Our Interview with MBLAQ

June 9, 2012

Comments

FINALLY! You saw our Interview with Wonder Girls and our Interview with Sistar. Here, at last, is our Interview with MBLAQ. Yay! No more people emailing and tweeting us every day asking when the video will be up!

We put the interviews out in this order to be fair, since they were the last group that we interviewed in a totally freaking hectic day. It was a good hectic, of course, but an exhausting one. If you haven’t seen our Behind the Scenes with Wonder Girls, Sistar, and MBLAQ video, then check that out. That was all in one day. All of the interviews happened within, like, three hours. We ran from the Wonder Girls from YouTube Headquarters in San Bruno over to our Sistar live chat in Google Headquarters in Mountain View. While running in the parking lot to get to Sistar, we saw MBLAQ sitting in the parking lot, but didn’t even have a chance to say hi. Then, when we finished with Sistar, we ran downstairs to interview MBLAQ. BOOM!

We were exhausted by the end of it all, but didn’t feel it, mostly because everyone that we were interviewing were a lot more exhausted than we were. Hell: all we had to do was just sit down and chat with them. They, on the other hand, had to sit down and chat with us AND plan for, you know, a HUGE FREAKING CONCERT the next day. So, yeah, we’re all a bit dead. We’re glad that they agreed to our CRY skit, though. Ha! That was…embarrassing and awkward (but when are we NOT embarrassing and awkward? That just how we roll!).

We had another skit planned with them that would have been epic, but we didn’t have the time to do. We were going to start off the interview by telling MBLAQ that we had asked you all to submit your questions to MBLAQ, which you did, when we announced that we were going to the Google Kpop Concert. Then we’d say that we printed out some of the questions, at which point we’d pull out a ridiculous stack of papers. Then we’d read the first page like “Susan from Alabama asks ‘Dear MBLAQ. PLEASE MARRY ME!'” We’d then apologize for the awkward question, and then move on to the second question, which would ask for them to take their shirts off. Then we’d look at the third question and not even read it since it’s OOOOH SO NASTY. We’d flip through the huge stack of papers while MBLAQ would look around awkwardly. IT WOULD HAVE BEEN PERFECT! But we didn’t have time to do both that skit AND the Cry skit, so we stuck with the easier one. Yay!

But wait…didn’t we say something about MBLAQ signed CDs?

MBLAQ Autographed Album

You want an MBLAQ Autographed Album, don't you? OOOOH YES YOU DO!

And, yes, you saw that right. MBLAQ wrote their names all over their CDs. They touched those CDs, breathed on those CDs. Some of them even licked the CDs! That last part is not true. Anyhow, for those of you who want us to give you an autographed MBLAQ CD, here’s what you gotta do.

On YouTube
1) Click this link to Subscribe to us on YouTube
2) Either in the comments to this post or our YouTube video, tell us what made you fall in love with MBLAQ!
3) If you chose to leave your answer in the comments here, leave your YouTube username in the comment as well, so we can make sure you’re subscribed :D

On Twitter:
1) Click this link to Follow us on Twitter:
2) Click this link to Retweet this Post

On Facebook:
1) Click here to Like Our Page
2) Find the “MBLAQ Interview Contest Thread” and like that post
3) Similar to the YouTube thread, in the comments to that contest thread,

Also, like in last week’s Sistar Interview, we’ve got some unused scenes that you’ll hopefully like. Check em out below!

Comments

Special Features

Our Interview with MBLAQ

1. When I feel in love with them it was when they were on Hello Baby! I thought they were absolutely funny and cute! It was fun watching them trying to find the babies because they kept getting the wrong ones and they were all trying to outdo each other! They all seemed to care for the babies a lot too :3 username: amuletdevil300

2. I didn’t follow them until you made a music Monday on Mona Lisa. I was so curious about them, so I did some research about them and I listen to they previous promotion and album.  I already liked Mona Lisa but Cry was the straw that broke the camel which declared me as an A+ :)

The traduction in french `cause my answer is translate with google tradution ^.^’

Je ne les ai pas suivis avant que vous fassiez un MusicMonday sur Mona Lisa. J’étais si curieuse à propos d’eux que j’ai fait ma petite recherche sur eux et j’ai écouté leurs anciennes promotions et leurs anciens albums. J’aimais déjà Mona Lisa, mais Cry a été la goutte qui a fait débordé le vase qui m’a déclarée A+ :)

I hope you understand me :)
    Thanks guys by the way :)!
    Youtube username: yakihol

3. I spazzing and fangirling when Thunder spoke in Tagalog ><

4. What made me fall in love with MBLAQ?

Everything! lol Their music/voices, their cuteness.. ect…
    I loved them since I first saw them.. which was they had barely begun ^^ They are soo awesome!
    Thank you Simon and Martina for this great Interview, it was great! ^^

Youtube username: Jenny10161

5. nah

what did Martina say in Korean about kids?

• Well, Seungho said that he wanted to be a young dad, since he likes kids and so Martina was like, “We’re married but we don’t want kids since we have a dog.”

•  Yea, Spudgy might get jealous. Y’know, sibling rivalry and the like?

6. Youtube Username: Kristialli
    Twitter: Kristi Seng (K_Alli)
    Facebook: Kristi Seng

I’ve been a K-Pop fan for a very long time now and MBLAQ has always been one of my top favorite male kpop groups, (right up there with BIG BANG; ultimate VIP ;D)

I must admit I fell in love with MBLAQ at first because of their looks; when I saw the music video and the live performances of “OH YEAH”; that moment Lee Joon lifted his shirt to reveal those beautiful chocolate abs singing “oh yeah oh oh oh yeah I’m feelin’ good…” that was just a very beautiful moment. :”D

Then I saw MBLAQ on many variety shows like Hello baby and I started to fall in love even more with their funny sense of humors and charismatic charms and their way of handling children. I now know almost every MBLAQ song from “OH Yeah” to “Y” to “Cry” to “Mona Lisa” and to “This is War” yes, I am a very proud A+ and I would be a very very proud and happy A+ If I won one of the signed CD’s

YOU COULD MAKE A FAN’S DREAMS COME TRUE! DON’T YOU LIKE UNICORNS AND SPARKLE’S?!? that didn’t really have anything to do with my explanation but still…. unicorns are nice. <3.

-Kristi Seng-

7. I love MBLAQ is that maybe it is a dream, but I would be with them I love them because they are so cute, they do not hide what they feel or want them are as they are that’s what I admire about them but I love the most is Mir has a charm that would not know me describe it like to have something from it, so his autograph would be happier because I can not fence them that my comment is short and pointless but while I really like everything I do is think I do not concentrate them in anything else other than them I feel that I go crazy if I see them several times a day … my username on youtube is http://www.youtube.com/user/serenatskino

8. I fell in love with Mblaq pretty late actually. I started liking k-pop pretty late too :P
    When I fell in love with them was when I first heard their song this is war. What hit me about them first was of course the song, I love songs that are strong and sort of sad like that. As a result I fell for Joon’s emotions and the way Thunder just seemed really cute to me :3 I really loved all the emotions and vocals that came through in this video and, for once, the dancing. Put together I was really weak to it all.
    Now I have a growing/undying obsession with all of their songs and videos :P
    I’ll admit they weren’t my first favorite group, but now that’s all changed and that’s why Mblaq’s number 1 ^_^
    Youtube: Apocalyptichist

9. I probably fell in love the moment I saw the rockingout-grabyo’crotch-and-bodyroll dance in Mona Lisa. From then on, I’ve been randomly doing the dance in public and making all my friends in college at Texas ashamed. But I’m pretty sure they secretly want to do it too. It’s all just a matter of time. MWAHA.

Not to say I don’t love MBLAQ’s other songs/videos and I’m definitely a big Thunder fan, being half Filipino and all. I’m glad someone asked him about the Philippines – it’s really quite remarkable Sandara and he grew up in various places and were able to adapt/integrate so well. I’m happy for them :D

My youtube username: AwsuhQ
    Thanks Simon & Martina! Wish I could’ve met you guys at the concert, but I wasn’t lucky enough to get tickets even though I live so close to Shoreline Amphitheater. Hope CA treated you well <3

10. I remember exactly when I fell in love with MBLAQ! I was watching Hello Baby and I saw the interactions between them and the children. When one of the children was upset, they all wanted to make sure they were ok. I also loved how much the guys wanted the approval of the children and would stop at nothing to get it. I guess I just loved being able to see them in a more down to earth kind of setting. They were real people, not just performers in that moment, and they were so easy to relate to. That moment really broke down the wall for me and made me love them so much.

MBLAQ FIGHTING!!

11. For the youtube thingy) (Username: JubbaJubbaRex) Why I love them? WHY I LOVE THEM!? THEIR FREAKING AWESOME!!!!!!!! And when Joon is going crazy XD. Their just the perfect grown up childs that exisct!!!!!!!! Btw, my favorite is Lee Joon.. Love him. When I will be in korea, I’m SO going to meet them!!!!!!!!

12. (Sorry about my poor english, it isn’t my first language) At first, I didn’t really like MBLAQ. To me, they didn’t seem like the most attractive group, or the ones with the coolest dances. They were just there. But then I fell in love with the reality show, Maknae Rebellion (MakBanShi). That’s when I met Mir for the first time. His aegyo and cuteness *sigh* But it didn’t end there. I was already a huge fan of the groups, SHINee and U-KISS, so obviously, I would watch Raising Idol. And guess what? Cheondoong was there too. :) (Proud to say he is now my bias from MBLAQ). I realized that they had their own charm and couldn’t even be compared to other groups after I watched their Hello Baby. They’re such a good group on shows… and in dramas (coughJooncough). I am in the process of watching the rest of their reality shows (yes, I am in love with those as well ^_^). I would say that I’m a fairly new A+ but I do indeed love their music and they are slowly crawling up my bias list. Oh and I think another reason why I got into their music was because they sang one of the opening themes for anime that I really like so that worked out quite well XD. So there you go, I fell in love with MBLAQ because of their amazing-ness on reality shows (and because of Mir). So yeah, thanks for giving us A+ a chance to win something as cool as a signed CD! Gomasseumnida!

Dia.DMonix

13. *and variety shows they’ve been on plus hello baby.
    sorry for the typo /sigh

14. One day I was watching MBLAQ Sesame Player episode 9 where
    they were playing tag at the playground. Watching them do that and genuinely
    enjoying each other’s company gave me a warm and fuzzy feeling as I thought of
    all the times I ran out of the classroom with my friends to play tag. Ah.. the
    good old days…

Anyway, I had always really liked MBLAQ’s songs and , but it
    was their ability to make me take another trip down memory lane (YAY!! MEMORY
    LANE!!!) that made me really fall in love with them!

Youtube: theBoatface1234

15. I fell in love with MBLAQ when I was first getting into kpop. I was watching Oh Yeah and I was like… ‘Wait, so they’re Korean… singing a Spanish sounding song in Korean/Spanish and English, and one of them has a mustache. Yeah….’ And that was the moment I knew I was gonna love them.
    pinkpancakes18

16. I was unfortunately a late comer to hearing about MBLAQ, but their music is awesome, so Im glad I found out about them even if it was only last year :)
    (Youtube: Squishfie)

17. Hey, Simon and Martina… ^_^
    I fell in love with MBLAQ when I first saw Lee Joon dance in Oh My School, and I start to listened to all their songs and watched their mv.. I fell more in love with MBLAQ when I watched MBLAQ Hello Baby, they are so cute taking care of the babies.. I love them so much.. I’m proud to be A+ <3
    – FarahAtiqah98

18. The moment I fell in love with MBLAQ was the day I first experienced seeing men wearing make up and funny outfits. THE DAY I GOT INTO KPOP! From then I’ve seen them grown and see that they’re still dorks and awesome guys. And.. I love dorks and awesome guys. Especially when they’re in one… EM BELLACK<3

YT: nicollabal
    Twitter: @vanillaskiin
    Facebook: Nicol Labal

19. I think it was in late 2010 I discovered them, right when I discovered kpop. It was their song Stay and I immideatly fell in love with them! Such a unique showoff with five amazing voices that sounds even more amazing together. They had such a manly power to them that I just couldn’t resist. I’ve been an A+ since then and basically enjoying every minute of it.

My YouTube is xNinnie.

20. :D When that guy spoke Tagalog (tah-gah-LOHG, extra emphasis on the ohhh sound XD it sounds so funny when other people say it like tag-along lol), he definitely got the accent 100% right. :3 When he spoke English XD OMG, IT WAS SO HEAVILY ACCENTED WITH THE FILIPINO ACCENT THAT I WAS LIKE, “Yup, DEFINITELY raised in the Philippines!” XDDD

21. AHHHHH. I was SO EXCITED when I found out you guys would be interviewing MBLAQ because they are my absolute favorite.

The moment I fell in love with MBLAQ was during their sesame player. I already was a huge fan of Cry, but this was their first show I ever watched. There was a short cut at the beginning of one of the episodes and it was Seungho KNITTING. I was ECSTATIC when I found out when he could knit. I knit when I watch Korean TV, so you could probably imagine my reaction. It is always really exciting to see a celebrity or musician I really like enjoying a quirky hobby or skill that I also enjoy! Also, Seungho + magic tricks + knitting = ultimate idol bias of ALL TIME. ALL TIME.

Thanks for being so awesome you guys! (My youtube username is Hannieah)

22. The first time song I heard from them was the song “This Is War”, I’m being honest. I fall in love with Lee Joon’s smile, I just keep my eyes in him and G.O. (who doesn’t appear to much). I love the song so much that I begin to find more music about them. Every single video I love it, and I love how you guys (Simon and Martina) comment about their videos, I’m just so distractic looking at them that in the first time I don’t know what is going on in the video, thank you Simon and Martina. One of my favorite videos of MBLAQ is “Y”, and when I say the word “why”, the next thing that I say is, “Give it to my Y, listen to my Y”. This one of my favorite bands, and I know that this guys going to succeeded in the future.

Youtube: PauGirl1518
    TWITTER: PAUhyun

23. I know this is really off topic, but in places where a lot of Asians live like southern California and where Kpop is popular like Vietnam, they tend to cut their hair just like Joon, Thunder, and my bias Seungho and watch a ton of kdramas. Back to the topic.
    Reasons I fell in love with mblaq
    1. I fell in love with mblaq when the last episode of hello baby came out. Mblaq was the funniest and saddest season I watched and I needed to see more of them.
    2. I cried watching this is war and y
    3. Mblaq is really funny on variety shows like when they were on mydol with vixx. Agil agil fantastic!
    4. Mblaq is really nice and they make awesome songs
    I’m not entering for a cd(but I wanna)

24. Wannnnnnnnnnnnnna win this :((((((((((((((((((((((

25. Hello, I’m Sylwia, and I’m addicted to MBLAQ. You as ‘Y’ I fell in love with them? (see what I did there ;> ?) Ekhmmm… Honestly speaking… I have no idea how that happened. I wasn’t fan of K-pop at the beginning ( I was young and stupid!). I saw one MV. My friend made me. ‘Let’s watch it’ she said, ‘It’s fine,and completly safe’ she said. I thought: Yeah, well, why not… One MV. Few days later I woke up with mind full of Korean Idols mostly MBLAQ… I think my love for them started somewhere in between those 2 moments… Yeah that must be it ^^ I guess I was watching some variety shows back then. And then came ‘Hello Baby’. Why did they do that to me!? I think those kind of programs are scary> Getting to know idols from more every day side, makes you feel really attached to them. And than there is war with your common senses… Anyway, finally answering question….They are indywiduals acting as one, they are funny, caring, and sincere. They can be serious, but they are not afraid to look a bit silly sometimes…and they are handsome <3 aand…I think I have to stop now, because my mind is getting out of control…
    YT: SylwiaMycha
    Ekhmmm… You are reading this? Then Happy Anniversary ^^ Yaay ^^ And uhmmm… if first part was akward… I wan’t you to know that It’s late here now, and that Poland lost our sink or swim match and… and… and my best-best-friend is far away.
    Sorry… I’m too talkactive. Bye

26. youtube: angelicad58

: D You guys are so lucky & sweet! Its so awesome that you got to interview MBLAQ!

MBLAQ’s leader, Seunhgo, actually made me fall in love with MBLAQ. His laugh is addicting so when he laughs at the smallest thing it becomes the most hilarious thing. Also his random old man dance cracks me up!

27. youtube: angelicad7

The moment I fell in love with MBLAQ was when I first started watching their Idol Army show. The members were so AWKWARD at first because it was their first big show. They were absolutely hilarious and I laughed so hard in every episode; since then I have become a huge fan due to their outright silliness. Especially Seungho’s Old Man personality that comes out when he lets loose and forgets that the camera is rolling =D

28. Martina, you are so brave for doing that in front MBLAQ! I’m only a very recent fan but I love you guys already! You are so luck to have met so many groups :D:D

29. Hi Simon and Martina! This is my first time leaving a comment and I really want to tell you that I love your videos and that you look so cute together!

What made me fall in love with MBLAQ was their ‘engrish’, their simplicity and their choreographies.
    Last year I went to my english class and one of my friends showed me a video of MBLAQ speaking english. I thought they were funny and when I got home I started to watch their music videos and what really got me into them was that the choreographies were so easy that I could do them too (and I suck at dancing!). But What I like the most about them is that they seem to be humble and easy going. I’m pretty sure that if I didn’t know MBLAQ and I came across them on the street I wouldn’t realize that they are idols!

Youtube username: TaVnXaQ

30. The first time song I heard from them was the song “This Is War”, I’m been honest. I fall in love with Lee Joon’s smile, I just keep my eyes in him and G.O. (who doesn’t appear to much). I love the song so much that I begin to find more music about them. Every single video I love it, and I love how you guys (Simon and Martina) comment about their videos, I’m just so distractic looking at them that in the first time I don’t know what is going on in the video, thank you Simon and Martina. One of my favorite videos of MBLAQ is “Y”, and when I say the word “why”, the next thing that I say is, “Give it to my Y, listen to my Y”. This one of my favorite bands, and I know that this guys going to succeeded in the future.

Youtube: PauGirl1518
    TWITTER: PAUhyun

31. Oh my goodnessss!!! You guys are going to be reading through
    sooo many comments, so I’ll try to keep this as short as possible.

Since I just started getting into Kpop not too long ago, my friend told me to
    watch the Google Kpop concert. I thought it would be a good way for me to get
    exposure to different groups. I didn’t really pay attention to them, but when
    it was over my friend asked me which band I liked, so I said MBLAQ and TVXQ,
    because they were the only names that I remembered. So then she sent me a
    picture of G.O with a mustache and I was like “OMO! I’ve never seen a Kpop
    idol with facial hair!” And then when that was over I completely forgot
    about them.

This next part may sound like I’m trying to kiss up to you guys, but it’s not
    like that…

Afterwards, I started getting into your videos and I saw the interview with
    SISTAR and then I tried to win that CD. Since I didn’t win I decided to watch
    the MBLAQ interview and see if there would be a giveaway. 48 seconds into the
    video a clip for “This Is War” came up, and then I was like “Oh
    yeah, I think they did that one at the concert.” And then at 54 seconds I
    saw “one of the guys” (now that I’ve gotten into them, I know his
    name) fall to the ground wounded, and then I was like “Hmmm, maybe I
    should watch this video later.” 65 seconds into the video a picture of
    G.O’s facial hair popped up and I went through my surprise phase again. I
    finished watching the interview, and I was like “Maybe I’ll try competing
    for this CD.”

But I hadn’t really fallen in love with them yet, so I put it off. But 2 days
    ago I decided to watch “This is War” and I was like
    “GAAAHHHHH!!!!!! Why did I wait so long?! This is amazing!” and then
    I cried a little at the end of the video. Then I decided to watch the Kpop
    Music Mondays review for the video. Then I heard Simon mention the “donkey
    kick to the balls” which I hadn’t noticed, so I had to rewatch the video,
    not that I minded…

Then I thought, “the guy that shoots himself looks kinda hot,” so I
    looked up his name and then typed his name into YouTube and one of the first
    videos was of him ripping his pants. And that’s when it happened. I fell in
    love with MBLAQ at that moment. So now that I have seen that video I can write
    my entry for this contest…

Hmm I guess I didn’t really do a good job of keeping this short, but yeah,
    that’s how it happened. I may not be a life-long fan, but I just started
    getting into Kpop, so… yeah.

TL;DR: I saw Lee Joon ripping his pants >.<

I don't know how YouTube works, I think I'm suscribed and I think my username
    is FlorMoHdz

So now that I wrote this I'm going to try to catch up on MBLAQ…

32. FoxFirePast
    I fell in love with MBLAQ when I randomly came across their Y video on youtube. Joon’s acting was amazing and I loved the dance and song. Looking up a video of them waking up and Mir speaking English cemented them into my heart.

33. Well the reason why I fell in love with MBLAQ is when i saw Mona Lisa. I thought the dance was really funny. Especially the moving head thing. lol. Then, when they had their second comeback with the song It’s War, I realized that their really talented and are really good dancers. Also, i fell more in love when i saw the video of Mir trying to say waffle. It was hilarious. Their so Hot and Cute. This is why i <3 MBLAQ. Also. MBLAQ i the Reason that i got my Little Sister into KPOP :D

FACEBOOK NAME: Cynthia Martinez

34. Because of MBLAQ I discover youuuuuuuu (eatyourkimchi ) :)

35. Watched this video for hundred times already TT♥

36. I’m really hoping to win TT *fingers crossed* but my chance of winning is just .00000000000000000000000000001 % TT

37. I’m really an avid fan of MBLAQ :) I’ve watched them since their debut and really supported them . I’ve watched Hello Baby because of them , watched MBLAQ Sesame Player and because of it I love them even more :) They’re cute and witty sides are seen :)♥ They are all handsome , Lee Joon , Cheondung , Mir , GO , SEUNGHO . I’ve never had any CD of them because it really cost a lot :( And I still have no work yet but having an opportunity to win was just so awesome .:( Because of MBLAQ I made friends :) I really want to win TT

38. Actually, I first fell in love with her sister Sandara Park way back when she’s still popular here in the Philippines. I’ve been a constant fan of her until she became the member of 2NE1 group. Have continued being crazy fan when I found out that she has a brother (Thunder with the strikes of lightning LOL) that was also in a popular group. <3 <3 <3 My love for the members and songs of MBLAQ started with Thunder and eventually with the other members. I just really really LOVEEE them!! ^___^
    youtube username: crazyoverkhj

39. The first time I fell in love with mblaq was when I watched Y, 15 seconds into the video. The beat was freaking catchy and I mean, Joon showering? Their dance was mesmerizing. I fell even more in love when I watched Idol Army and a bunch of other variety shows. they were just so charming and so hilarious. That was when I got to see the offstage side of them, and I just loved them even more. And watching this video, I feel like I love them even more. They’re just so honest and I just love them <3
    -KpopThoseBubbles

40. I first listened to oh yeah :)