4Minute – Heart to Heart: Kpop Music Mondays

April 4, 2011

Comments

This week we review 4Minute’s “Heart to Heart” for Kpop Music Monday and deal with quite possibly the stupidest boyfriend ever.

No, we don’t mean the guy from C.N. Blue. He’s not the idiot. He just plays one in this video. First off, WHO COULD EVER CHEAT ON 4MINUTE?! Ha! There’s Simon’s fanboying moment. Seriously though, we like the Amelie idea that they’re going for, but so many things are just wrong with how it was executed:

1) Couldn’t he feel the sandwich was rock hard before he picked it up? Where did those sandwiches even come from to begin with? How many people have perfectly made sandwiches lying around the house? Is this how rich people live?
2) Why would he shave in the middle of the afternoon for no reason? He’s clearly got no facial hair on him at all. And shaving at some random time fully clothed? I don’t know how other guys shave, but it’s usually before or after a shower, not after a failed snack attempt.

4Minute Heart to Heart Shave

Umm, did they just put Whipping Cream into his can of...WHIPPING CREAM?

3) Maybe this was just a weird continuity error, but why does the guy’s can of Shaving Foam say “Whipping Cream” on it? We were a bit confused by this. Looking at it later on, though, you see that both cans say “Shaving Foam” on them instead. Could be just a boo boo. But how do you put cream into a shaving foam can? Ever use one of those? There’s not like an easy thing to unscrew so you can just dump in some other stuff. But…we digress.
4) Doesn’t he notice the girls across the street from him when he’s looking under the hood of his car? They’re like…RIGHT THERE! If my car malfunctioned, and I saw a bunch of girls giggling at me across the street, especially with one of them HOLDING A TIRE IRON, I’d be a bit more suspicious. I’d like to know what they did to his engine with a tire iron, though…beat the hell out of it?
5) No more comment on him sitting on a box covered in fabric. Wouldn’t he notice that there’s something different in his room? We…we don’t know.
6) Who passes out into a vegetative state from seeing a spider drop down in front of them? I mean, that guy is pretty, sure – but his survival skills are horrendous. Whatever happened to throwing shoes at spiders? That’s how you handle them!

4minute Heart to Heart Photoshopped

Damning evidence that Simon is a gangsta who stoleded the Mona Lisa

7) If a sexy police officer lady walked up to you in a uniform clearly bought from a naughty Halloween shop, and she showed you handcuffs, wouldn’t you think that this is a bachelor party for someone, NOT that she’s a real police officer, and that this was not really something to worry about. Come on! And she’s arresting him for bad photoshopping? Since when is that a crime? If it is enough evidence to get you arrested, you should know that we’re risking jail time here by posting Simon with money and guns and stolen art. If you don’t hear from us in a while, we’ll put up a video of where you can help us cover the bail money. Also, what exactly is he doing in the picture? Climbing a building? We…we’re confused.

But that didn’t stop us from laughing more than we’ve laughed at a video in a long time. We could have just been laughing for the wrong reasons: the guy from CN Blue was a complete toolbag, and his girlfriend is better off leaving him.

Also, we are a bit disappointed with the song. It’s a good song, don’t get us wrong, but it’s not like their other stuff, not the comeback we’ve been waiting for. We mention in the video how “I My Me Mine” was Simon’s favorite kpop song of 2010. It was intense. It had so much energy and just blew us away. “Heart to Heart,” though, just doesn’t seem befitting 4Minute. Maybe it would be better for Sistar? Who knows. We just hope we can hear more bombastic shazaaming songs from 4Minute in the future.

Anyhow, that’s it for now. WHY OH WHY DIDN’T YOU REQUEST “ITAEWON FREEDOM”?!?! That’s the best video we’ve seen all year. It’s not very Kpop-ish, sure, and it’s not really big in Korea now compared to the other big songs…but it’s got the best video we’ve ever seen. TVXQ’s “Before You Go” wasn’t even half as good as this one! Ahh! It probably won’t get voted in, though. Also, JB and Annie from [닉쑤] Enjoy Your Happy Life~* are awesome for so diligently translating all of our videos into Korean. Huzzah!

Also, 4Minute’s new album isn’t out yet, but you can Pre-order the album here. And finally, we’ve received lots of questions and comments about Simon’s T-Shirts (because, let’s face it, they’re awesome). And so we’ll be linking them here. You can find Simon’s shirts over at Threadless.com, or you can get the specific shirt by clicking on ET below :D

Simon's T-Shirt

Comments

4Minute – Heart to Heart: Kpop Music Mondays

1. Martina so cute when she does the dance!

2. son famosisimas

3. FIRE MURDER.

4. I have to vote for the FIRE MURDER just so I can hear it be said in a video one more time.

5. My vote goes to 2NE1's FIRE MURDER!! =))

6. Well since in 2NE1's video he really wasn't a cheater and they both died… I'll have to go with 4minute. I still love 2NE1 more. =D

7. My vote goes to 2NE1 Fire murder..!!

8. 2NE1's FIRE MURDER!!

9. 2NE1! The revenge was better. 4minute was quite alright but the pranks was kinda silly. Seriously. While in 2NE1. Showing off the your better without him was a bittersweet revenge.

10. iva

4MINute's heart to heart, bc its not fun when he die and donlt know who killed him or y he died :P lolz let him be scared kakakaka

11. I hope you guys get Rania's Dr Feelgood requested for next week…. I've been voting for Girl's Day for weeks but it might be more fun seeing Simon do their dance LOL.

12. 2NE1 blowing someone up in an epic high speed car crash is way more awesome and reserved for revenge. 2NE1 FTW!!!! <3!
    4minute's pranks are just that with the exception of putting glue as a sub for tooth paste Id do those things to my friends. Not to be mean but really, if you have a friend that would fall for the cardboard box thing, you know you would totally do that to them! :P

13. FIRE MURDER!! definately

2ne1 obviously know how to get rid of bad boyfriends.

14. Itaewon freedom next week, please?

15. Hey :) someone here is a YunJaeshipper ^^ not that im complaining XD
    hehehe i choose 2NE1,,,,i mean it was a whole lot coooooooooler….and heart to heart just wasnt my cup of tea U-Know XD

16. 2ne1, because when you truly love someone you wanna have a good revenge and no some bad jokes, besides CL truly love the guy in the vid!!

17. i vote for 2ne1…………..i'll crush you hahah (evil laugh)….

18. Lol Martina's so bad to you Simon with the sandwich lol. Love the dance part too lol. I vote for 2ne1. Gotta have some fire!

19. Hey

Hey guys! i love your music mondays, really making better my mondays haha
    but I really wanted you to review 2NE1's Go Away MV when it came out, I know You did Can't Nobody, but I just wanted to know your interpretation on the storyline, I know you say that murder was too much but that guy even hit her, i mean….omg domestic violence much?
    and i'm pretty sure she died or it was an accident, not intentional, they were both driving faster and faster and those things happen in car racing….I guess
    I would love to know your thoughts on that song and MV even if it's just on a comment here :)

20. First of all… I love this Music Monday, just like I do with every Music Monday :D Just wanted to point that out..
    oh, and I wanted to tell you my theory for the photoshop-thing… when I first saw the video, I was confused too, but the first thing I thought was that the girls did the photoshop. So climbing a building or trying to beak in or whatever that picture should show is a crime, and by photoshopping his face in, they make it seem like he commited it -> he is getting arrested for it (by a sexy, not AT ALL (no of course not…) suspicious looking police officer… oh well, we already figured he's stupid, didn't we?)
    oh, and I'm for 4Minute, just because I always thought CL was a little harsh…

21. I like fire murder more so my vote is for 2NE1 killing the boyfriend is more evil than to plays tricks on him !!

22. Martina's expression at 3:25 = priceless. Simon reading a pizza box, also priceless.