)  And you can see his frustration at Daehyun in the faces he’s making at 0:41 and from 2:10 to 2:11 in the music video.

Daehyun: I’m pretty sure it’s very, very tiny particles of that spray can whipped cream you can get (since Daehyun loves eating and can eat oblivious to his surroundings, no matter what the situation — just watch B.A.P.’s diary), only the crash-landing after Zelo’s piloting and the change in air pressure from Earth’s atmosphere (which is hotter than their native planet) meant that the cream was vaporised.  He’s spraying it out in the hopes that it’ll relieve the air pressure in the can, since the vaporised cream takes up more air space and therefore the can’s in danger of exploding.  In his opinion, it’s worth spraying out half the cream to save the rest provided the entire lot isn’t destroyed.

Youngjae: Tear gas.  I mean, there’s been a fair amount of news recently about sasaeng fans (largely due to the stuff regarding JYJ/DBSK), but after hearing about the sasaeng fan-arranged car crash with rival aliens EXO-M, B.A.P. decided to step it up with security so that they wouldn’t be stalked, and Youngjae decided it would be a good idea to use tear gas.  After all, the B.A.P. aliens are immune to it.  He does the dance five times a day with Zelo to ensure that there are no stalkers.  Oh, and this also explains the absence of the back-up dancers in some places.  Since they’re humans rather than aliens, they had to go get themselves some anti-acid as protection from the tear gas.

Jongup: Coloured hair spray dye.  He misses the time when they were all blond together and thinks that, if they really needed to change hair colour, they all ought to have changed it to the same colour instead of the group going polychrome.  He told the band he was spraying an antiperspirant because the dance is so rigorous, but that was just a ploy to hide the fact he’s trying to spray their hair his colour.  So far, the others have managed to avoid it – by fluke — but NEVER FEAR: HE’LL GET THEM EVENTUALLY.  Just wait until they’ve done the dance a few more times… .

Oh, and Bang Yongguk isn’t in the spray dance because he had an allergic reaction combined with an unexpected asthma attack due to the combination of all the sprays.  Poor guy :(  He’s lurking just off-screen with the anti-acid for all the Babies who are going to follow B.A.P. (as requested in the song at 3:22) so that they don’t have to worry about the tear gas.  And no, no stalkers are going to get past him.  I mean, who would even contemplate lying to that angry face that flickers in at 2:21?  It clearly says, “Tell me a lie and I’ll EAT YOU ALIVE!”  Yeah, I agree with Simon and Martina: that guy’s hungry.  You would be too if the only food that survived the crash was Daehyun’s spray can of whipped cream… .

I nearly forgot!  My youtube channel’s soullessgingerninja.

Whoa… that took a lot longer than I thought it would to type up.  I think I’ll put the non-competition part of my comment into a different comment.

23. I think you should do the Engrish but in another video b/c I REALLLY want to know what you guys think!!!

24. it is a spray which permitting the girls to have not a FJS Syndrome and  preventing the guys to do not touch their lips hahahaha

25. Oh! BTW, I’m voting for 2pm!

26. Is SO obvious… They’re spraying pheromones, to conquer female earthlings!!!

(youtube: stephfany)

27. I enjoyed the video! But I miss the English section…haha, what did you guys think of their random English?

28. Thanks for your effort in making this video despite being sick! (Though the ‘English of the song’ section is sorely missed.) Get better soon!

Anyway, my guess is that they are spraying air disinfectants to clean the air of any nasty bacteria, etc. that could cause some sort of diseases. As ‘aliens’ you can’t assume them to be immune to diseases lurking on earth, so they take precautions. And judging by all the smoke and strange gas you see throughout the video that’s probably a smart thing to do. Better safe than sorry, right? :D
    And the ‘warning warning…’ part where they cover their mouths with their hands could be the signal for them to get the spray cans ready for action, because the air is not safe for breathing.

(My youtube username is RubyNight)

29. You are great guys ^^ Get well soon!

30. i see someone is a huge Game of Thrones fan!!!

31. Simon and Martina, feel better soon!!! Take good care of yourselves. And Spudgy. <3

32. Maybe they are spraying some car paint (seeing they are in a whole machine thing) =/

33. duh! obviously that STANKY WATER THEY WERE PUNCHING. i guys b.a.p got made, cuz someone clogged the toilet!

34. I totally appreciate that you made the effort to make a KMM although you’re both sick (and dumb). So it’s okay if the video is so short, but please don’t stick with that trend when you get better ! I want my laaaarge amount of KMM each week… Pretty please… We barely had enough time to laugh. U.U And you didn’t grade the English of the song, a very funny section of the show.
    Apart from that, I’d say the boys are spreading… perfume on you ! Muahaha ! Well, okay.No, seriously, my guess is, the B.A.P members have just survived to an apocalyps, a war against the bunny-aliens. The planet is devastated, but luckily  these boys “got the power” over the aliens thanks to that particularly special weapon : dioxygen. The aliens had made sure to lower the amount of O2 to kill humans and survive (they can’t stand it so they spread CO2). BUT B.A.P are cunning ! They gathered lots of oxygen sprays sent by loving babies (who therefore sacrificed themselves doing so) and now they’re spreading some breathable air again ! Why such a far-fetched idea ? Because it’s the purpose of the contest, isn’t it ? And to back my argument, look at 2:58. See ? It’s the only time the bunny appears (one of the few survivor aliens) and the spray dance starts right after it appeared, as if to spray it off !

My username on youtube is Lisambre, by the way !

35. It is spraypaint. But more like they used all their spraypaint in doradora so now the bottles are empty
    and all that comes out of them is dust! That’s why they’re so angry.
    They just traveled to a whole new PLANET to paint it and then they
    realised that they used all their paint in doradora. What a shame. So
    now they are desperately tring to get something out of the bottles.

36.  I think they’re spraying hairspray… It takes an awful lot to keep that crazy awesome KPop hair perfectly coiffed.

/youtube  LynneBat

37. HAHA, ah the simon dubbing at the start was fantastic and good shower rap!

38. Simon’s rap and martina’s dub was too funny lolol

39. Maybe they’re spraying a mixture of deodreant and water together?
    Cause they’re really hot (climate and just generally hot) so they use
    water to cool down and then deodreant to stop them from sweating
    >o>- AbnormalTofu (i knoow im subscribed >U< )