Our Interview with Block B364 COMMENTS
Yes! Finally! Our interview with Block B is up! Oh God! This took forever to publish, but it’s finally here. And we’re giving away a few Autographed Block B CDs to make up for it. You’ll need to know the Nillili Mambo video if you want to win, so check it out if you haven’t seen it already:
But first, let’s talk about the interview and things you don’t see in this video:
1) This was one of the most fun interview experiences we’ve had with Kpop idols. Block B are not only outgoing and just hilarious, they’re also very candid. We’ve found that in our interviews idols oftentimes give very safe generic answers to questions, but Block B was a lot more forward than what we’re used to, and we totally respect them for it. Now I know a lot of you were harassing us online, “where is the interview!?? Where is it!!! GAHHHHH” One of the reasons the interview took so long for us to publish is because we can’t just put up whatever we want for ANY of our interviews. After we film something with any kpop group, we always give the management team a rough copy and let them approve it. This just took a lot longer to approve than usual. So, we had to take out some answers, some TOTALLY AWESOME ANSWERS WE’LL NEVER TELL YOU ABOUT. Oooh you’d like to know all of the juicy details, wouldn’t you? Well, basically they just said that Eat Your Kimchi is the best site in the universe and you Nasties are awesome. Well, they didn’t say that. Moving on…
2) We had a hilarious skit with Block B, inspired by you guise. Well, inspired by Tumblr. We’ve seen lots of gifs and pics of Block B making funny faces. We did a skit in which we had a funny face showdown. Block B kicked our asses in it. P.O in particular had an amazingly deep face. Problem is, we had to cut out that skit, because, well, it was just too silly for the management to handle. We’re pretty upset about it because it was gold, GOLD I SAY! Buuuut these are some of the problems we face with cultural differences between Korean ideas of how an interview should be and North American ideas. I think our goal is to show famous people acting down to earth and fun, not being afraid to make silly faces on camera and act out of their normal roles, but I guess not everyone agrees with us. I suppose it’s better in the long run, because we can’t have footage of Block B beating us at funny face making. WE REMAIN THE UNDISPUTED CHAMPIONS!
3) We cut out another skit. We proposed to Zico on behalf of one of you who begged us on Twitter to do so. We got down on one knee, asked him using your Twitter name, and we got his answer! Well, you’ll never know what that answer was, because we had to cut that out as well. No skits were approved for this video. Sorry! I guess now you’ll never know about your beautiful future with Zico, with all the babies you’d have, the lovely life you’d live. But then again, maybe he rejected you. ENTER SUSPENSE MUSIC!
With that said, it’s time for the Autographed CD giveaway. WOOT! If you want to win, we’re giving away the CDs to our YouTube Subscribers, Twitter Followers, and Facebook Fans. If you’re any one of these, here’s what you gotta do:
1) Click this link to Subscribe to us on YouTube
2) Either in the comments to this post or our YouTube video, tell us what you think happened to the diamonds at the end of Nillili Mambo. The answer that entertains us the most wins!
3) If you chose to leave your answer in the comments here, leave your YouTube username in the comment as well, so we can make sure you’re subscribed :D
1) Click here to Like Our Page
2) Find the “Block B Interview Contest Thread” and like that post
3) Similar to the YouTube thread, in the comments to that contest thread, answer the same question.
We’ll pick three winners and announce them in next week’s Kpop Music Monday Blooper reel, which for those of you that don’t know, is located on our bonus channel: simonandmartinabonus So much bonus!