Super Junior – Sexy, Free, & Single: Kpop Music Mondays

July 9, 2012

Comments

Are you ready to freaking Bingo till your pants explode off of your sexy bodies, YOU NASTIES YOU?!?! It’s a special interactive Music Monday Bingo edition!

If you’re not ready to Bingo yet, then head over to download and Make Yourself Ready to Bingo on this Page Here. Then, watch Super Junior’s “Sexy, Free, & Single.” It’s awesome, we LOVE IT!

Ok, so this is quite possibly our most bizarre Music Monday ever. We felt really hindered with Super Junior and SM videos lately, since they’re so often so freaking similar. Dress weird and dance in weird boxes. THAT’S IT. We were a bit excited to see the (kinda) city like landscape behind them, since usually Suju is usually in a low ceilings style room, but as the video progressed we lost our excitement as no one interacted with it. Seriously, you can take the audio track from A-Cha and put it over the video for Sexy, Free, & Single, and a first time viewer wouldn’t know the difference. There’s never any relevance to the song. It’s a modelling shoot, but I suppose some people would argue it’s a dance/model shoot, and the purpose of these videos are actually to show off their dancing. We agree with that idea partially, but because we have seen so many other bands pull off both dancing and a more interesting music video (for example, MBLAQ in “Cry”, SHINee in “Clue + Note”, or Infinite’s “Nothing Over” just to name few) it’s hard to swallow that excuse. WAIT A SECOND!!! Even Suju had a great dance + mini-plot video when they did “It’s You” (너라고). We personally think Suju might just be too busy to actually have the time set aside to make a video with a plot. Seriously, the guys are all in dramas, hosting variety shows, and more, so when would they all have the time for a long video like that?

BUT YOU’VE HEARD US SAY THIS TIME AND TIME AGAIN. So, we figured, instead of boring you with our usual complaints, we’d just take random stuff from the videos as our springboard and go with it. I hate SM’s unblock able ads. They suck donkey balls and are so annoying. Nothing would make me happier than to choke one out. LET’S SEE YOU POP UP NOW, EVERYSING!!! GET UP AND FIGHT BACK! *Everysing sues Simon and Martina for libel* Oh…well, now ain’t we screwed…good thing we didn’t use it in our video!!! Buuwahahahah!

Anyhow, I really hope our having fun with the video doesn’t get in the way of us expressing to you fully how much we like this song. It’s a really good song! This is two weeks in a row that we’ve raved about the awesomeness of SM songs. Really, the Good-Time part right before the Sexy, Free, & Single chorus is SOOOOO GOOD! The harmony there is totally kick you in your face awesome. We can’t stop listening to it and Martina can’t stop dance-humping around the house and rubbing her hands together like she’s covered in white school glue and she’s trying to burn it off. So did you guise all fall in love with this song like we did, or did it have to grow on you like A-Cha and Mr.Simple did for us last year?

If you did like the song as much as we did, then make sure you pick it up on iTunes and YesAsia. If you’d rather not buy the music, but watch us sing and dance to it instead, well, that’s what these bloopers here are for!

Comments

Super Junior – Sexy, Free, & Single: Kpop Music Mondays

1. Oh my gosh! You guys are hilarious! I almost woke my daughter up laughing! XD

2. i pick suju

3. this was the most amazing music monday ever…you had fun, we had fun….and we had bingo.

4. Eva

In the chorus when they say they’re ‘ready to bingo’ is it suppose to be ‘ready to mingle’?

5. lol. it’s not even growing in me. blahh. – – dunno y.

6. And Bingo was his name-o! I rather play Bingo with Super Junior!

7. LOL what a funny review. I actually like the song. I don’t think it sounds like sorry sorry or mr simple. It’s different. I like this song more than mr simple. I think in this song it shows their vocal ability more as a group. When i first saw the mv people told me it’s “i’m ready to mingle” i kept saying it’s bingo! after the full song came out i knew i was right. lol Actually as much as Bingo sounds funny to people it actually makes sense the way it’s written in the lyrics they say..”i’m ready too, Bingo!” that grammar is actually correct..So SM didn’t screw that up atleast. lol Also bingo doesn’t really mean the game bingo it also means jackpot and i guess the person who wrote the lyrics was going for that. For some people this isn’t the type of song that you like right away. It grows on you if you listen to it a few times. The mv is the typical SM mv but atleast it’s not the typical box so the box is upgraded now. The mv doesn’t really bother me much. As long as i like the song the mv is just a cherry on top.

8. Hahaha i loooved this music monday! well done guise!!

9. Eunhyuk’s SOLO! ;D HAHAHAHA

10. No comment on the strange shape exploding and reforming?

11. Khal Drogo armor… Right on the mark, Martina, right on the mark.

12. SuJu of course ! bingo or whatever as long as it’s with Super Junior

13. First…SHINEE ALL THE WAY!!! (I’d rather play Clue.  Bingo is fun sometimes but my love of Shinee beats SJ…sorry)… Phew now that’s out of my system.  I really like this song now.  It took listening to it about 4 times before I could get into it but now I can’t get enough of it.  I loved that they had finally moved to dancing in the poorly lit abandoned street…but then they moved back into their utterly boring, hospital white boxes and I sighed in disappointment.  But hey!, the bright side is that I like the song. YAY!

14. There’s a bit of an auto-filter in my brain that tries to destroy things that don’t make sense. I didn’t hear “Bingo” at all. I always thought it was “Sexy, free, and single. I’m ready to mingle.” Then I looked at the captions and went, “……oh….bingo…what? o.o”

• Yeah kind of like when my boyfriend sings Miss A’s “Bad Girl Good Girl”…. and there’s a line that goes “Eoiga eobseo” (It’s pathetic) which my boyfriend now sings, “All of ya’ll suck…”

Seriously, about 49-50 seconds into that video… you’ll hear it too ;)

15. Simon and Martina, you guys never let us down. Just when you think a music Monday would be  predictable, then, BAM!! Thanks for making me laugh!

16. Bingo??? O_o I thought they were saying mingle???

17. I’m ready to bingo with Super Junior any time lol

18. aw, no Bingo.I over all like this song. My only complaint is that after I listen to this song, I have Mr. Simple in my head. They sound similar to me.  I think I’d play with Shinee. With the smaller group I might learn all their names :P

19. I just want to get home and tweak Leeteuk’s nipples now! And Siwons while we’re nipple tweaking. To many witnesses at work.

20. I honestly didn’t like the song the first time I heard it, and I entirely blame the velociraptor-chewed-out wardrobe. After I saw Leeteuk and then Kyuhyun’s outfit, I…yeah, ugh. I think I was also taken aback at how different the melody was from the teaser (I was thinking it was going to be a little funkier, have that “3, 2, 1” chant and sort of drumbeat, etc) but heck, when have teasers accurately showed what a song sounded like? BUT after listening to it again, I wanted to listen to it again and again and yeah its playcount is a ridiculous number now on my iTunes. And this song totally made me see Eunhyuk as superhawt for some reason. I’m digging that pops-out-of-the-lineup solo of his :)

What I’m NOT digging are those unblockable ads. Even the freaking 24-SECOND teaser had TWO unblockable ads. WTEff.

Did anyone else notice one of Eunhyuk’s shirts is/looks like Sehun’s shirt from their History music video? :/

21. Wow, I rarely completely agree with every single thing you guys say in a review, but I do!
    I’m so glad you both decided to have some fun here. It’s honestly one of your best reviews because of it! Thanks for being awesome~~
    Also, my vote goes to CLUE with SHINee. WAY more human interaction, and bingo can get crazy. lol

22. you know, my dad came in just at 4:26 …. AKWARD
    Oh guys, you’re getting nastier and nastier hahaha

but yeah, it was sooo akward

23. I see Wooyoung in the back! OOhhh I wish youd review it, alas I fear it will never be….

24. I pick Bingo with Super Junior!

25. I would love to join in on this epicness of around the world bingo..but alas…i have epicly bad luck when it comes to Bingo and I..sadly have never one a single game of bingo D: and I love how you guys mixed up the complaints about the sm video XD

26. About those ads….you’d be surprised how many SM stans actually defend it.

I once commented about how SM should quit it with the unblockable ads, and here’s what some fans had to say:
    Buy the actual music video then you won’t have to see it if it bothers you that much. You will enjoy much better quilty as well
    – It’s a pretty good marketing strategy, imo. The music industry is also a business industry.
    – obviously there’s a reason for it. which is: to make a profit. and yes yes we know, SM makes a TON of money alrdy, but then this is just business. as a company you would ALWAYS want to make a profit. if it bothers you, then buy the music video. No Ads, better quality. if not, then idk man cos since this is free so, too bad :/
    – remember without sme kpop would not exist

……what the??? o.O

27. Yes I love this song!!!! lol and I want to kill those ads too….. !!! Time to watch the vid!

28. That was a really, really good Music Monday!! You guys never fail to disappoint. I’m really impressed. I even played the Bingo game along with y’all. I can’t empasise how much I respect you for being able to make an interesting review out of even the most boring videos, and often make said videos much more interesting than before, by either pointing out random aspects of it that we didn’t notice before, or just making up your own plot that makes it impossible to see the video any other way.
    Cheers yo :)

29. I laughed until I cried when Simon pretended to give the song’s English a 5 out of 5. For the first split second I wondered if he’d experienced major head trauma since the last KMM. Great review you two! Thanks for giving me a reason to laugh for 10 minutes straight, even if my neighbors might think I’m crazy now :)

30. aww i love suju’s new song so much!! but shinee’s comeback really was the best for me (yes, the “best” and not “better” since i’m comparing it to other comeback songs as well) so i pick clue with shinee although i’d be plenty happy to play bingo with suju ;D

31. oh martina, you totally read my mind *¬* i laughed a lot xD i just wanted to lick the screen xD

32. When I heard the 5 rating I was shocked, Im an ELF but suju is kinda noted for their awesome Engrish. I go with suju, bc it’s 10 guys versus only 5…. Plus I dont know the board game clue.

33. Destroy ALL the ads appearing in sme video! *rage* :O

34. Kat

I kinda was a little weirded out by kyuhyun’s duct tape necklace and wondered how he was gonna take it off O.O

35. OOOOOOH GOD! I started to laugh like a crazy person when Simon said 5 out of 5!!! It was just unrealistic!! And I’m saying that from the point of view of a person whose first language is not English!! I really like Super junior but let’s be honest their English just make as much sense as Jesus riding a unicorn in Paris’ streets!!

36. I didn’t get a Bingo! :(
    Oh well, I still liked playing, that was a brilliant idea. XD On a more review-related note, I’m sorta with Simon on the ‘it took a few listens to get used to’ thing. I actually listened to the whole album, and I’m pretty much of the opinion that ‘Butterfly’ should’ve been their comeback song. It’s a whole lot catchier, in my book. I still really like Sexy Free & Single, though…I just wouldn’t let any of my non-Kpop listening friends listen to it. Anyway, I really liked this week’s Music Monday, even if Martina did toally butcher my #1 bias’ name… It’s okay, though, it took me a looong time to learn how to actually pronounce it, and that “Luke I am your father” thing made me laugh so hard. X)
    My vote’s for Suju this week, btw.

37. Where’s the love for ShinDong? He’s a great dancer, he’s a great singer, and his hair is great looking! Just because he’s not the svelte chiseled body of the others, they obviously limited his face time.

38. I never win at bingo (this time included). ._.
    Clue with SHINee would be way more fun anyway. Deal me in!

39. Actually, first time I heard it I thought they ended with:

-Sexy, free and single; I’m ready to Pringle!And I was all like: Whait, what? Are they going out for chips? Product placement?Bingo makes so much more sense, it could be the next big trend in South Korea – taking over for karaoke!-Heey guurrrl! Can I buy you a drink and a bingo board?

40. I LOVE THIS KPOP MUSIC MONDAYS I HOPE THATE YOU REVIEW  Wonder Girls – Like Money ft. Akon