Kpop Music Monday – Infinite “Last Romeo”

June 3, 2014

Comments

Hi guise! And welcome to the new comment system on Eatyourkimchi! We hope you like it. Let us know what you think in our new comments below! But first, we’re gonna talk a bit more about Infinite’s “Last Romeo” for this week’s Kpop Music Monday! Check out the video if you haven’t seen it yet:

Ok, so we adapted a symbolic approach to watching this video, and we saw it all as representing trapped gas. Because that’s how we roll. Because, otherwise, we would have been too frustrated with this video. The whole reaching through the bookshelves scene made us scream in frustration. WALK AROUND THE DAMN SHELF! The girl does it a few seconds later! Don’t just fall to the ground and cry like a…nevermind. Or push the shelf over! Hot damn what’s wrong with you boi?!

And then, at the end of the video, when he’s in the room and the earthquake hits, instead of him hiding under a desk, he gets a really bad headache and starts yelling. Books explode into the room. He still yells. Books explode very slowly. He yells very slowly. Yells until the world dissolves and he’s just goddamned floating on a steam cloud and flailing around. He dies, still floating on the cloud. What the hell is this crap? Must be farts. That’s the only answer I’ll accept.

Sad thing we cut out from this video because of a fake fire: we had something along the lines of “Why did Infinite get such a low budget movie? Weren’t they just bought out by SM? Oh…wait.” Ha! No KMM is complete without a jab at SM :D

And another thing: please, more lip rubbing. The 10 seconds spent on rubbing your lip while singing wasn’t ridiculous enough. Your hand should be pulling on your lip for the entirety of the video. More lip rub = more successful video. Ok snark aside, whoa, that was pretty ridiculous.

For this week’s poll, let us know what blue moody clocky video you preferred:

[gravityform id=”37″ name=”KMM 19 – Clock Tower” title=”false” description=”false” ajax=”true”]

So yeah! That’s it for this week’s Kpop Music Monday. We’ve got a few bloopers, but not as many as we would normally, because we couldn’t film the skits we had planned. Check em out if you’d like to see us be a bit more silly:

And, lastly, don’t forget to click on this button below to subscribe for more Music Mondays. We’re actually filming a special Kpop Music Monday tomorrow with some people. It’ll be very different than what we’re used to. Hope you like it! But you can only see it by clicking right here:

Comments

Kpop Music Monday – Infinite “Last Romeo”

1. serioulsy, Martina… can you just stop making my stomach ache by laughing? WHO WRITES THESE OUT TO YOU GUYS?

2. lol!!!! spudgy! <3 that made me laugh so hard XD

3. I feel really bad for the other members noses. :(

4. Jem! Jem is excitement oh
    Jem! Jem is adventure oh
    Glamour and glitter
    Fashion and fame

Jem (J
    Jem (Jem is excitement) oh
    Jem (Jem is adventure) oh
    Glamour and glitter
    Fashion
    Jem is truly outrageous
    (Truly, truly, truly outrageous)
    Oh whoa Jem (Jem)
    The music contagious (outrageous)
    Jem is my name
    No one else is the same
    Jem!

Flashback here (and ironically, yes, it was After School – whoa, spooky)…

Soon you will be doing Mysterious Cities of Gold. Anyone??? I seem to alway be the only one who remembers this…

5. The Last Romeo isn’t Infinite’s A grade material, but Shower (last song in the album) Is absolutely AMAZING! I have no idea why it isn’t the title track for this album (though maybe it has something to do with lyrics) but it’s been stuck in repeat both in my head and on my ipod since the album came out. Seriously, its really worth listening to!

6. This is not K-Pop related, but could the EYK crew make a dance cover of Pharrell Williams’ “Happy”? PLEAAASEEE!

7. I have a wish for coming KMM. Can you give some tips on good korean rock music? When I am feeling down, a K-pop song à la Super Junior or U-Kiss just won’t do. Then I need more like B.A.P.s Warrior or One Shot.Are there any good rock groups in Korea? Can you even start to compare them to western rock bands? Thanks and keep on the good work guys! You are amazing! :D

• Have you tried CNBLUE or FTIsland…there pop-rock-ish but they have some good ‘crying’ songs

• Watched some of CNBlue’s and FTIsland’s music videos, but they are too tame for me. Or perhaps I am looking at the wrong ones?

8. I always think of arashi’s monster when I see UKiss Tick tack! It really has damn same clock!

9. OMG this video was hilarious! I don’t really like the MV either, but the song is okay. It’s not my favorite INFINITE song. Now I just need to listen to the rest of he songs on the album :)

10. Oh gosh I was eating some kimbap and almost choked laughing when Simon was explaining the mv with fart jokes haha

11. T-T wants the meemers shirt. also, epic fart joke, I applaud you, and also, I’m very curious now what you think of VIXX’s new song. I like it but I don’t love it. I prefer the other 2 songs on their album actually. Still, it’s a good song, with a clock! and some nice dance moves. Chaos will always be my fav VIXX song though.

12. Hahaha my goodness that was the best Romeo story ever! Holy fartsizzles! Haha and I loved the Taken quote from spudgy.. So good! Keep up the great work guys! I’ve been missing your kpop music Mondays when you just take the Mickey out of silly things in the video and it doesn’t mean you hate the group.

13. Okay, so Last Romeo was a bit… Well, uh… Disjointed? Either way, nice job with this video! CLACKER BLACKER! But I honestly was hoping Vixx was going to be next… Can they be next? ETERNITY!!

14. Some super fab fartjokes you guys

15. XD I’m sorry I can’t get passed the blooper video I almost fell off my chair laughing. But besides that I’m not sure how I like Infinite’s Last Romeo it kind of was all over the place to me. Not a fan of the crotch grabbing, I mean come on guys do that in public here and its just disgusting to me. I don’t like it at all it just seems degrading themselves but I don’t know anything so yeah. But besides that I’m not really into the whole Romeo and Juliette romance thing it just is to sad of a romantic tragedy to me.

16. Newbie here. On quite shallow level, i love the black lace jackets. The guys look and sing very fine. Overall, dramatic, distracting, silly. Least favorite is syncronized crotch grabs. Who really likes that?
    I guess i better look up past stuff. Thanks for bringing them forward.

17. I really like the new comment section! One question – will you still keep “Next Post” and “Previous Post” buttons on the blog posts?