Hot Chocolate With Boyfriend

June 5, 2014

Comments

First off, let’s start by saying thanks to Boyfriend for being such great sports. Their new video is really quite cool and has an interesting take on the Peter Pan story. Check it out if you haven’t seen it yet!

As for this video we shot, we know it’s a bit random, but it’s something we had a lot of fun doing. We hope you liked it as well. Woohoo!

For a bit of backstory, we’re on pretty good terms with Starship Entertainment. They’ve got good people working there. We did an interview with Sistar a long time ago, and we also did a video with K.Will last year, and then Boyfriend gave an acceptance speech at our Eatyourkimchi Awards for winning Aegyo of the year.

For Boyfriend’s comeback, we all wanted to do something together, but we knew that everyone’s schedules are pretty crazy. We’re in an out of this and that country, as are Boyfriend. So how could we shoot something fun without taking too much of everyone’s time? This seemed like a winner to us!

And they were not only totally game for the idea, and also very fun and energetic in the video, but they were also surprised at how fast it was. When we were done filming they were like “really? That’s it?” Yep. It was 6 minutes of filming. BOOYA!

You might be wondering why we like doing silly skits instead of longform sit down interviews. I don’t really think we’re thaaaaaat into interviews anymore. If we had the choice, we’d rather to something silly and fun. We’re really inspired by Jimmy Fallon’s skits, in which Tom Cruise pounds eggs on his head while Jason Statham gets glasses of water thrown at him. Those are fun! They show the celebrity’s personality, and doesn’t make them answer all of the questions they’ve been asked a bagillion times over. I’m glad Starship was down for not only something this fun, but also for being comfortable with something non-traditional (which we’ve had rejected by other companies before).

Boyfriend Signed CD Giveaway!

Another big thanks to Boyfriend and Starship for the CDs, which we will, of course, be giving out to you guise! If you want to win, here’s what you gotta do!

YouTube

To win on YouTube, first make sure you’re subscribed to us, because we’re only picking subscribers, and then head on over to our video and let us know in the comments what your favorite part of Boyfriend’s video was. It’s a very different take from their other videos. Let us know what you think!

Facebook

To win on Facebook, first make sure that you’ve liked our page, then answer the same question in the contest thread linked below!

Twitter

To win on Twitter, make sure you’re following us on Twitter, and then click on this to retweet. It’s that easy! Booya!

Premium Nasties!

For those of you who don’t know, we’ve recently rolled out our Premium Nasty program. We’re really honored by all the support, so we want to give something back. If you’ve got a Nasty Badge, just answer the same question in the comments below. We’ll pick one Premium Nasty as a winner. Woohoo! Your odds of winning in this category are a lot higher than, say, Facebook or Twitter, where we have 150-300k followers, while the Premium Nasty number is a lot smaller than that. Much higher chances of winning!

And, on a silly note, here are some bloopers from the video. You’ll also see Martina’s and Soo Zee’s storyboard for the video. Shooting a quick video like this makes it easier for companies to understand what we’re trying to shoot. Point is, Soo Zee does a great Boyfriend impersonation. Check it out!

And, lastly, don’t forget to click on this pretty button below right here to subscribe for more of the silly collaborations we have in the works. Wink wink. Nudge nudge.

Comments

Special Features

Hot Chocolate With Boyfriend

1. In all honesty…. I loved the ending where he turned into Captain Hook. That was pretty awesome ^_^ in the beginning I liked the parts in the Hexagon library(?) but, the ending was kind of showed the hero turns evil which I liked

2. I want hot chocolate too~
    Though I like their aegyo-high energy-songs I love this sexy-grown up style more(which is the opposite of pter pan) My favorite part was definately the end scene when Donghyun put on the hook and they all sit&all look like bad boys [●♢●]

3. Cool video, a little stilted but really good considering english is probably Boyfriend’s second/third language. The EYKmobile needs more action shots!

Cyber_3 – first comment without disqus, it’s kind of weird. Killed “Redirect Cleaner” for eyk, everything all better.

• I didn’t notice who you were without your regular avatar! I actually was interested because I though, humph, why is that not a square, and then I saw your name :D

4. My favourite part is at the end when Donghyun puts on the hook implying that he is Captain Hook (which was so badass btw). I love the fact that they switched the antagonist/protagonist roles around (Peter Pan / Captain Hook).SO COOL! I freaking love this song, it’s got that whole 90s boyband sound. Also, A++ for the choreography and styling. The whole thing was simply my cup of tea; an old fantasy modernised.

I am definitely looking forward to their comeback stage. Boyfriend fighting~

5. I guess it’s more the song than the MV, but I was really digging the bass line in this song, and the random digital trill during the chorus. So good! But if we’re talking strictly MV, then the first cut to the “hide out” was my favorite part. I usually don’t watch Boyfriend videos, they’re too aegyo for me, but I was sooo happy this video was tougher and manlier. Boyfriend’s got a new fan~! ^w^

6. I love this! much better than listen to “so whats your ideal girl?” or ” so tell me about your concept?” I’m not even fan of Boyfriend but an interview like this definitly made me check out their video^^ So Simon and Martina I defintly recommend this format^^(and great job by soozee too=P) I like the song, the theme is generic though right now,everyone has that colour scheme and clothes imo. By the way as a librarian i do no think that bookshelf was practical, definitly cool but who steps on books?! o.o XD

7. Awesome would love one of those BOYFRIEND CD’s…the concert here in Puerto Rico was awesome they really enjoyed it and us too.. Well on the bloopers MV loved Soo Zee she looks so cute and love her purple hair
    -Dr.Spudgiesworth 1st-

8. I actually liked the part where the girl died and peter turned pirate. The song is really cool. But I really liked the tunnel made of book shelves i thought it was cool. It’s my favorite BF song so far. But you are a bat girl still has a special place in my heart.

9. This was a very cute, silly skit. Definitely something different. Very enjoyable. I just wish there was a touch of interview or Boyfriend say a little more about their album. You know a little extra something, more Boyfriend. Overall it was great.

I loved the creeper twin in the bloopers. XD

• Thank you for the feedback! Yes, it would have been nice to have Boyfriend say a bit more. We’ll consider that next time we plan for a video like this :D

• D’oh I also meant to say that I love that Jellyfish has a great sense of humor and allows their artists to participate in your skits and likes your ideas. I wish more companies were like this.

• *cough* Starship… Not Jellyfish * cough* Jellyfish is Vixx.

• Oh crud! I was having a Seo In Guk moment before this post and flipped the companies. Thank you for clarifying :)

10. The beginning bit was awesome, where the girl is around all the books the scene was original and it looked really cool. I also loved the dance it’s different to what I’ve seen in the past. The fact that they blurred out the knife on the wanted poster made me laugh (I still don’t really understand why they do that). The setting of the scene looked like it was underground and that Boyfriend were some underground gang which is pretty different from their other videos. The fact that the girl exploded was a bit disappointing but the ending was great with the hook. Boyfriend just blew up their ”young never grow old” cutesy image and became adult captain hooks. All of them look a lot more comfortable on camera than before which is great.

11. I prefer this silly skits over long interviews too so I get what your saying. I hope there will be more of this type of things in the future :D

• Oh and I fortgot My favourite thing about this music video is how they look and sound! They are so manly and the song is not cutie but … just great! xd My favourite moment was when they were dancing in the basement with little chairs!

12. I think my favorite part of the music video, is when the girl blew up. I am sorry if it sounds cruel but I found it pretty funny. I felt like she could of threw the bomb back at the guy in green before it blew up.

13. I really like the dance moves and the concept of Peter Pan whimsical/ bad boy attitude. At first I was wondering who the guy in the green suit, like was that Yoo Jae-Suk? But after the ending of the video when he put the hook on, it made a more sense that the role is reversed. Very interesting
    Like · Reply · 9 minutes ago

14. Hmm,Overall I think the Boyfriend MV is super awesome and went well with the music. Boyfriend Comeback really change a lot to a manly looks. No more cutie looks. They really make a very nice manly concept. I really like it and really appreciate their handwork for making their new comeback video obsession.
    I really love when Minwoo & Kwangmin rapping while standing on the chair. Soo cool & hottie. I really love when Youngmin singing his part. his cute and handsome looks make me fallen in love. I actually love their new comeback alot. Love their new concept. Keep It Up BOYFRIEND! Boyfriend Hwaiting! I’m a fans of Boyfriend bias is Youngmin,Kwangmin,Minwoo&Jeongmin. <3 ^_^

15. gwf

My favorite part of Obsession was the part where it shows Boyfriend when they were still ‘young’ (where all members wore white and with no tattoos. I think it was part of Donghyun’s memory) before they were deemed too ‘old’ and Peter Pen (PP) wants to get rid of them. I really love how they were so happy to see PP at first and how they were shocked when he rejected their hands and pushed them away, not forgetting how he strangled Donghyun. I feel that it not only show the reason as to why Boyfriend choose to rebel PP but also the transition of them from being a cute Boyfriend to a MENFRIEND in real! Furthermore, that part was a big contrast with the other parts of the MV with them all being white and innocent and the rest of the movie being dark and rebellious. I really love the contrast. I also love the effect of the blurriness and the focus was on PP that was the only color shown.

I really hope i can get the signed CD. I’ve never participated in any of these contest before since I wasn’t a big fan to the other groups. But I’ve known Boyfriend even before their debut and it was pure coincidence that I came across their fanpage while browsing. From then on, i was a huge Bestfriend. Seeing them rise as a rookie and falling (maybe some fans wont agree but its true seeing the number of fans drop) after DTMG and now they are slowly rising back. Lots of Bestfriend has been waiting for this comeback for so long but all of us hanged in there even after a lot fake rumors of their comeback. HAHA. Im ranting so much but I really hope i will be able to win just this one time. Simon and Martina, if you are reading this, I hope you can choose me. Haha. Have a good day and thanks for forking out your time to create this video. Really appreciate it~~~

16. ahahahahah that was so fun to watch!!!!
    and i liked the test video ahaha!!

17. Loved the video you did with them, so funny haha.

My favourite part of Boyfriend’s mv is from 2:39 – 3:25. I liked the part where the girl exploded, but I also like how the song goes from there, and the dance! (I also really liked 1:53-1:56, the library scene!)

But yeah, Loved the song, video and dance! So catchy -w-

18. lol love your skits they are too funny I always look foward to your videos they give me a smile even on not so great days

19. my favorite part of the video was when hyuseung didn’t have a shirt on….. yes is would sound bad but was one of my favorite part! and other of my favorite part was when minwwo and when kwangmin was walking on some block that have light when he was walking by. and kwangmin rapping i love those parts. i really love this video and boyfriend! i haven’t have the opportunity of winning something cause i’m overseas i would be happy to win this!

20. Oh my.. this was hilarious! :’D

21. Simon made his own hot chocolate?

22. The Hi-gh-li-ghte for me was:
    -the hexagonal library that should exist out of BF’s mv
    -That the young boys had grown up into ‘fierce masculine men’ with Hyunseong’s abs, boyfriends tattoos, graffiti and blurred knife (Psst, even though this was supposed to be a bad assed video, they had to blur out the knife, because KBS could possibly ban them)
    -the effort that Starship ent. spent on them for an interesting plotline, engaging concept, dance with chairs that light up on touch and beautiful background
    -the fact that they found out they were pushed out of Peter Pan’s group because they grew up and ultimately turned into Captain Cook’s gang as symbolised by the hook
    -That they, like captain cook’s band in the story of Neverland, followed the storyline that was set for them in the book that they were to bring a bomb that ultimately led to Wendy’s demise
    And, of course boyfriend in this music video who had performed stunningly for the music video
    BOYFRIEND JJANG, SARANGHAEYO!!! :D

23. SO, overall I think the story in the MV was really good and went well with the sound of the song. The beginning starts out really interesting with the girl walking through the books. I really like how that theme continues and they get flashes of her and eventually find their way to that same tunnel of books. It was really interesting to watch! I am really glad that the video came up on YouTube this morning for me :)

24. I can only agree that this type of video/”interview” is much more interesting and funny than the usual ones! :D
    Regarding Boyfriend’s MV, I really loved those tattoos! They made them look dangerously handsome. *_* Moreover, the story had a surprising twist to it – and sort of a warning that not wanting to grow up is a hazardous dream…

25. My favorite part was at the end, with the hook. Cause all the way through the MV you think they’re the lost boys, but then you realize they were the pirates. I love this! so good…

26. This was an interesting concept!

27. This was a fun video! I’m glad you guys are using your opportunities to film with the bands to do fun things instead of interviews. As you said, it allows us to see their personalities in a way we don’t normally see. Of course, I also like when you are able to ask them questions directly from the fans too, so maybe in the end a mix would be good? Either way, definitely enjoyed this cute and short video.

Also, I haven’t followed Boyfriend much, but I am really liking this video. Didn’t expect the twist at the end and it makes me want to go watch it again for more details. Kudos to their staff for doing something somewhat unique in engaging! And thanks to you guys as always for bringing us fun videos!

28. Cool beans! My fave part was the beginning when introducing the MV, when it showed their fun side…^U^

29. Hahaaa, so so cute video! Wow, Starship Entertainment are pretty awesome. I’m glad you were able to do this – I remember being really amazed by K.Will. I think these kinds of skits really fit you guise, and I’m sure it must be a lot of fun for idols not doing always the same thing. I also think there should be more random friendship being made through hot chocolate. Thumbs up! I actually laughed the most at the sound your car makes when you are driving though ^^

30. They were so bubbly and happy! Very awesome ^_^ As for my favorite part of the mv, I really liked the part where the one walks across the step stairs and they light up as he walks across them. A small part, but I was like “Woah!” hee ^^’

• I did think of something else! That tunnel of books was awesome! I would hole up in that area if possible and just read for hours on end lol.

31. Yeah!! I’m a nasty!! Woohoo! I actually didn’t understand the mv…
    I love the little skit <3

32. I personally liked the part where all the members were walking through the tunnel of bookshelves. There wasnt really a top or bottom and they were just all over the place. Its a whole new concept to the box room, lol. I had never really been into boyfriend that much before but WOW I was completely thrown off guard when they came back and I first saw the video, I was like WHAT?! THATS BOYFRIEND? What happened to my aegyo boys they have grown up into dark sexy young men, lol I liked it alot. Its always awesome when groups try out new concepts that are drastic changes from previous images. I am really proud of them, and I am a new found bestfriend!!!

33. I have to say that I do really love their new video, I was nervous because its really different from what they’re known for and I didn’t want another Coffee Shop -.- my favorite parts were actually the funny ones. Peter Pan randomly appearing with a bomb and then throwing the chick towards them as she explodes lol, I also appreciated the outfits that showed that the boys have nice muscles underneath XD

34. my favorite part of the video was when hyuseung didn’t have a shirt on….. yes is would sound bad but was one of my favorite part! and other of my favorite part was when minwwo was walking on some block that have light when he was walking by. and kwangmin rapping i love those parts. i really love this video and boyfriend! i haven’t have the opportunity of winning something cause i’m overseas i would be happy to win this!

35. I liked the part where Kwangmin was rapping while walking on the chairs and they light up as he stepped on it. Oh yeah, and the part where Donghyun stabs the book with the knife and they blurred it. I though that was preeettyy funny :D hahahaha

36. I first read the title as “hot chocolate with my boyfriend” and thought it was gonna be a FAPFAP and was thinking “what? that’s kinda boring…” and then clicked the link and went “what… wha-… whaaaaat?!?!” lol.

very cute.

I don’t even like Boyfriend, but actually that’s a pretty good song! i guess i’m happy they moved away from the creepy-cute style. lol. the twins still freak me out though… XP

37. Omo! the thing I like most with boyfriends video are all the books! I love books and fairytales and I also like cute girls and hot guys reading books. A video with books and fairytales as a main theme can’t go wrong in my book (bad joke I know!).

38. So that’s how you attract famous people… hot chocolate!

39. Awesome! Love this giveaway.

Wow what an interesting K Pop Music Video…And since I love books and Peter Pan I loved when the girl opens the book in the library and it reveals to be the story of Wendy and Peter. Gush! And seriously look at those sexy book illustrations. The nostalgia is strong in this video.

40. My favorite part of this video was definitely that part of the choreography with the stools. That was really cool.
    Also, when he walked across them, he looked ahead at the camera and not where he was stepping. That looks really difficult! I imagine that it took a lot of practice to carry out~