Coffee Prince Round 2: Lost in the Woods

November 2, 2012

Comments

Ok, so this was quite possibly our most bizarre WANK ever, and I think we’re going to give up on Coffee Prince from now on. Martina wants to give it one last go for us to film something Coffee Prince related, but I think we’re getting a clear sign from the universe telling us to stay the hell away from it. We tried filming it a while ago and ran into a jerk. We tried filming a different part of it yesterday and ran into a mountain. I don’t want to know what comes next. I just don’t like it!

To be fair, I could just be overblowing the fact that we took one bad turn and ended up somewhere completely different. That’s understandable. It’s not like this place is easy to find. You know, now that I think abut it, it’s not like many places in Korea are easy to find. Every time I try to explain to someone how to get somewhere, the directions are always rather abstract, unless it’s very close to a subway stop. Funny thing, too: we have the actual address of this coffee shop, and thought about taking a taxi there, but then we thought, Nah! Walking there will be a great adventure! Let’s show everyone what walking there is like. Famous last words, right there.

What we can say, though, is that we’re not upset about yesterday. We have the ability to appreciate truly ridiculous situations, and we thought it’s quite hilarious how this video about a coffee shop turned into a video about two whiny hipsters lost in the woods. Yes, we were whining, but we were laughing at ourselves doing it the whole time. We never really felt a sense of danger whatsoever. We just found it hilarious. Well, we did start worrying a bit when it started getting dark, because our eyesight is still crappy (this damn pink eye is taking FOREVER to clear up) and walking with camera gear on uneven steps in the woods isn’t the best for flimsy ankles. Again, that’s just more hipster whining. We laughed at ourselves the whole time.

Best part of the story came at the very end of it when we went to the cupcake shop. After we ate the cupcakes (don’t be fooled: I shared the cupcakes with Martina. I’m not a meanie!) we decided to buy one more for our friend. Turns out, though, that the cupcake shop owner recognized us and knows our videos. He gave us a free cupcake. MY LIFE’S WORK IS NOW FREAKING COMPLETE! FREE CUPCAKES! You Nasties make this job totally the best job in the world.

Side note: we’re talking as if we’re living a rockstar lifestyle for getting free cupcakes. Rockstars get free cars and stuff. I don’t want no damn cars, especially considering What Driving is Like in Korea. Seriously – I wouldn’t want a car even if you gave it to me. Good cupcakes, though, I will not turn down.

These cupcakes are awesome. If you’re ever in Buam-Dong check this place out. In fact, you should go to Buam-Dong, not for the Coffee Prince shop, but for these cupcakes. Seriously, they’re so freaking good! We’ve had lots of mediocre cupcakes here in Korea, but these cupcakes are so moist and dense and bloody delicious. We took their business card just to show you. GO, YOU TOURING KOREA NASTIES! CHECK OUT THEIR CUPCAKES! Tell them we sent you!

Cupcake Shop Business Card

Anyhow, it’s hard to say that we’ve got bloopers this week, because it seems like this entire freaking WANK was a blooper reel, but we do have some extra scenes that we cut out, just in case you didn’t have enough of our stumbling and whining. Check em out!

Comments

Wonderful Adventures

Coffee Prince Round 2: Lost in the Woods

1. them mountains just come out of nowhere

2. I started watching Coffee Prince the other day and now I know what you’re talking about! I feel special :)

3. It’s a failed WANK and a partial FAPFAP …. how frustrating~ LOL

4. Funniest WANK ever! I was laughing at you guys the whole time! XD yey for free cupcakes! ^0^/

5. Oh my god – I watched this in bed, in the dark, at 2:30 AM and the sound effects and creepy editing scared the poop out of me, lololol. Even the parts with werejoong xD. I actually had to pause the video at one point to give my nerves a break! Good job on your Halloween HANK guys :D.

That aside, your hiking adventure looked like a lot of fun even if you didn’t make it to sweeper’s dad’s house… I’m jealous! I’m also dying for some cupcakes, that berry one looked so delicious ㅠㅠ.

• >___<"; oh goodness. Yeah… it's 2 AM and I decided to watch this before going to bed and now I'm too scared to go to bed thanks to lion jaejoong.

• SAME HERE…i was so scared by pedobear jaejoong o.O

6. The deliciousness of the world tried to warn you; first the mandu place and now the cupcake shop. It tried to tempt you into stopping your crazy adventure but still you forged ahead! On a positive note, you worked off those cupcakes right?

7. HAHAHAAHAHA I remember when I walked up from Myeongdong to Namsan Cable Car ride. They said it was just 10 minute walk… but what the hell. :| HAHAHAHA Nevertheless another entertaining WANK even you got lost :( =)))

8. I’m sad I didn’t find EYK until AFTER I left Korea summer 2011 :(( oh well there’s always next time right?! Btw what is the address of the coffee prince location you guys tried to go to?!

9. i have never laughed so hard when watching your videos. Could this day have produced your biggest fight evar? Thanks for not dying out there.

10. Best WANK ever! This is definitely an adventure!! :D

11. Monster Jaejoong was actually kind of scary @[email protected] Never thought I’d think that Jaejoong was creepy, ha. Glad you made it all the way back down the mountain. Still confused about one thing: you said the taxi driver drove you around the corner when you told him the address. Was that the Coffee Prince house address? If so, why didn’t you film it after all it took to get there?

• Hey jas~ They told the taxi driver the address to the bus stop, not the Coffee Prince shop. When Martina told Simon they could just tell the taxi driver to take them to the Coffee Prince shop so they could say they at least got there, Simon was like “Eff. NO.” So they just ended up at the bus stop, which, ironically, was only a corner away from where they initially picked up the taxi driver; hence why he must have been thinking “wow, lazy foreigners,” according to Martina. Lol~

Hope this cleared it up for you. :)

• Whoops! I don’t know why my mind skipped over that part. Maybe it was scary-Jaejoong shock? :P Thanks for explaining.

More importantly: Welcome back to EYK! I haven’t seen you around for a while. You missed some epik times in the Don’t Hate Me thread :) I can’t seem to spell ‘epic’ properly anymore, lol.

12. Martina i loooove your jacket =D where can i get one =D so cute

13. Oh God Martina, I started singing No Mercy at the exact same time you did XD

14. Playing GD’s missing you in the background at the coffee shop!! :D

15. HAHAHAHA!!! I thoroughly enjoyed this week’s WANK. My whole family was rolling over in laughter, especially with Simon’s captain logs xD
    Not to mention we just watched Castaway the other day, and it was totally relevant :p
    Please get lost more often!! :D – wait, uh, I totally didn’t mean that (I DID)

It’s cool to see Korean mountains, instead of the usual shops and roads you take us too. I saw your old 240p videos, when you’d go up with Martina’s co-teachers, but y’know. WANKs in nature!! I like it!! :D

Btw so hungry right now. Colourful mandus~ *O*

16. I love how martina, crazy as always ^^, try to stay optimistic, when simon is imaginating scary stuff. You seems to really enjoying the situation, despite the fact that you were totally lost. This video really crap me up.

17. Or we’re you looking for a place to snog?

18. Reminded me of one of my favorite lines from “Madagascar.” “Nature! It’s all over me! Get it off!”

19. hahahahaha it was more like ‘secret garden’ wanking than coffee prince XD i was kinda expecting you’ll find that misterious restaurant in the middle of the forest… xDDDD

20. I think we need to spring to get you guise a GPS.

21. If something like that happened to me, I would have “killed ” the person with me xD It reminds me when my mom wanted to take to a place she once saw and then got us lost -.- I wasn’t happy…at all… *lol*
    Well, glad you guys made it back ^-^

22. If I got lost I would probably just turn around after an hour lol.

Martina your backpack is amazing. me wants it…

23. Oh my gosh! The part in the woods where y’all are quoting the Blaire Witch Project is freaking hilarious! Especially hen the random guy comes out and simon freaks out! I think it would have been awesome if JaeJoon had popped out and scared you! Such a good husband for sticking with his wife even though she had no idea what she was doing!

24. ahahaha OMG i was nervous with you..i was afraid something might pop out in the woods…ahahahah

25. I have been to the place you were looking for – the area didn’t look like any of the places you went lol! – My Korean friend took me for a drive in his car and pointed it out to me (Japanese tourists were stood outside lol) we then went to a lovely place that had a roof terrace for coffee (I have seen it since in dramas!) – it overlooked an area where lots of film producers lived – there was even a house shaped like an old fashioned diving helmet!

26. So? It appears as if…….W.A.N.K. Rules? Discourage the use of maps, bread crumbs, compass’s and electronic guide devices…..? Suggestion? Next time get lost in Intewon.

27. @ 4:14 when you walked the hill up, Martina looked like Gary from Lessang in the musicvideo to Pursiut of happiness :D

28. this happened to me more times then i like to admit :((
    the area looked really nice though and you were so lucky to find that shop open. where i live they close at 7 or 8 max.

29. I think I just found my fave WANK episode. I was laughing the whole time.

30. the tea leaves say that you will never make a successful coffee prince WANK.

31. Nic

omg…. I laughed so hard at this. And seriously jumped when that random blue guy came out of nowhere.

32. That must be the most handsome forest monster EVAAAAR~~!!!! ♥♥♥

33. Don’t you guys have smartphones??? google maps?

34. Even though this was a next Coffee Prince fail (and a hilarious one at that!), I just realized something:

In one of your earlier WANKs, at Samchungdong, didn’t you go down this lane where Martina mentioned that a big scene from Coffee Prince happened there? I think it was at the 00:52 second mark…

I know I sound like a EYK dork, but maybe there’s not a curse after all!