Coffee Prince Round 2: Lost in the Woods

November 2, 2012

Comments

Ok, so this was quite possibly our most bizarre WANK ever, and I think we’re going to give up on Coffee Prince from now on. Martina wants to give it one last go for us to film something Coffee Prince related, but I think we’re getting a clear sign from the universe telling us to stay the hell away from it. We tried filming it a while ago and ran into a jerk. We tried filming a different part of it yesterday and ran into a mountain. I don’t want to know what comes next. I just don’t like it!

To be fair, I could just be overblowing the fact that we took one bad turn and ended up somewhere completely different. That’s understandable. It’s not like this place is easy to find. You know, now that I think abut it, it’s not like many places in Korea are easy to find. Every time I try to explain to someone how to get somewhere, the directions are always rather abstract, unless it’s very close to a subway stop. Funny thing, too: we have the actual address of this coffee shop, and thought about taking a taxi there, but then we thought, Nah! Walking there will be a great adventure! Let’s show everyone what walking there is like. Famous last words, right there.

What we can say, though, is that we’re not upset about yesterday. We have the ability to appreciate truly ridiculous situations, and we thought it’s quite hilarious how this video about a coffee shop turned into a video about two whiny hipsters lost in the woods. Yes, we were whining, but we were laughing at ourselves doing it the whole time. We never really felt a sense of danger whatsoever. We just found it hilarious. Well, we did start worrying a bit when it started getting dark, because our eyesight is still crappy (this damn pink eye is taking FOREVER to clear up) and walking with camera gear on uneven steps in the woods isn’t the best for flimsy ankles. Again, that’s just more hipster whining. We laughed at ourselves the whole time.

Best part of the story came at the very end of it when we went to the cupcake shop. After we ate the cupcakes (don’t be fooled: I shared the cupcakes with Martina. I’m not a meanie!) we decided to buy one more for our friend. Turns out, though, that the cupcake shop owner recognized us and knows our videos. He gave us a free cupcake. MY LIFE’S WORK IS NOW FREAKING COMPLETE! FREE CUPCAKES! You Nasties make this job totally the best job in the world.

Side note: we’re talking as if we’re living a rockstar lifestyle for getting free cupcakes. Rockstars get free cars and stuff. I don’t want no damn cars, especially considering What Driving is Like in Korea. Seriously – I wouldn’t want a car even if you gave it to me. Good cupcakes, though, I will not turn down.

These cupcakes are awesome. If you’re ever in Buam-Dong check this place out. In fact, you should go to Buam-Dong, not for the Coffee Prince shop, but for these cupcakes. Seriously, they’re so freaking good! We’ve had lots of mediocre cupcakes here in Korea, but these cupcakes are so moist and dense and bloody delicious. We took their business card just to show you. GO, YOU TOURING KOREA NASTIES! CHECK OUT THEIR CUPCAKES! Tell them we sent you!

Cupcake Shop Business Card

Anyhow, it’s hard to say that we’ve got bloopers this week, because it seems like this entire freaking WANK was a blooper reel, but we do have some extra scenes that we cut out, just in case you didn’t have enough of our stumbling and whining. Check em out!

Comments

Wonderful Adventures

Coffee Prince Round 2: Lost in the Woods

1. Haha No Mercy

2. I love martina backpack!

3. epic!

4. I’m glad you guys made it safely out of the mountains forest of death!

5. “Oh great, an altar, for sacrifiing white people!” The best WANK ever!!!

6. Definitely my favorite of your WANKs so far. xD

7. Maybe all the exercise machines are for if you run into a monster. Help you build some muscle before the battle. lol.

8. Hilarious!!! After getting the Tweet, I decided to watch this while at work.. had to explain to my neighbors why I was laughing at my desk.. LOVE IT!!!

9. I LOVE YOUR BACKPACK MARTINA!!!!!!!

10. LOL! This was the best WANK!!! My cheeks are hurting from laughing! I loved how you guys were just picking random paths saying “Let’s go on this one! Don’t know where it will take us!”

Oh and this is what Simon reminded me of when he picked up the fork at the end… *too much time spent on Epik High board*

11. It was the best wank ever! I was laught so hard!

12. Those cupcakes make me sad because I can’t have any :

13. I am currently sitting at a cafe on campus watching this cracking up. Wow you guys are so funny. Thanks for the WANK awesomeness.

14. This is the most hilarious WANK ever. :D I actually went to this coffee shop my last week in Korea. We gave the address to a taxi driver who dropped us off at the foot of that mountain and told us to just walk up the street. He forgot to tell us we would be hiking up a ridiculously steep mountain for 25+ minutes through residential areas and past an exclusive-looking temple that we forgot where we were even going. We ended up walking up that main street Martina and Simon ended up on at 12:40. :) You guys were SO CLOSE. And Martina – you are right; it’s an awesome coffee shop.

The cupcakes look delicious! I never saw the coffee shop while in Buam-dong, though. :/

15. I actually wouldn’t mind being attacked in the woods by a Jaejoong monster. Nope, woulnd’t mind it one bit :P

16. LOL!!I was laughing throughout the whole time you guise were lost in the woods!I feel so mean now..thank god you guys are safe!!

17. A whiny Blair Witch Project this is, hilarious!

18. so… i laughed pretty hard at the hand fighting and romance. Hope i wasn’t the only one :)

19. nightshade is easy to find around morthal, but the B*tch of the that mission would be the nirnroots. Like any nirnroot mission is a B*tch

Oh, and laughed throughout this video, but felt like saying that ^……Ya.

20. best video in recent history :) I laughed so hard…

21. LOL! Yet it was very sad.

22. I think this is my favorite of all time I keep coming back to watch it

23. Just watched the bloopers and omg Simon’s ringtone is the best thing ever! Yeyeyeyeye yeyeye yeyeye, hohohoho!

24. OMG guise! That was the scariest ever Eat Your Blair Witch, er I mean Kimchi!

25. Hahaha you guys are too funny, I’ve done exactly the same thing before. Got completely lost somewhere in the middle of Singapore! hahaha best adventure ever.
    Simon I loved the “Captain’s log” bits hahaha my inner trekkie is so happy right now.

but wait you took a 1 minute taxi ride to the place but didn’t film?

• Did you say Singapore? Damn this reminds me of getting lost in Singapore too… attempting a shortcut through a park but park is huge and totally looks like a forest! Random exercise equipment too… When i finally got out of the park, probably like an hour or 2, i came out just a couple of blocks from where i got in! Lol i end up getting a cab… T_T

26. Bwuahahah! You guys are too funny. I loved how even though you were both like; OMG Why are we walking through this forest on Halloween? We gonna die! You still kept going. I wouldn’t have done it… But then again I’m not white so maybe I would have been safe. :-p

27. lol, loved the random Jaejoong monsters popping up everywhere XD

28. SIMON IS SLENDERMAN! XD

29. Despite your original plan going down the drain, this WANK had me laughing the entire time. In fact, I’m pretty sure if I ever attempt to find the location of Shortcake in Buamdong I will similarly get lost ::cough:: in the woods — I’m horrible with directions. P.S. I enjoyed the adventure in the woods. Fun times!

30. This is soo funny!!! Awesome day!

31. Yeah, this whole thing was hilarious, but when I got to the end and saw a link to “Bloopers”? Oh man, just about died laughing… Glad you both survived, and even with sense of humor intact.

32. too funny! I almost enjoy it more when it doesnt go well… does that make me a terrible person? nah. MAKE MORE MISTAKES PLEASE hahahahaha *abruptly turns into an evil laugh*

33. you guys should plot out where the route you walked. I’m really interested in that.

34. Martina: ‘Look at all the nature and stuff’ *hugs a man made wall*. i love you guise

35. It’s official whenever anything fail happens on a WANK I’m going to consider it as The Coffee Prince Curse! Um, well that’s a bit wordy. I’m up for suggestions on what the curse should be called. Let’s all hipster whine together!

36. I think you should do more of those kind of WANKs getting lost is one of my favorite things when i’m in a foreign country you never know what your going to find.

37. Haha, I find this episode hilarious XD

38. Even though you guys got lost, I think this is one of your best WANK’s. Although, don’t get lost again, I need my EYK fix :)

39. nah

lol the first song you think of, looks kinda creepy and i would have freaked after the first hour

40. Cool!!! I’m moving to Buamdong in 2014 lololol!