May 3, 2013
Awesome! Our first kpop idol group in the Eatyourkimchi Nasty Studio! Huzzah! We almost had Boyfriend in here, but our schedules didn’t overlap at the right time. I tell you: these idols have such hectic schedules. When do they schedule in time to sleep? uBEAT, the day of this interview, supposedly flew in from another country, did a fan signing session, and then came to the Eatyourkimchi Nasty Studio. Yikes! We just go from home to work and within a few hours we’re like “pffft time to call it a day!”
Interesting facts about this interview:
1) They came an hour earlier than expected. You might have seen at the end of our last live chat how we scrambled to end the live chat. That’s because Soo Zee got the phone call that they were really early. Ah! We had garbage everywhere from all the package wrappings! We didn’t set up the lights or the food tables! YEEEP! It took a while for them to find a parking spot though (yay!) so we had enough time to prepare everything. But we were sweaty from panic. Fact: we stunk around uBEAT.
2) At the end of the interview, when we were talking about what foods are in uBEAT’s refrigerators, after Kevin talked about pizza, we recommended the pizza shop downstairs, Monster Pizza. We did a video about Korean pizza before. We don’t like it. Monster Pizza does New York style pizza, though, and it’s delicious. Point is, uBEAT went there afterwards to get pizza. So, if you’re ever in the Hongdae area, you can sit exactly where uBEAT sat and eat the same pizza. Booya! Side note, we’re not paid by Monster Pizza to say that. I’m not even sure they know we exist. They’re too busy making pizzas. They’re probably like “oh it’s those white people again that always come here and say they’re from upstairs or something.” Another fact, uBEAT were nice enough to buy a pizza for us and send it up. Isn’t that amazingly kind? These interviews take a couple of hours or so, and are a bit labor intensive, especially for B camera running around trying to get closeups, so for them to send up a pizza for us is really kind of them. AYY GURL CAN I BUY YOU A PIZZA. Yes, uBEAT, yes you can, and we like you so much more for it now :D
3) Another interesting fact: we saw the uBEAT video before they did. Ha! Their management sent us the video in advance, so we can prepare questions, and when we told uBEAT we were going to talk about their video they were like “you’ve seen it? WE haven’t seen it!” So we showed it to them. FYI, if you haven’t seen it yet yourself, check it out here, because we talk about it a lot in the interview:
4) We realized that we barely ever share the pictures from the sticker booth. What a waste! Here: take a look at some of the pics:
Martina was the only one in the booth this time, because I was busy preparing the camera for something else.
5) AJ’s allergic to dogs, and was itchy around Spudgy. OH GOD WE FEEL SO TERRIBLE ABOUT IT! We moved Spudgy into the other room when uBEAT was here, but we felt so guilty, because – even if we didn’t bring Spudgy that day – there’s still Spudgy dander around the studio, right? So AJ was rather itchy the whole time, but he still did a great job of being fun on camera. SORRY AJ OH GOD WE’RE SORRY!
Anyhow, that’s it for that. We had a great time with uBEAT and it didn’t feel like work whatsoever. Just…chatting! More importantly, you want one of these three CDs, don’t you? WE WANT TO GIVE THEM TO YOU! Here’s what you gotta do to win!
Subscribe to our videos, and in the comment section to part 2 of the interview, let us know what song you’d want to sing with uBEAT in a Noraebang! We’d liek to know why, of course. Whatever answer we think is best suited, we’ll choose, and mail you your CD. SUH-WEET!
For you Eatyourkimchi Nasties, you can leave your comment here as well. Just leave your YouTube username while you’re at it so we can check if you’re subscribed :D
Like us on Facebook, find the contest thread and give it a like, then answer the same question. Booya!
Follow us on Twitter, then retweet this link. Yay!
Anyhow, we’ve also got some deleted scenes that didn’t make it in that we found funny. Check em out here. Will you see footage of Spudgy being tummy touched? Maybe yes…maybe no!
THERE ARE 353 COMMENTS.
CLICK HERE TO SEE THEM OR ADD YOURS!