The 2013 Eatyourkimchi Awards!

December 24, 2013

Comments

Hi guise!

Allow us to present to you our second annual Eatyourkimchi Awards, which honours the best of Kpop for 2013, and whose winners are determined solely by you, the audience. We know award shows oftentimes are vague in how they select their winners, but, with us, you can see the results as the votes pour in. We, then, take the list of winners, and do our best to talk about their achievements as awkwardly as possible. Great success! The voting results were hidden for a while after the voting closed, but you can check them now to see all of the nominees and all of the categories. Woot!

We’ve divided up the video into two parts, because the whole thing was almost 20 minutes long. 20 Freaking Minutes! That’s too long for one person to sit through on this thing called the internets, so we cut it in half. We put it all in a playlist, which you should be able to watch above. If not, you can at least see part 1 up there. Here’s part 2:

Very big thanks to Eric Nam, Brad, Geeks, N.O.M., Vixx, and Boyfriend. They were all awesome, and had a great sense of humour about them. This is the kind of stuff we’d love to do with Kpop. We want to be silly with the bands, we want to play around and do funny stuff. Hopefully next year we could keep on doing stuff like this, and run after boy bands telling them we want to lick their butts.

Let us know what you think! I know that online voting is a double edged sword. It’s good that you can determine the winner of the awards clearly, while other award shows “factor” in your participation in some obscure unclear way, but it also means that a fanswarm can heavily sway the votes, as we saw with the first time we opened our KpopCharts system to determine the winners of How to Dance Kpop Style 2011, in which Big Bang won dance of the year for a video…that didn’t have a dance.

With these awards, though, it seems like people’s choices were pretty fair, and though we might have voted for different winners here and there, I don’t think the results are really arguable as terribly unfair. Let us know if you feel differently. I definitely would have voted N.O.M.’s “A Guys” as Nastiest video of the year, IMO.

But, on a more serious note: the video that made us laugh the most out of this whole event was the Bloopers. HA! We had some small mental meltdowns. Why? Because that day that we were filming, when we had to get everything recorded before we went to Canada, we had two urgent unavoidable meetings scheduled, out of the blue, on that day. Each of them taking up two hours. That’s four hours of daylight lost! So we were a bit woozy at the end, as you might have seen with the skating scene. But we managed to finish filming before the sun rose, and then scuttled back home to get packing. But not without getting a load of great bloopers, which we hope you’ll like as much as we do:

On that note, if you liked these videos and haven’t subscribed to our channel yet, make sure you do so by clicking on this button here. Have a Merry Christmas, everyone!

Comments

Special Features

The 2013 Eatyourkimchi Awards!

1. LOLZ! Hilarity!!!!!!!! Great videos! And Soozee with NOM hahahahahahahaha!!!!!

2. i bet soo zee wont be washing her right hand after touching those abs LOL

3. omg the entire thing was amazing. I haven’t laughed that hard in a while! Brad and Eric were awesome together. I’ve replayed Brad’s Eric Nam impersonation like 10 times now. And NOM were hilarious. Soozee made me burst out loud laughing with her interactions with them XD

4. ERMAHGERD SOOZEE IN THAT FIRST VIDEO!!!!!!!

5. I had no idea Doom Dada alluded to so many things, I only recognized the Dali mustache and the zootrope. You go TOP, you go.
    LMAO SOOZEE AND FANGURILLA WITH NOM AHAHAHAHA xDDDD

6. I’ve only watched part one and nearliy died XDD RUN N.O.M RUN was all I could yell. XDD….Eric Nam and Brad kiled me a little XD I was hopping for a judo chop >.> #buskerbuskerrookies4life

7. Let me just say:
    I absolutely love Eric Nam. =D <3

8. I loved the scene with Eric Nam but the one with N.O.M. made me actually laugh out loud. You guys are awesome! Also, I would live to see more Fangurilla.

9. Um….OMG Fangurilla

10. So funny and yay B.A.P and Eric won! Also I don’t know why but I feel like a proud parent, Simon and Martina this video shows how far you guys have come and how far you can go. You guys expanded the EYK crew, just had a pop up store event, had actual celebrity guest appearances and video messages, and numerous other things you all have recently done. It really is amazing to see how EYK continues to expand and continue to keep all of it’s charms!! Ok I’m done having a moment lol! EYK 4 LYFE lol

P.S.
    The Nom part was hilarious! >.<

11. Wow Eric Nam was soo funny! I loved watching him!

12. I would like you to know I nearly died twice while watching this review, both times from laughing so hard I choked on my water. Y’all are like really hilarious assassins…I’m on to you.

13. Great job guys! Loved it! Eric and Brad were so hilarious! Love them! BTW, did you all notice how Spudgy was really looking into Brad’s eyes as he was getting his tummy rubbed. So cute!!!

14. N.O.M Entertainment OFFICIAL FACEBOOK

15. Do you wanna see my Eric Nam impersonation? LOL

16. This just occurred to me. Does your censoring goat noise have any correlation with the awkward goat noise in K-Dramas like Reply 1994?

17. Hi!!! the videos are amazing, omg you are the best. Please write the lyrics from aegyo girl song Lol, your english is too fast for me ;)

18. Great awards guys and thanks for getting some of the artists in for this. In term of reducing fan bias, I wish there was a way of ensuring that people could only vote once…But all in all am okay with the winners as you guise said its pretty fair.

19. I thought last year’s EYK’s Awards was fantastic and really enjoyed it, but this year you have outdone yourselves! All the special guests and the skits and the bloopers! ( Brad’s Eric Nam was priceless and the poor NOM guys with Simon..I think they might be traumatized forever!) With everything you have had going on and how popular you guys are getting it is so nice to see that you are still staying true to yourselves! Please, please keep giving us all of this loveliness and even if I don’t always agree with some of your reviews, I LOVE watching them and you! Have a wonderful holiday season!

20. oh my god i was losing my shit so bad at fanguerella
    /thrust thrust thrust

Everyone who won was just awesome and all the appearances and acceptance speeches were just lovely :3

what a great EYKA this year!
    (also i lost it at martina’s face when simon and soozee were dancing on her in the tiny kitchenette)

21. Hahaha Shawty got low, low, low, low…
    Eric: “How low do we have to go?!”
    Me: “All the way through the floor!”

22. omg! this was s much more than I was expecting! I was thinking something along the lines of last year but then you guys went and totally blowed me mind!!! First off I loved all the guest appearances (especially Eric Nam+Busker Busker’s Brad) and the totally hot half naked guys!! but then you even went and had real acceptance speeches from VIXX and Boyfriend!! Congratulations to everyone on the EYK crew this year because you have officially out done yourself :) thank you for a great to end to whats been an amazing year for all the Nasties :)
    P.S I would totally love my job if I was SooZee as well haha

23. is it just me or does simon totally look like the wierd french dude from Tamra the island with that blonde wig on.

24. OMG! Brad’s Eric Nam impersonation… PURE GOLD! :’D

25. This was awesome! Everything about this was top notch, really!

26. Oh my gosh, I couldn’t stop laughing at these videos :’) Love how you guys actually got some of the winners in (like last year), makes the EYKAs seem more real ^~^ LOVE IT YOU GUYS AWESOME EDITING! <3

27. Awesome awards, S&M! There was so much goodness in this I could cry tears of gold plated joy.

I voted for N.O.M every day so glad they still got some love for obviously being the Nastiest guys in Kpop! And Eric Nam is adorable! Heck, everyone was amazing. Thanks!

28. Hahaha I would’ve never expected N.O.M to be there, that was awesome! Let the traumatizing live on!

And wow that was quite the detailed explanation of Doom Dada, now it seems less bizarre… slightly.

29. No, sorry. Let me do this right.

• Yeah unfortunately EYK’s male population is quite low…

• Am I the only girl who rarely listens to boybands and a lot of girl groups instead…?
        Someone?

• OH MY GOD ANOTHER ONE!!! I thought I was alone in the world.
          Hi, I’m a girl and I mostly listen to girl groups XD

• Oh my god, HIIIII.
          I feel like I’m talking to a rare specimen XD nice to know there’s someone like me out there~

• Ha! Yes, it’s not 50/50, BBBUUUUTTT we can say that our male demographic is growing, definitely a lot higher than it was before! So, hopefully by next year things will balance out a bit more :D

30. I find your lack of girl bands… disturbing

• Demographics are against us, my friend. But don’t worry! That just makes us special.

31. OMG this was the BEST XD I swear, everything was awesome! All the winners seemed pretty fair to me and I’m glad you got VIXX and Boyfriend to do acceptance speeches and that you got Eric Nam, Brad, Geeks and NOM to come to the studio xD They were all hilarious! Brad’s Eric Nam impersonation killed me! Seriously, I couldn’t stop laughing for a long time! And I fangirled like crazy when VIXX appeared with their speech. I hope you guys get to do an interview with them in the future :) It’d be fun to watch! Speaking of fun to watch….THIS AWARD SHOW WAS SO FUN TO WATCH! And the fact that you had to do this in a short amount of time before you left Canada is mind blowing. You guys must have been seriously tired.

Now I can’t wait for next year’s! If you guys had all this planned for this year’s, I can’t wait to see how you will top it!

32. Totally feel the need to say this, don’t care if anyone disagrees, Martina I love what you said about Boyfriend and aegyo and why they deserved to win. Sure it would have been nice to see a girl group take the aegyo category by storm since they are masters of their aegyo craft but from the moment I saw “On and On” I was spewing sparkly rainbows of cuteness from all my facial orifices. They took aegyo to a new extreme and didn’t let up or loosen up once during the whole video. It was as you said very robotic, so robotic it could be a tad scary but then it lulls you with big unblinking eyes like a cute fluffy kitten. Much like this one:

33. Haven’t laughed this much for a video in months. Well done guise, and Merry Christmas all you Nasties in the world.

34. OMG I was expecting an awesome EYKA video this year but you blew me away! it was beyond my expectations, I think I woke up my whole family from laughter… and now I love even more Brad and Eric, they are so funny! :) Also, NOMs part…with Soozee….E.P.I.C!
    Congrats to all the winners!

BEST EYK AWARDS EVAAAR! Congratulations! The best Christmas present this year so far!

Lots of love from Spain

35. This is seriously the best christmas present I could have ever asked for. and NOM?! WTF?! HOW??? HOW DID YOU GUYS EVEN?! I feel violated and ecstatic at the same time! :,D

36. I CAN’T BELIVE THAT U GOT VIXX TO FLIM A VIDEO FOR U GUIES OHMYGURD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE YOU VIXX!!!!!!

37. Soo Zee with N.O.M was HILARIOUS! Lucky girl ^_^ Best job ever!!

38. I LOVED THIS. I freaked out when I saw Eric Nam, and the NOM-parts had me almost dying with laughter!! I would have LOVED to see all the backstage of this, especially with the latter. Their expressions leaving Fangurilla are glorious XD

I was wondering, however, how come you can’t make and give the winners an actual trophy? It seems so sad that they actually come into your studio to give speeches and apparently still can’t bring a trophy home..

• I would definitely do this for them if they wanted me too. I’ve had to create so many award certificates that I still have all the papers, computer formats and seals. That would be so cool if they did though.

• i probably has to do with the cost of making the statues.

39. OMG ! THE BEST MUSIC AWARD EVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!