2PM “Come Back When You Hear This Song” – Kpop Music Mondays

May 14, 2013

Comments

JEEZ THIS NAME IS TOO LONG FOR THE TITLE BAR ABOVE. Look how it doesn’t fit! I’m not a fan of long song names, but that’s just about my only real complaint, and it’s not really a complaint either. If you haven’t seen 2PM’s awkwardly longly titled “Come Back When You Hear This Song” check it out here!

Yeah! It’s an ok song. It’s not amazing. It’s just politely tame and pleasant. Not jarring. Not bizarre. Pretty sounding, but not a blow-you-away kind of song, you know? It’s not something we’ll be dancing to in the mornings when we’re getting ready for the day, like we do with other Kpop songs. It’s just…nice!

We brainstormed over what we could have our 30 second showdown disagreement over, but we agree with each other about this song through and through. 2PM are dressed really well. They look like men; forget a boyish image. They’re great dancers, but the broadway-musical aspect of the dance sometimes makes us uncomfortable, but it’s not terrible. And the Seven Deadly Sins weren’t really like the Seven Deadly Sins at all. They were really vaguely related. I’m sure some people might be like “oh it does make sense! Having sex with someone is lust!” No it isn’t. Being overly horny is lustful. When we saw that scene, it really just looked like two people lovingly looking at each other and about to get it on. And ripping off a necklace is pride? I don’t get it.

OH WAIT! We did have one complaint we didn’t talk about in this video – HOLY FRACK WAS THAT ENDING EVER CHEESY. Walking away from fireworks in slow motion? How in the bubbletoads is that relevant? How is that not excessively 80’s cheesy? The rest of the video was cool and interesting, and we were digging it, but we legitimately bust out laughing at slow motion walking away from stuff. It’s just lazy! Did JYPE not see this video?

Yeah man. That was lame.

Otherwise, since we’re so happy to finally see 2PM back in Korea, we want to give away one of their new CDs. Woot! We would have it with us today but it’s sold out, but it’s coming in tomorrow. HUZZAH! Want to win one? Let us know in the comments how many JYP Diamond Tears headphones were in our video. OOH THAT MEANS YOU GOTTA WATCH THE VIDEO AGAIN! Good luck finding them. A lot of them are really hard to catch :D

OH! And you gotta be subscribed to win. Leave your YouTube username along with your answer, so we can be sure you’re subbed :D

And, lastly, we’ve got some cheesy bloopers, as always. The dance scene didn’t go as planned at first…

Comments

2PM “Come Back When You Hear This Song” – Kpop Music Mondays

1. I counted 16! At least I hope some of what I spotted was right…LOL. I watched the video more than a couple times becasue I didn’t know…LOL

2. Justified Anger! hahahahahaha!

3. I got reaaaaaly sad when I heard you don’t like Musicals Martina….Have you seen The Secret Garden, or The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee??? SO DIFFERENT THAN ANNIE…*sad sad puppy face*….

4. It will forever go down on the huge list of Nasty inside jokes :)

5. ‘Lipstick chicker butter roll’ that makes one great recipe LOL and the ‘exotic’ fangirl is awesome :) Oh, and I counted 22 headphones (I think ) my youtube username is SertjeSchat

6. 16 headphones

7. I was also looking forward to their shirtless scenes they teased in their teaser ;)

I counted 15, not sure if the ones you were holding count lol :)

YouTube: sarahserised

8. I was also looking forward to their shirtless scenes they teased in their teaser ;)

I counted 15, not sure if the ones you were holding count lol :)

9. This is what I counted:
    1. 0.10 on the CD
    2. 1.01 on the head of the little doll at the left
    3. 1.38 upper right corner after “like this song”
    4. 2.10 under the last “a” of “fangurilla”
    5. 2.48 on the table in the music video
    6. 3.26 same table as above
    7. 3.32 flying above the pool
    8. 3.35 on the piano
    9. 3.58 above the laptop screen
    10. 4.02 again on the piano
    11. 4.09 Simon holding the headphone
    12. 4.09 in the video on the top
    13. 4.09 in the video on the bottom
    14. 4.12 on the piano (third time!)
    15. 4.17 quite big :)
    16. 4.20 on Simon’s head
    17. 4.31 the big one
    18. 4.35 above the “a” of “dance”
    19. 5.32 next to the 5
    20. 5.16 under “VS”
    21.6.39 on the left fist of Simon, so on the right side :)
    22. 7.11 Right there!
    23.7.28 in the blooper video

Should the bloopers be included? Naah, probably not :)

10. I saw 11 awkwardly placed headphones. This MM was really interesting (especially FANGURILLA) but what amazed me even more was this smart smart way to get your you tube views up. :)

Chance of winning the CD is really small but I will hold one hope. :) My youtube username is Victoria J. Rain ^^

11. I really like this song, but I really hope they make a kmm next week with BILASAs song and video instead of two kmm with the same band

12. Martina doesn’t like musicals? WHAT?!!?!?!?!? Idk why, but that’s really surprising XD You seemed like that kind of person who would really like Broadway style dance :3 ANYWAY!! I wasn’t blown away by this song either, but I thought it was really good; top notch production from JYP :D It was a typical dance ballad, but it was done well (because this is top 40 pop music; no one is looking for creativity XD). And I really REALLY like the dance in this song, the cheesy Broadway style stuff and the cool looking stuff ^^ Overall, this is a really good comeback. Btw, you guys really should listen to the rest of the album; it has a jazzy and RnBish feel to it that really does go with the album title (which I lawl’d at when I first heard it XD).

Also, I pick 2PM for this week’s showdown; SuJu looks good too, but they don’t look as mature as 2PM do (which is interesting since Super Junior debuted before 2PM :3)

13. Well I’m not sure about the number of headphones but I saw 10 :)
    Youtube: SweetPoisonTwins

14. Q2 by any chance BigBang Monster? I mean, I just saw the ‘For the Roll’ part :-/ Oh well, I failed haha and why is GD in his Fantastic Baby Beetle Juice get up wearing Spudgy slippers?

Anyways, I only counted 11 JYP headphones which where awkwardly placed throughout the entire video -NOT including the ‘JYP unapaid for advertising’ and the actual headphones being held in simons hand and being wore by simon.

Yup, still, youtube user name ; abtc16

I couldn’t help it with the pictures too … LoL, i couldn’t clearly see a pic of Seungri in the back tough haha ♥you guys♥

15. TK

first,that blackboard was sooo ditracting
    second… I am not sure if you are aware of this, but the unofficial exo’s fandom name is exotics… so yeah PMSL

16. Nope :3

17. 20 JYP Diamond Tears Headphones .. * whispering *

username : Zara Pamela Abrasaldo

18. 12!!! I THINK! I totally watched this at least four times, and once with my sister helping me count. Is this how much work you put into examining k-pop videos? DANG GUYS! I didn’t even see the headphones until you mentioned you slipped them into the video… You could be brainwashing me for all I know.. Anyways~ 18 including every time you held them up, showed them in a separate screen (twice with the whispering), and the blooper video clip at the end. And all of this not including when it was in the 2pm video originally. Oi! My head hurts. Haha. :D

Youtube: wynnre

Aaaaannnnd. I actually did like this song. I don’t normally pay attention to 2pm, but the song is… pleasing to the ears? The dancing did make me feel uncomfortable, too. The weird, grabby-ness. But I also agree that the feet thing (wow, I feel my vocabulary slipping!) was cool. That’s my two cents!

19. Am I the only one who thinks that KMMs are getting funnier and funnier? XD choosing the MV you want to review was a good decision.

• You are not the only one. XD I’m not sure if it’s _entirely_ due to them picking the MV to review though. Before the last 2 KMMs, there was a decided lack of skits lately. Only one skit usually per KMM and most of them with only Martina (One Shot? It’s Over?)…now Martina is hilarious, but it was more a case of lacking in quantity rather than in quality, IMO. I am really enjoying all the skits – So. Much. Win. I think it’s a good choice to go with only some skits with them interacting so that it’s not all the same. The 30 sec. debate could also be a battle if they agree too much to make good arguments – so many battle styles, so little time – LOL!

I do have to watch Prof Trolleo’s (sp?) skit several times though because I am too distracted by the blackboard and his waving the back-scratcher handle around to actually pay attention to what Simon is saying until, like, the third time around. I did like the dancing skit a lot but for some reason, that 2PM dance looked more like they were milking cows to me (different type of breasts?). Woulda been a funny N4-2PM tie in – LOL!

If Simon and Martina would feel awkward about putting their own faces on t-shirts, why don’t they have a contest to make caricatures of their characters and put those on t-shirts? They don’t all have to be the same art style. I’m sure a CD will do for a prize, the NSC (Nasty Street Cred) is more than prize enough ;)

I vote for SJ – SPY as the better dressed – Look at Shin Dong – finally cool for the whole video and not always cut out of the shot!

• I think what we were doing was talking too much and not breaking things up. It was so much of our opinions and thoughts, rather than us just having fun, and us having fun naturally means more skits, I think :D

• I find myself laughing out loud so hysterically as I watch KMMs in the most awkward of times. Like, seriously, watching it in the middle of a study hall period as my students work quietly and I laugh so much that I snort. I don’t care cuz it makes me exotic…LMAO!

20. 22 headphones!

21. I would have voted for Dalshabet but I didn’t know where to vote ;_;

22. 1. Key
    2. TOP
    3. ……………..Junsu? Jaejoong?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAH FANGURILLA!!!!!!!!!!
    oh man, she’s kinda creepy at the end though! it’s like she’s staring into my soul!!

23. What??? You don’t like musicals??? That is a real siiiin!! (just kidding xDD)

I love them. A lot of my favourite movies are musicals, actually. Maybe that’s why I liked this song (I think there are better songs in the album though xD) and also loved Why so serious?! :D

I counted 17 headphones in total, by the way (username: Drixu).

24. I kept seeing the headphones and then I had to go read the blog post before finishing the video to see why the heck there was random headphones popping up xD

25. OMG! That headband that Simon is wearing….I SENT THEM THAT! (: Ahhhh!!!

26. I counted 11 awkward placements. My youtube username is 1MsNicole. :D

27. omfg hahahahahahahahahhaa

28. 11 pictures of the JYP headphones, I left a comment on youtube too talking about this song and your video.
    Also fun fact! After forcing my mum and step-dad to listen to K-Pop this weekend this song was actually their favorite. :)
    Youtube username: s4ml3j3

29. I have to know what song the recipe on the blackboard is…
    Tell me please…>.<
    I have my chicken chest and lipstick and everything,but I can't get the answer D:

30. ohhhhh i post on youtube thinking it was the music video headphone but it was your video :/ oh noooooo i have to watch it againg that means i have to laugh out loud again :D

31. YESSSS SIMONEEE!!! Fangurilla is just her stage name!

32. I counted that the little popup placements of them appeared 10 times. This is not including the times it popped up in the music video clips or the actual product placements that were talked about.

If you count this, I counted 4 in the mv clips, 2 more for the product placement segment, and 1 more time where simon was wearing them at the end. So that would be a total of 17 times.

My youtube user name is chels917.

33. 2PM “COME BACK WHEN YOU HEAR THIS SONG” – KPOP i have the the head phone nummber i think xD there are 10 cartoon head phones !! i think XDDD

greetzz lisa XDD

34. I think there were 9 of them …

35. You guys, this MM is so great. It’s the best one I’ve seen in so long. It’s really fast paced & interesting — you have such a great balance of inside jokes and new things going on. Augh. I love it. Thanks so much!

36. i count like 17 including the ones that simon use and the one that they spot in 2pm videos… but if i exclude that and count only the stickers.. i think i saw like 11 diamond tears .. my user name in youtube is Akiyuki.. ok seriously my head hurts…

37. there are 11

youtube username: Jovana Dotlic

38. SIX!! -kpopisawesome123
    yeah, I know.. My name is cheesy. XD

39. i want fangirl program in every boy groups’ music monday seriously it was so much fun

40. HI :D

I counted 8 awkward placements that you guys incorporated.

but if you meant how many time you see the headphones including from the music video then 9 more, for a total of 17.

Thank You!