JYJ – In Heaven: Kpop Music Mondays

September 19, 2011

Comments

JYJ is back! Woot! This song, though, is completely different than what we’re used to from JYJ. Our first experience with them was a really long time ago, when we reviewed “Ayy Girl“. That was, perhaps, one of our favourite reviews ever, with Junsu’s sexy man apron, eagle punching, Kanye’s “WHAT’S YO FRIEND’S ATTITUDE WHY SHE SO DAMN RUDE HAAA,” and – most importantly – JYJ Rolling down their sexy windows.

The video was epic. The song was epic. Our review was – in our hearts – epic. We loved JYJ from then on for giving us so much material to work with. They held a special place in our hearts since that review, and will do so forevermore.

And so, we were a bit worried when their new video came out. How could it possibly live up to our expectations? How could anything live up to Ayy Girl? “In Heaven” came out, and though it’s a really pretty song with a really good video to go with it, we’re still a little saddened. No aprons. No windows. No bananas. No Kanye. AYO SIMON I’MA LET YOU FINISH BUT AYYY GIRL WAS THE GREATEST VIDEO OF ALL TIME.

Roll Down Your Sexy Windows
Look at this gif and tell me you didn’t think about window rolling! Tell me!

What we’re feeling for this video, I guess, is similar to what we felt with Super Junior’s “Mr Simple.” Both are great songs and videos in their own respect. They don’t live up to the awesomeness of their older videos, and that’s unfortunately getting in the way of us liking it as much – though we’d definitely like the songs and videos if we could possibly tear ourselves from their context. “In Heaven” after all is a really nice song. It’s a ballad, which automatically turns Martina off, but she, too, can appreciate the song’s quality, even if she doesn’t like it. It’s not hyper produced and dependent on post-production. Three great singers just singing a great song. This song really showcases their raw talent and answers the question: can JYJ make it on their own? Yes, 100%, yes they can.

The only other thing that turns us off of this song (and this is only because of our personal preference and not because of video quality) is that it’s a freaking sad song, with a really freaking sad video. And, really, we’re not into freaking sad things anymore. We’re not sure why anyone is, for that matter. Take movies, for example: a long time ago, back when the two of us weren’t even engaged to be married yet, we watched “House of Sand and Fog.” We had heard it was a good movie, deep and profound and blah blah blah. What happened at the end of it, we won’t ruin it for you, but it was miserable. Miserable! We were sobbing, hugging our knees and crying, and our day was ruined. And all for what? We spent two hours of our short, short lives to intentionally make ourselves sad.

House of Sand and Crap

Rubbish. We put a ban on all sad things henceforth, and try to stick to it as much as possible. We’re happy people, and we’d like to keep it that way. Does that mean we’re blissfully ignorant of bad stuff happening around us? Not at all. It does mean, though, that sadness as an artform doesn’t speak to us anymore.

And so, this is another reason why we’re not too fond of “In Heaven” as a song and video. It’s about death. The girl dies twice. Junsu dies once. The sunflower dies as well. That dude who crossed the street more than likely died, too. It’s also about remorse, and not wanting to be apart, and other such stuff. No thank you. We’re not faulting JYJ for making the song and video, though. We just would like to politely decline. Give us more Sexy Car Window Rolling, less Deadly Car People Hitting.

Sooo…now that our rant is over, how about those pickles! Junsu…loves dem pickles. *cough* Ok no recovery. How about our silly bloopers? Yay!

Anyhow, if ballads are your thing, though, then you can’t go wrong with this song and album. Pick it up if you haven’t already and support JYJ. They need all the support they can get!!!! Check out the link below to get it:

JYJ

Comments

JYJ – In Heaven: Kpop Music Mondays

1. My vote is for 2AM’s You Wouldn’t Answer My Calls. The 2AM video is heartbreaking where as this video….it just didn’t do it for me.

2. I vote for JYJ. Although I really didn’t understand why they both had to die in the end! As much as I love JYJ, honestly, the main reason I vote for JYJ is that I haven’t seen the 2AM video and I don’t really want to spend 5 minutes finding and watching something that is obviously really really sad.

lol love the bloopers. Cheese ramen! :D

3. I would have to say: 2AM, because of how no matter what he does he can never get her back. he can’t even go back in time to save her. also i think that his grief over losing her was really believable.

4. my votes for JYJ because this song was written by Jaejoong for his close friend that committed suicide and it’s just a damn good song

5. i vote JYJ

6. JYJ’s got my vote.

7. My vote is for 2AM’s You Wouldn’t Answer My Calls, because it’s just bad luck, and he couldn’t really do anything to save her because she really thought he was kidding around.
    My vote is NOT for JYJ because he let her die not once, but TWICE. = = And as you pointed out, he totally could have prevented it. Maybe by STAYING HOME WITH HER? duh.

8. I vote for JYJ as as the loss of the duckbutt is just too much to handle T.T

9. lol, Martina looks like a cocoon in the bloopper footage!! haha

i vote for JYJ!

10. JYJ In heaven really make me Crying anytime i see the mv
    my vote for JYJ

11. Oh my god, so I just wanna say, my first reaction when watching this video when we got to the car crash was  OH MY GOD IT’S STRAIGHT OUT OF THE SUPER JUNIOR MINIDRAMA! I mean, 90% no, but at at the end when she’s walking across the street LIKE AN IDIOT I was so forcefully reminded of Sungmin and the girlfriend story (with evil Kyu) I just burst out laughing… totally ruined the gravity of the moment for me…. I was giggling like a mad woman, It must be a jealous Jaejoong who was driving the car! snerk… anyway, definitely not a ballad person and kind of more of a Homin fan, but ever since Protect the Boss Started I’ve grown to like Jaejoong and by extension, JYJ (how great is that one song from the OST?).

Martina Papoose is freakin adorable, and Martina shoes are freakin awesome! and I totally rewound when Simon was so sure he said answer instead of return bahaha…. but no ramyun? Simon you cheater pants!

12. JYJ is totally going to win this one, and I love them, but my vote is for 2AM. The girlfriend was murdered! And the guy was more convincing at being torn to pieces over grief! I’m with you on the “House of Sand and Fog” movie… that’s one you only watch once, because you know it will ruin your day completely.

13. Martina I must say I love your Shoes. What size do you wear? Cuz I would so steal them.

14. ok, just wait for the Get Out video. It supposedly comes out this week xD not sure if you’re gonna have sexy windows there but I know for sure there’re gonna be sexy guys in their sexy cars xD

15. My vote is for JYJ.

16. i vote JYJ..and by the way, the album’s not out yet and so is the video :) the FULL 10-minute video’s supposed to come out soon!!!!

17. Kae

My vote goes to JYJ.

18. I vote JYJ!

19. My vote goes to 2AM. I think the music quality was equal, but the 2AM video was more emotional.

20. Forget Method #2. Blankets aren’t nearly as absorbent urban legends make them out to be. What is? Um…Depends.

21. WTH w/ the computer xD

22. i vote JYJ

23. 2AM’s You Wouldn’t Answer My Calls! It just killed me – and the poor guy never stood a chance against the incoming killer :(

24. D:! HE SPANKED YOU?!

kinky

25. LOL! Bum smacks! Hahaha! You guys are epic XD

I vote JYJ’s In Heaven just ’cause I can!

26. my vote goes to JYJ’s in heaven bcause when i saw the vid with english subs i started to cry like a fucking baby…i mean, this song is based on a real situation….its like freaking depressing but at the same time so beautiful….and also…im JYJ super biased fan xD so, me votes for IN HEAVEN!!!!!
    thank u so much for reviewing this vid, i was waiting for this xD it was super funny, asl always xD love u guys!! <3

27. Oh forgot to vote xD My vote goes to JYJ for moral support..xD but I think the saddest song has to be ‘I will protect you’ by Jaejoong for Protect the Boss OST…the song makes my heart cringe every time i listen to it =( I LIKE IT A LOOT. xD

28.  I LOVE YOU GUISE!! Your weekly videos cushion the IB effect on me xD Good job like always :D

29. JYJ’s In Heaven is the SADDEST song ever!!!!

30. basically this time its more of JiHyo’s (d girl’s) fault for letting herself die….

as for the battle, the stroyline is almost about the same…but i’ll go for 2AM!

31. Ahaha! :D I love it! “i like em a lot” too Martina! Also the blanket thing look alike what my siblings and i would do to each other when we got mad at each other and yes, that IS what they are for! jk.

32. I myself FREAKING LOVE PICKLES!!!!

I vote for JYJ!

33. I SEE GA IN AS BACKGROUND IN YOUR LAPTOP -fangirls-

34. I vote for JYJ of course and thanks for reviewing JYJ’s In Heaven.. I was waiting for you the whole week

35. LAMO.. nothing to eat by pickles.. LOL..

36.  Thank you so much for reviewing JYJ In Heaven!!!

Of course I vote for them~

37. JYJ – In Heaven “Saddest song!!”

38. I vote for JYJ “In Heaven”

39. ooooooh man! Sooooooooo funny! XD And Spudgy in bloopers so cute~ how he was looking on Martina! Soooo cute!
    2AM 2AM 2AM 2AM 2AM!!! Definitely it’s 2AM! This is my fav song and it was first 2AM MV that I watched~ but Huh Gak’s Hello MV the saddest video that I’ve ever seen T-T (but I some didn’t understand ^^;)!
    Hope next MM will be BIIIIILLLAAAAAASAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ^^

40. love the Gain wallpaper. I’ll vote for In Heaven, but only cause I’m waiting for BEG!!!