Super Junior – Spy: Kpop Music Mondays

August 21, 2012

Comments

Super Junior is back on the top of our KpopCharts, but just baaaaarely, with “Spy.” Haven’t seen it yet? Check it out here:

So, a few things we didn’t mention in our review: for starters, congrats to Nu’est, not for getting second place, but for beating Super Junior up until the last minute when a final push got them ahead. Seriously: Super Junior’s video has millions of views; Nu’est’s video has less views than an Eat Your Kimchi video (at the moment). It’s not as popular a video as Super Junior’s, but it has a really strong fan base.

Another thing this can suggest, though, is not that Super Junior fans are struggling against the strength of Nu’est fans, but that Super Junior fans just didn’t want to vote this video in as much as usual. Seriously: Super Junior nearly crashes our server most of the time. This time: barely a blip. Every other video usually burns in flames and cowers in terror. This time: Super Junior’s video almost got beat out. Fans have the potential to vote as strongly as usual, but this time they just didn’t want to.

Sure, it could be that we’ve deeply offended a lot of ELFs, and so they’re steering away from our site (which, I wouldn’t get: Sexy, Free, and Single was one of our favorite Music Mondays EVER!), or it could mean that ELFs just don’t like this video as much. I think the latter’s the case. We’ve read lots of comments from annoyed fans. This video is just like every other Super Junior video ever:

Super Junior Rooms

SM: GTFO of these rooms

I found the rooms especially ridiculous in this case. Hey! Super Junior: correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t the song about finding and catching a girl? You know what might help you out: getting the hell out of those flashy boxes of yours. I guarantee you, she’s not there, because nobody of the opposite sex is ever in your flashy boxes with you EVER. Stop dancing around with each other. Synchronized dancing with your bros won’t find her either.

And, as always, SMs obnoxious unblockable ads keep on popping up just to piss you off. Yes, ladies and gentlemen: EverySing on THE iTunes. EverySing on THE Google Play? Seriously, SM? THE ITUNES? The Google Play? For THE 100th time, stop being THE Cheap and THE LAZY and get yourself THE English speaker to check over your THE ads next time. That’s just sloppy.

But, apart from our typical gripes against SM for their redundant Super Junior videos, this song is quite awesome! The beat of the chorus is SOOO GOOD! We like it so much and have been singing it so much that we went out and bought an extra copy of the CD to give away to you guise, because we want to share the love. YEAH! Want to win the CD? Here’s what you gotta do:

1) Make sure you’re subscribed to us. Not sure if you are? Click here!
2) Let us know in the comments what you think Super Junior’s secret mission is.
**if you’re leaving your answer here, rather than in the comments on our YouTube video, leave your username in the comment as well, so we can make sure you’re subscribed!**

If you’re not hopeful of winning, and just want the CD right away, you can pick it up on either iTunes or YesAsia. And, as always, we got bloopers. Since our skit was so long, we had lots of things go wrong in the filming process :D

Comments

Super Junior – Spy: Kpop Music Mondays

1. I agree with you guys, i don’t like the boxes either but it isn’t Super Junior’s fault it’s S.M.

2. Agree, they are almost always inside boxes (No other mv), but since they are way to popular it will be hard to film without any fan disturbing the shooting.  Agree, there is hardly a girl, even in the video “Rokkugo” (THE MOST AMAZING VIDEO MADE BY SUJU EVER, at least in my opinion) they dress themselves as girls.

3. sorry suju… i think wgs made better spies =/
    not an elf here, good luck to those trying to get the cd! :D

4. I think their mission is to destroy their own headquarters. They were tired of being forced to speak terrible english, do nothing but dance in videos constantly, and wear ridiculous outfits at their organization’s whim. Those pop-up ads that appear and cover up their hard work was the last straw. Now they’re all rebel spies that are trying to take down their spy corporation, otherwise known as SM, from the inside out. All the boxes you keep seeing them dance in are different rooms in SM’s top-secret headquarters, and even though it may look like they’re dancing by themselves, don’t let it fool you. They’re actually fighting off invisible robot enemies. They must be getting close to accomplishing their mission, because the invisibility machines look like they have been destroyed, which is why there are random cut scenes of them shooting at and standing on the amazonian robot women they apparently had to fight in this room. They’re also able to get a message out to everyone watching, telling us not to take it in the butt. Just like they got tired of doing with SM.

Wow…I really don’t know how that ended up being so long. I kind of got really into it, lol. XD
    Anyway, I’m a huge ELF and I actually really love this song, but yea…the video was…not really anything special? It kind of reminded me of A-Cha with the silly effects and the fancy outfits and of course, those rooms. It’s like they pulled a Mr. Bro-ho-ho and saved everything from A-Cha and used it here. I mean, I think they look good and everything, but I’m sure for other people who aren’t fans, the videos a bit lackluster. : /

Sorry for the looooong comment!!!
    youtube: thatssumgoodcurry

5. The emPHAsis in on the wrong sylLABle.

Seriously, I was disappointed that Spy won, but this is one of my favorite KMM of all time! I laughed so hard and then I hit replay and watched it again. Awesome job guys!

Obviously, the members of Super Junior would like to get out of the oddly lit room. Why don’t they get out of the oddly lit room? BECAUSE THEY ARE ALL DOUBLE AGENTS! Each one responsible for taking out one of the other members (while trying to avoid taking it in the butt). That is why they don’t leave – their target is still in the room. Soon this dance of deception will end and a bloodbath will ensue when each of the “agents” realize that they can’t take out their mark without being seen. Once they realize this they know that their only option is to destroy ALL of the other members.  Each one thinking that they will have the element of surprise because the members don’t know that they have been compromised. Unfortunately for each of them, ALL of the other members are crooked too.

The drops of blood, the waving and firing of the guns while stuck together in an oddly lit room (which under normal circumstances is not something you want to do in a room full of your compadres), the spinning to keep the other members in their sight at all times…..yes, it all makes sense now…..

My money is on Shindong to be the only member to leave the room. He looks pretty fierce and he has a shotgun. Afterwards he will stroll, whistling as he goes, down Flaxton street and into the shadows.

youtube subscriber: swirlofclouds

6. Each member has their own missions. Eunhyuk is trying to be the leader of SuJu by always being in the limelight and getting into fights with other members. Donghae is trying extremely hard to look as handsome as he can be, so much so that he forgets they’re on a mission. Leeteuk is annoyed but trying to hide it because he feels betrayed that he’s not getting the most attention. Kangin is always trying to hide but all the other members know that so they move him to the front when his part comes. Kyuhyun’s mission is to push everyone out of the way for his solo part. He doesn’t care who he has to step on. Ryeowook’s mission is to have the smoothest and most sensual voice to where everyone falls to the ground when he sings. Shindong is obviously trying to sound the coolest with his part and even has the biggest gun that he points and shoots everywhere as to say “get out of my way”, killing many innocents and causing a ruckus. Sungmin’s mission is sneaking around. He would probably be the best spy. He’s smart and can hit you when you least expect it. Yesung is trying a little too hard by wearing sunglasses even when it’s nighttime obviously putting their spy mission in jeopardy. Siwon knows he’s the best so he’s trying his best to represent the group by being the face of the group, and like you demonstrated in your kpop music monday, Siwon would be the fall of the group by being too obvious. So as you can see, all of their individual missions would make being spies impossible. It’s just too complicated XD

(youtube username: TheFraternization)
    Had to post here because it was too long for youtube. Hope you enjoy it~ ^^

7. Call me crazy, call me maybe.

8. And I like the song! It’s cute, quirky, and awesome!

9. Although I’m not a part of any fandom, especially E.L.F., I’ve always been a big fan of Super Junior because they are the reason why I’m love K-pop. But seriously, SM is totally messing Super Junior up with their black and white backgrounds on their MV’s ever since Sorry Sorry came out, which is totally unattractive. Anyways, I think their secret mission is catching “her”, which alludes to freedom and in the song, freedom was being personified because of the part “she’s fleeting father farther farther away”. The reason why I thought that way is because all K-pop idols don’t tend to have a lot of freedom unlike others from the public eye and I’m pretty sure these K-pop idols want to hold their freedom a.k.a. “her” because they miss it a lot.

10. I liked the parts of the video that used female outlines like the traditional James Bond credits. i found the different sections of the song a little disjointed. I liked the 2 sounds but they didn’t seem like one song. I’m voting for WGs song. They had a better storyline in the video. Not sure how it fit with the song but it was hilarious.

11. I only have one thing to add…

BEST
    TOY-GUN
    EVAAAR!

You should do a “return of the WTF” video about that gun.

Shoot, shoot, lika a watermelon!

12. Don’t take it in the butt! (I’m so glad you heard the same thing I did, Simon)

– Wonder Girls (…I like colorful things)

OMG. HAHAHA Jo Kwon and My Little Pony signal is the most amazing secret weapon EVER.

13. Super Junior’s mission? to warn us about the dangers of “taking it in the butt” and to bore us with another boring video. Mission: Successful

14. My vote is for Super Junior.

15. i think their mission was to copy michael jackson…they do the moonwalk, the dances are almost the same, and also the colors of the video are really similar to michael jackson’s style(and michael himself…xD)

16.  Super Junior – SPY

17. I think that the SuJu members are shrunk into little tiny toy dolls and their mission was to escape from the dollhouse that a human lady has trapped them inside of. Every time the woman is trying to play with them, SuJu shoots her with their little guns (hence the blood drops occasionally) and then Eunhyuk was warning the members to “not kick it (the woman) in the butt” before she gets angry. Or something like that. .__.

YouTube username: PandorazDomo

18. Super Junior’s epic mission was to recover the pants that exo lost.
    youtube: erins1317

19. K.

Oh my!! BEST haiku EVER!!! And I was kind of hoping and praying in my heart of hearts that a soccer ball would hit Simon in the face again while he was dressed as TOP, but…. no luck. :-( Next time though guys, next time. :-)

20. Guys, you no noSing!!

Heartless you! Suju are begging for our help. See, their English songwriter is mean troll ever. With the help of directors he trapped Suju in boxes. And by singing ‘go kick him in the butt’ Suju apply to their fans: to kick that songwriter directly in the butt so Suju finally could get ‘5 out 5’. Because that what their Secret mission is.
    And the song called SPY because again it’s a call to fans to be suspicious and beware of every shadow. They practically show us how to catch him: you don’t need to pull the trigger cause it’s violence and Suju against it (otherwise they would make mv at least a little bit according to the title), so it’s only a trick to frighten the songwriter.
    But poor Suju, they can’t pronounce it properly so it seems like a tutorial how not to take the hand in the butt. And he knew it before, he planned everySing!! Who else but me would tell you this? Their happiness in our hands guys, let’s go and kick him in the butt!

Omg, I rant so much, I’l go to sleep now.
    Username: Kekonugu

21. Spy was my favorite video of the week but I didn’t vote because I thought everyone else would vote for them, and that they were gonna win anyways. Maybe a lot of the other fans were thinking the same thing?

22. I missed Max Time!!! Your rendition of Junsu was…. inaccurately funny!! Haha one of the best Music Mondays ever, but the only thing you guys were missing was the “Ayyyy Girl!!!” and sexy music.

23. omg, I swear, this must be one of the funniest music mondays that I have ever seen. There were parts when I could breathe. You guys have totally made my week. Thank you so much :3
    And now I am so tempted to make a video of all the different powers the kpop groups would have… WHY HAVE YOU DONE THIS TO ME T.T?????

24. their mission to found a way so they can get out from the oddly lit bos like room?
    and really, cant help notice Xia Junsu’s Uncommitted in you lappie bg =D
    and, your scene with a glass of wine.. is that a scene from Uncommitted? lol…
    YT name : one1nee

25. Super Junior’s real mission: getting rid of saesang fans with this song and video.
    YouTube:krysray0212

26. The song, ‘concept’, and MV are horrible! I’m so disappointed by SJ once again!

27. One of the most hilarious mms ever!! ヾ(*´∇`)ノ

28. um and maybe it’s because ELF voted for NU’est because the already knew what you will say about the boxes SM style..:/ juuuust saying

29. After watching your review, I have to say I think SuJu’s super-not-so-secret-SPY mission is super OBVIOUS (btw, I don’t have YT but I just want to say this anyway if it’ll make you awesome people laugh):

Clearly Super Junior wanted to release the dullest music video ever so that Simon and Martina could put their huge thinking caps on, team up with other K-Pop idols, friends, Spudgy and Meemers and MAKE THE VIDEO A THOUSAND TIMES BETTER THAN IT WILL EVER BE.

Let’s face it guys. You gave Super Junior’s “SPY” the best non-existent plot. I think SM’s doing it on purpose or otherwise looking to hire you guys because there is NO WAY the video could have sucked so badly otherwise. GREAT JOB SIMON AND MARTINA. XD

Oh, and … Spudgy in a bowtie. G E N I U S ~

(Also, thanks for pointing out that “highlight” bit – never noticed! XP)

~Lily

30. How funny, I actually like “Spy” and I’m no fan of Super Junior. Yes, the video is pretty much the same as their other videos, but at least they look sharp in those well-tailored suits and are not wearing any weird accessories (which is more than I can say about “Sexy Free And Single”). The song is somehow more to my liking than for instance “Bonamana” or “Sorry Sorry”. The English really is awful, but expected from SM.

• Same!  Though I think it might be because I rly rly love Get Smart :D

(Mr. Simple and Victory Korea are my other favorite Suju songs.)

• Same here! I was super bored by Mr Simple, A CHa, Sexy Free and Bingo… And I wasn’t into SuJu in 1st place, but SPY was quite a good surprise for me.

31.  I died of laughter XD thank’s ~ made my day ^-^

32. Suju’s mission?:D playing the spy,just like a game,hiding behind jacket and shooting with their fingers.:D This reminds me of  the movie Spy Kids  :D this song is just…not serious x)

33. I think their secret mission was quite simple, even Simon got it! (no offense Simon ♥)
    You see, Super Junior really DID say “don’t take it in the butt”, but they later realized that that could possibly cause a choking hazard to fans due to the fact that saliva+sexual references from super junior= coughing, choking, spluttering, and death. Therefore they decided that even though people can hear perfectly well, SM would release officially lyrics stating that we are all in fact hard of hearing and it was actually “Go kick it in the butt!”

But then, a wild fangirl found out about the switch whilst stalking the official meeting outside the window, and proceeded to run to all her fangirl friends to tell them. Just as she was scaling down though, Siwon saw her and immediately knew she had over heard. She took off running as fast as she could, but Siwon used his mind powers to summon the rest of Super Junior, and soon they pursued hot on her tail. Eventually they caught her, sat her down in a chair, and proceeded to dance around in front of her while detailing that they had “got you little runaway”.

When the song came to a close though, and the members backs were turned, she broke free and made a run for it. Unfortunately Sungmin heard her and whipped around, gun extended. She didn’t slow, so he shot and fired and….we don’t know. DUN DUN DUN DUN.

And my username is TheCupcakeLuver ^^

34. I really liked the song but hated the video too. Their secret mission is obviously to brainwash the fans into giving them free food, because they’re always hungry!…oh wait, that might be me…whatever, same thing, right?? :D YouTube username: trinityanddallon

35. I would say Wonder Girls made the better spy because I mean come on at least they went out and went on a mission, SuJu just stayed in their boring awkwardly lit rooms and danced together like they were doing some sort of mating ritual in hopes of attracting the opposite gender.

And my YT name is DemiYori:
    I think SuJu’s secret mission in spy judging by Shindong’s shotgun they are preparing for the zombie apocalypse that would surely start in the ELF fandom, hence the line got you little running away, as the uninfected fans try to escape their shooting rampage.

36. With Spy they could have do such a cool “out-side”-MV :( A little Story, a small Bond-movie.
    Maybe SJ needs a Subgroup as well, with all the less busy members….

37. “…Because we want to share the LOVE.” OH YEAH! I KNOW what you did there S&M. We will be stronger than before. Wait for our LO/Es…:P

38. The reason why Suju nearly lost in this was because some ELFs knew that your reviews of Suju would be the same again and again. After watching this (I skipped most of it) I have to agree. I will vote for them but not watch the review.

• …Is it your way to do your dutie of Nasty citizen? Voting for a video that you don’t want to get reviewed? (cuz I remind you that people have to vote for a VIDEO, not a band) WHY? Don’t you think that videos which are more interesting deserve to win from time to time?

• I will vote for it if I like the video, which I did. If Im voting for it, it means that I want it reviewed…..I just don’t like how the review was so long.

• Well of course their reviews would be the same. SM makes SuJu’s MVs so completely boring and the same to one another that Simon and Martina (and even ELFs) have nothing to review. What can YOU say about this MV other than “they are dancing in an oddly lit room (well, actually this one is pretty well lit) with some special effects a student can do on their laptop?” Nothing right? I mean, a fangirl could go on and on about how hot they are, but watching someone fangirl for 10 minutes would be really boring.

So, tl;dr – there is nothing to review. What the hell are eyk supposed to do? Make something up that is totally irrelevant? Fangirl for 10 minutes?

• Fyi, I dont like them because of their looks and only fangirl about their voices. To me, the MV isn’t the main thing because they’re not actors, so I pay attention to the music and dance more. EYK could talk more about that.

39. AHAHAHA! DONT KICK IT IN THE BUTT!! WOOW now thats all i can hear!

40. Suju are definitely the better spys