EatYourKimchi in Toronto!

October 29, 2011

Comments

Hey guise!

If you couldn’t tell by now by our last two videos, we’re in Canada now! Woohoo!

Now, we didn’t announce it to anyone at all because we wanted it to be a totally surprise to our families. See, we usually go to Canada once a year during the summer, but we didn’t go this summer, which was kind of sad for us and our families. We told them that we’d be coming for Christmas instead, while – really – we had planned on surprising them now. Woot! So we couldn’t announce our trip to Canada anywhere because, well, our families follow our site (hi moms and dads and siblings!).

Anyhow, long story short, this is the video of us surprising our families! It’s a bit long, because we did five different surprises for everyone. EVERYONE WAS SEPARATED! WHYYYYYYYY?! We had planned on surprising Martina’s parents together at Starbucks, which they regularly go to in the mornings, but – of course – they had a random change of schedule for that day, so that plan got a bit ruined, but we improvised! Also, Simon’s father was supposed to be home when we came there first, but he had won a Bronze Life Master standing for bridge just the day before, so he was out doing something bridge related at that time. So instead of three videos we have five. YAY!

So, we’re in Toronto until the 5th of November, and then we’re heading back to Korea. We’ll be filming our Music Mondays in Canada until then, but next week we’re just going to be doing vloggity vlogging around Toronto. Yeah!

Also, if you want to stop by and hang out with us while we’re here, you can meet us at University of Toronto on November 3rd.

Woot! We’ll be there for a bit to talk about living in Korea and whatnot, so stop on by for super fun times! And there will be cake! Actually, that was a lie. There will be no cake. But there will be Spudgy! :D

Comments

Special Features

EatYourKimchi in Toronto!

1. Great Success with ALL Mission completed…I guess everyone were happy for you guys surprise visit to Toronto!!
    btw I just wonder that you guys will not released new KPOP Monday review until back to Korea…right?
    as Wonder Girls comeback is real soon!!

2. oł oł wow I just heard Polish, I’m so suprised :3 And parents reaction- the best. I love it:)

3. Awesome!!!! You guys, rock!!!
    Just a question, which language are Simon’s parents talking??? No idea of what it could be! ^^’

4. “But there will be Spudgy! ”
    OMG!!!! I want to see the SPUDGY!!!
    Please come to California, Simon and Martina, please!

5. Awww this was so cool :D I loved your parents reaction , I think Simons dad had the best one ^..^  , And wow Simon I didnt know you speak Polish , I understood everything Your parents said :) Hope on more vids from Canada , and more Spudgy :)

Pozdrawiam <3 !

6. you guys parents are so cute! i hope they’re in more videos from canada.

7. Where will you guys be at U of T? :o I’m in Toronto. lol

8. I like rewatching this becos it’s osm..
    my favorite part is when you guys are headed into Simon’s house and Martina tells Simon to take off his glasses. and he just does it and doesn’t give any lip!! thats so amazing! Martina you’ve got a heckuva man! i’m aware it’s not the best part of the video. lol. but it is a hidden treasure.

9. hahaha, that was awesome!! Simon’s dad had the best reaction! lol.

10. That is totally amazing!

11. That really was a touching video to watch.  Thanks for sharing guise.  :)

12. lol this reminds me running man show!
    very cool!

13. OMG cuttest video  evaaaa *-*
    thats really sweet of you guys todo all of that even though you were really tired.
    the dads have the most epic OMG faces! its funny how the mons take a little while to realized thats their children XD
     hope you guys are having an awesome time :D

14. ahhhh this was so cute XD hahhahhahha omg i was like anxious for you guys!!

15. THIS WAS BETTER THAN A DRAMA OMG I AM CRYING OVER HERE <3 so so so cute …

16. LOL simon’s mom…she was totally about to close the door xD
    awk

17. hahahaha the simon’s mother reaction was my fav xD it took her a while to recognize her son haha xD and that made me sooo laugh xD i even thought ‘oh no, she’ll just close the doors…!!’ but naaaah ofc it didn’t happen xD and then she was super cute *o* and all the polish partz made me soo squeek XDD it’s always such a great fun to hear it haha xDD

oh and that sneaking in the restaurant to surprise martina’s mom. gosh it had to look super hilarious from the other guest’s perspective xDD

anyways – great idea with surprising ur family (: and have a wonderful time there~!! ♥

18. Oh my god! Simons family is too damn cute. When he surprised his mom, I started tearing up. She is the sweetest little mom ever!

19. When did you guys get in to Canada?

20. Holy Etobicoke batman! First Sherway Gardens, next the Dundas Street grill!

21. This video just made me grin the whole time. Yay for family :)

22. Happy happy joy joy; happy happy joy joy!!!!!
    You guise…I wish you and your families all the best!

23. Please ask Simon’s Dad to do a rendition of “Mordney Present” ….it’s clear where Simon gets his *Mordney Bravado* from ~ :)

24. Sherway Garden? haha… Their reactions are the coolest (especially Simon’s dad).  I hope i would be able to do something like this when I go home. I haven’t seen my mom and brother for 3 years since my move to Canada. :) great idea!!! :) awesome!!! :)

Anyway guys see you at U of T!!! I’ll be there after my Chem Lab! :)

25. Welcome home Simon and Martina! (If only for a little while). Have fun and make some great memories.

26. I think Simon’s dad wins the most epic OMG face and Martina’s dad wins second :D

• I think the best were the mums! They both had to have a second, even a third look to recognize their children! :P

27. Can you guise film the Nov.3 meeting? I want to go, but I can’t miss school for it D;

28. This has to be one of my favorite videos from you two.  Probably cause I’m a sucker for all things family-related.  Definitely enjoyed this and hope that you’re enjoying your time at home. :)

29. Let’s put this simple. While I watched that video, my mom suddenly asked (from the other side of the house): What are you doing? So, for the first time since I started watching your videos, I told her about you and while my mom is very much against sharing privet lives on the Internet (I dunno how she will feel about my blogging ideas),

In any case, while I found your video hilarious (secretly scheming to do something like this when I start working, because I hope and study to work abroad), she had me sternly promise not to do something like this to put up n youtube. Oh dear mom… don’t you worry, there are more ways than one to secretly prepare sneak attacks… *just thinking sneaky Christmas gifts for the eh… what is it now…. 5th year in a row).

30. The only thing I remember from the video is “Oh my god.. oh my god.. oh my god.. oh my god.. oh my god.. oh my god.. oh my god..”

31. lol the father almost had a heart attack LOL ~ take care and don’t surprise them too much ^^~

32. I replayed this video probably 10 times today. I can’t get over the surprised/shocked faces of your family! Your family’s soooo cute! :D As much as I want to come see you guys on November 3rd, I really can’t. I live in Calgary and I have school. I’m sad now. >_<

33. idk why I wanted to cry of happiness throuhgout lol
    It’s so nice how everyone was all excited and surprised and its just beautiful to see their shcoked reactions. It is obvious by their emotional welcomes that you two are very loved.

=/ Makes me wonder how my family would react if I surprised them after being gone for like a yr

PS Simon’s voice sounds manly “like a man” lol

34. Great video, that had to be one of your favorite videos to make. Glad no one ended up in the hospital due to shock and/or surprise.

Martina’s sister finding Spudgy was my favorite part.

Simon’s Polish parents live in Canada. Simon lives in Korea. Wonder which country the grandkids will call home.

35. this was so cute i cried throughout the whole video >.<

36. That’s really great! You made me laugh and cry! I know that feeling so well! I’ve been away from my family for 7 years now. So, wishing you all the best of times!!

37. Martina the way u huged ur dad moved to the point that i shed some tears… i haven’t seen my parent in almost 2 years because I’m studying here in Canada and I missed them soo much… awwww.. im happy that u guys are back in Toronto

38. omg simon is tri-lingual!

39. Loved the video! I started getting tears in my eyes when you surprised Martina’s sister.

40. I swear the expression on Simon’s dad was the best ! It was priceless , really !! I loved how you guys surprised your families, some parts even made me cry !! When r u guys coming back to korea ?