KpopCharts Update: Shinhwa, CNBlue, BtoB

March 31, 2012

Comments

1) Shinhwa “Venus”Vote for them here!

I’m kinda worried about what we said here for Shinhwa. See, back when we started Kpop Music Mondays, we talked about a lot of bands that we weren’t really familiar with. As time passed we got to know them more, understand them better, and kind of get to appreciate the inside culture of their fandoms. We’re more comfortable now with our Music Mondays than we were back when we started. Talking about Shinhwa today kinda brings us back to those first few reviews, when we still felt new. Shinhwa doesn’t really mean anything to us. We know they’re legendary, and that they mean a lot to other people, but they are before our time, and so they don’t really resonate with us. Sure, they resonate with lots of other people, but they don’t really seem to resonate with our KpopCharts audience, either. No servers are crashing for them. No votes are getting flooded. And so, they’re not having as big an impact as we thought they might, but we’re not surprised.

Long story short, we can only talk about Shinhwa based on the song we heard today…which is alright. Nothing really that takes us by storm. And the video is of confident men rather than of growing boys…so…yeah. Decent song, we guess!

2) CNBlue “Hey You”Vote for them here!

Last week we talked about CNBlue and couldn’t really say much about their video, which was cool for being artistically shot, but not something to really talk about. This video is much more up our alley! So many white people! Wow! Seriously: how did they get on set for that? What company do they work for? I’m hoping that one of you reads our blog and can answer this question for us. Come on! Don’t be shy! And – you potential trolls – don’t use this as an opportunity to pretend you were there just to lead us on. PICS OR IT DIDN’T HAPPEN!

3) BtoB “Insane”Vote for them here!

BATOOBA

BATOOBA

BAOOTBA

BATOOBA

Kpop: stop making ridiculous names. Seriously. This is such a bizarre WTF name that I can’t even concentrate on anything else apart from my sheer confusion for stupid names. It’s like you eat alphabet soup and poop out band names. Stop it already.

Comments

Kpop Charts Update

KpopCharts Update: Shinhwa, CNBlue, BtoB

1. so if it means that you are old, than I’m too old XD I’m 25 and I’m thinking the same, they are awesome and sexy and I’m happy that they don’t look like boys, but men. Guess that’s because I’m over 20 and I feel awkward to like my bias in other groups who are just turned legal XD I mean, I can only say to half of Super Junior ‘Oppa’, and I won’t talk about B2ST, U-Kiss or all the others XD (Just thinking about NU’EST, four of them are nine years younger than me.. T__T)

2. you have under estimated the power of shinhwa changjo. I found your review on shinhwa disrespectful, distasteful, and just ignorant.

• And I found that many of the Shinhwa changjo are just as “disrespectful, distasteful, and just ignorant”.

3. Let’s not hate on Simon and Martina. If Shinwha is not your bias or you just heard about them, you probably would not be as excited as the noonas or older fans. Shinhwa’s song Venus is catchy and good but their performance was not up to par. However, I appreciate that they still perform and are there for their dedicated fans.

4. haha glad i’m not the only person who noticed all the white people. i seriously think that cnblue were the only non white people on that set. that’s pretty much all i could focus on when watching this mv xD

5. Shinhwa isn’t well-known outside Korea I think. and your audience consists of foreigners mostly :)
    but you have to watch latest Music Bank on KBS… all those people shouting “Shinhwa” and singing along. I have never seen something like this on Music Mondays, even when TVXQ performed.
    and, somehow, this is very refreshing that they are my age and still perform as an idol  group. all nowadays idol groups consist of boys and girls nearly a decade younger than me >.<

6. Batooba give me a very Batoost feel in terms of sound and look. Maybe cause they’re from the same company..but the song’s rather catchy~ XD I like it.

And I can’t say the same for Shinhwa. It’s great they’re back but somehow I feel like they’re worn out and tired…I don’t know..but that’s what I feel from that MV.

7. I should probably tell you that S Club 7 is getting back together for a summer tour and possibly a new record deal. Come on, you didn’t want to join the ‘S Club Party’?

As for Shinhwa not applying to a younger demographic, I am 21 years old. I haven’t quite gotten to the age where I think I should be calling myself  a ‘noona’ but if going by your standards, should I be?

One more thing- the name of Shinhwa’s fan club is ‘Shinhwa Changjo’. I am quite offended as a fan that you take the time to research other aspects of K-Pop whereas a simple google or wikipedia search could have told you the name.

8. I like Shinhwa alot ..The new CD is great better then the last…I have been listing to Kpop for 7yrs now. They r not one of my OMG groups but I like them just the same. My granddaughter not so much she is 2yrs old and love’s Big Bang. Fantastic Baby she can’t get enough of.

9. I like the MAN BAND! :P

10.  ok away from all the drama her ..
    i would like to say that i really love CN blue and yes cn blue music is so ammmm how can i say it cn blueeeyyy ><

11. I actually really like Venus :)

12. Actually, I’m one of those who didn’t know much about Shinhwa before this comeback. I wasn’t expecting to go WUAAAH over them, but I did :P they’re so freakin’ awesome!!!

13. Being 16 and not Korean, I’ve heard of Shinwa but never listened to them.
    BUT VENUS. I LOVE IT.
    ARGHH. I don’t know who to vote for now D:

14. I really like Shinhwa’s song, but I don’t think I could ever fangirl over a bunch of 30 year olds. :s But I’m sure these guys were hawt several years ago.

• I think Shinhwa is not the “one” for you, but trust me sometimes you fangirl over ppl as old as ur parents…e.g. Cha Seung Won, he’s SO sexy! ;)

•  So when your idols grow a little older you will stop being their fan?

• No that’s not it. I’ll still like them because when they’re older, I’ll be older as well continuing to like and listen to their music. Like Martina said, older fans of New Kids on the Block get excited over their comeback, so I think it will be the same for me just with BigBang and SHINee.

• And a few years from now when Big Bang turns 30 and a lot of the younger kids running around and saying they should stop making music, what will your reaction be? Will you sit back and watch as people tell your oppas are not fit to make music on the basis of age and not musicality? This is what SHCJ are having to deal with right now.

• My reaction would be “I don’t care what these kids say, I’ll always like BigBang.” It’ll really no different that what the Shinhwa fans are saying right now.
          **Note how I never said anything to bash Shinhwa, I actually praised them for this song.