Our Interview with MBLAQ

June 9, 2012

Comments

FINALLY! You saw our Interview with Wonder Girls and our Interview with Sistar. Here, at last, is our Interview with MBLAQ. Yay! No more people emailing and tweeting us every day asking when the video will be up!

We put the interviews out in this order to be fair, since they were the last group that we interviewed in a totally freaking hectic day. It was a good hectic, of course, but an exhausting one. If you haven’t seen our Behind the Scenes with Wonder Girls, Sistar, and MBLAQ video, then check that out. That was all in one day. All of the interviews happened within, like, three hours. We ran from the Wonder Girls from YouTube Headquarters in San Bruno over to our Sistar live chat in Google Headquarters in Mountain View. While running in the parking lot to get to Sistar, we saw MBLAQ sitting in the parking lot, but didn’t even have a chance to say hi. Then, when we finished with Sistar, we ran downstairs to interview MBLAQ. BOOM!

We were exhausted by the end of it all, but didn’t feel it, mostly because everyone that we were interviewing were a lot more exhausted than we were. Hell: all we had to do was just sit down and chat with them. They, on the other hand, had to sit down and chat with us AND plan for, you know, a HUGE FREAKING CONCERT the next day. So, yeah, we’re all a bit dead. We’re glad that they agreed to our CRY skit, though. Ha! That was…embarrassing and awkward (but when are we NOT embarrassing and awkward? That just how we roll!).

We had another skit planned with them that would have been epic, but we didn’t have the time to do. We were going to start off the interview by telling MBLAQ that we had asked you all to submit your questions to MBLAQ, which you did, when we announced that we were going to the Google Kpop Concert. Then we’d say that we printed out some of the questions, at which point we’d pull out a ridiculous stack of papers. Then we’d read the first page like “Susan from Alabama asks ‘Dear MBLAQ. PLEASE MARRY ME!'” We’d then apologize for the awkward question, and then move on to the second question, which would ask for them to take their shirts off. Then we’d look at the third question and not even read it since it’s OOOOH SO NASTY. We’d flip through the huge stack of papers while MBLAQ would look around awkwardly. IT WOULD HAVE BEEN PERFECT! But we didn’t have time to do both that skit AND the Cry skit, so we stuck with the easier one. Yay!

But wait…didn’t we say something about MBLAQ signed CDs?

MBLAQ Autographed Album

You want an MBLAQ Autographed Album, don't you? OOOOH YES YOU DO!

And, yes, you saw that right. MBLAQ wrote their names all over their CDs. They touched those CDs, breathed on those CDs. Some of them even licked the CDs! That last part is not true. Anyhow, for those of you who want us to give you an autographed MBLAQ CD, here’s what you gotta do.

On YouTube
1) Click this link to Subscribe to us on YouTube
2) Either in the comments to this post or our YouTube video, tell us what made you fall in love with MBLAQ!
3) If you chose to leave your answer in the comments here, leave your YouTube username in the comment as well, so we can make sure you’re subscribed :D

On Twitter:
1) Click this link to Follow us on Twitter:
2) Click this link to Retweet this Post

On Facebook:
1) Click here to Like Our Page
2) Find the “MBLAQ Interview Contest Thread” and like that post
3) Similar to the YouTube thread, in the comments to that contest thread,

Also, like in last week’s Sistar Interview, we’ve got some unused scenes that you’ll hopefully like. Check em out below!

Comments

Special Features

Our Interview with MBLAQ

1. Sorry for my English!!!!
    I’ve never listened to Kpop. I saw the song MBLAQ (This is war) on one blog. I immediately fell in love with this song! I cried at the video. And so I became one of the most loyal fans MBLAQ. Now I try to bring them any new album, but not always I can afford it, because I live in Poland.

Nigdy wcześniej nie słuchałam kpop. Zobaczyłam piosenkę MBLAQ (This is war) na jednym blogu. Od razu się zakochałam w tej piosence!!! Płakałam przy teledysku. I tak stałam się jedną z najwierniejszych fanek MBLAQ. Teraz staram się sprowadzać każdą ich najnowszą płytę, ale nie zawsze mnie na to stać, ponieważ mieszkam w Polsce.

2. The moment I feel in love with MBLAQ… when they showed how adorkable they are… dork is the new sexy LOL at least for me <3<3<3<3<3

3. the first time i fell in love with them was when i saw Lee Joon for the first time then i had to know what kinda music they made so i heard the son ‘Y’ and it was AMAZING! and then i was even more in love with them !

4. I fell in love everytime when they’re performing, because they’re talented and always they try their best for make us happy with their music. ^^
    (Sorry for my bad english) |:+Youtube: 0o0supergirl0o0+Twitter: @CNBoice_94:disqus
    +Facebook: Diana Sofía Valdivia

5. Hey Simon and Martina, I would like to translate what Cheondoong (Thunder) said to English so that all the people who would watch your vid will be able to understand what he said. So here it goes,
    I love you. (Mahal ko kayo)
    I love the (Mahal ko ang) [I think he made a mistake here. He cut off the sentence.]
    I miss all the friends that I have in the Philippines. (Miss ko ang lahat ng kaibigan ko sa Pilipinas)
    I love you all. (Mahal ko kayong lahat)
    I’m Filipino by the way. :) Hope it helped.

6. Ah…I remember like it was yesterday when I fell in love with MBLAQ. It was when I was in Korea for a visit and met saw them at their debut showcase!

Youtube username: evan1enemy

7. Well I recently got into Kpop like 10 months ago and while searching on youtube and clicking I found their Mona Lisa MV and I was like I like this group. I started to watch their variety shows and I loved their Idol Army season and Sesame Player. I fell in love with these boys then, especially pabo Lee Joon <3 They had this side to them that seemed totally real and not fake and I loved how they weren't afraid to show their real selves to all their fans. Now they are always on my favorites playlist on my iPod Which is significant because the songs in that playlist have a listening life of about a month, 2 months if it's especially good, but all of MBLAQ's songs have always been on that playlist since I discovered.  <3 <3

Youtube Username: Witchgirl289

8. the reason i fell in love with mblaq is because at the begining of the school tear at my school we had Korean foreign exchange students and i had no way to relate to them so i went on youtube and looked up top 10 boy bands of 2011 and they were in the top 3 their song y was the song featured in the video and i really liked it and wrote the band name and song down i looked up the music video and song and fell in love with my first K-POP band ever i found all of their songs on youtube and for about 6 month would talk almost alaways about mblaq i even put their band name in my email adress and their accatually the reason i found eatyourkimchi.com because i was watching one of their videos and i went up to the top 100 videos by mblaq and at that time your review on mblaq’s cry was at #6 and i watched it and you guys cracked me up and thats how i found you guys and from there on not only have i loved mblaq but alot of other bands too like SHINee B1A4 Super Junior U-Kiss and many more so mblaq has caused me to absolutly fall inb love with K-POP and also your videos so thank you simon and martina

9. The moment I realized “How did I go this long without hearing MBLAQ?”
    The first song I heard was ‘Why’ and it was awsome but, when I was watching ‘It’s War’ and he curved the bullet was when I fell in love..
    I listen to thier music when I’m angry and it helps me calm down.
    I just dont think I can imagine not listening to thier music now that I found it..

P.S. They’re also cute, talented guys dancing and singing to what fells like olny you..what’s not to love?

-hannahworkman003- is my youtube name.
    -Hannah Workman- is my facebook name.
    I’m not sure if this is the contest tread for the facebook..?

10. I fell in love with MBLAQ after watching Mir’s, girl band, dance against Key on Idol maknae rebellion
    Username:Kage5944

11. I think there was no exactly THE moment when I fell in love
    with MBLAQ. It started off when I was with my sister; we watched Hello Baby
    Season 2 featuring SHINEe then she told me that MBLAQ have already started
    filming Hello Baby S5. I kinda refused watching it because I was a Batoost (B2ST)
    fan back then and I thought that they were rivals, B2ST vs MBLAQ? I would’ve
    gone for Beast. After that whole scene, my sister insisted on watching it
    alone. I heard her laugh so much like she was literally LOL-ing and I kind of
    got curious and jealous so I watched it with her. By the time that we were half
    through with it, it clicked me; I’m already falling in love with MBLAQ. They
    were on my mind like, all day and I even think about them before I slept (up
    until now XD) I think what made me fall in love with them is their smile, their
    humility, sincerity and honesty in their work, during filming and interviews.
    They never wore masks, hiding their true colors on camera instead they show
    their true selves except of course when they’re performing on stage which is
    like an exception. I now have all their songs in my hand phone, I don’t have
    the money to buy their cds online cause I’m still a student entering college. There
    are only few stores here in the Philippines that sell Korean albums and I haven’t
    had any opportunity to buy them. So I’d like to thank you if every you’d choose
    me cause it means the whole world to me. Even if you won’t choose me, I’d like
    to thank you for giving us fans the opportunity and chance to even watch MBLAQ
    and other Korean Idols, and a chance to have an album. With that, thank you
    again. More power! God Bless! Take care always! Love from Rachel, Philippines. :)

12. first, i fell in love with mblaq when i saw their music video : Cry.

it really catch my eyes;their performance on the music video, and also
    when i heard Oh Yeah for the first time, i love Thunder’s rap part in
    this song.
    that what makes me love MBLAQ till now ♥

13. I heard a lot of MBLAQ and then one day I accidentally heard their MV This is war and they just called my attention. I loved the song the orchestra everything and couldn’t stop listening to it. I looked at much more songs from their debut days to now. Then after looking at interviews, sesame player and many more shows they were featured in I fell in love with them! They are fantastic and talented and hilarious. I love how they are with each other, make fun of each other and then bro moments it’s fantastic. I love their performances they get into the music and dance amazing! I noticed their smirks when they dance and sing and ir melts my heart <3 .

YT: Pandabearmelmel
    Twitter: @pandamelmel
    Facebook: Melanie Mares

14. First of all, thank you so much Simon and Martina for interviewing MBLAQ! I went to see them at the airport when they arrived in San Francisco that day and was so excited, but later I realized that they had such a long flight and were probably super exhausted (MBLAQ I’m sorry for bothering you!). Looking at this video, the jet-lag is very apparent. ; n ; But I still enjoyed it very much!

What made me fall for MBLAQ: Honestly, it was Cheondung/Thunder who really caught my eye in their Oh Yeah MV. After I listened to more of their songs and watched as many variety shows I could find that they appeared in, I gradually started loving them all (but Cheondung is still my favorite!). MBLAQ is so unique – their hilarious and honest personalities make them stand out from every other group. They’re very caring of their fans and each other, but the thing that really gets everyone is how “real” and “down to earth” they are.

MBLAQ is my favorite group! There’s no second or third place for anyone else in my heart. Cheondung, Seungho, Mir, G.O, Joon, saranghamnida! I hear you’re coming to the U.S. again this year? I hope to see you all again! Until then, please continue to work hard and take good care of yourselves and each other! Music Boys Live in Absolute Quality need quality food and sleep! Annyeong! ❤

MBLAQ, A+, That’s Right! EXPECT THU┌┘DER!

YT: AngelaSimple

15. What made me fall in love with MBLAQ was the fact that they are NOT AFRAID TO BE REAL. They are NOT AFRAID to be laughed at. They are NOT AFRAID to be called “babo” or “village idiots”. They DO NOT PUT UP AN “IDOL ACT” just to impress people. They are VERY REAL and VERY PASSIONATE about their music. Just as long as they are staying true to their music, that is all that matters to them. They are one of the few groups who do not only have PRETTY FACES, but also PURE TALENT. They are one of the few groups who can actually sing a note without have to be autotuned. The fact that they are a group with talent to go along with their pretty faces says a lot, especially nowadays where the industry has changed its focus from talent to just looks or if the group is “sell-able” As for MBLAQ, not only do they have the looks and the talent, they also strive to share their talent with all of their fans. That’s what made me fall in love with MBLAQ- THEY ARE TRUE, REAL HUMAN BEINGS WHO ARE NOT AFRAID TO SHOW THE WORLD THAT THEY ARE WHO THEY ARE- 5 CRAZY SMALL TOWN BOYS WHO HAD BIG DREAMS TO SHARE TO ALL THE A+s ALL OVER THE WORLD.

Youtube Username: dreamergirlfatale

16. my obsession with mblaq started at the inception of their group, but deepened with this is war (omg so dramatic but soooo goooooddd). I mean, loving all of mblaq’s song is practically a given if you’re an A+ :)
    Later on, i was introduced to mblaq’s variety shows which made me fall in love with them more. Those variety shows pointed out to me that they are honestly regular people at times and just like to have fun, like anyone would!! Mir’s engrish was HILARIOUS! it kept me laughing for hours! All their multiplication skills were really amusing too! especially how they kept losing their food and mir’s reaction (gotta love mir <3)  and their games are the best! the rock paper scissors one and michael jackson one. I once spent a full two days just watching mblaq videos instead of homework!
    essentially, mblaq is soooooooooooooooooo cute (all the members are ADORABLE!), talented, and down to earth. LOVE THEM! <3

17. Mia

It really is, I was so happy when I heard they were coming to Australia, but so devastated when it was just Sydney.

And thank you ^^ I appreciate it (:

•  I live in rural victoria, and was SERIOUSLY devestated when they didnt even come to melbourne. AUSTRALIA FIGHTING!

18. I’m relieved that G.O isn’t planning on growing a mustache again…and, hahah, does Seungho only want to get married to get kids…? That’s…not really a good reason, is it?

19. the best part of the video for me is when they send a message for his fans. When Mir talks in chinese and the rest laugh, it was funny…. but the best part is when Joon say: “Health is the most important thing. The flu in the summer is going arround, so be careful, and always be happy…. and take showers often”…. it was realy realy funny!! I love this boys!!!! MBLAQ are amazing!!! and I loves Joon!!!

Yotube: jennyanjella
    Twitter: @A_N_JELL_A:disqus
    Facebook: Jenny Anjella

Thank you!!!!

a spanish follower!!

20. oh so…. you guise didn’t ask MIR to say waffle… oh well :(

21. I fell in love with MBLAQ the moment I heard Mona Lisa. You won’t even believe how many times I listened to that song, and obsessed over Lee Joon, and then saw your Music Monday on it, and BUGRIEJF. SUCH A BEAUTIFUL SONG. I especially loved Thunder’s random man-skirt :DD The beat was so great and catchy, and to me it was such a dramatic moment. -Music plays, I stop what I’m doing, HEAVEN-

Even when they stopped promoting Mona Lisa, I kept listening to it and having awkward dance parties in my room by myself with that song. Eventually I moved on to watch Sesame Player, and DIED. THUNDER’S LAUGH <3 It turns out that they were really different from performing, and they were really sweet and bromantic, and hilarious offstage. I LOVED THAT. I proceeded to watch more Variety Shows, and be a creep, then to watch Hello Baby, and they even made me cry the last episode. That showed me I really could connect with them.

So I definitely fell in love with them as soon as I heard their singing and saw their dancing, and found out what dorks they can be offstage. I love that they really are guys, and weirdos, and they can still show their awkward fatherly sides <3 They really are Music Boys Live in Absolute Quality :33 [disregard the engrish, lololol]

My Youtube username is IThinkILikeStuff :DD

22. i love that MBLAQ starting watching an Oh My School or 100 Points out of 100  video which Lee Joon was a regular on. hahaha.

23. I am sosososo sad that we didn’t get to hear Mir say, “Waffur.” Hahaha. But it was a great interview! The skit was really cute~

24. When I fell in love with mblaq was at the time when I was still new to kpop so I didn’t them but when I Hurd their songs it touched my heart and I couldn’t stop listening to them not only their song but they really inspired me their character is honest fun and all going they will ruin their image for the fans that’s how sweet they are. There may act childish at times but are honest and serious when comes to work which I liked, they are also very mature and sweet
    I can go on for long saying how I fell in love with them. I havent met them yet but hopefully in the future I can.
    Thankyou xtwitter;- Honey_anjell
    facebook;- honey anjell
    youtube;-samanutd26

25. The moment that made me fall in love for MBLAQ was their silly but lovely personalities in MBC Idol Army in its first episode in the speed quiz… I had never seen an idol group so human so natural. An other moment probably Seungho’s black clouds in that program hehehe…
    Twitter: chukiestar27
    Youtube: chukiestar27

Please say hi to Spudgy!!

26. Hey! I hope that you’re doing great! :)

(Wow, it’s the first time I’m writing here..) I just wanted to say that I’m also from Canada, and really, I’m so proud of you!! You’ve reached a high level of quality with your work for a lot of time, and you’re really good.I’m not that into the Korean culture but you made me love Korean music with your videos and it’s always a pleasure to see some of your videos each week!Have a really nice continuation because you’re really great! Much success for both of you :)

27. my brother wanted a sistar cd but thanks to him he ok with me going for an mblaq cd

28. last year MBLAQ came to Brazil, as you know, but I could not see them. I was really sad, especially because it was my birthday. then I was looking for all that were posting about them, I waited fancams and tweets all day and I found lots of information about how they were cute and attentive all the time!! I loved to see them in the house of a fan, were actually engaged in approaching people who admire them a lot. then, after the coming of MBLAQ to Brazil, they are no longer just a kpop group for me, they took a huge place in my heart and in my bias list ^^

29. Oh woow! i’ll tell you when i fell for MBLAQ it was the moment they made their debut. I’m Mexican. so the moment I heard the “amigos” part they stole my heart!!
    I mean I was new at kpop so I felt like they were meant to be my favorite group, after that I saw them in stages and saw their passion i couldn’t stop searching videos of them on the internet *-*. Plus they are so easy going and sweet i mean i never met them in person i hope one day I will, but in every interview they make me feel like i know them for years ^^.
    Soo I hope I win the CD if not it was a pleasure sharing my love for them to you
    P.S: Sorry for my bad english :D(don’t kill me please *joking*) . Love you guys!!! keep making awesome videos ^^

YT: NewSai21
    (YouTube didn’t let me put all of it so i’ll put here the extended version and the short version on the youtube video. is that ok?)

30. I fell in love with MBLAQ after learning that Lee Joon suffers from bipolar disorder but still manages to work as hard as he can in being an idol, it makes me deeply touched especially since I have a lot of loved ones sufferring from this disorder, and it brings a lot of hope that the disorder doesn’t have to be what stops you from doing what you love.

YT Username: KPopManiacSFL

31. I first started to like MBLAQ when i first saw the Y music video and have been following them ever since, but I don’t think it was until This is War and their season of Hello Baby that i truly fell in love with them. I got to know who they actually were as individuals rather than just idols and found that they are really nice people. ^.^ Every one of them has their own unique personalities and styles and i could tell that they really did care about those kids. When Joon cried, I cried.<3 MBLAQ

also, you should give one of the CDs to a fellow Canadian. *coughMEcough* CANADA REPRESENT!

YT: hautdog11

32. Wow… I fell in love since the pre debut hehe in Rain’s concert…. I love their personalities and everything on them. Like.. since the begining watch every performance and every single varieties programs so, i really like the good mood they have cause they are like really honest and always says what they really think, they are like kid, always playing around and making other people happy, that’s why i love them… just watch them laugh or play or do something crazy, makes me laugh and makes me fell like I’m part of every moment in their life. they makes us fell like we really are part of a huge family with them, so some times I fell like we’re really closes friends for every thing that they say to know more about them…. I really love them for thir kind and sweet and amazing personalities cause they’re really nice andeach one has the own personalities that makes us fall in love without a prototype of an Idol… cause they’re really act like they are
     So that’s why I love them :3
    My username is NifelheimLand n.n

33. I WOULD SAY THE RIGHT FROM DEBUT I LOVED MBLAQ! Watching Lee Joon in Ninja Assassin i was like OMG K-POP IDOL IN A HOLLYWOOD MOVIE! (i know rain was in it too but yeah)  Also The moment when Lee Joon lifted his shirt in OH YEAH I WAS DROOLING AND ROLLING ALL OVER THE FLOOR! HIS SEXY HOT PERFECT MAN ABS!!  lol enough about Lee Joon, THE MOMENT(S) I FELL IN LOVE WITH MBLAQ WOULD BE WATCHING THEM ON DIFFERENT VARIETY SHOWS! I JUST FELL IN LOVE WITH THEM COMPLETELY!!!! They’re so funny and crazy! The first show i watched was Idol Army!! GOD RIGHT FORM THE BEGINNING AS THEY WERE ENTERING THEY’RE SO FUNNY! I LOVE THEM! When ever i’m having a bad/sad day they’d always cheer me up! They make all the A+’s proud and feel loved!!!! THERE ARE WAY TOO MANY MOMENTS TO CHOOSE FROM! Every time they’re on a new show or release a new MV/Album i just keeping falling in love with them over and over and over again!!! It’s a never ending cycle!

34. I’m so proud of you S&M u did the k-poper dream c’:
    i wish you the best of luck n.n
    -hug- ♥ ~

35. Im SO in love with MBLAQ! here is the story …. im a huge fan of 2ne1 and Sandara Park, so i googled her and i found out that she had a brother on a group called MBLAQ ! so i searched for them and i saw OH YEAH MV ! i fell in love with them there !  like love at first sight n.n i loved Joon and Thunder back then xD (Now im a Seungho lover !) so that’s it, now im a truly dedicated A+ who sees everything that they do! MBLAQ FIGHTING
    lots of love Simon and Martina!
     Maya from Argentina !

36. last year MBLAQ came to Brazil, as you know, but I could not see them. I was really sad, especially because it was my birthday. then I was looking for all that were posting about them, I waited fancams and tweets all day and I found lots of information about how they were cute and attentive all the time!! I loved to see them in the house of a fan, were actually engaged in approaching people who admire them a lot. then, after the coming of MBLAQ to Brazil, they are no longer just a kpop group for me, they took a huge place in my heart and in my bias list ^^