EatYourKimchi in Toronto!

October 29, 2011

Comments

Hey guise!

If you couldn’t tell by now by our last two videos, we’re in Canada now! Woohoo!

Now, we didn’t announce it to anyone at all because we wanted it to be a totally surprise to our families. See, we usually go to Canada once a year during the summer, but we didn’t go this summer, which was kind of sad for us and our families. We told them that we’d be coming for Christmas instead, while – really – we had planned on surprising them now. Woot! So we couldn’t announce our trip to Canada anywhere because, well, our families follow our site (hi moms and dads and siblings!).

Anyhow, long story short, this is the video of us surprising our families! It’s a bit long, because we did five different surprises for everyone. EVERYONE WAS SEPARATED! WHYYYYYYYY?! We had planned on surprising Martina’s parents together at Starbucks, which they regularly go to in the mornings, but – of course – they had a random change of schedule for that day, so that plan got a bit ruined, but we improvised! Also, Simon’s father was supposed to be home when we came there first, but he had won a Bronze Life Master standing for bridge just the day before, so he was out doing something bridge related at that time. So instead of three videos we have five. YAY!

So, we’re in Toronto until the 5th of November, and then we’re heading back to Korea. We’ll be filming our Music Mondays in Canada until then, but next week we’re just going to be doing vloggity vlogging around Toronto. Yeah!

Also, if you want to stop by and hang out with us while we’re here, you can meet us at University of Toronto on November 3rd.

Woot! We’ll be there for a bit to talk about living in Korea and whatnot, so stop on by for super fun times! And there will be cake! Actually, that was a lie. There will be no cake. But there will be Spudgy! :D

Comments

Special Features

EatYourKimchi in Toronto!

1. I’ve been watching your videos over the past few weeks from the VERY beginning. This is one of my all time faves!! Great work. Love that simon’s dad isn’t wearing pants…same as my dad. Heading to teach in Korea in August this year so hope I can do the same to my fam :)

2. Ha all their reactions were great :)

3. A long comment, hope you don’t mind !
    Thanks for this super-site and article. ( I posted in another topic too today)

I am from the Netherlands, Europe.
    From my wife’s side, we have family near Toronto, direction Niagara Falls. That has become a warm bond, we have visited them several times through the years

A Canadian forum-buddy who lived in Korea in 2009 put me on the Korea-track in that year.
    Out of curiosity, I watched some Korean drama and movies, and I became hooked ever after.
    And an admirer of Korean culture in more ways.

I only found this site this week, searching for information about Korea in Toronto, because we hope to be able to travel again in June this year. This time we want to spend some nights in the city, in Chinatown and Koreatown,  The information on your site has been very useful, for making more detailed plans for our visit.
    Kam sa mi da !

4. S V

I have a grandpa in Canada who loves Tim Hortons. I’m glad he’s not alone. :)

5. Congrats. You’ve made my face hurt now. I’ve been smiling for 13 minutes straight. Why do stuff like this make me smile like a goddam fool?

6. That was super sweet! Hope you had fun!

7. Nice video…Martina has great ninja skills^^ Martina’s mom reaction was nice…she didn’t recognize her at the beginning~ It was kinda cute when Simon’s dad was switching between Polish and English “Oh TY son of a gun”…haha…

8. The video is really heartwarming, I like it very very very much! BARDZO! ^^ And Simon and his parents talking in Polish, that was so sweet! I love guys! All of you and your family members!

9. Haha… GREAT

10. They’re Canadians residing in Korea. Simon’s parents are Polish, and that’s what they were speaking at the end of the video.

11. Want to be there!!!!!! I was in Toronto from Sep.2010-Apr.2011……. I lived on Queen St East……. Miss the moment and it would be amazing if I met you guys in Toronto.

12. oh i didn’t know you two held a fan-meet on thursday! but i did you you guys in a red/burgundy car when i was walking to class at st. george and college! =]

13. Wow! This was fun to watch :D And so heart warming.

14. That was really sweet…and I luved ur families awesome suprised reactions lol

15. this is sooooo sweet!!!!! I almost started crying after watching this!!!!!!

16. Martina, is your brother wearing a Super Sentai/Kamen Rider shirt at 4:25? I like him already.

17. I thought I couldn’t like you guys anymore than I already do, but, but….

OMO PORTAL REFERENCE :O