U-Kiss – Tick Tack: Kpop Music Mondays

December 19, 2011

Comments

Ladies and gentlemen, this is going to be our last Kpop Music Monday of 2011, and, luckily, this song is AWESOME. Holy snap. U-Kiss is really getting better and better, and lately it seems like we like every song more than the last. This is perhaps their most epic sounding song. “Neverland” sounded like a Kpop song, but this sounds like a Hollywood Summer Blockbuster song, no? Something about it sounds so epic, which brought about our only slight complaint about the video. The video’s not bad, but it’s not good enough for a song this good, know what I’m saying? We’re looking for a adrenaline filled Ukiss rushing to save the day kind of video, but we also know that many kpop bands have gone for the “movie like music videos” and unless the budget is there and the CGI is sound, it can go very very bad. So all in all, we still do like this music video.

If you haven’t seen it yet, here’s the video:

On that note, we’d like to say that – as you can clearly see – we really like this song, but it’s going to be our last Japanese or non-Korean song we’re going to review. We thought when Super Junior M’s Chinese song “Perfection” was voted in for Music Monday it was just a one time thing (but then we also did SHINee’s Japanese remake and now this UKISS song), but it seems with all the foreign language remakes coming out lately, we might start slipping into the “It’s a Kpop Artist But Not A Korean Song Music Mondays!” So in order to stop that from happening, we’re starting 2012 off with a new rule of focusing on Korean songs only!

But…that does mean…we’re taking out all the non-Korean songs from the How To Dance Kpop 2011, so we’ll be adding in an extra day of voting to let people up the votes on their other favourite songs.

Speaking of How to Dance Kpop 2011, you have little over 24 hours left to vote for the best Kpop dances of the year. We’re ending the voting on 11:59PM Tuesday, South Korean time. Vote vote vote!

Anyhow, since this song is so awesome, we’d recommend you support UKISS and click here to buy it! pick it up via YesAsia. Maybe you can give it to someone for Christmas!

Speaking of which, we’re not doing a Kpop Music Monday over the Christmas break this year. We’re spending the Christmas weekend being Christmasy, rather than working. Sorry everyone, we need to recharge for the New Year! We’ll make up for it with How to Dance Kpop 2011, which will come on the Friday. Woot woot!

And, lastly, here are this week’s bloopers. Simon just got a cold, Martina’s cold to be correct, which is why he was so lifeless during this video, but that didn’t stop him from being semi-funny…in a sad hamster kind of way.

Comments

U-Kiss – Tick Tack: Kpop Music Mondays

1. UKISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

2. I vote for U-kiss because i totally loved the dance and song. from IU i only liked the song not that much the dance. I love dancing and love powerful dances which is what got me into K-pop their dance since in the U.s their isnt that many videos with choreography. Anyways~ U-Kiss keeps making me prouder n prouder of being a KissMe they are Amazing also Simon & Martina are Amazing. :D

3. U-KISS U-KISS U-KISS U-KISS U-KISS U- KISS IS BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i vote for u-kiss

4. XD
    I love this song too ^^ And MV is cool but I expected more…^^ U-KISS boys are AMAZING~ Loving them more and more ^^
    Still I love Tick Tack I thing I’m gonna vote for IU(ewww~ XD)
    and Happy Holidays!!! ^^

5. it doesn’t matter if you don’t review any more Japanese songs cos it is Kpop music mondays! but i’m so glad you did SHINee’s Japanese remake cos that’s the reason i found out about you guys!!!

6. IU!!

7. I VOTE TICK TACK!

8. Tick Tack all the way, those boys are to yummy to pass up ^_^

9. Well if you will no longer do Korean bands singing in Japanese, then this is the most awesome way to go out. This is one of the best Kpop groups singing in Japanese, I have ever heard. Love U-KISS, so talented and determined to grow!

10. I was surprised but very happy you guys decided to review Tic Tack because I love love love the song and the music video.

And my vote is 100% going for UKISS’s dance for Tic Tack, while I love IU, UKISS’s just draws my attention more.

11. Yay~ You guys like it ^^ So happy that you reviewed it! And it’s To Lie, not Tonight (although I think that just makes the lyrics more confusing, right?)
    Anyways you guys BE SAFE~ I know the situation at SK is not… awesomez… at the moment… so.. Yeah. Be safe ^^
    Have a merry christmas :3

12. GoOD sucha  good song…. are you sure it says “Tonight”? I listened to it with my brothers and everything and (even though it didn’t make much snese) we decided it sounded more like a “To Lie” … Voting for UKISS btw XP

13. I Love you Guys. You’ve made me embarrassed so, so many times on the buss when i just randomly burst out laughing.
    I totally understand your decision on not showing jpop, though i feel sad about it. BUT i was wondering if you happen to know some awesomely funny people who do videos on jpop and japan, sort of like you do. (Maby your clones who live in japan?)
    And i vote U-Kiss. (How could i vote for iuuuu who discriminates ducks in such a way?!)

14. I’m voting for IU because I’m mesmerized by that dance *0*

15. Gonna vote for U-KISS because Tick Tack was just amazing

16. LOL, and I was wondering what do you mean by referring to Kiseop’s hands, now I get it and I’m DYING WITH LAUGHTER, because you’re OH SO RIGHT and I didn’t even think about it xDDD

17. You guys should have a special day in the month to do foreign music videos like
    foreign MV Friday of the month or something like that… oh and Simon… YOU WORE THAT SHIRT FOR ‘NEVERLAND’!!!!! >< Meh <3 Phineas…
    Anyways… Awesome Kpop…er Jpop Music Mondays! Oh FYI Martina, thank your lucky stars you weren't wear a skirt cuz Simon would have the perfect view to see up ur skirt and to be a perv!

18. i absolutely absolutely ABSOLUTELY LOVEEE and adore this song.
    my favorite ukiss song? definitelyy.
    it just bumped out neverland.
    time to listen to it on replay nao.

and i choosee ukiss.
    i love iu’s song, but i like tick tack cause… its like. more intense.

19. U KISS XD

20. U-kiss

21. there was a face touch in ther lol simon is right there is at least one in every k or j pop video

22. U-KISS all the way!
    I love the shirt Simon. Because its in honor of AJ’s math problem from 0330, is that your official shirt for any time you review a U-KISS song now?
    I know other people pointed this out, but I thought the same until someone pointed it out a while ago/when Kevin posted it on his Twitter, but any time it sounds like they are saying “Tonight,” they are actually saying “To Lie”And on a side note a Jpop (or Jpop/Cpop/English/any other language) music video by Kpop artist/or features a Kpop artist Tuesday would be awesome! Some of my favorite songs/mvs of Kpop artists have actually been their songs in other languages, like BIGBANG’s “Tell Me Goodbye.”

23. That song Martina was singing is turn me on by kevin lyttle

24. U-Kiss’ Tick Tack is no longer in first position, but instead is in last position, and SNSD’s Bad Girl and 4 Minute’s Ready Go are still there, as well as Super Junior’s Perfection. If the idea is to focus on Korean video, why not letting these for spots free for Korean videos that have been submitted and deserve to be in the list? Sorry to rush you, but the voting is nearly over!

25. Jpop Music Tuesdays???? I wouldn’t mind lol. Or maybe Jrock? I think its a nice idea :D

26. Kevin from U-Kiss put down on his twitter that the line is “To lie”, not “Tonight”. So basically, they’re lying throughout the song and my assumption is that inside their hearts it’s dark, not the happy and bright version she sees, and time is ticking away for the girl to realize all the lies  before they leave her.

27. U- Kiss <3 :D

28. UKiss!

29. .i’d like to see a jpop version of music mondays. mostly focusing on the different versions from korean artists and how you feel about a different mv but the ‘same’ song. but also to see your opinions on other artists i love :3

30. U-KISS <3

31. Tick tack is the sound of a clock in Italian too ^^

32. I love this video and song!!!!!!! GO U-KISSSSSSS :)

33. U-Kiss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

34. I mean, the whole “I shall be turning on the broken light” thing? It’s a lie. So it makes perfect sense.

35. I don’t even know what we’re comparing UKISS to but UKISS all the way. Oh wait, You and I? I love IU, but yeah. UKISS.

The lyrics aren’t actually “tonight I shall be here”. In fact, every “tonight” you hear is actually “to lie”. I know it seems weird, but it’s the truth! It actually makes sense in the context of the lyrics though.

36. I vote for U-KiSS’clock video because i lke the song more than IU you and I

37. I vote for U-KISS’ dance :D Go U-KISS, gooo!!! :3

38. Had a minior reading comprehension fail at first and thought you wrote “this is the last Music Mondays” before noticing “for 2011”. D’oh. Anyways, glad to hear it’s just sticking to Kpop in S. Korea (I’m waiting on a group to troll and get ya’ll to review a N. Korean MV at some point cause it would be hilarious. Unless it’s for an awesome April 1st prank?) since there could also just be a lot of repeat songs reviewed. So huzzah for this decision! Enjoy your Christmas holiday!

39. IU :)

40. hahaha, that’s ok Martina, i tried doing the skateboard part of the dance too, and i just looked like a tard ;) luckily no one was around to see it kkkkk. As for the show down, Ukiss definitely has the better clock vid . U-Kiss Hwaiting!