KpopCharts Update: Shinhwa, CNBlue, BtoB

March 31, 2012

Comments

1) Shinhwa “Venus”Vote for them here!

I’m kinda worried about what we said here for Shinhwa. See, back when we started Kpop Music Mondays, we talked about a lot of bands that we weren’t really familiar with. As time passed we got to know them more, understand them better, and kind of get to appreciate the inside culture of their fandoms. We’re more comfortable now with our Music Mondays than we were back when we started. Talking about Shinhwa today kinda brings us back to those first few reviews, when we still felt new. Shinhwa doesn’t really mean anything to us. We know they’re legendary, and that they mean a lot to other people, but they are before our time, and so they don’t really resonate with us. Sure, they resonate with lots of other people, but they don’t really seem to resonate with our KpopCharts audience, either. No servers are crashing for them. No votes are getting flooded. And so, they’re not having as big an impact as we thought they might, but we’re not surprised.

Long story short, we can only talk about Shinhwa based on the song we heard today…which is alright. Nothing really that takes us by storm. And the video is of confident men rather than of growing boys…so…yeah. Decent song, we guess!

2) CNBlue “Hey You”Vote for them here!

Last week we talked about CNBlue and couldn’t really say much about their video, which was cool for being artistically shot, but not something to really talk about. This video is much more up our alley! So many white people! Wow! Seriously: how did they get on set for that? What company do they work for? I’m hoping that one of you reads our blog and can answer this question for us. Come on! Don’t be shy! And – you potential trolls – don’t use this as an opportunity to pretend you were there just to lead us on. PICS OR IT DIDN’T HAPPEN!

3) BtoB “Insane”Vote for them here!

BATOOBA

BATOOBA

BAOOTBA

BATOOBA

Kpop: stop making ridiculous names. Seriously. This is such a bizarre WTF name that I can’t even concentrate on anything else apart from my sheer confusion for stupid names. It’s like you eat alphabet soup and poop out band names. Stop it already.

Comments

Kpop Charts Update

KpopCharts Update: Shinhwa, CNBlue, BtoB

1. I’m not sure what to say but… I love you Guise. I wait for Tuesday every week to see you k-pop music Monday. (and WANKing, of course) and I’m feel awful to see many discourage comments about this week video. But I gotta say We all can make mistake. You done yourselves this time. I agree with some comment below such as you video is not fun as it used to be. (which i ask myself why too. In some older video, I laughed my side-sore) and Please do some research next time (which i know you do and just tried to be funny). For the sexual related jokes, I don’t know since i’m Asian and not Korean. Sometime is funny and sometime is just plain dead. Maybe reconsider your script more.

The reason I started to follow your blog is you dare to make fun of K-pop Band. That’s right. In my country, we love K-pop in younger generation. it expand their fan base more and more, which I find disturbing at that time I just new to K-pop and saw many Thai artist follow K-pop footstep. Enough story about me. One day I tried to find some M/V to watch and I found you Guise. and Boy, I love it ! How you make fun of K-pop M/V that is what I’m looking for to see other side of it that fan girl won’t approve. (So keep making fun of them even it have to be BigBang or VIP)

Thanks for being part of my life that introduce me to Korean culture, music and many more.

Please Don’t feel bad about other comment so much, refresh yourselves and  keep on making good quality video. ^U^

P.S. Sorry for my Simon-Won’t-Approve English. I haven’t use it properly for long time….

2. Hi Simon & Martina,
    yeah, i don’t know anything about Shinhwa either, other than that they sounded very familiar and were suppose to be a very big group when I was younger. And yeah, i agree, they are really the “man-band” now, compared to the innumerous boybands that sprouting up like crazy with their flower boys (and wedding bouquet what nots!). But that generation gap aside, i must say their comeback with Venus is still cool. Given that they have been away (for more than a couple of years?), I really dun expect them to return crashing servers like before. But their performance of Venus is still unmistakably that of the pros on stage to me. Welcome back, Shinhwa! Storm up Kpop again!

3. Firstly, you guys are the fans and this is Simon and Martina’s blog. You don’t have the right to say anything about their opinion, you can only disagree. They were totally respectful while giving their opinion. And really, their opinion wasn’t even harsh. They said they don’t know them so they are just like any other band to them. Since they don’t know them, they have to judge them based on their talent and not their legendary status. Venus didn’t leave an impression on them which is fine. I like Venus a lot personally, regardless of the fact that the group is a legend or not. This is how you should judge a song/video.You need to put aside fandoms and judge songs and videos objectively. Simon and Martina are very good about putting aside the fandoms and being object, judging songs/videos by how good they are rather then how popular groups are even when it comes to bands they love. And honestly that’s what you all should do. I frowned a little when Simon and Martina called them old, but it’s all in good fun it’s not like they were being malicious and saying “your too old, go away”. It’s a fact that they are older compared to other boy bands but I like this about them. If you don’t like what they have to say, just leave.

Secondly, I’m 20. I’m young. I think it’s a fact that us EYKs are of the younger generation and therefore we don’t know much about Shinhwa. They didn’t crash the site, but they did make it to the number 3 spot even when their not well known to some of us, so I think that shows talent. (Which Simon and Martina NEVER implied that they don’t have talent.)

And to all of you telling Simon and Martina they’re harsh in their video, it’s called humor. You have to find things to make fun of and it’s all in good fun. Simon and Martina are not malicious people, unlike some of you guys trying to make them feel shitty over nothing. I thought the “Venus” “penis” thing was hilarious and if you didn’t find it funny that’s fine, but if your gonna be malicious no one ever said you had to watch these videos. We don’t want you here.

Simon and Martina, you guys are great. I think what you do is awesome. It’s thanks to you guys that I discovered my love for k-pop. You guys have introduced me to so much awesome music, you keep me updated, make me laugh hysterically, and give me an outlet for k-pop loving all the way here in America where I have basically no k-pop loving friends. Being famous has it’s up and downs but don’t ever let it get you too down, because you’ll always have people who support you not matter what. Stay strong <3 hwaiting! Your my luv uh! uh! uh! uh! uh! uh! Venus (or penis, you're preference)

Ps. I totally want to see this video get reviewed after all this drama.

• I agree!

And, thank you for explaining Bilasa in another post.  I’m a new person for knowing now. LOL.

• Just…just come here…come on. GROUP HUG!!!! Get in here Spudgy… *SQUISH*

• Group hug! =D

The awesomeness of getting a reply from you guys overwhelmed me. Virtual group hug… I would die from awesome overload, but then I’d miss K-Pop Music Mondays tomorrow and that just will not do.

4. ROFL BATOOBA XDDD

5. You guise know when watching a simonandmartina video you will hear their opinion on a subject! Their own personal opinion if you don’t like to hear and respect their opinions then don’t watch ^-^ I wuv you Spudgy , Martina and Simon <3

• I’m tired of this “don’t like don’t watch” attitude …. Simon and Martina express their opinions, post videos for people to see. Viewers are as much entitled to their opinion as Simon and Martina, and their way of expressing themselves is through comments and like or dislike button. Blogs are made for exchange of opinions.
      I find most of the responses here and on YT respectful and articulated in their thoughts. Simon asked for viewers opinions in the video as well.
      I watch and appreciate S&M for a long time now, and it is because I care about them that I bother to post my thoughts. Otherwise I would not waste time typing and thinking.
      On this particular video I disagree with them, but that doesn’t meen I don’t respect their opinions. Exchange of opinions makes people grow.

• Okay ^-^ hehe I agree with your point, but I think some people went to extreme with their opinions …..it just made me sad that they were attacking S&M TT A TT

6. This is the first Shinhwa’s song i’ve ever heard, not expecting anything at first. But then, i love it so much! It grews on me surprisingly quick. After watching the video (like,.. ten times :p), i just dive in to their past and current variety shows. They are funny as hell!! I guess they are born to be entertainers and that doesn’t age. Comparing them to NKOTB is kinda unfair, bcs when NKOTB occured their comeback single “Summertime”, they are too old for that single. It doesn’t really fit their age and leave the pedobear impression to me. kkkk sorry, just my opinion. But Shinhwa members are still on their early 30s, so if you compare them to BSB or NSYNC or Westlife, that is fair. Bcs i consider Mark from Westlife is still hot (though his gay, but its ok :’) ). IMO, Venus fits the man-band concept and Shinhwa still manage to have their charisma among kpop fans, not only fan in their time. And, i guess Venus is climbing up to number 3 on your chart, right? :))

7. yes, the playlist mode is broken.
    the latest Kcrunch coctail also was like this…

talking about SHINHWA once again. I do not think that Simon and Martina were mean because they said about Shinhwa’s impact on nowadays kpop charts as irrelevant. I think they were a bit mean because they seemed to talk too ironicly –> it looked like they were forced to say something nice but they didn’t want to.
    I love sarcasm but it is passive aggressive behaviour. and people who are Shinhwa’s Changjo took it into themselves.

on the other hand, I do not think that flame-war here would help. stop fighting with mean words. it is for nothing and only show your frustration. it won’t help – but instead will show you as immature people.

btw, I also do not understand BILASA :(
    :D

8. I dun know why i felt ‘offended’ by S&M views on SHINHWA. I personally barely knew them. I just knew eric becoz he is an actor for Que sera sera and Muyng Wol the Spy and Andy for the Season 1 We Got Married… I never knew their past song and what I feel when reading on ur post is like u guys just dont give any space for them… U guys also barely knew them but SERIOUSLY guys i hope U guys can be more open minded… TQ… I love VENUS aka PENIS…. hahaha

9. JP

hmmm the playlist doesn’t work too great this time. It plays your videos in playlist mode, but omitts the musicvideos.

10. JC

wow, you just dissed Shinhwa.  If this words gets out you’ll never get another interview with KPOP anything in the future.  You guys are really, really clueless about the almost mythical status of Shinhwa has not just with all current KPOP idols but the entire nation of Korea.  You best hope this video doesn’t get viewed by a real Korean in the industry.   You’ll be shunned everywhere… hope you can keep this going w/o actually going anywhere close to actual KPOP stars or insiders. Let’s see if the U-Kiss boys will even look at you after seeing this travesty.

11. I understand Batooba and Batoost… but I don’t get Bilasa.  I feel like I’m so slow on picking up the joke.  I hope someone explains. Thanks. :D

•  B1A4 – There are two difference number systems in Korean and in one of them, 1 is il (pronounce eel) and 4 is sa (pronounced sah) hence BILASA!!!

12. is no one mentioning SM using the poorly lit room for shinwha and that the girl floating at the end was scary..lol.. good song though!

• are you serious? Shinhwa left SM a long time ago *headdesk*

• im sorry im not knowledgable about SHINHWA.. but they were in SM so they def had some influence on them .. hence the poorly lit room.. hope your head doesnt hurt from the desk.. jeez kids these days..

13. fun fact back in the day was a Wednesday!  hahaha just thought id lighten the mood

14. CUBE needs to hire a new stylist… BtoB looks EXACTLY like B2ST

15. omg S and M i made a comment how i thought your review of shinee’s vid was more enthusiastic than your big bang.. i was just joking and stuff and people started replying and freaking out that I thought bb was better than shinee. and i was like well i do like BB better but just an opinion. and people kept freaking out so i had to delete the comment. so now I understand what you go through because It was one comment and a couple of replies but these fans are crazy! you cant have your own opinion they stress out major.. I feel bad for you cause a ton of people were commenting about your shinhwa review.. im not knowledgable about them because they werent together when i got into kpop but the song is catchy and they are cute and probably closer to my age than daesung *my husband*, but yea so stay strong and to all the Changjo’s,,, i understand your upset but give them a break. they were just saying…there opinion.. everyone is entitled.. just like i think Daesung should marry me.. you may disagree,,,,lol

• Haha sorry to hear about your bad experience! The worst part about this is that we don’t even dislike Shinhwa! We were literally talking about our personal kpop chart ranking and joking about their age! TOTALLY JOKING but now even if we got to know Shinhwa’s music, the crazy fans would be like, “YOU’RE FAKING IT!! AGHHHH!” if we don’t like them, “YOU DON’T UNDERSTAND HOW GREAT THEY ARE! ARGGHHHH!!” You really can’t win at this point. This is really the ugly side of kpop fandoms. Next time we meet Daesung, I’ll put in a good word for you! ^^

16. dear Simon let me clarify you regarding the names of kpop bands
    they are called backronims (I think it’s spelled like that) check it on wikipedia and there is a hole article there
    and b2st is not read batoost as you say since 2 in Korean is 이 you read it  비르트 (I think that is how you spell it in Korean)
    so… hope this clarifies some misunderstandings :D

• no that is not how you spell it in Korean.. and he says Batoost at a joke.. its funny ..we get that its Beast and its not BILASA but they are bloggers they entertain us.. thats why they joke.. and its 비스트

17. omg i thought i was the only late 20’s that loved kpop! thank God im not alone!!

18. ok even though Shinhwa didnt get a lot of votes and I agree with Simon on his point,,, I actually liked the song a lot! .. i hadnt really listened to kpop when i was younger so i didnt know them too well but in reality they are probably at the age that I should be swooning over since the other band’s members (like shinee or exo) that I love are way to young for me lolol… im a noona ..lol

19. 1. Vussy — i died haha 2. S Club 7 Reference… wow i havent heard about them in forever THROW back!  i love it!

20. I wonder if you guys will do a TLDR one of these days about fandoms and the comments you guys get.

• We’d love to talk about this for a TL;DR.  Boy, do we have a lot to say about it :D

• I think they need to be asked the question on the Moderator page before we can vote up…

•  I’ve just made asked a question. Don’t think it will be answered soon, but it’s there. ^.^

21. yes… we’re called BOICE ^w^….

22. The thing about the V is that koreans in general have problems speaking the V and most times comes like a P or B… Trying seeing Infinite’s Nothing’s Over to see what I mean. S&M are not saying that Shinhwa speaks venus wrong, but that many will… it’s the same with the F sound. Ever heard in tv someone calling Fei from Miss A or Tiffany from SNSD? They speak the F like a P…

• A good example of this is when Jo Kwon was doing the intro for BoA’s Hurricane Venus song and he pronounced V as P.

23. Why are people calling Simon and Martina ignorant? I see their point. Shinhwa’s a well respected band and they even acknowledged that fact. They weren’t being rude or disrespectful but they were trying to be playful. It’s the same attitude they have with all of their other videos. People don’t exactly get butthurt when they make fun of other idol groups, do they?
    In my opinion, Simon does have a point. Although Shinhwa’s INCREDIBLY popular, their fans from several years ago have all grown up. However, I’m not saying that they’ve lost their fan base. The fans that have grown into their late twenties are thirties have MATURED (I need to caps lock for emphasis). They have jobs and families now and less time for stalking their idols, going to concerts, or dedicating shrines towards Shinhwa. People who are obsessed and stalk their idols are typically students who do not have to focus on work and stuff. Adults are generally more busy, I’m assuming? Yes, I agree there are a lot of fans still, but there won’t be a lot of super FANATICS, which is what we see normally from SHINee, Super Junior, 2PM, etc. It’s us fanatics who repeatedly vote for our favourite obsessions that allow them to win, whether it was on eatyourkimchi or any other site. And whether people like it or not, companies and businesses love promoting groups that have more obsessed fans, because that equals more $$$.

24. But now you are adding words to my mouth and that’s not fair. I never talked about how popular or legendary Shinhwa is or that the song is AMAZING, so your points are kinda invalid to my comment.

I have also lived in Korea for over two years and even teach children, and for the record I have never heard my students mistaken the word Venus as Penis before, especially when the word venus exists directly in Korean. Maybe I’m surrounded by students who have good pronunciations, but that has never been the case.

but I’m glad that we can at least agree that there is nothing wrong with confident men though.

•  i never added any words to your mouth. i said shinhwa is not as popular or legendary as “their fans” (not grace hong) would like everyone else to believe.   perhaps i shouldn’t have used that comment as a reply to your comment but i was just making my point as to why simon and martina may think they are “irrevelant”.  i understand the impact they’ve had on kpop but artistically speaking they don’t much for me.  i admire the loyalty of the shinhwa fans but you shouldn’t expect everyone else to feel the same way – including simon and martina.  it’s great that you had students with excellent english pronounciation skills but if you lived in korea for that long you of all people should know that many koreans do mix up the V sound for a B/P. i’m not sure if you’ll be able to read this person’s note on facebook but read #4 if you can https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=2210324107.  in case you can’t see it, the note is called “top 10 quotes from korean students/teachers and it says “4. “You look like Penis” -Korean kid to my woman co teacher (he meant she looks like Venus)”.  if you’re still not convinced hear infinites “nothing’s over”

btw, your first paragraph in reply to my comment just proved my point and their point.

• I see how you can say that, but you read my comment wrong. When I emphasized AMAZING, i wasn’t STATING that it was amazing and that EVERYONE should think it was amazing.  you just kind of inferred that and maybe it was my mistake for writing it in that way. I was trying to sarcastic and be an enthusiastic fan girl, but that didn’t carry out very well. oh the world of the interwebs.

anyways,
        I honestly don’t want to keep arguing with you because I know that whatever I say is not going to change your mind since you are adamant about S&M being able to state their opinions, and I am completely fine with that. You’re right, this is S&M’s blog and they can say what they want.

i’m not trying to get S&M to change their opinions – I even said that in my original post. I’m not God or a dictator.
        S&M said they know Shinhwa’s ‘legendary’, but don’t really know why – all I asked for S&M was get to know them, instead of spewing out and implying random things about them to the EYK fanbase. That’s why I want Shinhwa to win for music mondays, so S&M can learn about why Shinhwa is ‘legendary.’

As for the V/B/P sound, for a Korean, who knows the song’s name is a Venus and is speaking in Korean, they will never pronounce it as penis. 비너스, 피너스 – there is a huge difference. Now maybe if they were in a setting when they had to speak english, it’s might be different, like your example.
        So maybe I was wrong, but I still stand by my comment about how only immature people would notice venus = penis.

• In the old (McCune-Reischauer) Romanization, 비 was Romanized as “pi” because the Korean /b/ sound at the outset of a word is a bit harder than /b/ in English, and so quite close to /p/ in English. This is why the surname 박 is commonly romanized as “Park”. In the old Romanization, 피 — now (officially) Romanized as “pi”, used to be “p’i” or “phi”, showing strong aspiration (notably stronger than in English). Thus, to the untrained English-hearing ear, 비너스 does sound like “penis” (especially since English does not have the unrounded front vowel).

25. It really bothers me how you spelt “they’re” wrong.

26. I’m 33 now started listening to Shinhwa when I was 19 and it was one of the first groups that I got into when I first started listening to Kpop.  For the most part I think EYK is gear towards the 30 and below group.  For the group that is around 30 and above, we tend to be lurking in the background and not constantly vote and so it won’t be the best indicators..  The Shinhwa fans have all grown up, have kids, in the workforce now and for the most part been most loyal to this group. I respect your opinion on this but I would have to disagree you will having judge an idol group by how much traffic you get for a particular group and to note who their target audience group Shinhwa is mainly focusing and it’s their loyal fans. But to each to their own opinion. I really do enjoy all your videos Simon and Martina and I really am glad you stick to your guns on your opinions because it is your opinions and that is what makes your site works. All opinions in one way or another going to offend someone. Sigh.

27. Grow up.

28. I agree.  We’re working on redesigning the site, and just spoke with our developers about different design ideas.  This will definitely be a feature :D

29. simon and martina please never stop doing videos with “YOUR” opinion – even if this means making fun of BIGBANG. even if you destroy them to pieces i would much rather hear an honest opinion then some ass kissing.

• well, your opinion counts more i guess because people reeeeaaallly respect your opinion.

30. simon and martina, please read!!! for you own benefit!! :)

31. It is because of groups like Shinhwa that idols such as SHINee and B1A4 exist! If there was no starter generation of idol groups then the flood of idols today would not exist. Shinhwa did more for the music industry than any of these idol groups will do in their lifetime. Just because the site didn’t crash doesn’t mean they shouldn’t be given the same amount of attention as ANY one of these idols today.

32. S Club 7?

33. Way to get butt hurt really easily people….Simon and Martina are just stating this as a people who got into the Hallyu wave late. It doesn’t mean they disrespect them any less; they just honestly don’t know who Shinhwa is. I didn’t either when this song went up on their chart so I googled them….I love this song, but you are going way too far….who are you to “demand an apology” from them? Honestly you are having a negative effect on new listeners to Shinhwa like me. However, I not gonna be one of those people that because they don’t like the fan base say that they don’t like the group. Simon and Martina do this for fun, I’m pretty sure they don’t do this to purposely bash on k-pop idols, so please be respectful to them and act your age.

34. I have to admit that you know more about K-pop than me, but you don’t know sh*t about ShinHwa. Over the past 14 years, they’ve been through a lot together and actually survived sabotage by South Korean powerhouse SM entertainment. They have something special that they can share with their fans and you will never understand. So can you please STFU

‘Shinhwa doesn’t really mean anything to us.’ > yeah, you really mean nothing to them, too.

• Think about it, you guys are kind of well know and it’s the same thing that happens when someone well know says something that disappoints people or that people disagree with. You guys make fun of groups all the time but this is the first time I’ve seen you guys be so mean even in your replies. I get it’s because of what people are saying but you’ve gotten pretty mean opinions before and you’ve been the better person. You are making it seem as it’s a Shinhwa fanbase only type deal. I remember something like this happening with another of the videos you reviewed [can’t remember who it was, maybe Girls Generations?] where people were going crazy too but you guys weren’t like this. Shinhwa is one of the groups I love [not my favorite but one of] and you have made fun of the other groups I like but this one felt different. I don’t know how else to explain it lol

• We’ve been more forceful in our responses to people this time.  Why? Because we always back away.  People rant, people throw darts and hurl insults, and we always just tell ourselves not to worry about it, move on, and we usually just back away.  So now we feel like defending ourselves, and not even by hurling back insults, but by forcefully and thoughtfully stating our opinions.

No, we didn’t slink away this time, and I don’t think we’ll do so again.

35. I’ll be honest, I don’t know much about Shinhwa since I started liking kpop around 2008… but I am in my late twenties and feel less like a pedophile when I watch this group :D They’re really good too… and I really like this song!

36. I’ve calmed down from the initial rage, so I’ll try to do
    this civilly. As a Shinhwa ChangJo, I’ll try not to let Shinhwa down by using
    expletives. I don’t hate on the guy, he’s pretty funny (on the second watch, I
    actually giggle at the way he said “manband”), but you guys ask for opinions in
    the comments so here is mine. First, are you guys nitpicking on the “V” and the “P” in Venus as a joke? It must be a joke to nitpick on that for a title song. Then you guys say “Shinhwa
    is only relevant in the past” I can’t agree. Considering the fact they
    are the only Kpop band to last 14 years and make a pretty darn successful
    comeback (maybe not “successful” like “newer” group but that’s a
    given with how kpop is run by teenage angst nowadays) They are paving the way
    for current boy bands and telling them that it IS possible to break the 5 year
    idol curse and, as long as your fans are there, you can continue to stand
    on stage after military. How, then, are they “irrelevant”? Maybe it’s
    my bias coming through, but I think these newer groups are lucky they have a
    role model like Shinhwa, to do all these solo activities and still stay
    together as one group and make good music under the group’s name, perhaps even their
    own company. Of course, unless you guys are speaking in the context of “popularity”
    relevance because that’s what I get a lot from this video – the huge amount of
    emphasis on popularity and age. The implication I get is that “you’re old, you
    don’t matter like the young kids, don’t make music” and that “music is only for the young”. Also your demographic is
    mostly younger teens that have the time to sit at their desk and vote mindlessly
    compared to Shinhwa’s audience who are mostly in the working force. Perhaps if
    you’ve given a review on the substance of the song/album, and don’t like it, I
    probably won’t get so worked up, but as you can see, ever since Shinhwa’s
    announcement of a comeback, we’ve (Shinhwa ChangJo, the “butthurt Shinhwa fans” who have waited 4 years loyally for their return, as you ignorantly refer us to along with
    some other made up fanclub name) had to deal with younger fans talking shit
    about how our oppas are too old they need to get the fuck out of the kpop
    scene, yeah…your video is like adding on to it. It’s sad you guys put an expiration date on your idols/bands/music. Btw, I’m 19 and am a SHCJ, so stop it with the generalization of all SHCJ being mothers with kids and talking as if they’re about to die from being “old”. And you should know (or probably already does) that when it comes to stats on sales and whatnot, there is only so much international fandom can do in comparison to the k-fandom…and these voting things, SHCJ has already come to terms that we won’t be able to beat the fans of younger idol groups, but we still do because we support our oppas. You shouldn’t base what Shinhwa is all about on how your chart rankings is and age as you do in this video. Anyway, it’s my two cents. Hope it’ll help
    you understand some of the butthurt Shinhwa ChangJos’ sentiments and rage. SHCJ is a very peaceful fanbase, but when
    it comes to Shinhwa or SHCJ themselves, SHCJ are fiercely loyal and sometimes aggressive in the way we behave and we’ve been this way for 14
    years and some later than 14 years. So I apologize for whatever threats you’re receiving from other angry SHCJs, and though I respect your opinion, I don’t agree with it.

37. so if it means that you are old, than I’m too old XD I’m 25 and I’m thinking the same, they are awesome and sexy and I’m happy that they don’t look like boys, but men. Guess that’s because I’m over 20 and I feel awkward to like my bias in other groups who are just turned legal XD I mean, I can only say to half of Super Junior ‘Oppa’, and I won’t talk about B2ST, U-Kiss or all the others XD (Just thinking about NU’EST, four of them are nine years younger than me.. T__T)

38. you have under estimated the power of shinhwa changjo. I found your review on shinhwa disrespectful, distasteful, and just ignorant.

• And I found that many of the Shinhwa changjo are just as “disrespectful, distasteful, and just ignorant”.

39. Actually, I’m one of those who didn’t know much about Shinhwa before this comeback. I wasn’t expecting to go WUAAAH over them, but I did :P they’re so freakin’ awesome!!!

40. I actually really like Venus :)