Coffee Prince Round 2: Lost in the Woods

November 2, 2012

Comments

Ok, so this was quite possibly our most bizarre WANK ever, and I think we’re going to give up on Coffee Prince from now on. Martina wants to give it one last go for us to film something Coffee Prince related, but I think we’re getting a clear sign from the universe telling us to stay the hell away from it. We tried filming it a while ago and ran into a jerk. We tried filming a different part of it yesterday and ran into a mountain. I don’t want to know what comes next. I just don’t like it!

To be fair, I could just be overblowing the fact that we took one bad turn and ended up somewhere completely different. That’s understandable. It’s not like this place is easy to find. You know, now that I think abut it, it’s not like many places in Korea are easy to find. Every time I try to explain to someone how to get somewhere, the directions are always rather abstract, unless it’s very close to a subway stop. Funny thing, too: we have the actual address of this coffee shop, and thought about taking a taxi there, but then we thought, Nah! Walking there will be a great adventure! Let’s show everyone what walking there is like. Famous last words, right there.

What we can say, though, is that we’re not upset about yesterday. We have the ability to appreciate truly ridiculous situations, and we thought it’s quite hilarious how this video about a coffee shop turned into a video about two whiny hipsters lost in the woods. Yes, we were whining, but we were laughing at ourselves doing it the whole time. We never really felt a sense of danger whatsoever. We just found it hilarious. Well, we did start worrying a bit when it started getting dark, because our eyesight is still crappy (this damn pink eye is taking FOREVER to clear up) and walking with camera gear on uneven steps in the woods isn’t the best for flimsy ankles. Again, that’s just more hipster whining. We laughed at ourselves the whole time.

Best part of the story came at the very end of it when we went to the cupcake shop. After we ate the cupcakes (don’t be fooled: I shared the cupcakes with Martina. I’m not a meanie!) we decided to buy one more for our friend. Turns out, though, that the cupcake shop owner recognized us and knows our videos. He gave us a free cupcake. MY LIFE’S WORK IS NOW FREAKING COMPLETE! FREE CUPCAKES! You Nasties make this job totally the best job in the world.

Side note: we’re talking as if we’re living a rockstar lifestyle for getting free cupcakes. Rockstars get free cars and stuff. I don’t want no damn cars, especially considering What Driving is Like in Korea. Seriously – I wouldn’t want a car even if you gave it to me. Good cupcakes, though, I will not turn down.

These cupcakes are awesome. If you’re ever in Buam-Dong check this place out. In fact, you should go to Buam-Dong, not for the Coffee Prince shop, but for these cupcakes. Seriously, they’re so freaking good! We’ve had lots of mediocre cupcakes here in Korea, but these cupcakes are so moist and dense and bloody delicious. We took their business card just to show you. GO, YOU TOURING KOREA NASTIES! CHECK OUT THEIR CUPCAKES! Tell them we sent you!

Cupcake Shop Business Card

Anyhow, it’s hard to say that we’ve got bloopers this week, because it seems like this entire freaking WANK was a blooper reel, but we do have some extra scenes that we cut out, just in case you didn’t have enough of our stumbling and whining. Check em out!

Comments

Wonderful Adventures

Coffee Prince Round 2: Lost in the Woods

1. Well if i see in the news a story about two canadians lost in the korean mountains i know who lol make sure u tell someone where you go so your bodies can be found ;)

2. LOL no mercy <3

3. Taxi Driver: “…정말요?” *Martina Nods* *eek* “…2000원……”

4. I laughed really hard while watching. I know the place, but fortunately a friend that lives in that area took me there (then, another time I took my other friend… and so on…) So when you guys took a wrong turn I was like “No, no! Turn left! Left! And now you missed it…” xD

5. whahhahahaha the new blair which project XD S&M you just made my day

6. omg best WANK ever!!!!!!!

7. Kay, I lied, at certain points it’s a forest — but I stand by my assertion that you guys are funny city people!

8. I like how you guys kept calling it a forest. . . when there were houses on one side pretty much the entire time ;D I live in Northern California, and I’m surrounded by forest everyday, and if you can still see signs of civilization, it ain’t no forest, yo. Lol, city peoples are funny.

9. When I saw the video was 15:00 long I knew the video was going to be good. The ‘tension’, for me wasn’t the Jaejoong monsters, but if you had brought enough camera batteries to record the complete wank.

You guys need to start recording GPS tracks, to overlay on google maps, when you are out and about. Then we could fully understand why Simon got to eat all the cupcakes.

10. OMG by far one of the best wanks ever!! I laughed sooooo hard! The fitness equipment at the top was really funny to see also! made me laugh a lot!!

11. Ok this totally just made my Friday. :’) PS Martina I love your (Luhan) hat <3

12. omg cannot stop laughing !!

13. I love you guise. So much. From the time you entered the wilderness to the cupcake shop, I was laughing. You should just stick with city dwelling. Then wilderness clearly is not fond of you :P

14. hahahahahaha Jaejoong!!!

15. That was the BEST WANK EVER!!! You two are simply the best people on the planet!!! I’m sorry you didn’t make it to your destination but It was so funny to watch!!!! <333333 NASTYYYYYYYYY!

16. when i said i looked forward to getting lost with you in Your new town I didnt think ya really do it !! hahhaaa that was so funny.. I liked getting lost you guys !! DO IT AGAIN!!

17. Guise, this was one of the best WANKs ever :D

It reminds of the old days when my dad used to take us in a random adventure, once when he took us to a park next to a volcano (No need to worry, the volcano has been unnactive since the times of dinosaurs -I’m exagerating here- and it is now just a volcano-shaped mountain) And while wondering around the place we found a restaurant that makes the freaking best meat I’ve ever eaten. And homemade brewed coffee with cinnamon. That coffee is heavenly!!

I LOL’d with Simon’s little squeal when the guy suddenly appeared in front of you, haha, that sounded like he was legitamately scared.

18. Unplanned days are the best! This seriously is one of the best WANK ever XD

19. OMG … I cried laughing because when I visited Korea I did the same thing (tried to visit another place) and got lost walking through Gangnam for about 3 hours at night. My boyfriend acted the exact same way as Simon did except his was more silent rage stewing. In the end I got him trashed with the other friend who was with us and that sort of made up for it.

20. Best WANK ever. I actually did LOL. Love you guise. Texas Grandma.

21. It was the saddest WANK for me. I couldn’t laugh at all while you guise aimlessly wandered in the forest. If I ever get lost like that with my husband, I would be murdered by him in the forest. Simon is super nice he laughed the whole time.
    Please the coffee prince round 3 but this time make sure you have someone drive you (either taxi or your friends with a car). I didn’t know that place turned into a coffee house. I googled it and it looks sooo beautiful with great view of Seoul. You can prolly stop by at Bukak Skyway while you’re there.
    BTW thank you for introducing some hiking places in Seoul!!! It looks great for exercise with exercise equipment. And apprently the cupcake place is quite popular in Korea.

22. I watched martina’s reaction to the cup cake shop being closed like 20 times lolololol

23. This is so weird… I just watched the first “Coffee Prince” WANK two days ago!

24. Mav

Can’t stop laughing to “Yes, fantastic we are white people sacrifice”

25. That was absolutely hilarious, there is no better place to get lost in, then in the woods. I actually really enjoyed this was-going-to-be-coffee-prince-WANK, and I really love how you laughed off the situation you are in, last time I got lost in the city with my sister she totally got annoyed at me for not knowing the way, I told her its nice to just walk and stumble on places you have never seen before but she totally didn’t even pay attention to what I was saying.

26. that was actually a really fun WANK, (p.s. i didn’t expect you to make it there, on account of the last time you tried to go to a Coffee Prince Cafe) *Ahem. on the flip side, i also enjoyed the random Jaejoongs and the mandus and the cupcakes XD those looked so delicious! Don’t worry, I’m awful with directions. with my luck. i would have been camping in the woods *cries to self under a tree.

27. The Blair Kimchi Project. Haha this totally made my day :D

28. If something like that happened to me, I would have “killed ” the person with me xD It reminds me when my mom wanted to take to a place she once saw and then got us lost -.- I wasn’t happy…at all… *lol*
    Well, glad you guys made it back ^-^

29. I think we need to spring to get you guise a GPS.

30. If I got lost I would probably just turn around after an hour lol.

Martina your backpack is amazing. me wants it…

31. Oh my gosh! The part in the woods where y’all are quoting the Blaire Witch Project is freaking hilarious! Especially hen the random guy comes out and simon freaks out! I think it would have been awesome if JaeJoon had popped out and scared you! Such a good husband for sticking with his wife even though she had no idea what she was doing!

32. ahahaha OMG i was nervous with you..i was afraid something might pop out in the woods…ahahahah

33. hahahahaha it was more like ‘secret garden’ wanking than coffee prince XD i was kinda expecting you’ll find that misterious restaurant in the middle of the forest… xDDDD

34. Playing GD’s missing you in the background at the coffee shop!! :D

35. Oh God Martina, I started singing No Mercy at the exact same time you did XD

36. HAHAHAHA!!! I thoroughly enjoyed this week’s WANK. My whole family was rolling over in laughter, especially with Simon’s captain logs xD
    Not to mention we just watched Castaway the other day, and it was totally relevant :p
    Please get lost more often!! :D – wait, uh, I totally didn’t mean that (I DID)

It’s cool to see Korean mountains, instead of the usual shops and roads you take us too. I saw your old 240p videos, when you’d go up with Martina’s co-teachers, but y’know. WANKs in nature!! I like it!! :D

Btw so hungry right now. Colourful mandus~ *O*

37. I love how martina, crazy as always ^^, try to stay optimistic, when simon is imaginating scary stuff. You seems to really enjoying the situation, despite the fact that you were totally lost. This video really crap me up.

38. Reminded me of one of my favorite lines from “Madagascar.” “Nature! It’s all over me! Get it off!”

39. Or we’re you looking for a place to snog?

40. So? It appears as if…….W.A.N.K. Rules? Discourage the use of maps, bread crumbs, compass’s and electronic guide devices…..? Suggestion? Next time get lost in Intewon.