Eat Your Sushi – Martina’s Revenge

May 16, 2016

Comments

Hi everyone!

Well, it felt like we had to do it. After feeding Martina last week, we saw people wanted us to try it the other way around, so Martina was able to get her sweet revenge on me this week. Sweet isn’t the right word for it, though. It didn’t taste sweet. The bean mochi were a bit sweet, but that’s about it. That mayo was so TANGY. I don’t remember Canadian mayo tasting so flavorful. That noodle bun, though, is actually not half bad. I had it back when we were in Osaka last year. The concept of noodles within a bun seemed ridiculous, but it’s quite delicious. I was pleasantly surprised. I’d recommend eating it without a bottle of mayonnaise dumped on it. The mayo kinda dampens the deliciousness of the bun.

Also, like we mentioned in the video, this is the last Eat Your Sushi episode for a couple of weeks or so. Martina’s flying out this Wednesday and will come back at the end of May. I’ll still be here in Tokyo watching over Spudgy and Meemers. I would have gone with her, but we don’t have anyone to take care of our animals. So, this will be the longest we’ve ever been apart. A few years ago she had to go back to Canada on family matters, and Martina was just gone for a week. It was a rough week, for those of you who remember the Ice Cream video. This is gonna be two weeks, the longest we’ve ever been apart. In other words, it was nice knowing you. Remember me as I once was: happy and playful, crass and gross, and with celery dangling from my mouth. I’ll be an empty shell of my former self by the time Martina comes back. Remember me.

Ok I don’t want to end this blog post off all sad and shit. Congratulations to this week’s winners! Please send us an email if you’ve won. And we’ve got a fun video coming out this week as well. Yesterday, we also had a fun day filming a couple of videos with Strawburry17, and those should be coming up soon as well. Woot!

Comments

Eat Your Sushi

Eat Your Sushi – Martina’s Revenge

1. Hello :D I hope your trip home was ok, Martina. I was wondering when the store would be open again? I understand if it takes a while as you are in a different country and all :P
    Kind Regards
    …hmm that’s more of a letter thing.
    anyway Thanks

2. I can pretty much list all the midnight segments because I too cook food at midnight/stupid o’clock. The joys of being a final year student! There was dakgalbi, chia seed pudding, Korean fish cake and how to make eggnog; and then chocolate tofu pudding and coconut oil chocolate on Open the Happy!

Martina I hope everything’s okay and I wish your family the best!! Simon I wish for you to maybe do a cheeky fallout 4 gameplay!!

Much love!

3. Where is that arcade?!! In Japan now on our honeymoon and my husband would love to check it out!

4. Hey guys!

Martina, I hope all is okay with you and your family, best of luck for the next two weeks!

I love your hair Rainbow Sailor Martina, is Dan back from the greatest country to ever be called England yet?

Also, I would answer the question but I think Claire Frisk has that licked (besides, I could only think of eggnog and chia seed from the top of my head anyway!)

5. Hey guys!

Martina I hope all is okay with you and your family, best of luck for the next two weeks!

Big love,

Ollie

6. The simplest solution to the toilet issue is that every one puts the seat and the lid down after use. Every single time. Lid down is the neutral position. This means objects can’t fall in, critters can’t use it as an extra water dish and everyone has to follow the same set of rules. Problem solved. Sorry about the link in my other post. I forget that’s a problem in high traffic sites.

7. Hi Simon & Martina,

I’d send a letter but I don’t know how long it’d take to get from California to Japan. I really do hope that everything will be okay with your family & that you’ll both be okay for the two weeks that you’re apart.

I just wanted to say that you guise are really amazing & I really admire your courage for just putting yourselves out there. There are so many more petty & mean people in this world compared to the minority number of kind and generally nice people and the Internet gives even those normally nice people the anonymity to say things they’d never say IRL. I read that you guise were getting actual death threats & decided to stop your KPop Music Monday’s because of it. That’s so horrible because the vids were so creative, fun & informative. I love them (Mordney Present!) & am grateful that I can watch them again & again lol, bloopers & all. I still consider myself new to your channel & have really enjoyed learning all about KPop, life in S.Korea, all the delicious food, your travels around the world & how nice people can be through your Live Chat sessions. I’m really looking forward to your adventures in Japan: from the fantastic food, exotic sights or simply about how nice your awesome neighbors are. It makes me smile seeing you guise so happy, even if you’re having problems or a bad day. I really hope that you *never* listen to any trolls or trollish talk about yourselves or anything that you’ve said or have done (or infuriatingly personal “why haven’t you done this yet?”) or what you’ve worn or how you look because those are the easiest things for mean/thoughtless people to focus on. I hope you never fear/hear their words. People are entitled to their opinions but there’s no excuse for rudeness.

Thank you both, stay safe while you’re apart & Martina come safely back home! Tummy touches to Spudgy & head rubs to Meemers! BpoBpos! ^_^