Super Junior – Sexy, Free, & Single: Kpop Music Mondays

July 9, 2012

Comments

Are you ready to freaking Bingo till your pants explode off of your sexy bodies, YOU NASTIES YOU?!?! It’s a special interactive Music Monday Bingo edition!

If you’re not ready to Bingo yet, then head over to download and Make Yourself Ready to Bingo on this Page Here. Then, watch Super Junior’s “Sexy, Free, & Single.” It’s awesome, we LOVE IT!

Ok, so this is quite possibly our most bizarre Music Monday ever. We felt really hindered with Super Junior and SM videos lately, since they’re so often so freaking similar. Dress weird and dance in weird boxes. THAT’S IT. We were a bit excited to see the (kinda) city like landscape behind them, since usually Suju is usually in a low ceilings style room, but as the video progressed we lost our excitement as no one interacted with it. Seriously, you can take the audio track from A-Cha and put it over the video for Sexy, Free, & Single, and a first time viewer wouldn’t know the difference. There’s never any relevance to the song. It’s a modelling shoot, but I suppose some people would argue it’s a dance/model shoot, and the purpose of these videos are actually to show off their dancing. We agree with that idea partially, but because we have seen so many other bands pull off both dancing and a more interesting music video (for example, MBLAQ in “Cry”, SHINee in “Clue + Note”, or Infinite’s “Nothing Over” just to name few) it’s hard to swallow that excuse. WAIT A SECOND!!! Even Suju had a great dance + mini-plot video when they did “It’s You” (너라고). We personally think Suju might just be too busy to actually have the time set aside to make a video with a plot. Seriously, the guys are all in dramas, hosting variety shows, and more, so when would they all have the time for a long video like that?

BUT YOU’VE HEARD US SAY THIS TIME AND TIME AGAIN. So, we figured, instead of boring you with our usual complaints, we’d just take random stuff from the videos as our springboard and go with it. I hate SM’s unblock able ads. They suck donkey balls and are so annoying. Nothing would make me happier than to choke one out. LET’S SEE YOU POP UP NOW, EVERYSING!!! GET UP AND FIGHT BACK! *Everysing sues Simon and Martina for libel* Oh…well, now ain’t we screwed…good thing we didn’t use it in our video!!! Buuwahahahah!

Anyhow, I really hope our having fun with the video doesn’t get in the way of us expressing to you fully how much we like this song. It’s a really good song! This is two weeks in a row that we’ve raved about the awesomeness of SM songs. Really, the Good-Time part right before the Sexy, Free, & Single chorus is SOOOOO GOOD! The harmony there is totally kick you in your face awesome. We can’t stop listening to it and Martina can’t stop dance-humping around the house and rubbing her hands together like she’s covered in white school glue and she’s trying to burn it off. So did you guise all fall in love with this song like we did, or did it have to grow on you like A-Cha and Mr.Simple did for us last year?

If you did like the song as much as we did, then make sure you pick it up on iTunes and YesAsia. If you’d rather not buy the music, but watch us sing and dance to it instead, well, that’s what these bloopers here are for!

Comments

Super Junior – Sexy, Free, & Single: Kpop Music Mondays

1. MARTINAAAA!! I HAVE YOUR HELLO KITTY GLASSES!!!

2. For me it would be better if its sexy, free and single im ready to mingle which means after being sexy free and single now they are ready to mingle and not be single anymore… hehe! just thought of it! :)

3. shinee!! :D I like shinee’s clue better than sexy free and single

4. Shinee. TaeMin is so cutie ^__^

5. i was watching Mnets mcountdown, the song came on and the lyrics and the side said “bingo” i laughed for at least five minutes. <3

6. OH MAN I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE. I am in your camp, guy.

7. I was listening to this song on my way home while I was skating and I laughed when I heard “sexy free and single I’m ready to bingo” ahahaha I must have looked like a total idiot =) ooooo anyone else think the “sexy sexy sexy” part sounds like “taxi taxi taxi” from snsd’s mr. taxi???

8. BINGO!

9. I’ve always heard of “playing Scrabble” as a euphemism, but Bingo is a new one to me.

10. ShinEE’s Clue

11. Also I forgot to answer the show down!! I’d rather play board games with SHINee. I want to be Onew’s team. …I just feel like many lulz would be had as the teammate of such an adorable pile of fail. (lol no hate i swear i love onew)

12. …This might have been one of your best K-pop Music Mondays ever, imo. I love that we got to participate in it omg omg omg YAY BINGO. :D Even though I only got to cross out three numbersSADFACE (I always cross out the free spot to make myself feel better though. It is somewhat consoling.) Also, I think you’ve played out the fantasy of 105% of anyone who has ever seen those damn SM ads at the bottom of the video. MUST. DEEESTRROOOYYYY. So thank you for that. I could go on and on about how hilarious this was but OH GOD NEVER CHANGE, YOU TWO. NEVER CHANGE. …ilu (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ

13. ZOMG, board games with Super Junior :D It would be so fun, they are all so funny & cute~

14. Oh I shindon too he is my favorite but your right didnt hear him much in this song though I loved this song.

15. BTW Sorry, Simon and Martina, for spamming up your comments!

16. I think we should make an army like a Dumbledore’s Army, haha or we can just call it “SPUDGY ARMY of the NASTIES” *OHH YEAAAH* in destroying those stupid ads, hahaha. they’re distracting my spazzing moments >,<

17. Actually, the first time I heard this song, I thought they said “I’m sexy, free and single! I’m ready to mingle”…

18. shinee!!!!!

19. shinee

20. i was also sad that shindong didn’t get enough lines or face time. he’s just so adorable!

21. I think they aren’t saying “BINGO” maybe something like “BINGEUL” or some other word in korean…. but “bingeul” means “round” but still some other word that sounds similar…

• I thought they said ‘mingle’ at first, but on music shows, it actually says ‘bingo’ in English when they show the lyrics.

22. Oh thank god! I am so glad you didn’t talk about the oddly lit rooms again! personally, I don’t really care about the locations of the music video or the “isolation” most companies put their artists in. It’s more or less expected, so the true challenge really is how cool-looking the rooms are themselves! for example, i really did love F(x)’s pink and black light-up box set and SuJu’s alleyway-ish set. ^^

I definitely agree about the line distribution as well. Shingdong and Kangin got pretty much nothing and though they certainly aren’t my biases, it makes me sad that SM is so clearly biased themselves.

BTW, I note that you said absolutely nothing about Kangin’s return. is there a reason for that or did you just forget? what IS your opinion? I’m curious. (I’M SO CURIOUS YEAHHH!~)

PS. Martina, I totally didn’t do the exact same thing when i saw Leeteuk’s outfit and giggle and poke at his nipples…. :3

23. I don’t know if i will, but i want to live until a Suju MV will get 5 out of 5…MUHAHAHAHAAAAA
    i might live forever…..:D

24. This was one of your best KMM ever. It had me giggling from start to finish, and was unexpected. The last few KMM were serious and I understand why, but this was just gold and overall fun. Great job you guys!

25. I would love to play Bingo with Jonghyun…. Shinee

26. When you said 5/5 I thought seriously? D:  A typical Sm music video.

Aha, Of course play a board game with SuJu there is more of them so it would last longer :’) <3

27. You need to call some more numbers for the bingo. :P

28. This is totally AWESOME!!!!! This is the best music monday ever >< and I juz can't stop laughing :DDDDDD Martina is pronouncing ryeowook right? Is that reli difficult to pronounce? n KYUcumber also lollllllllllll
    btw, i also mix up electric HEART n electric SHOCK all the time – –
    anyways, i juz LOVE your review <3

29. super junior!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and thank you for killing the everysing ads banner, it’s really annoying. I’m willing to bear the responsibility on your behalf (:

30. Aw, Bingo! I’m not a fan of SuJu but please, I’m ready to Bingo? I’m like saying it every 5 min now…

31. oh yeah Simon!!! beat that ad!!!! beat it like there’s no tomorrow!!!
    i was sad about the line distribution too cos even i wanted to see Shindong!!
    i vote for SHINee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

32. One of my favorite episodes!! I’m a HUUUGEEEE ELF and tried watching SJ’s video to come up with what you guys might talk about but YET AGAIN your creative selves did an amazing job!!!!!!!! <3333 I'm glad you liked the song – so far it's my FAV SJ video. Have you listened to the whole album? EVERY song is freakishly good – SJ FANS ARE IN HEAVEN! <3

33. Super Junior! Bingoing all night long!

34. BINGO!!!! LOL

35. I think this worked really well. I’ve become kind of disenchanted with y’all’s Music Mondays lately; I understand that you have to watch the video a million times to analyze it, but that leads to you over-analyzing and picking at details that really annoyed you…but that a person just watching the video once or twice probably wouldn’t even notice. This kind of video, that instead picks a couple of obvious but interesting points to talk about, is more fun for me. :D Good job, keep rollin’ down that sexy window on the way to the bingo hall.

36. where did you buy the hello kitty glasses , i try to find in korea

37. 1.)  The built-in advertisements REALLY annoy me.  They should seriously do something about that mess.  It distracts me from the video.

2)  You misspelled “ovary”, lol.

3)  Simon kind of reminds me of Jason Segal.

4.) I’m on the fence about this song and the overall music on their album.  Don’t hate it, don’t love it.

38. I read that sign as Ovary Bling. um…orz

39. Long time viewer first time commenter … this review was so freakin funny … i’m still wiping the tears from my eyes … I never got the whole kpop thing before .. but since discovering your site … my outlook on what is good music has changed forever … cheers for that!!!