FT Island – Hello Hello: Kpop Music Mondays

June 7, 2011

Comments

Well this is something we’re totally not used to: this is Kpop, sure, but not the regular kind of Kpop we usually do. This involves people playing instruments, real instruments, and not fakely mashing them in an attempt to look as if they know what they’re doing, Bilasa style. FT Island’s “Hello Hello” is a rock song, played by a rock band, and almost has a trot-like feel to it. TVXQ’s “Keep Your Head Down” is probably the closest song we reviewed to a rock song, because of the guitar, but it was still a pop song through and through. This song, though, israther unorthodox for a Kpop song, and it’s a really welcome change from what we’re used to hearing.

We like the song. Yes, we like the song. But we did poke fun at the video. Doesn’t it always work out that way, anyways? We only review songs if we like them. Videos, though, don’t go through the same rigorous filtration process. This video wasn’t terrible, mind you. Just confusing. We even tried Googling people’s responses to the video in hopes of finding an answer that might be a decent explanation of what happened, and found nada. The best we could find was that it was filmed in Paju. Cool! There you’ll read the story behind the foreigners cast for the video.

And so, since we couldn’t find any decent answers to explain the video, we had to come up with our own: our guess is that he foresees the fire happening, and foresees himself running into the building as well and saving everybody. But that’s just an explanation for the overarching video plot. An explanation for whatever the hell is happening in that building is beyond us:

FT Island Hello Hello Macro

Not at all weird...

There are too many questions to ask here. Really guys…wtf? If you have answers to these questions, any one of them, please do share. We tried guessing and just gave up.

Anyhow, if you’re a fan of F.T. Island as Martina clearly is, we’d recommend getting their new album, which ships internationally. Huzzah!

FTIsland Mini Album Vol. 3 - Return

Comments

FT Island – Hello Hello: Kpop Music Mondays

1. Hmmmm… I think I’d rather have CN Blue invade my home.

2. Hmmmm… I think I’d rather have CN Blue invade my home.

3. Simon! you have a t-shirt that looks similar to Japanese flag.! how could you!!! :(   LOL
    LOVE YOU GUYS!

4. CN BLUE can invade my house any day ^^

5. FT island.

6. FT island.

7. i don’t care if it’s depressing, sad, or even on fire it’s FT ISLAND!!<33 having them in my house is worth dieing for xD my vote is Foto Island all the way<333

8. Haha Max time light holes! I like both groups, they are both talented and handsome! However, if I had to choose one group to invade my house, it would have to be FT Island because just like CN Blue they could serenade to me, but instead of just acting cute, they know how to escape a burning building if there was a fire.

9. F.T Island ^^

10. CNBlue because their hiding abilities are incredible HAHAHAHAHA

11. Martina, I remember your FTI ringtone in one of your videos! I knew that you would like make this! :D
    Aww HongKi and Jaejin’s english….5 out of 5!!
    And of course, whenever,  wherever and whatever always with FT ISland! I want to be a firemen that hugs them! :D
    PS. Lol Jaejin started the fire haha :D

12. FT ISLAND ALL THE MY FRIENDS

13. One thing I noticed when I watched the video– which I loved, by the way, it’s a very unique style of kpop– at the very end, right when he’s seeing that his “vision” *is* real and there actually is a fire, there’s a little mechanical voice that says “Stand clear. Beginning to shock.” That’s a defibrilator! Who’re they reviving??

14. Oh, btw, I’m voting for FT Island. Sorry CNBlue. I like their music, but Yongwha goes INCREDIBLY on my nerves. I’d love to punch him, tbh. BUT ANYWAYS. FT Island, FTW. (And for any CN Blue fans reading this, nope, I’m not a Primadonna, so don’t you dare start a fanwar over this.)

15. For the showdown… It’s like asking to choose between “Kang Shin Woo” and “Jeremy” in You’re Beautiful.. Ok, maybe not, haha. Because Hongki and “Jeremy” are totally different and I can barely see any “Jeremy” in him now. So my vote goes to CNBlue, because they’re all so tall and handsome.

16. Hey you gaize if you pay attention HongKi never even exits the building at the end. During the walkout scene you can see there are only 4 people so …. wtf is HongKi dun dun dunnnnnnnnnnnn

17. For the showdown… It’s like asking to choose between “Kang Shin Woo” and “Jeremy” in You’re Beautiful… Ah well, because Hongki and Jeremy are like sun and moon, I will choose CNBlue, because they are tall.

18. OMG FT ISLAND!!!! This is like the perfect timing to do ft island for music monday since today is their 4th year anniversary! (i know the video was uploaded a day early but still…it counts) and FT Island totally gets my vote haha :D

19. WELL. I would personally say that there was no fire in the first place. It’s not a rare thing that firemen are called when people happen to see smoke coming out of a building and mistake it as a fire when in reality it could just be a smoke machine used for a child’s birthday party.
    Wtf is a Max Time hole? xD
    The flashlights I would say are from the firetrucks and if there were any, police cars as well.
    About the bulding being able to hold such a large stage for FT Island is because it HAD been made hollow. If you look closely, you can see the various windows that are lined up neatly, just like you can see them from outside at the very beginning of the MV.
    Why he didn drag them out right away, you ask? Well, DUH. The smoke he inhaled while walking through the hallway cured his brain. Didn’t you see his irritated look when he found his band members? He wouldn’t have run inside the burning building if he didn’t assume his friends being in danger. That irritated look when he finally found them .. yeah, cured brain. That’s why he forgot why he entered the building in the first place.
    As to why Jaejin is sitting so nonchalantly on top of the firetruck.. well. Erm. Uh.. I DA NAAAAAAAAAA~~~~~~

20. FT Island

21. FT Islandddddd wootttt.
    ps. i like bacon xD

22. To be honest, I have no answer for all of your questions.. yet. Because I didn’t watch the MV, but I will now.

23. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA simon’s laugh reminds me of Key’s laugh in SHINee’s “rich man poor man” story.

24. max exploded the building…must be why the holes are there. xD FT ISLANDDDD XD

25. max exploded the building…must be why the holes are there. xD FT ISLANDDDD XD

26. FTISLAND xoxoxoxo

27. FTISLAND xoxoxoxo

28. I LUV FT ISLANDDDD

29. I LUV FT ISLANDDDD

30. ♥♥FT ISLAND♥♥

31. FOTO ISLAND LAWLS. FT ISLANDDDD <3

32. ♥♥FT ISLAND♥♥

33. ♥♥FT ISLAND♥♥ ♥♥FT ISLAND♥♥ ♥♥FT ISLAND♥♥ ♥♥FT ISLAND♥♥ ♥♥FT ISLAND♥♥ ♥♥FT ISLAND♥♥ ♥♥FT ISLAND♥♥ ♥♥FT ISLAND♥♥ ♥♥FT ISLAND♥♥ ♥♥FT ISLAND♥♥ ♥♥FT ISLAND♥♥ ♥♥FT ISLAND♥♥ ♥♥FT ISLAND♥♥ ♥♥FT ISLAND♥♥ ♥♥FT ISLAND♥♥ ♥♥FT ISLAND♥♥ ♥♥FT ISLAND♥♥ ♥♥FT ISLAND♥♥ ♥♥FT ISLAND♥♥ ♥♥FT ISLAND♥♥ ♥♥FT ISLAND♥♥ ♥♥FT ISLAND♥♥ ♥♥FT ISLAND♥♥ ♥♥FT ISLAND♥♥ ♥♥FT ISLAND♥♥ ♥♥FT ISLAND♥♥ ♥♥FT ISLAND♥♥ ♥♥FT ISLAND♥♥ ♥♥FT ISLAND♥♥ ♥♥FT ISLAND♥♥ ♥♥FT ISLAND♥♥ ♥♥FT ISLAND♥♥ ♥♥FT ISLAND♥♥ ♥♥FT ISLAND♥♥ ♥♥FT ISLAND♥♥

34. I vote for FoTo Island!
    Just because it’s much more fun to say ;))

35. I disagree with the 5 stars. I’d give them 4 stars because “goodbye goodbye” is being pronounced as “kupai kupai.”

36. I am so like you. “WHERE IS THE FIRE?” “How come the smoke go out by going DOWN fist and weirdly o_o?!” “Okay people, they are safe, but there is still fire in the building O_O!”
    “Hongki faint? If I faint I would be dying on the floor not just beautifully sleeping on the wall”. He is going crazy? Do he know them? But actually he is just some neighboor(?) who passe next to that strange building o_O? For me this video is too weird.

37. FT ISLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

38. <3 CN BLUE!!!!! xD

39. cn blue! :)

40. FT island! hey there hunky…