June 9, 2018
Can you believe it? I have finally updated this channel! And this is a very casual video and it’s pretty long…hahaha.
I figured for those of you that are willingly to watch me, an unprofessional make-up artist apply her makeup with brushes she calls “smoosh smooshies” or “the beaver tail” I figure I can just chat casually like friends getting ready together in a mirror.
So this video all about how I apply a natural makeup look when I want to achieve super smooth skin, big eyes, and glowing cheeks (because I’m wearing makeup)….but I don’t want to LOOOOOOOK like I’m wearing tons of makeup in person or up close. More of an “enhanced” smoooooth Martina look. Plus, this is a quick look that takes me around 10 minutes to do.
Let me know if you enjoyed this video or if it was just too long for you, but truthfully I enjoyed being able to just joke and chat with you. And please let me know if there is something else you’re curious about that I can cover! I SWEAR I WILL PUT UP A HAIR BUN TUTORIAL ONE DAY!
1. Apply generously amounts of face cream to freshly exfoliated/washed face. If your skin seems even a little dry, more face cream and wait for it to absorb. If you start with a dry face your makeup will look really dry and cracked especially when in person and up close.
2. Apply BB Cream with your hands. The amount you use should be smaller than a pea. I first focus on my cheeks/forehead/under eyes and then I go to my nose last. I do this because my nose has larger pores than the rest of my face and it always looks like it has tons of makeup on my nose if I apply BB Cream to it in full force.
3. Lightly apply a pressed/loose powder to lock the BB Cream on your skin and to keep it from dripping off in the scalding hot sun and humidity.
4. Apply primer to your eyelids.
5. Aim for a two – three tone eye: light to dark
-White or lighter colours on the lid from the inner lid to the mid lid
-A lighter brown colour over your whole lid avoiding the inner lid (where the lighter colour was)
-Apply a darker brown to your far eyelid corner and then into the crease blending back and forth until it looks soft
-Apply a white-light eyeshadow underneath your brown bone
6. Apply a silver or light coloured eyeliner under your bottom eyelid line and into the corner to create a bigger looking eye
7. DON’T SNEEZE (optional contouring before blush)
8. Apply blush to the chubby parts of your cheeks. You can find those by smiling really hard. Follow that cute chubby cheek up in a line towards your ear. Kind of like the shape of a check mark! Adding lighter and light amounts of blush.
-When you get to the top of your cheek, the area close to your ear, add a touch of light sparkle/highlight.
9.Pop on a little bit of light colour to your lips so they don’t get washed out.