KpopCharts Update: Hurt Sorry Woman Face

March 17, 2012

Comments

1) B1A4 – Baby I’m Sorry

BILASAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAHHHH BILASSAAAA!

*ahem* Now that I got that out of my system

B1A4 aka BILASAAAA has returned to conquer not only your heart, not only your kitties, but also your favourite t-shirt collection! OH NOES!!! We’re pleased to see that BILASA is growing as a group and stepping away from their cutey boy image. I’m sure it’s not totally gone, it will probably make a comeback in maybe their next single, but for now let’s revel in their manly (slightly) manly glory. Although, the lead singer (I think he’s the lead) is still waaaaay too cutey boy and I feel like he just can’t pull off the serious in-pain look right now. Anyways, we’re hoping BILASA will make it onto Music Monday so we can talk more in depth about the terrible English one to five girl to guy ratio.

2) 2AM – I Wonder If You Hurt Like Me

Ohhh it’s a new depressing 2AM ballad but Martina actually likes it! Miracle! It’s hard to pick out why Martina likes one ballad and not the next, but I seem to have narrowed it down to lots of changes happening in the song, like a OOOHHHHH OHH OHHH moment or lots of warbling octaves. Whatever, she likes it! Amazing! The video is actually really well done with a rather creepy ending, but not that creepy when you realize it’s kind of imaginary and symbolic. Props to Jinwoon for his WOW, FANTASTIC ACTING. Did you read that in a Big Bang voice? I bet you did! If not, read it again. WOW! Fantastic acting! He was seriously believable and I think we might have a record breaking moment of not one, but two teardrops falling.

3) Nu’est – Face

WHOA. We were so distracted by the female member of this group pretending to be a boy. Seriously, after four years of living in Korea we are used to some men looking more feminine but WHOA. We actually think this might be a Korean drama playing out in reality. See, this guy has a twin sister and after his botched eyelid surgery, his sister took his place during the promotions, but soon they’ll do a switcheroo and put the guy back into the group. Maybe it’s the full bangs or the pouty pink lips or the soft face or the other members looking very manly but GAHHHHHHH totally distracted 1:42 seconds full shot. Besides the girl in the group (ok he’s not really a girl but he’s definitely the most girly looking guy we’ve ever seen), there are also some really high notes being hit at the beginning of the song that are very impresive. It’s not a terrible song, we don’t love it, but we do like the dubstep breakdown. We just wish the whole song could have had a dubstep feel. Also, the English. Oh, the English. On it’s own each sentence is fine, but put it together to form WHHHHaaaatttt??

“This is a story about a dwarf and giant.
But it`s gonna end just like David and Goliath. Keep up with my pace, it you can,
Don’t lag wile E.coyote cuz I’m road Runner, fast!”

What the fizzlesnaps is that?

4) 2BiC – I Made Another Girl Cry

This has one of the most confusing story lines we’ve ever seen in a kpop music video. It’s like they jammed everything typical of a Korea storyline into one moment: a new couple, an older couple, lost love, new love, sick and dying girlfriend from a disease, gangsters with poles and guns, the army, the police, a house cleaning, old pictures, a crying girlfriend, a crying boyfriend, a dead boyfriend, a dead girlfriend, oh and single tears. Seriously. All in one video? Oh at least no one got hit by car in SUPER SLOOOW MOTION!!! <--if you didn't sing that as EXO please go back and do it again. Add a ripito fipito as well. Anyways, I was so distracted by this video I could barely hear the song, but truthfully, it was the kind of ballad I don't like so I think I might have blocked it out. On the plus side, the singers have really unique voices that I thought were quite beautiful. Check out this video and see if you can find anymore cliches that I missed!

Comments

Kpop Charts Update

KpopCharts Update: Hurt Sorry Woman Face

1. please can you make a video of sorry sorry on super junior m. if you do thanks a million

2. 이 사이트 좋은것 같애요 ㅎㅎ
    I like this website

3. Why the heck do they start puking up fake blood in “Made Yet Another Woman Cry”? What the heck! DISGUSTING!

4. I don’t know if anybody else noticed this when they first saw Ren in Face (don’t know if anybody else is a crazy anime fan) but he looks like the company might have ripped his ENTIRE LOOK from Sen from Kekkaishi.  Look it up, seriously, I swear they look exactly the same.  To me that’s not a bad thing, and it makes me love Ren even more, but even so….
    I personally thought the rap in Face made sense, but the other Engrish….hmmm…
    And this was the first time I have heard B1A4’s Baby I’m Sorry, because I didn’t know if I wanted to see their big grown up change, but I totally loved it!  I hope Bilasa wins, but it looks like EXO will prevail.

5. Bilasa had a really good song, I like the sound of the music and the chorus is all tough sounding. But I have no clue what the dance party time has to do with anything…And I tried to really listen to the English in it. At first I thought they were saying, “Baby I’m sorry we got the bad end” which is fine by me. But then it started to not sound like that to me. What do they say? At least the boys look good! haha

I love 2am! And I love Jinwoon! In terms of his acting, his presence is what keeps me watching Dream High 2 (I’m not really feeling the storyline. And that get hit by a car thing? For real? Total cheese.). I like the video a lot as well, especially when they disintegrate into bits of paper. It looks really cool.

I really liked the song by Nu’est. Judging from the video, the fight like choreography and some of the lines of English I caught (I heard ‘friendship’ ‘whats up loser’ and the part at the end says something like ‘this is a story about a boy blahblahblah but its gonna end blahblahblah’..i think the blahs are in Korean..) I get this feeling that this song relates to bullying. No idea if that is true or not.
    As for the girly member, I had a hard time believing he was a he. I think its the hair. But the one with the spiky pink glove was very good looking (although I don’t think I care for his rapping style)

2BiC’s song was good as well. The video I could follow the storyline, but I don’t get what it had to do with anything really. Why combine those past and future timelines? Each seemed like they belonged to two different videos. And actually, the more interesting thing to me about this was the little band symbol thing. Its two babies with umbilical cords attached to a set of headphones…its just a bit weird.

Anyways, I love the kpop charts, they’ve introduced me to many songs that I’d never hear if you only did Music Mondays. Thanks for adding this segment!

6. PLEASE design and sell BILASAraptor t-shirts?!  i would buy one.  in pink.  but it has to be epic to balance the pink.  oh and i’d get one in black, too.

7. HOLLY ….. i thought it was a co-ed group!!!

8. BILASA!!! Hey, I voted so I am a faithful Bilasa-raptor! ><
    I hope you guys crown them with the WTF award for engrish! I'm so excited!!! XD

9. I just realized Jo Kwon has pretty big ears in my opinion

10. New found fave- Nu’est, similar vibes with Infinite and B.A.P then. Totally indescribable, you know one when you see one.

11. HAHAHHA This article is hilarious. “Props to Jinwoon for his WOW, FANTASTIC ACTING. Did you read that in a Big Bang voice? I bet you did! If not, read it again. WOW! Fantastic acting!” YES I did read it in that voice

And I love the english in Face. EPIC.

12. Wow. He (are you SURE ???) really looks like a girl. Make-up and pink cute clothe don’t help. I like the song though.

13. NU’EST is pretty amazing for a rookie group and by far a stand out debut. An original song about standing up for oneself and the rap makes sense with what the song means. Most raps are metaphors and not complete sentences.
    Love them!