We’re Going to Interview K.Will

March 29, 2013

Comments

Yay! Another interview in the Eatyourkimchi Nasty Studio. This time we’re interviewing K.Will for his upcoming release. We’re totally excited!

If you remember back from our Eatyourkimchi Awards, you guise voted for K.Will’s “Please Don’t” as the best plot of the year. Rightfully so! That video was awesome. Well, soon afterwards, K.Will sent us a thank you video, to thank all of you awesome people for voting for his video.

In that video he said that he hoped that he could meet you all in the Eatyourkimchi Studio. Well, now the time has come! K.Will will be coming over to do an interview. Huzzah! We’ll be talking about his new album and new song, and also his music videos (which we’re big fans of).

Of course, whenever we do these interviews, part of the questions come form us, but a lot of the questions come from you as well. You can see a lot of interviews with Korean people speaking to Korean artists in Korean, but we want our interviews to be kind of a small bridge in another direction. Let the Kpop artists speak to the Kpop fans, answer their questions, in a more international setting. Does that make sense? I hope so.

Point is, here’s your chance to talk to K.Will. If you have anything you want to ask him, let us know! Leave your questions in the comments to this post, or in our YouTube video for this post, or send us a tweet. We’ll pick a bunch and try to ask as many as we can the day of the interview.

Hooray!

Comments

Special Features

We’re Going to Interview K.Will

1. What inspired you while writing ‘Please Don’t’? Did it come from a personal experience?

2. I am SO FREAKING EXCITED ABOUT THIS! I love love love K. Will. Okay, my question is: What is the response from the community within Korea to the video for Please Don’t? From what I’ve seen, the international community has been super duper excited about it! How is the reaction from within Korea different? Is it just as positive?

3. What do you look most forward to in 2013?

4. Will you be dancing on stage again, sometime soon?

5. My questions for K.Will…

– How did your life changed after entering the music/show business yourself? Was it more difficult for you or easier?
    I heard that you teached others in singing…

– What do you want to achieve with your songs?
    a)What emotions do you want evoke?
    b)What level of popularity do you want to achieve with your songs?

By the way: Your voice is great!
    Greets from Germany :)

~Linh H.

6. Yes! That’s a great idea!

• I’d personally like to sponsor it, hahaha. Can’t we do that some way? I really feel like now that he knows he won this award, and he even gave a thank you speech, he should be able to bring a prize home with him! I’d really think it would be awesome, and if it’s because of the costs of making a new golden spudgy, I wouldn’t mind helping to pay for one for K.Will!

7. Oh my freaking gosh!!! K.Will is one of my favorite solo artists! I’m so excited for this interview!!! :D

8. *fan girl squeal* Hi K. Will! ♥ In the beginning, I remember you didn’t come out in any of your music videos, so I was really excited when ‘Don’t Go’ came out with you in it, so I was wondering what made your ‘boss’ change his mind (about time too)? And what did you think when you read/were told about the script for the video? Did you think it was cool or where you a bit uncomfortable with it? Any future plans to widen your career range as well? Oh so many questions, not enough space *mumble mumble*

♥ Stay awesome and work hard! You will always have your fans support!!! ♥

Gracias ♥

– Araceli from National City, California :D

9. OMG. I’m literally so excited that K.will is being interviewed by EYK that I can’t even think straight. The only question that’s coming to my mind right now is “Why are you so handsome?” -drool- xD

Hmm…

“K.will, I’m in awe every time I watch you perform on stage. It is absolutely breathtaking! My question for you is, what kind of feelings, emotions, and thoughts go through your head while you are performing?”

Thank you so much for sharing your music with us~! 오빠 사랑해요~!
    -Stephanie from Chicago, USA

10. I want to ask K.Will this simple short question: How do you feel knowing that you have thousands of international fans? Did you know about them and how many there are?
    From Kristin in Norway ^^

11. Lot of people are already asking some of the more important questions I would ever want to ask of K.Will after he released the absolutely fantastic Please Don’t last year. So here is one of the more fun question to ask

Ever thought about releasing duet w/ Daesung (your twin) or even other ballad singers (eg. Baek Ji Young, Wheesung etc)? What about collab with rappers like Leessang or Simon D or anyone from Epik High (esp. Tablo)???

With Love,

From,

Smallest Wonder in US of A

12. This isn’t a question, but the music for this video was really good. I liked it. :)

13. ok imm jump on this wagon for the 1st time [yay me] anyway doubt anyone cares about this BUT me being the inspirit [among others] that i am was happy to hear k.will was working with infinites L SO i wanna know what it was like working with him?

that total made better sense in my head sorry ;/

14. *fangirling mode*

OMG! Kyaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! They’re going to interview KWill!!!!!! I love that man so freaking much!!!!! <3 <3 <3

Can't … contain … feels! *dies from feels*

Seriously now, I'm so happy to hear this news!

I really want to ask KWill when will he fulfill his life time wish to play a part in his own MV! As I've heard that L is going to be in this new one, I think we'll have to wait longer for that to happen … :(

Also, other questions I have in mind:

Q1. Will you consider releasing a compilation album of all your Immortal Song 2 (불후의 명곡2) performances?

Q2. What genre of music have you always wanted to try but you were too afraid that it won't match your image?

Q3. Please recommend a song from your new album that people should listen to!

Q4. Who would you like to colaborate with?

Q5. Favorite female voice from kpop groups? Favorite male voice from the kpop groups?

Q6. If you were able to trade one of your qualities with another one what would that be?

Q7. Favorite moment of the day?

Q8. Do you have any superstitions or odd habits?

Q9. You had a concert in the USA recently. Will you ever consider coming to Europe as well?

Q10. You make people cry easily with your performances full of emotion (I always cry when I hear Symptoms ( 증상 ) from your 2nd mini album and Tears of Mokpo (from Immortal Song 2)). Have you ever cried while listening to a song and what song was that?

I'll stop here for now with the questions! :) Once again, thank you so much Simon & Martina for giving us this interview and I hope more kpop fans get to know what an amazing and talented singer is KWill!!!!

With love and support from Romania,
    Your big(est) fan , Lavinia!

KWill fighting!!!!!

15. My questions for K.Will are :

1. Since he is a solo singer, what are the difficulties that he faces not only professionally but also personally and has he ever wished that it had been better if he was in a band?

2.. He is a singer of genres R&B and soul, what are the other music genres that he is interested in and would he like to experiment in them?

3. What arr your opinions and thoughts when you are explained the plots of your music videos, are they sometimes uncomfortable, what was your reaction to his latest video.

4. Are there times when you feel like a solo career was not a good choice?

5. What are your favourite songs?

6. What are the other singers you look up to that kept you going during hard times?

16. Dear K.Will oppa,

The concept of your previous music video (Please Don’t) actually got me by surprise when it came to the ending. At the beginning when I watched it I thought the girl was the one you loved, but even though you thought she was irritating it seemed like to me that you had a hidden crush for her, because she was always there. I thought this because of the way you reacted towards her and the boyfriend when they announced they were getting married. But then in the end of the music video it was actually you having feelings for the boyfriend. Was this always the concept of the music video like a forbidden love, like was it planned to trick the audience? or was there a complete different idea before the idea of male love for the music video…?

Hopefully this question wasn’t too confusing…

17. That’s the best news of all times. I’m so happy and can’t wait for the interview!

My question is not as well thought out as many others I already read:
    I would just like to know if he watches reaction videos for his MVs on youtube when he has time and if he also actually watches your KMMs :)

Kerstin from Germany

18. My questions for K.Will

1) What changed in your aspect of everyday life?
    2) Does it affect your time with your family?
    3) How does your family feel about it?
    From Love Mikiney
    (Actual name) Virginia wishes you lick and sends all there love. <3

19. What was your reaction when you found out about the plot for “Please Don’t”? Were you worried about how it would be perceived in Korea and abroad?
    – Charley Whelan, Ireland

20. Hi my name is Faustina and I’m from the US. I’m a huge fan andI I wanted to know: When did you start singing (how did you discover your talent)? And when did you decide to make singing a career?

21. My question(s) for K.Will:
    Most of your songs are ballads, but do you have any intentions of making songs in other genres such as pop or R&B? And also what genre do you like the most?

Mahzabin (if you can’t pronounce my name then Moon will do) From England!

22. What are your opinions of your latest music video and if you got any negative comments about it?

Do you have any hidden talents?

If you go back in time, what would you change?

Do you try to give messages in your songs? And if so, what are they?

What has been your biggest challenge as an artist? Have you been able to overcome that challenge? If so, how?

Where do you see yourself in 40 more years?

Do you think times are easier now or more difficult from back then?

Do you have any albums that you’re working on?

What’s the weirdest thing that happened to you with a fan?

THANKS A LOT!

-From Philadelphia, US

23. Who would you say are your inspirations and how would you adapt from their style? Cami, Vancouver

24. Hi, I am a Cuban fan residing in New York. This are the Best news ever!!. Ask Him if he has plans to come to New York in the future. I know he will return to LA in April, but I hope he comes to NY as well.

25. Oh my goodness, I’ve been a fan of K.Will for years now, since ‘Love119’ back in 2008. Here are my questions:

1) Which artists/groups would you like to collaborate with (that you haven’t collaborated with already in the past)?

2) What’s the meaning behind your stage name?

3) What inspired the concept behind the music video for “Please Don’t”?

4) Who has inspired you the most throughout your career?

5) Is there any genre of music that you’d like to try singing (that you haven’t tried before)?

– Lorilei, from Hawaii, 23 yrs old (my name is pronounced ‘low-ree-lay’ btw lol)

26. AA

Whom or what is your inspiration for composing your music?

What is your favorite song that you’ve composed to date?
    How long have you been following the EYK Crew?
    I love listening to and playing your music on the piano. :) -AA

27. Hello from Florida!! my questions 1.if becoming a singer couldn’t happen,what were your plans in life? 2.when do you want to get married/what kind of girl do you want to marry. and finally 3.what are your thought on possibly doing a duet with Kang daesung.not that there is news of one…but i want there to be one…>,>

28. My question for K.Will: Do you have any plans to get married soon? And Is Ga In still your ideal type?

29. My question is Where does your inspiration come from bc K.Will your songs are amazing and the videos make the song even better? and I wish the the best in your carrier keep on singing we love your music. From New York :D

30. I just wanted to know; why K.Will? what is the meaning of that name?
    -From Argentina

31. Hey K.Will,

First off, I would like to say that you are my favorite male solo artist by far. I think your amazing. here are my questions. you can answer as may as you want to.

1.What song do you personally like the most that you have made?

2. Which music video did you like making the most?

3. For the way these music videos were made, Please Don’t… or I Need You?

4. Who is/are your favorite K-Pop artist/s?

5. Can you say “Hi” to Ireland for me, please?

Thank you so much, if you do answer this. Thank you for your time. Marika Gentile, (Ma-ree-ka Gent-eel-ay), from Dublin, Ireland

32. Annyeong K.Will sunbae!
    I have a question for you!
    When you made the music video for “Please Don’t…”, were you worried if some fans -or Korean community- might criticize the video since it centers around gay love? Or did you want to show it anyways despite some criticism?
    What made you want to use gay love for your video?
    Kamsahabnida and saranghaeyo from USA’s Asela!

33. You guys are interviewing K.Will! Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

Q. How does he bring the emotion of the song in his voice? Because when I first heard Love is Punishment, I didn’t understand any of the words (duh!) but had tears in my eyes by the end of the song. That’s like one of my favourite songs by the way!

And he should star in more of his videos! He’s handsome enough :D

34. Oh my god! I am so excited. I LOVE K.Will. I think my only real question is if he’s planning on coming to the UK any time soon? I’d love to see him live. :D

-Celena, UK. Obviously.

35. I am so watching that interview, its great I am a massage therapist and I play KWILL on one of the cd sets and everyone loves him :) can’t wait for the next album,, ajuma fan in Colorado

36. OMG K.Will! That’s so cool you guys :D

I have two questions

The first question is about the plot of the music video “Please Don’t”.
    Since homosexuality isn’t yet accepted by the majority of the Korean population, was he worried about the feedback he would get from the song (after all you want the song to be popular and liked?) What was the process of the storyline? (who’s idea was it). And how would it complement the song?

Also, how did he find out about the EYK award and what were his thoughts about EYK?

K.Will jjang! Keep on making awesome music ;)

37. F

How do you get yourself into the mindset to sing an emotional song? On the day of the recording you may be feeling happy and joyous, so when you have to sing a sad and emotional song, how do you get yourself into an appropriate frame of mind to portray that emotion?

P.S. Hi from the UK :)

38. Ahhh I’m so happy you guys are interviewing him! I have two questions:

1) I’ve noticed more idols getting pets recently, do you have any or are there any you want to get?
    2) What motivates you to keep writing songs and to stay positive when things get difficult?

Much love and respect,
    Sierra, Washington State, USA

39. I remember that he talked with Suju and he said, that he wanna be in video and Suju said, that they want 1 video without them, so they agreed, that K.will will show up in suju video someday :DD

Did you wanted to go solo or maybe as group, duo or smth else? And what are plus and minuses in your solo cereer?

Indre, 16 y.o. from Lithuania~

40. Congrats on your interview with K.Will, I can’t wait to see it.