Block B – Nillili Mambo: Kpop Music Mondays

October 23, 2012

Comments

Woohoo! We’re finally back to doing Music Mondays after our trip to Mexico and California, and the first Music Monday when we’re back is…BLOCK B! If you haven’t seen the awesomeness of Nillili Mambo, check it out here:

Ok, for starters: sorry about wearing sunglasses for the video. I know it’s weird and alienating, but we had no choice. Our eyes have gotten a lot worse. The pink eye has spread to our corneas and we’re extremely light sensitive and half blind now. So, filming in front of the lights was realllllly difficult. Editing the video as well was crazy difficult. So, please forgive us if we’re not on our A game this week for editing. Also, we’re tying this blog post with our eyes closed, so forgiveness, please, if we’ve got lots of spelling errors here. We’ll be back to normal soon!

Back to the video itself, there were so many more things we wanted to do but simply couldn’t: that whole make-out scene was hilarious! For starters, they’re so clearly far apart that you could have put a beach ball between their mouths. Ha! And, more importantly, pause at the 3:02 mark and go forward frame by frame, right when Zico interrupts their fake make out session. THE GIRL IS HOWLING WITH LAUGHTER! Seriously: how demasculinating! “AYY GURL WE GON MAKE OUT NOW!” and she laughs in his face. HA! There was great potential there for another skit.

Also, maybe this isn’t skit worthy, but pause at the 2:05 mark. What is it that PO throws out of the window? It’s not a gun. It’s too small for that. It’s small and white. I have no clue what it is. My guess is it’s a leftover sandwich. Anyone got any other ideas?

Ah! This song and video was just so much fun, and we were really happy to review them. Awesome! Also, we’re really lucky that Block B’s management, Brand New Stardom, reached out to us to do an interview with Block B. Woot! We’ve been talking about it back and forth with them for a while, and OOOOH we were holding back on announcing it for so long! The timing was a bit difficult for us, since we were in California at the time that we originally wanted to do the interview, but we’re still super stoked that our schedules finally matched up!

So, we’re gonna be asking Block B a bunch of your questions, SO START ASKING! Leave your questions in the comment section below, along with your name and location, of course, and we’ll do our best to ask as many questions as possible. Make sure to thumb up any good questions if you see them, as well. Woot! This Wednesday we’ll be meeting Block B, and we’ll be posting the video as soon as possible afterwards, once we edit it all, sub it in English, and get approvable to publish it. We’re hoping it’ll be up by Sunday, fingers crossed!

Oh, and – if I were you – I’d make sure to subscribe to us on YouTube, follow us on Twitter, and Like us on Facebook. We might get some good stuff from this interview and might give it out to you awesome Nasties – you awesome subscribing, following, and liking Nasties, that is :D

Anyhow, if you like the song as much as we do (and you should, because it ROCKS!) make sure to pick it up on YesAsia and iTunes. And lastly, of course, since we’re sooooo off our game today, we have more bloopers than usual. Martina was especially off today, and was making up words that don’t even exist. Ha!

Comments

Block B – Nillili Mambo: Kpop Music Mondays

1. What inspired P.O. to write their track Romantically ? – Becky Lee USA

2. is there a chance you will do a reality show such as ”match up” again? BBC’s are very proud of you no matter what happens – Ivana, Croatia

• They are doing “Match up” again… It’s called Match up: Block B Returns, BBCs are waiting for the first episode to be subbed ;]

3. Question for Block B:

If you can perform in any city in the world, where would you like to perform and why?

-Krystal from Texas

4. This question is for Taeil, if you could become ice cream would flavor would you be? – Jay from USA

5. Who has the worst habits in the group? Nana from London

6. batman he is gone?? hahaha I see what you did there, I guess you saw ice cream by hyuna XDD

7. Any memorable/funny moments filming your latest MV? Nana from London

8. By the way…if i’m not mistaken…They dont use Brand New Stardom anymore…They use only Stardom.

9. Who is the most lazy member? -Veronica, Norway

Hope you guys come to Norway one time!♥

10. Question for Block B: Are you afraid that Simon and Martina are going to get you sick?^^ just messing with you guys But you could also/instead ask… How did it feel to step back into the recording studio for the first time and start work on Blockbuster?

Madeline(Mad-Lynn) from Louisiana, USA.

11. Could you give a shoutout to all the BBCs around the world who’ve stood by you during everything? ^^ Nana from London

12. Here’s my question: How did it feel filming the chicken scene and what was going thorough your mind at that time? Directly to Kyung:D
    Emily Xiong from Colorado in the States!!!!!!!!!!!! BRONCO NATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Owl

I’m actually kind of curious about this myself. XD My family owns pet chickens (for the eggs), so I know that people react differently to them. Some people love on them like puppies, while some people shriek like little girls and run away the moment one looks at them. It’s quite funny, really.

(Random fact: If you pick up a chicken in just the right way, they’ll run in mid-air. You can practically rev them up like wind-up cars and send them running across the yard at warp speed! I wonder if any of the members know that… Heehee)

• One of my friends I had a few years ago owned like 6 chickens.. I even took care of them when her family went on a vacation. I don’t understand how people can be afraid of them..

• well my grandma owns some chickens (sometimes 6 sometimes 10) and a few roosters. and i’ve always loved spending time petting them, feeding them, etc. BUT my lil brother is really scared of them. why? because once one of the roosters escaped and somewhy attacked my brother. so from that day on he was staying away from the chicken-run (or how it’s called) no matter what.

• Owl

Heheh. Well, some chickens are kind of cranky when people mess with them, a lot of it depends on the breed and how socialized they are.
          Ours are usually well behaved, but our rooster thinks he has to be the guard dog for all of his hens whenever someone goes into their area. XD In spite of the fact that he’s the tiniest one out of all of our chickens.

13. Thank you for the funny review! My question: Are there members with specific habits they are known for? Keep up the good work, guise! Greetings from Germany ^^

14. Who have changed the most since your debute? Carla-Norway

15. Who is who in the group? Like the father-style, mother-style etc. ^^  Holly, Frankfurt, Germany

16. Considering the fact that Zico has some artistic education, here’s my question (but it’s also for the other members):

Do you have any style of art that’s your favorite? That kind of comics do you like? – Maria from POLAND

17. If you weren’t kpop idols, what would you be doing instead besides music? -Rainah, Arizona, United States

18. If they know asianfanfics.com? (if not please explain them) and ask if they would ever visit this side and would actually read a fanfiction about their group? ^~^ Holly, Frankfurt, Germany

19. Jasson Stansell, TEXAS, USA – Due to the overwhelming fans you have in the United States, trust me, do you plan on touring here and if so how soon?

20. First of all, get well soon Simon and Martina! You guys look so tired but you still reviewed on Block B’s MV. So nice of the both of you! >:D< I'm Kars from The Philippines and this is my question for my Block B oppas, what kind of treatment they have for each other? Like who's the father- mother figure or who acts like a kid because for sure they take care of each other. I'm looking forward to your interview on them. :) By the way Martina, I like your earrings. So cute! :)

21. Block B’s NIllilli Mambo. Both MVs have flaws but Block B’s storyline is more believable and a little less cliché.

22. Do you feel after the controversy you’ve become stronger as a group? Nana from London

23. Question for Block B: have you considered a duet for P.O. with T.O.P from Bigbang? :) Their voices are like twin borthers! Timea, Hungary

24. Question to all Members: Which is your personal favorite song from the album?
    Emina from Germany :)

25. My question is for Zico, what inspires you most to write music? Where do you get your ideas to write a song? Was there anything in particular that inspired you to write “Nillili Mambo?” Are there any hidden messages in the song and/ or music video? Why Pirates? (Pirates are [email protected] @$$ but I was just wondering.) In the future, will we see more songs written by the other members as well? I hope so! ^_^ Thanks and keep up the great work! “Blockbuster” is a great complete album and you should be proud! I hope that it will bring success to you guys. I’m so thrilled to see these fellas back on the music scene~ !!! ^_^
    Kristal, USA

26. i have other question ^^ FOR ALL BLOCK B WHAT MEMBER NEEDS a blind date?- corin Peru

27. What music, currently out or from the past, do they personally like and are influenced by? -Kelly, Missouri, USA

28. From USA! Firstly, I want to say to them that many fans love and accept them and believe making one mistake doesn’t mean they are bad people. I want them to know they still have a huge fanbase and that Nililli Mambo is one of the best songs of the year. As far as questions go, I’d love to ask about their recent MV: Did P.O. have trouble dancing and running around with his eyepatch and did Zico like his dreads? I want to know if they enjoyed shooting their MV on location because the video looks like tons of fun.

29. where is the place does the boys wish to travel for a vacation the most right now? – Becky Lee, USA

30. was it my eyes or was the footage of simon overall not as crisp looking as martina’s? just wondering…….

oh boy bathroom humor is always funny in my book XD i really enjoyed this music video and i’m glad that you guys got to review it!

also in the beginning when Nillili Mambo was was written in that red font did anyone else think of mblaq’s “This Is War”?

31. Ask if Pyo have met Dara or Sulli yet x)

And something about the “Focuz, zoom zoom zoom” from Freeze:P

32. Would they like to come in France and visit Paris or others regions ?!
    Marion from… France.
    To end this comment… THANK YOU AND LOVE FROM A FRENCH BBC ! :)

33. So what happened at the end of Nillili Mambo MV? Where were the diamonds?

34. Apart from Asia, where else would you like to go or perform? Tracy, UK

35. question for Yukwon:

what do you do before a concert,when you’re emotioned?

Mary from Romania

36. what do you guys think of your new sister group EVOL? can you do their dance?
    from the U.K

37. Dear Block B: ….do you like older women?
    Also, what are you most afraid of?
    – Kim from US (Oregon…)

38. I prefer ‘Nillili Mambo’ :)
    ‘Which of the members is most likely to be a pirate/criminal or rebel in real life?’
    Diandra -Yauco, Puerto Rico

39. Dewi – Indonesia
    Did block B members have some funny experience when they make Nilili Mambo MV?

40. – Do you ever use aegyos between each other?
    – Who cooks the best in the group, and the worst?
    – Who does the most housework at the dorm?
    – Who would look the best dressed as a girl? ;)
    – Something you’re confident in outside the group?
    – Were you scared of the ‘Pirate’ concept for Nillili Mambo?
    – Have you ever thought of ‘competition’ between each others?
    – Is any of you a fan of girlsgroup? Mind to show us some cute or sexy dance steps?
    – Do you ever look through fans sites or blogs and what they said about you?
    – Do you speak any language beside Korean, English and Japanese?
    – The city you want to go to the most?
    – Who likes money the most?
    Maïssane, France.