TL;DR – Our Weird Isms

April 22, 2015

Comments

Last week, we had a discussion about who is more difficult to live with. We’re both very easy going people, and very low maintenance, but which one of us is the lowest maintenance? This led us to talking about each other’s pet peeves, and a discussion whose sentences mostly started with “Yeah! Well at least I don’t…” Of course, none of these issues are big issues, but we found ourselves laughing at our tiny isms, and we thought we’d share a bit of them with you in a silly TL;DR video that lets you know a bit more about us :D

So, apart from the ones we mentioned here in this video, we have a few more:

Simon: Amateur Rapping

I don’t know what it is about bad rapping that hurts me. Deep down, nothing makes me cringe so much as bad rapping. And I don’t know how to properly delineate good rapping vs bad rapping. And I’m not talking about preference, either. For example, I listened to the new Action Bronson album: not a fan. Don’t really like his style. Ghostface, also, I’m not a fan of. But they don’t make me cringe. There’s something different about amateur rapping that makes me want to run away. When I watched some of Unpretty Rapstar, when Jessie was standing around and rapping about how badass she is, and how she’d slap everyone there, oh sweet Jesus even thinking about it now I feel my throat closing up.

It’s, I think, the fakeness that burns me. It’s when someone pretends to be hard but they’re not hard that I feel like crying. I saw a video on Reddit the other day of some high school kids freestyle battling as well, and I NOPENOPENOPED out of that window as fast as possible. Some Kpop rappers do that to me as well. Just…oh plz dear no. I know it’s an issue I need to get over, but I just can’t. I CAN’T DO IT!

Martina: Female Singer-Songwriters

Step one. Write something that sounds like a normal sentence about your day. For example, today I went to school and fell asleep during math class. Step Two. Take that sentence and sing it all wobbley to the an acoustic guitar and you’ve just killed Martina. Don’t get me wrong, I like female singers like Norah Jones, Lim Kim, Neon Bunny, Beach House….but because they sing about things in an interesting way. If you just speak a normal sentence and attempt to sing it over music, like Jewel’s most painful line, “I brush my teeth and put the cap back on” I will burst into sad flames.

Simon: Hearing About Sales

Look: I worked at the mall all throughout my high school career. And I think that, because I spent so much time working in one, I can barely handle being a customer in one now. If I go shopping, it’s with a clear action plan. I go in, grab what I want, and I get out. There’s no perusing. I need to get out of there like it was on fire. So whenever someone working there tries to slow me down, I feel uncomfortable. Don’t tell me about your sales. I’m not interested. I don’t want to spend and more money than what I plan on spending. When I’m at the cash and they ask for my email, I say no. Phone number? No. Why? I’m not interested. Just let me go please! I give you money you give me product fair is fair RELEASE YOUR HOLD ON ME!!!

Martina: Turtlenecks

Anyone who has watched Music Mondays knows my deep hatred for turtlenecks. I think they’re awful and they make everyone look bad. Even hot people can look dumb while wearing turtlenecks and Korea has a major obsession with them. Almost every single actor I thought was hot has somehow ended up in a turtleneck. Where did you neck go? Oh there it is, swallowed up by that sweater that looks like it’s trying to eat your face. I don’t mind the really baggy necked turtleneck sweaters, the kind that has a huge mega wide turtleneck that you could pull over your head like a hoodie but unless you’re about to go skiing in arctic conditions just get a scarf to keep warm.

Simon: Feeling My Fingernails Touch Anything

Hahahahaha I’m not the only one, right? Right? RIGHT!!?? I keep my nails trimmed. When they grow too long and I can feel them when I type on the keyboard, I get itchy. If I grab something off a table and my nails are the first thing that touches the table I blink rapidly. I need to cut my nails immediately. It can’t wait. I’ve bought more nailclippers from all my travels than I have nails on my body. It’s not that I think nails are gross. They’re not unseemly or anything. I just…I don’t know. I hate it I hate it I HATE IT! Apparently Martina’s dad feels the same way so I know I have at least one person on mu side.

Martina: Naps

This one is sad. I really wish I could love napping. I enjoying sleeping when I’m actually able to sleep (which is rare because EDS makes for bad sleep) but when I’m exhausted and I just need to take a nap, I know I’m going to have to make a payment. The payment is napping away exhaustion in exchange for mega grumpiness. When I wake up after a nap I’m a mean, grumpy, irritable being that needs to be left alone. I’m like a wild animal prowling the house looking for something and waiting to bite someone’s head off. I can acknowledge this and Simon knows not to joke, prod, or ask me complicated questions after a nap, but I hate the feeling of being so grumpy. Does anyone else get the after-nap rage?

Simon: Banana Bread

There’s nothing inherently wrong with Banana bread. It’s delicious. I’m sure it is. I remember when it used to be delicious. My father made a wonderful loaf of banana bread. He first got into making banana bread when I was 10 years old. Then he made a new loaf every week, for a gotdamn decade. I can’t eat banana bread ever again. Please no. My body has had enough. Banana smoothies are fine. Banana chips are delicious. But make a cake out of it and our friendship is over. OVER.

Martina: Milk in Mugs

I’m a huge milk drinker. Love milk of all types and I try it in every country I visit. Don’t give me skim, because that’s water flavoured like milk and doesn’t count. I love my milk steamed and cold, but don’t serve cold milk to me in a coffee mug. I don’t know what it is, but drinking milk from a ceramic mug makes it taste like it’s lukewarm to me, and lukewarm milk is gross. It’s only not gross if it’s straight out of a cow and that’s just fine for me. But cold milk should be served ice cold in a lovely see-though glass. YUM!

—-

So that’s it for our list of weird isms and pet peeves. I’m SO CURIOUS YEAHHHH if you have any pet peeves and isms that are the same as ours or are we total weirdos to you? Also one last thing. Martina would like to mention to you that she can now eat Cheetos and cheese puff things no problem…but she’ll have to wash her hands afterwards.

Comments

TL;DR

TL;DR – Our Weird Isms

1. First, from the video: I also absolutely HATE, LOATHE, AND DESPISE seeing children, or anyone for that matter, with any kind of cheese powder or flavor stuff on their fingers & mouths. SICK! Monkeys I’m also not a fan of, except for a very few cute ones. Otherwise they kinda weird me out. Oh Simon, I totally relate to not being able to handle barf situations. I absolutely hate being sick myself, and have to turn away if it ever comes up on tv. And if I smell it, or see it in person, it’s Extremely difficult for me to not lose my lunch. D: BLEH!
    So, I’m guessing Martina is not a T. Swift fan. xD Me neither, I have a similar peeve.
    I can’t stand to let my nails get any kind of long either, because I can’t stand to have anything under them, or have them get in the way of typing or anything. Since I work in a garden area of a store, I have to keep them really short to avoid dirt & grime!
    Oh, poor Martina! Not being able to enjoy naps is a pretty sad state of affairs! But when you can’t rest comfortably, it makes it so hard. :( Naps are one of my favorite things, and some days the only thing that gets me through my 8 hour work day: scarf down lunch & then a 30 minute-ish nap out in my car, away from ALL THE NOISY PEOPLE, UUUGH. But if I don’t get to really have peace during a nap, or don’t get to rest long enough, that makes me even more grumpy than before, so I can relate. Cookies, or chocolate will sometimes improve my mood though. xD
    Simon, my Dad feels the same way about Watermelons, because he grew up taking care of a farm of them. xD
    I know what you mean about the mug thing! I don’t like to drink any cold drinks in ceramic mugs, because I feel like it makes them warm-ish, and also sometimes a very slight odd taste? Maybe that’s just some of our cheapo mugs though. xD Skim milk is definitely water masquerading as milk: BOOO! 2% is my go-to for every day though. xD
    I think my biggest pet peeve has developed since I started working in the Garden Center of my local Walmart: People who pick things up & then put them back down like two/three feet away. IT’S TWO FEET, WOULD IT REALLY BE SO HARD TO PUT IT BACK WHERE YOU GOT IT?!?! UUUUUUGH. Apart from that I can’t think of anything else….

2. Three things I came up with off the top of my head:

1. Overuse of perfume/cologne. I was once attracted to a coworker at a travel company we both worked at. Bright, witty, attractive as hell, but what put me off somewhat was that she smelled like she had sampled everything in the fragrance section of the department store where she also worked part time. I don’t recall saying anything about it because I liked being near her aside from that, but to this day the smell of too much perfume puts me off.

2. I try to make sure that whenever I buy bread that I go through it well before the expiry date because if just starts to go bad I have to chuck it. Just the sight of blue mold, never mind the smell, triggers my gag reflex.

3. For some reason my ears are sensitive to the sound of people chewing gum, no matter how softly they think they’re doing it. If it’s loud and they don’t care then it really, really irritates me.

3. Also I really dislike milk. Whole milk makes me want to vomit, I only rarely drink skim milk and only with cereals and some cakes and stuff. And it has to be freezing cold. I almost exclusively drink water. With my meals I only like to drink water. And I only occasionally drink other things. But I do love unsweetened teas, and home made unsweetened/lightly sweetened drinks, like lime water and I love melon water and pineapple water. I really hate sodas. I’m pretty weird :?

4. I can´t see other people brush their teeth. it´s sooo repulsive… omg…

5. My number one pet peeve is fragrances. I hate most fragrances and a lot of them give me a headache. Most of all I hate hand soaps that leave a fragrance, I hate it if my hands smell like anything. The worst thing is that a ton of people wear perfume and cologne so I always end up getting a headache. Also, even pleasant fragrances and smells give me a headache.

6. Another after-nap rage person here! The same affect happens if I oversleep – that’s why I don’t sleep over 10 hours, and 10 only if it’s a special case, usually I sleep about 8 hours. I’m also a hangry person :D Being hungry makes me so angry and grumpy…

7. For me, I hate listening to people eat, hate seeing spit in the streets (listening to that hacking sound and seeing people spit makes me want to throw up. I get physically ill seeing that.) I also hate listening to people chewing and smacking their gum. Yuck, yuck, yuck.

8. I really hate listening to people smack while they eat. My eyes starts twitching and I get really, really irritated. When I am in the same room as my brother and he starts to eat, I just quietly leave lol. Or if I don’t want to leave, I go under a blanket and cover my ears.

And I cannot stand bad odor! Whether it be from rotten food or musty people, once the scent hits my nose, it’s automatic bitchville for me! I know some people can’t help the way they naturally smell, but some people can! I always make sure that I have some kind of spray and deodorant on before I leave the house.

I work in retail and I absolutely hate it when people are on their phones the same time they are pushing a cart. If texting/using hand devices are illegal while driving, then texting/using hand devices while pushing a cart should also be illegal! The same with children pushing shopping carts! They can’t even see over the damn thing!

I don’t mind my fingernails touching anything but I cannot have them long. I hate the feeling of having debris underneath them and it obviously makes my hands look dirty. My fingernails get really hard during the summer time and it makes everything so uncomfortable.

• I forgot to add: lemon in water! It makes me even more thirsty!

9. loll cringy raps….. brings only one thing to mind…

bling bling is jonghyun

my name is minho

and the dibidibidis

10. I’ve got similar pet peeves to both of you but OMG WOODEN STICKS ARE THE WORST!!!! While Martina was talking about them I was dying inside. I could taste and feel the terrible woodiness in my mouth :O Definitely one of the worst things in the world…. *shivers in disgust*

11. OMG turtle necks! NOOOO!I think I wore them all in the 90s! I hated turtlenecks as a kid. My mom would bye me them all the time! Now they have like poofy baggy turtleneck which don’t look as bad. It actually looks comfortable but no. I dont like them. I also have this thing where the dishes in the sink are piled in a stupid way. If theres bowls and plates and coffee mugs. if I do dishes and i pull out a spoon from the side of the sink, everything crashes. It makes me mad because its loud but the dishes almost break.Everyone in my house piles them like that and i bugs me!!!!! It makes me cringe.

12. I have to agree with Simon on hearing about sales. I hate when I go to the mall and those stands in the middle try to stop you to sell you something! I DON’T WANT IT!! Gives me anxiety lol I also don’t like when people chew loudly when eating or when they make a loud noise when yawning. Makes me want to shove my fist down their throat lmao

13. For all of you who struggle with naps, there is actually a science behind it that has to do with our sleep cycles. if you nap too long (more than 45 minutes), you will fall into a deep sleep and then should continue the nap long enough to ride it out (around 90 minutes.) I know that if I nap too long I get in this feeling like I am being sucked in and can never get up again. I also have read that if you drink a cup of coffee and then take a nap, the caffeine will kick in just in time for your wake up in 10-20 minutes and you won’t be groggy.

14. I think everyone has some form Misophonia. When my I was younger the sound of eating loudly, clearing one’s throat, drinking loudly would send me into fits of anger. I’m kinda better now…. well sometimes. I have to remind myself as an adult that I cannot yell at family or strangers for the annoying sound they make.

15. I can’t relate to any of your isms… in fact, I just laughed. Sorry not sorry :P I have a few pet peeves, but nothing super serious.
    Nails on a chalkboard bother me. Just thinking about it can hurt my brain.
    Short nails bug me. I grow mine long, and when they break, it feels wrong.
    When people chew with their mouth open, UGH!! It bothers me so much….
    My husband has a few pet peeves, too… he doesn’t like the sound of a metal nail filer when I file my nails. Nails on an old school holographic, the kind with the ridges…. yeah. We are a bit boring in this area… lol

16. For me, making smacking/slurping sounds when eating make me physically uncomfortable, to the point of being unable to eat. (Korea was not a good choice for that problem… so much slurping and smacking)

Another thing, latex on latex. I work a lot in the lab and need to wear those latex gloves when working with chemicals. It’s all good unless I touch another finger or part of my hand; the feeling is like nails on chalkboard, very unpleasant. I really should get over that one or my future is going to be rather uncomfortable :/

17. I can’t do bone-in meat. I’m not a vegetarian, I love me some delicious animal protein, but bones and tendons and … bleghh. I just can’t.

18. Chickens – I got chased as a kid by them and their beaks are so pointy and their feet are so scratchy and just…uiiirggghhhh *shudders*

And, not so much, but still…people who stick their tongue out when putting food in their mouth. My granny does it, and it just seems grotesque in my head.

• I am so used to eating that way that I even eat like that in front of people LOL

19. Also I agree with Martina that monkeys need to be put somewhere else where I can’t see them because 1. i hated the dawn of the apes. thats what made me scared of monkeys
    2. I had a monkey pee on me and hissed at me at the zoo so not going anywhere near monkeys.

• see I’m ok with monkeys but apes creep me out. Mostly Chimps and Orangutans, I find them super creepy.

20. I hate the sound of people eating with forks and it slide against their teeth. Its like I can feel it on my own teeth and it doesn’t feel too great.
    I hate when other people crack their joints around me but the weird part of this one is that I pop my knuckles like there is no tomorrow.
    Pumpkin pie and Cheese Cake… GET IT AWAY FROM ME! One year around Thanksgiving time, My family and I went over to a family friends house to eat thanks giving dinner. The person that was hosting the event has 6 Pumpkin Pies and 6 Cheese Cakes. I love both cakes so I decided to scarf my face into the pies after everyone left the party. after maybe 4 slices of pumpkin and cheese later I puked. Never ate Pumpkin Pie nor Cheese cake again.
    I hate when people cross the street with out looking at what’s coming their way I mean SERIOUSLY COME ON PEOPLE! Have you ever learned look both ways before crossing. You could get your self killed.

21. I used to play the piano as a kid so I was always used to short nails and now I can’t grow them! It’s like Simon says, it feels weird when I can feel my keyboard through my nail… I also hate the little pieces of skin that get detached from around your nails… I always end up ripping them off but then that just makes them worse and my fingers always hurt because of it! (I do it especially if I’m nervous or concentrating)
    Another thing is I can’t stand the sound of a specific type of plastic-y, crinkly, shiny

• and I pressed enter by mistake :'(
      continuation: wrapping paper!!!! It’s horrible and whenever people gave me presents wrapped in that I had to open them as fast as possible to avoid the sound. :P

22. I share Simon’s fingernail one. If they get long and touch things, it’s so itchy and annoying! I thought it was because I played viola from elementary through high school and was required to have them short, so I’m just so used to it, but maybe I just have a thing. It makes me sad when I look at Martina’s long, pretty nails. But they would drive me crazy.

23. Personally, I’ve stopped being able to drink milk. I’m not lactose intolerant or anything. It’s just milk.
    I also hate it in class when people read a story and they read so monotone it’s worse than a robot.
    Any perfume or cologne makes me feel like I’m suffocating. I will still smell cologne from 2 weeks ago and it will still bother me.
    I hate disposable chopsticks, you know the ones you break apart? Can’t do it. Not at all.
    Asian jokes. Not funny.

24. hmmm, to start, i’d have to say one of my “big ones” is
    (i dont like milk to begin with), but if i do drink milk it CANNOT be out of my sight. if i dont look at it for more than 10 minutes, i cant drink it. i just cant do it. it is suuuuuuper gross to me and i literally refuse to drink it.

also, i cannot watch babies eat, it is one of the grossest things in the world and it makes me sick.

another one that gets me good would be, the sound of ice being scraped. living in canada sucks because when your windows freeze on your car overnight and you have to scrape off that ice in the morning or have to wait in the car while someone scrapes off the ice it becomes absolute torture! another good example would be opening a freezer and moving things around, it scratches the ice that builds up on the sides and it’s absolutely horrible! sure, nails on a chalkboard dont phase me BUT I CANNOT STAND ICE BEING SCRAPED.

also, tight collars on shirts are a big NO-NO, i feel choked and i hate it.
    and also, shirts that are too tight around the armpit, i HAVE to wear a shirt bigger than my regular size because i cannot wear t-shirts or long-sleeves that are tight around the armpit. that just doesnt fly with me.

that’s about really all i can think of. there’s probably know. i know there is. lmao.

• OH! another huge one i forgot is i cannot eat un-cut sandwiches. i dont care how they’re cut, but they cannot be a full sandwich. i will stare at it and not be able to eat it because i wont know where to start. i’ll eat the entire thing if it’s cut into halves, quarters, etc., but i will not touch it if it’s un-cut, i will legitimately just sit there staring at it.

burgers are fine, i can eat those un-cut, but same goes for bagel’s; those have to be cut as well.

25. Bees, wasp, and spiders send me running away, I hate them!
    Children with snotty noses. I once wiped my nephews snotty nose and I about wanted to throw up.
    Vomit. Can’t do it. I’ll throw up on them.
    Lightweights who will claim their not drunk after 2 shots but will be talking 4 times louder than normal.

26. I agree about the wood. Its one of those things that I wouldn’t normally complain about if you asked me what are things I dislike but YES!

27. I hate monkeys as well. Real life, cartoons, the word – they just make me really uncomfortable. I remember going to the zoo as a kid and refusing to go into the primate area because it made me so uncomfortable. I also really dislike seals (though not as much).

Another weird thing that I hate is having certain types of food sitting close together. This is especially a problem in refrigerators. As an example – there can’t be any fruit next to milk or jars of food sitting next to leaf vegetables.

28. Those who can’t deal with vomit: smile!

Ridiculous, I know, but smiling tricks your gag reflex. It really does help!

29. I never realized people had weird-isms, (woudnt it be called eccentricities rather than weirdisms?). The only thing that can think of that I do weird is if I see a bug, spider or fly I must smash it with the nearest smashing implement. The hunt will not end until its dead or has escaped my general vicinity.

Oh wait I remembered another one you know in movies when cars get smashed or destroyed, that really bugs me. I feel so sorry for the car.

Its funny about the popsicle stick thing, I used to knaw on them and snap them in half and then chew some more, lol.

30. Brushing my teeth… or hearing/seeing someone do it… always hated the feeling, still do. Takes me 5mins to get my teeth brushed.
    Long sleeves, I cannot stand something that covers my forearm close to my elbow.
    Shirt too tight around my neck… I feel that I am choking if the collar touches my neck
    Walking around barefoot, hate the feeling of anything underneath my soles!
    My Wife HATES the feeling or the sound of someone touching newspaper.

• Oh… and internet Memes… I mean, come on!!! The idea in the beginning, make a statement and then say something hilarious – that was funny. Today I see ones with books written on the bottom, or idiotic things people dream up. Just over it. Whole reddit/tumblr/whatever thing – eats your time and you gain nothing. Not interested.

31. Friction, or rather things sliding over each other? I don’t know how to explain it, things like rope, certain textures of fabrics, sliding my hand over something grippy plastic, just ugh. I legitimately get clammy hands just thinking about it. Like I have gross, clammy hands and cringing just typing this. It’s like the physical version of the squeaking sound of something sliding down something, like the squeak of a pole. But instead of cringing at the sound, it’s imagining the feel that freaks me out. I hope someone understands what I’m talking about here, cause I’m struggling to put this into words. GROSS, CLAMMY CLAMMY CLAMMY. My friends like to laugh at my misery when they find something that triggers it. AGH

32. I’m with you on the vomit thing. See it, Hear it, smell it and I join them

• Oh and really bad continuity in films and dramas. Drives me bonkers and I have to stop watching.

33. Hey Simon and Martina, I have a question/request for you. I am a type 1 diabetic living in America. This means I have to give myself a shot every time I have carbs, the size of it depending on how many carbs I consume. Where I live, there isn’t a lot of street food and family businesses so you can pretty much find the nutrition facts for food easily on the internet. As I watch your videos though, I notice that there are many different types of food in Asia that I wouldn’t know how many carbs are in it. I was wondering if you could do a video or send me the scoop about nutrition facts in Korea and what would someone with diabetes, like me, eat without going into a coma? Thanks so much! ~Lula

34. Holy crap, I totally thought I was the only kid who was disgusted at other kids for being so messy. When I was a kid I refused to eat Ice Cream cones, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, and many other foods, not because they didn’t taste good but because of the mess that went along with them. I was repulsed by sticky peanut butter and jelly fingers, and koolaid stains and the ring from fudge-cicles on mouths made me cringe, just the thought of it is still actually annoying. I always thought I was just a weird kid, but maybe I wasn’t alone. I felt bad that I avoided people who were like that, but I just couldn’t handle being around it. And heaven forbid they try to touch me with their sticky fingers, *shudder*.

35. I can’t do feet. Feet gross me out. I’m fine with people wearing sandals and stuff, but when people put their feet near or on me that’s when I freak out. Oh and feet on people’s faces…/shrieks/. I completely agree with Martina’s mustard pet peeve. I hate mustard. Don’t like the smell or taste. I also agree with Simon’s amateur rapping pet peeve!! Nope, can’t do it. Seasoned professionals for me please. I can’t watch amateur rap battles. It’s like nope shut up! *earmuffs*

36. I do Agree with hating monkeys. I like the cartoon ones, but the eral life ones are not cute at all. There have been news where a sweet old woman went near a Chimpanzee and he whole face got ripped off. She is alive, but lost her eyes, most of her nose, ears, and most of her mouth.
    I also hate turtle necks. To me what I hate about them is the fact that I feel like I’m being choked. It’s too uncomfortable. I always make sure I wear a loose fitting neck shirt.
    I have a few that I hate personally such as rubbing cornstartch between my fingers. The feeling makes the roof of my mouth sore. I can’t stand the sound. I cook a lot, and fried chicken, but whenever I use cornstartch, I quickly wash it off my fingers. I hate needles. I’m very weak when it comes to taking shots, and last year I had to take 10 blood tests on a month. The feeling and the look of a needle, I faint. When I see even a video of someone being injected with a needle, I feel very sick, and like I want to pass out. I have to have any shots, or blood tests done in a certain way so I don’t pass out.
    But I totally agree with Simon the vomit thing. I cannot see it, or when someone is acutally puking. I close my ears, and my eyes. I have a little sister, and when she was 6 years old, she came to me and my sister and puked a lake of vomit on out kitchen floor. I had to clean it all up. It was so nasty.

37. I do Agree with hating monkeyd. I like the cartoon ones, but the eral life ones are not cute at all. There have been news where a sweet old woman went near a Chimpanzee and he whole face got ripped off. She is alive, but lost her eyes, most of her nose, ears, and most of her mouth.

38. I absolutely hate mouth noises. Anything related to listening to people eat or make unnecessary saliva-based, smacking noises makes me want to scream and punch them in the face. It makes it much worse that my dad chews with his mouth open and makes those noises, so every time we eat near each other I want to jump out a window.

I hate rough wood touching my mouth too. Not to the point that I’d call it a pet peeve, but rough chop sticks or popsicle sticks make me very uncomfortable.

39. I am absolutely repulsed by feet. Same goes for sandals and flip-flops. I’d rather amputate my legs than wear flip-flops in public. No matter what weather condition. And I don’t like seeing other people wear sandals as well, I get sick just at the thought of seeing somebody’s ugly crooked feet.
    Also I hate the sound that sharpies make when u write. What a goosebump inducing thought. Same goes to styrofoam.

• Holy smokes! That reminds me! I forgot to mention that I hate hate HATE having hair on my big toe, and if I feel it I have to abandon everything and run home to shave it off. This is Simon, by the way. Martina does not have hairy toes.

40. My husband and I both hate popsicle sticks, when you were talking about them I got the gross shivers.
    I, also, am not a fan of monkeys, I don’t HATE them, but I definitely don’t like them.
    About the banana bread: if I eat anything more than a couple days in a row, even if it’s not every meal, I will be done with it for a while. My husband hates this because it means we have to cook multiple meals instead of one big one and survive on the leftovers for weeks. I also got a stomach bug after eating Pizza Hut once, and it took me several years to work up the nerve to try it again.
    I don’t like eating onions, peppers (especially bell peppers), mushrooms, celery, cooked carrots, or pepper (the seasoning). I think this has something to do with my mom cooking exclusively with these ingredients throughout my childhood. This is also causes people to think I’m a really picky eater.
    Children with snot/spit/food/mystery gunk on their faces/bodies make my stomach turn.
    If you ask me if I’m about to cry more than a few times I will start to cry. I am also a sympathetic cryer so I cry during like every single movie/tv show ever made.
    I also don’t like my belly button touched, I never have, and once my friend poked me in the stomach with a pen and it when in my belly button and it felt like it opened it a little. Since then I’ve had the irrational fear that my belly button is just going to come undone one day and my guts will go everywhere!