Eat Your Sushi: Hospital Snakes

August 1, 2016

Comments

So, at the moment Rachel and Jun are at our place, and as we’re editing this week’s Eatyoursushi episode we told them the two stories we shared, and – they admit – they haven’t come across people as crazy as we have so far. So I’m starting to wonder, going back to one of the questions we answered before: are our lives really as eventful as we make them out to be? Back then our answer was, no. Our lives aren’t eventful. We just get very excited about things, and keeping a happy perspective is always important. But after meeting these two people on this bizarre Saturday, we’re not going to say that nothing ever happens in our lives. Martina almost had demons pulled out of her through a subway man’s pliers. Sometimes, things are crazy for us. But for our next week’s Eatyoursushi we do not have crazy stories to tell. We have boring stories that we find really amusing, but no bizarre encounters this time.

Otherwise, we can now finally talk about Pokemon Go. I think we’ve come to a conclusion about it: WE REALLY SUCK AT IT. We’ve been playing it for about a week now or so. Martina is at level 9. Rachel just started playing a few hours ago. She’s at level 8. HOW THE HELL ARE WE LEVELING UP SO SLOW?! It could just be that our area is lame and there’s not a lot of activity, so we can’t catch as many Pokemon, while Rachel has loads of Pokemon we’ve never seen, because she was in the Shibuya area. So maybe that’s it. Our area’s lame and so our levelling up is slower than most people. Poop. But I will say this: our bike riding and phone rocking technique WORKS! We were able to hatch eggs more quickly that way. Give it a shot if you can, but on a not busy street, of course. Don’t die plz.

Also, some of you might be confused about the photoshoot thing we were doing in this week’s video. It wasn’t for anything in particular. It basically came from the fact that, when we did our Japan Times interview, the photos used were really old photos of us. We look different now. We keep on doing interviews, though, and the pictures they use don’t really reflect what we look like now. So we just got a bunch done. I don’t know what they look like yet, but they were fun! We walked around Shimokitazawa, and it really reminds us of Hongdae, so shooting around there was almost nostalgic for us. Hopefully the pictures turn out all right. We’ll share them with you once we can!

Comments

Eat Your Sushi

Eat Your Sushi: Hospital Snakes

1. Simon and Martina, have you heard of Black Pink?

They’ve only debuted a few days ago and are earning quite the hype. Some are even calling them the next 2ne1! I want to know what you think of them so far.

Also, what do you think of the English used in kpop songs now? Especially since a lot of kpop groups seem to have at least one member who speaks English fluently, like Seventeen, BTS, Got7, EXID, etc.

2. I was wondering if you have met any people in Japan who are deaf/mute?

3. I think Martina definitely dodged becoming an Urban Legend there with “Pliers Man”! Whew!!! Glad that you guise are feeling better now :*! Okay, since everyone seems to be saying “Korean Pizza & Toast”, I’m going OG with Bucheon’s Sala Thai Restaurant Review (it wasn’t “technically” a FAPFAP since it predates Martina breaking her ankle by “erhem, saving the mermaid who was drowning outside of the fountain” ^_~). It was a FAIL because you guise went there & spent what was at the time a lot of money for food that just wasn’t that good. The restaurant’s closed now since their food just wasn’t “always delicious in all ways”. You were both disappointed with the experience “Worst Thai Food Experience Ever”, if I recall correctly lol. That one has my vote! The funniest worst failed vids imo were the Coffee Prince WANKS ^_^! Love you guise — stay safe, eat safely & always be *you*!!

• I forgot to add that the review is filed under “Food Adventure” here on the Eat Your Kimchi Website. (Fingers crossed because I’d reeeaaaallly like to win a capsule toy or a Samurai Spudgy or a Beckoning Meemers sticker ^_^!)

4. Hi Simon and Martina, Its really nice to know that you guys are getting better and hopefully in the future, you will be careful.

So to answer your question, one of the FAP FAPs u guys did not enjoy were the Korean Pizzas. it was one of your earlier videos, when you were in Bucheon and you guys decided to visited Mr. Pizza and saw 2PM endorse the chain. However, the Pizzas were horrible. you guys choose the Montand 4rangeah which is a combination of 4 types of pizzas and well, it was downhill from there for you guys.
    Also later, at your studio, you ordered pizza from two different chains, i think it was Pizza hut and Mr. Pizza again. Again, it was not so nice for you guys.
    Hope thats the right answer and keep rocking guys. Has japan offered you good pizzas yet? :)

5. hi, i really love your Eat your sushi segment… I’m so happy that you are enjoying your lives in Japan… I’m originally from Czech Republic, currently living in Japan and loving it as hell!!
    i’m sorry about the food poisoning… though, it doesn’t necessarily have to be a fault of the curry… my stomach hurts in summer here too… guess, it’s the temperature and moisture we’re (well, i for sure :DD) not used to….
    i’m sort of envious of your neighborhood, i live in smaller part of Tokyo too, but the only person i regularly talk to is my landlord… well, he’s awesome, so it’s okay, but that sort of friendly neighbor starting conversation with you is something i sort of look up to…

6. Hihi! I love asking my friends mundane questions for comparison to my own life. What is your cleaning routine like? Who takes care of which chores and how frequently do you do them? (Sweeping, cleaning the toilet, dusting, etc) I have always admired Japanese organization and cleanliness, especially SPRING CLEANING. But since Spring is far off, are there any new cleaning routines or habits that you learned in Korea or Japan? And how do you guys tackle the boring adult cleaning chores together?

Thanks! :3

7. You must read The Iron Druid Chronicles by Kevin Hearne. Seriously, soooo good. If you are into audiobooks, they are great too (I generally hate audiobooks, but these are really well done). Martina, I’m about half-way through the WoT series. I’d never read them (I know…shame…shame!!!). I used to get through books so quickly, but these are taking forever. Being an adult stinks sometimes. I’m such a granny. I read a few pages at bedtime and…zzzzzzzzzzzzz….

Have a beautiful day!

• I have an Irish wolfhound and people keep telling me to read this series, so I guess I better get started!