Our Interview with Eric Nam347 COMMENTS
Woohoo! Our interview with Eric Nam is finally up! Sweet! It took us longer than usual, because we were away in Japan for 11 days and didn’t edit videos as much while we were there. But it’s ready now! So, check it out and let us know what you think! We talk a lot about what it’s like starting off in the Kpop industry, and we also talk about Eric Nam’s video for “Heaven’s Door.” If you haven’t seen the video yet, check it out here!
Anyhow, we’ had a great time with this interview, which we were really interested in doing, because Eric Nam is still fairly new in the Kpop world. We get a lot of email from people asking us how they can break through in Korea as a Kpop artist, but – if you can’t tell – we have no clue how to answer this. If we knew how to be Kpop artists, we’d be Kpop artists. Well, that’s not true. We’re not interested in that. Being a Kpop artist is insane. BUT!!! Some of you want to go that route. So, speaking with Eric Nam about it, and seeing what his experience is like, is something we found fascinating.
Moreso, Eric Nam – though he’s Korean – grew up in North America, so his experience here is as someone with somewhat Western sensibilities, you know what I mean? It’s different for him since he doesn’t necessarily think wholly as a Korean person immersed in Korean culture, so we think it’s something that we can understand a bit more, and you can understand more as well. Let us know what you think!
And, as always, whenever we do an interview we also give away signed CDs. We don’t keep them ourselves, obviously! We just give them to you guise. Thanks for setting up our studio, so – here are some CDs for you! We can’t give them out to everyone, of course, so we have random questions and tasks to be entered to win. For a signed copy of Eric Nam’s CD, here’s what you gotta do:
To Our YouTube Subscribers!
1) Click this link to Subscribe to us on YouTube. Non YouTube subscribers get no CD. We actually picked a winner for our BAP CD giveaway recently, but they weren’t subscribed, so guess what they DID NOT get? The BAP CD, that’s what!
2) Let us know in the comments to this video on YouTube, what genre you think Eric Nam should get into next and why. Not that he’s bad at his genre now, but he’s open to trying new things. Help him choose!
3) If you’re an Eatyourkimchi Nasty and would rather leave your comments here than in YouTube, that’s ok! Just leave your YouTube username as well, so we can see if you’re subscribed to us! Answers left here have a better chance of being seen, anyway, as it’ll be a few hundred vs a few thousand. Just sayin, yo!
To the Facebook Nasties:
1) Click here to Like Our Page
2) Find the “Eric Nam Contest Thread” and like that post
3) Similar to the YouTube thread, in the comments to that contest thread, answer the same question. It’s like you enter twice with the same answer!
And, lastly, there are some scenes that didn’t make it to the final cut, like Eric Nam playing with our dog. You know, I almost wrote “like Eric playing with our dog” but that would suggest that we’re on a first name basis, which – I feel – we should be, considering he played with my dog, but…no. I can’t just call him Eric. Maybe he didn’t play with my dog enough. Anyhow, check it out!