K Crunch Cocktail: Haru Hello Ear Champagne

February 9, 2012

Comments

Welcome to our third K Crunch playlist! On Saturday we did our K Crunch Update, Sunday we introduced our K Crunch Indie Playlist, and today we’re introducing our K Crunch Cocktail.

This playlist isn’t about introducing what’s brand new in pop or cool in indie, this is a mixed bag, a cocktail concoction, if you will. Is there a common theme? Yes: older Korean songs that we like, and it might be pop, or rap, or indie, or crazy. Hopefully you’ll discover some songs that you can’t believe you’ve been living without!

Pop: Big Bang – Haru Haru
Who’s cutting all these onions near my laptops? Ugh, it’s making my eyes all watery. Gosh.

Pop: Baek Ji Young ft Taecyeon – My Ear Candy
One of the catchiest kpop songs we’ve ever heard, yet it didn’t get a lot of attention. Also, love Taecyeon’s serious “in pain” expression throughout this video.

Rap: Red Roc ft TOP – Hello
This rapper is so underground that we can’t find any of his albums or an official YouTube channel, if you’ve got any info about it, let us know!

Indie: GOGOSTAR 고고스타 – Champagne
We love love love GOGOSTAR! Expect a couple more songs by them to pop up on these playlists. If you like them and you live in Korea, you can catch them playing in small clubs in Hongdae! They’re crazy!

Comments

K Crunch

K Crunch Cocktail: Haru Hello Ear Champagne

1. Chanpagne is a great song.  i really love the sound because i’m a huge fan of 80’s music … and the visuals .. its like Jrock… meets The Cure … meets acid … in the best way possible.

2. I love Hello…I was totally in love with TOP when I saw this video for the first time..I watched it for him but became a fan of the song too.

3. gogostar were awesome but the video kinda scared me….lol……i loved the olds fashion 70-80’s feel to it with the electronic piano efect ^____^ and the female/male vocie combination :) that is going to be in my ipod right away

4. OH BIG BANG! HARU HARU the 2nd kpop song i learned to play on the piano…the first was “WEDDING DRESS”

5. OMG. The candy song has been blocked. :c But I searched it and found it, I like it. :D

Also, I’m pretty sure everyone’s seen Haru Haru!! xD It’ll be interesting to see more songs you like.

• I totally don’t understand why companies block their songs in other countries.  Don’t they want the exposure?  Don’t they want the ad revenue?  It’s beyond me.

•  It is usually because they bought the beat off a producer from overseas and only got the rights to make money off it in Korea so the producers can sell the beat again to another singer.

Either that or they want to limate their matirial to Korea so if anyone steals it or whatever they can easily go after them unlike in, say, China.

6. Haru Haru the first song i listened to by Big Bang I love that song the only thing  i hate is that every time i watch it i cry >.< Anyways I liked all the song even the last song :)

7. when I first saw the Haru Haru video when it came out, I was crying so much. The song paired with the story was so sad!!!

8. Hello is where I feel utterly in love with Actor!TOP  he was just too amazing. Plus the song is awesome.

9. you should change the link to the original mv of haru haru which is on YGEntertainment channel! it has over 24 million views and the one on Big Bang’s channel is just a re-upload….

10. I WILL ALWAYS LOVE HARU HARU :) Big Bang is what got me into k-pop in the first place.

11. If someone who calls themselves a kpop fan has never seen Haru Haru that’s just…that’s just a crime against kpop dude. They should be arrest!

12. SKS

My Ear Candy did pretty well, chart-wise.  Promotion just got halted when 2PM had their leadership crisis. :T

13. You guys…. Thank you for all this knowledge <3

14. U just talked about haru haru… it is now officially impossible to love you any more than i do now <3 stay OSM <3

15. I think your description for Haru Haru is for the other Big Bang MV: Lies….I could be wrong….but i missed the pineapple in this MV…someone give me the time if I missed it…

• wait.. yeah, i’m quite sure you’re right. Lies is the one with the pinneapple and GD running and going to jail, yeah i remember.. Haru Haru is the girl with cancer… made me cry when i first saw it ^^ fell in love with the song immediately. maybe next week they’ll do Lies!! :D

16. OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOD!! YES!! I’ve been listening to this song since forever and seeing that you guys -coughMARTINAcough- did a review/video on it is so amazing!!

I LOVE YOU GUYS!! -coughMARTINAcough-

17. OK so I’ve been wondering for a few years now but can anyone tell me what TOP says to GD at 4.20 onwards? PLEASE??

Wow! In Hello, TOP looks like a baby with his hair long like that!!GOGOSTAR’s song sounds like something Yosuke Sakanoue from Japan would sing. I love him he’s so adorable. If anyone liked GOGOSTAR check out Yosuke’s songs. Super Drive and Lavender are my favourites.

• OH! And Giovanni by Yosuke too.

• He says something like “I’m sorry I lied… she really loves you a lot.”

*strokes away tear in the eye* :'< This mv is just so freaking awesome!

18. GOGOSTAR seems like they would really fit in Japan. Probably cause of their crazy costumes… xD And really? I thought BIGBANG became huge in late 2007 because of Lies… :o

19. Ear Candy is super catchy. Gogostar is weird and slightly creepy in the best of ways. Awesome playlist, can’t wait for more!

20. would love to see some Brian Joo on here… if you guys could interview him i think it would be awesome…. Simon Martina funny+Brain Joo funny= Crazy funny

21. omg I LOVE Hello!!!!!

22. Can’t wait to see what else you put on it

Ahh haru haru…I don’t have any memories of it but its a good song :)

23. LOVE YOUR LIST! It’s exactly how my list would look like! XD

I don’t know much about Red Roc (레드락) but I LOVE his voice! And what I know he has made two albums, the first one called “Hello” just as the title track and the second album “I Believe” which came out a 2010.

Some links:
    I Believe MV http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8V0XSNcMgc
    Oh Yun Hye ft. Red Roc http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWbH2Mizbwk
    Red Roc preforming with some other dudes
    Gummy ft Red Roc
    Red Roc ft Gummy

24. The guys in Haru Haru were wearing all kinds of eyeliner. The girl- not really anything. I appreciate that they aren’t saying that girls need makeup to be pretty, but it’s a bit awkward/amusing.

25. oh my god, the ear candy song was used on the we got married episode that was the part 2 of the fighting junior group date!! one of the girls danced to it! i knew i’d heard it before O_O

and omg TOP!!! *FLAILS* ANGRY SMASHING SHIT TOP! *FLAILS MORE* (but wait… so he was made at her for cheating, but were those pictures of him cheating on her? or wtf happened in the end? ehh?)

I’ll definitely have to check out gogostar live when i’m in seoul for the next 6 months! yay hongdae indie clubs!

as far as MVs that should be featured… um… Jibe Kajima! (still bitter about that one lol), for indie, I love Walrus’s Seoul Witch (Kim Jaewook!)…I thought Fat Cat’s song Is Being Pretty Everything? had a really cool MV and I doubt it’s going to get to music monday, so that too.

26. omg, i love “hello”. i watched it a while ago and became an instant red roc fan. he also has other songs, such as “lonely” and “butterfly” (a favorite!), that people have uploaded onto youtube. you might be able to find his mini-album online somewhere but any other info is also beyond me. xD has eatyourkimchi heard “my friend’s girlfriend” by nom nom nom (guy guy guy) yet? another worthy hip hop/r&b song. (sorry martina! i swear it’s good though.)

27. definitely going to listen to red roc from now on XD
    but that gogostar…..not my cup of tea.

28. i love the gogostar,,!!!sounds like some of the jpop i listen too..but love the sound

29. the subber for the ear candy video subbed wo ai ni as i need you- i don’t know if this is korean, but since right after they say te quiero, which is i love you in spanish, than i’m gonna have to point out, that wo ai ni is i love you…in mandarin chinese. um, don’t meen to be rude and/or insulting, but…fail.

30. Big Bang’s Oh Ma Baby is still first on my list. ^.^

31. LJ

I’m surprised people wouldn’t know Haru Haru.  Big Bang blew up with Lies…but I guess  have listened to kpop for too long that I remember when JYP DIDN’T whisper his name in songs XD e.g. g.o.d.’s Lies and Rain’s How to Avoid the Sun.

Great playlist!! <3 Baek Ji Young

32. My recomendation to you is EE(Total Art) – High Color …. which can be found HERE http://youtu.be/bLwaZcrf8Gg

33. Oh my goodness ! GOGOSTAR is awesome ! And of course Haru haru… what can I say? Perfect? : D

34. Oh, good old days…Haru Haru made me a fan of Big Bang and Red Roc’s Hello made me love TOP even more.