Super Junior – Sexy, Free, & Single: Kpop Music Mondays

July 9, 2012

Comments

Are you ready to freaking Bingo till your pants explode off of your sexy bodies, YOU NASTIES YOU?!?! It’s a special interactive Music Monday Bingo edition!

If you’re not ready to Bingo yet, then head over to download and Make Yourself Ready to Bingo on this Page Here. Then, watch Super Junior’s “Sexy, Free, & Single.” It’s awesome, we LOVE IT!

Ok, so this is quite possibly our most bizarre Music Monday ever. We felt really hindered with Super Junior and SM videos lately, since they’re so often so freaking similar. Dress weird and dance in weird boxes. THAT’S IT. We were a bit excited to see the (kinda) city like landscape behind them, since usually Suju is usually in a low ceilings style room, but as the video progressed we lost our excitement as no one interacted with it. Seriously, you can take the audio track from A-Cha and put it over the video for Sexy, Free, & Single, and a first time viewer wouldn’t know the difference. There’s never any relevance to the song. It’s a modelling shoot, but I suppose some people would argue it’s a dance/model shoot, and the purpose of these videos are actually to show off their dancing. We agree with that idea partially, but because we have seen so many other bands pull off both dancing and a more interesting music video (for example, MBLAQ in “Cry”, SHINee in “Clue + Note”, or Infinite’s “Nothing Over” just to name few) it’s hard to swallow that excuse. WAIT A SECOND!!! Even Suju had a great dance + mini-plot video when they did “It’s You” (너라고). We personally think Suju might just be too busy to actually have the time set aside to make a video with a plot. Seriously, the guys are all in dramas, hosting variety shows, and more, so when would they all have the time for a long video like that?

BUT YOU’VE HEARD US SAY THIS TIME AND TIME AGAIN. So, we figured, instead of boring you with our usual complaints, we’d just take random stuff from the videos as our springboard and go with it. I hate SM’s unblock able ads. They suck donkey balls and are so annoying. Nothing would make me happier than to choke one out. LET’S SEE YOU POP UP NOW, EVERYSING!!! GET UP AND FIGHT BACK! *Everysing sues Simon and Martina for libel* Oh…well, now ain’t we screwed…good thing we didn’t use it in our video!!! Buuwahahahah!

Anyhow, I really hope our having fun with the video doesn’t get in the way of us expressing to you fully how much we like this song. It’s a really good song! This is two weeks in a row that we’ve raved about the awesomeness of SM songs. Really, the Good-Time part right before the Sexy, Free, & Single chorus is SOOOOO GOOD! The harmony there is totally kick you in your face awesome. We can’t stop listening to it and Martina can’t stop dance-humping around the house and rubbing her hands together like she’s covered in white school glue and she’s trying to burn it off. So did you guise all fall in love with this song like we did, or did it have to grow on you like A-Cha and Mr.Simple did for us last year?

If you did like the song as much as we did, then make sure you pick it up on iTunes and YesAsia. If you’d rather not buy the music, but watch us sing and dance to it instead, well, that’s what these bloopers here are for!

Comments

Super Junior – Sexy, Free, & Single: Kpop Music Mondays

1. 1.)  The built-in advertisements REALLY annoy me.  They should seriously do something about that mess.  It distracts me from the video.

2)  You misspelled “ovary”, lol.

3)  Simon kind of reminds me of Jason Segal.

4.) I’m on the fence about this song and the overall music on their album.  Don’t hate it, don’t love it.

2. I think this worked really well. I’ve become kind of disenchanted with y’all’s Music Mondays lately; I understand that you have to watch the video a million times to analyze it, but that leads to you over-analyzing and picking at details that really annoyed you…but that a person just watching the video once or twice probably wouldn’t even notice. This kind of video, that instead picks a couple of obvious but interesting points to talk about, is more fun for me. :D Good job, keep rollin’ down that sexy window on the way to the bingo hall.

3. where did you buy the hello kitty glasses , i try to find in korea

4. You need to call some more numbers for the bingo. :P

5. shinee!!!!!

6. Actually, the first time I heard this song, I thought they said “I’m sexy, free and single! I’m ready to mingle”…

7. BTW Sorry, Simon and Martina, for spamming up your comments!

8. I think we should make an army like a Dumbledore’s Army, haha or we can just call it “SPUDGY ARMY of the NASTIES” *OHH YEAAAH* in destroying those stupid ads, hahaha. they’re distracting my spazzing moments >,<

9. shinee

10. i was also sad that shindong didn’t get enough lines or face time. he’s just so adorable!

11. I would love to play Bingo with Jonghyun…. Shinee

12. When you said 5/5 I thought seriously? D:  A typical Sm music video.

Aha, Of course play a board game with SuJu there is more of them so it would last longer :’) <3

13. This was one of your best KMM ever. It had me giggling from start to finish, and was unexpected. The last few KMM were serious and I understand why, but this was just gold and overall fun. Great job you guys!

14. I don’t know if i will, but i want to live until a Suju MV will get 5 out of 5…MUHAHAHAHAAAAA
    i might live forever…..:D

15. I think they aren’t saying “BINGO” maybe something like “BINGEUL” or some other word in korean…. but “bingeul” means “round” but still some other word that sounds similar…

• I thought they said ‘mingle’ at first, but on music shows, it actually says ‘bingo’ in English when they show the lyrics.

16. Oh thank god! I am so glad you didn’t talk about the oddly lit rooms again! personally, I don’t really care about the locations of the music video or the “isolation” most companies put their artists in. It’s more or less expected, so the true challenge really is how cool-looking the rooms are themselves! for example, i really did love F(x)’s pink and black light-up box set and SuJu’s alleyway-ish set. ^^

I definitely agree about the line distribution as well. Shingdong and Kangin got pretty much nothing and though they certainly aren’t my biases, it makes me sad that SM is so clearly biased themselves.

BTW, I note that you said absolutely nothing about Kangin’s return. is there a reason for that or did you just forget? what IS your opinion? I’m curious. (I’M SO CURIOUS YEAHHH!~)

PS. Martina, I totally didn’t do the exact same thing when i saw Leeteuk’s outfit and giggle and poke at his nipples…. :3

17. One of my favourite Music Mondays in a while:))) love it,mostly the joke on giving them 5 out of 5 for the english;))))

18. Why did they not say “I’m ready to mingle”? D: It would’ve made so much more sense.
    Also, 3:18-4:20, THANK YOU SO MUCH, SIMON. THANK YOU.

Oh, and I vote Clue with SHINee :)

19. no bingo for me today T___T (still agree with your interpretation of the meaning of this word in the song though, haha)

when Simon said 5 out of 5 for the English of the song, my reaction was “no way!” and then he started laughing hysterically…definitely my favourite part of the video.

20. I’m no ELF but I do think the song is quite interesting but I have a question; who is the one singing at exactly 2:00?

•  That’s Kangin, he just came back from his military duties.

• kangin

• It’s Kangin. I’m not an ELF but I do like some of their songs and kyuhyun.

•  That’s Kangin! He’s been in the military for the past two years–this is his comeback album.  The last music video he was in was “Sorry Sorry.”

21. So who do you guys think is the sexiest SuJu member?

My answer is Donghae! He’s so sexy and nasty~! And Martina! Is Shindong really your favorite singer?

22. No bingo D: sheet 5 haha~~~

23. Lol Martina I probably would have also kept Siwon’s outfit between my TiTays!

24. when Simon said 5 out of 5 i was he is joking .. i love SJ but  SJ English is worst than mine lol , but I love the song

25. that’s right, it’s cool to bingo.

26. I see Jang Woo Young on the computer screen! :)

27. “5 out of 5” I may have very nearly peed  myself laughing. Cuz even their Engrish is bad Engrish, I don’t think it could actually count as English. Also, thanks to you, I know call this song Sexy Free and Bingo. And if it came down to it, I would totally play Bingo with SuJu, because 1) there is more of them, which is always better, and b) I love looking at and listening to Shinee, but SuJu just seem so much more relaxed and friendly!

And I’ve been hanging out to hear what you guys would say about the retarded leather flower they put round Kyuhyun’s neck. You make me so happy!!!!! Martina’s re-enactment of the wardrobe co-ordiator was even funnier because I’ve seen that actually happen in real life, before a show.

28. Oh, my god! This is awesome how you guys step out of the box and actually surprised me with the outdoor commercial beating! ^___^

29. Yup i agree with you guys, i really liked the pre-chorus ( or whatever you call it) as well, but the chorus fell short, it was a bit overshadowed by the “pre-chorus”. But kudos to super junior for having not one, not two, but three rooms , this time. The street like room is pretty cool, the orange lighting is nice, but they could have done more with it.
    still love the song though!!
    great vid guys! :D

30. sheet 2 B7,I30, G50, O65 , So unless the free spot counts like one N spot without you guys putting it on screen  I loss :( well i guess better luck to me next time lol ^^

31. the ads must be destroyed they have no one likes them

32. So… if you really like this song but cringe like I do when they say “Bingo” someone had a really good tip (after I made fun of SuJu on youtube and hence received many angry messages from rabid SuJu fans, lulz) Bingo sounds a lot like “binguel” ;)

While “I’m ready to binguel” probably also sounds a bit weird….  I like it a lot better than “bingo” and then picturing SuJu as old Korean men :-/

And… while I do like SuJu… i’d prefer doing anything with Shinee, be it board games or… whatever :p

• You do know binguel means “round” so the english translation would be “Im Sexy Free and Single im read to round” so think abot that and don’t make fun or Super Junior i am a ELF (Which is the name of there fans) But i also love SHINee.
      SHINee is F**king Awesome
      Super Junior is F**king Awesome

• Actually it also means “to spin around” so it does kind of fit better than Bingo still… because Bingo kind of sounds… well… i’ll leave it at that so I do not anger anyone :p

33. It was great review. I wonder if SuJu watch your videos. What would they say about Martina touching nipples >.<

•  lol hahaha i thought the same thing too…!! XD i sooo would like to see teuk’s reaction to martina playin with his nipples… XD omfg xD

34. Simon, as a MV critic, why do you so careless? You did wrestling with that so called nasty unclosable adv, but then when you entered your room, you got a bat stick on you. What is was for? Trust me, we’re gonna love the scene showing how you took (our) revenge on that irritating adv with that glowing yellow bat stick.

Then, when another adv came out, I guessed you still got the bat stick on you. But it surprised me: SHORYUKEN!! Bwahahaha!! Anyway, I really love your sarcasm on that irritating adv :))

35. SHINee!!! Clue!!!

36. Come, comrade!  Let us destroy ads together.  Meet me at the park, and we will stomp and choke out as many Everysing ads as possible :D

37. lol hahahaha i sooo waited to see this review xD the part i was especially curious about, was the english mark xD i remember very clearly what simon said durnin a-cha review: ‘AH! super junior. u’ll get 5 out of 5 but this day is not today…’ XDDD so when at first u gave 5 out of 5, i was like WHAAAAAAT…?? lol then i noticed simon’s suspicious expresison xD and even if i’m a total ELF (yeah yeah went to seoul in may to stalk the boys BRUUUUUHUHUHUH jk jk XD) i agree completely about the english xD i checked the lyrics but then i gave up & started to sing the way i hear it. and it’s exacly how simon says it XD
    the part that also blew my mindddd was the thingie abt their costumes XD omg xD i sooo liked the idea of the reasons why it looked like that :D and i too thought it looks more like a funky armour or sth… XD and loled like crazy at teuk’s nipples… xD
    i’m happy martina noticed the dance, since it’s the strongest part of the mv and reeealy choreo is just OMG. i also liked hyuk’s part the most, but wonder if it bcs he’s so good or maybe bcs he’s my ultimate bias… xD whatever XD
    OH~! and simon! u r my hero for a 100000000000000th time. gosh. those adds are so freakin annoying >..< they lacked pretty much with the goods to sell… gah.
    ok now! enough of my rambling talk. thanks for a great review :D and vote for suju ofcourse XD

38. Okey *hum” first comment … in English … i’am scared  (I’m french so i’m really sorry for my english level ^^’)
    I loooooove this KMM because I agree with all you said !! (even for RyeoWook’s name I just can’t prononce it !!) I -as a french girl who try hard to understand english lyrics in korean songs- believed that they were saying “i’m ready to bingo” … okey “bingo” is a verb now ?? Did I miss some English lessons in High School ?? And with the  “every single day try~~” here’s my face looked like => O_o. It’s not today that Super Junior will increase their english level but I still like them so much !! but I can’t critizise them I’m not that good too … I’m not good at all !!
    The most interesting things in this music video was the danse (fortunatelly because if the dance wasn’t that amazing it will be a REALLY boring video … (EunHyuk is such a good danser !!)
    Well, thank you for making me laugh that much (I have tears in my eyes !!) yeeaaah I’m a french Nasty !! (really weird to say that ^^) so thank you so much guys !!!

(and I hope that my comment is understandable for you ^^’)

39. I lost the bingo game…. =[

40. Clue with Shinee definitely. But I’m a biased fan, so take it as you will.