Eatyourkimchi: See My City!

April 20, 2015

Comments

Guise, we’ve been working on this for ages. And now, we’re almost ready to kick it off. Ladies and gentlemen, how would you feel about us FINALLY doing a North American tour?

This might be our only chance to do a US/Canada tour, so we want to make the most of it and hang out with as many of you as possible. But, we still haven’t decided where we’re gonna go yet. This is where we’d like your help. A US/Canada tour is really overwhelming, because there are so many cities to visit, and going to all of them would take us months. Which, we obviously can’t do. So we need your help to get a better understanding. Tell us where to go! What are the Nastiest cities? Where would we have the most fun?

Usually our tour destinations are picked out in advance, but then we feel bad for the places we’ve missed out on. We think that, this way, we can better get a feeling of what places we should visit. It’s up to you to decide!

The easiest way for us to figure this out is via our app. Download it for Android and iOS. Then, post a picture of your neighbourhood and hashtag it #seemycity. If you see other pictures of a city you think we should visit, comment on it, share it, give it all of the emotive ballistics you can! We can measure things a lot easier in the app than we can elsewhere, and we’ll be able to get a better feeling of where we should visit.

And your pictures will help give us motivation as well! We’ll be shooting videos of our trip and taking loads of pictures, like do whenever we travel somewhere, and we’d love to share some of the places that are home to you. If there’s a bubble tea shop you love, or a vegan restaurant you think we should visit, a cool arcade, a calm park, let us know! Share your neighbourhood with us. We’ve never really traveled around the US, and have not done that much traveling in Canada, either, so we could use your advice.

If you don’t have a phone with either Android or iOS, don’t worry! We’re just using the app to figure out where we should go, because it’s easier for us to see the numbers that way. But, if you have a different phone, then you can also use the hashtag #SeeMyCity on Twitter and Instagram, and we’ll do our best to count those as well. We’ll try our best! Make sure you mention us (@eatyourkimchi) or else we won’t be able to find it! Ahhh! And then, in 10 days we’ll be able to make up our minds on where to go, and then we’ll make tickets available on the website, right here, which you can access via any device!

We plan on doing the tour in July and August, before school starts, so hopefully we don’t get in the way of your schedules! May 1st is when we’ll go live with the tickets. That’s Martina’s birthday! There will be a limited number of tickets available per event, because smaller events – I think – have a better feel than bigger events. And we’re nervous in front of big crowds. EEP! We’ll be having lots of fun at these events as well. We’ll tell some stories, play some games, give away some goodies (and we’ve got some REALLY AMAZING goodies in store!) and just do our best to make memories with you all.

I hope you’re as excited about this as we are! WE’RE FINALLY GOING TO DO A US/CANADA TOUR! YUSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!

Comments

Special Features

Eatyourkimchi: See My City!

1. Will the EYK crew go along? :D

2. Portland!!

3. Portland, OR! You can do a FAPFAP at Voodoo Doughnuts!

4. Hello EYK I sadly don’t have a phone I can download your app on D: (I have a windows phone!) but you guys should come to Portland Oregon :D It has a amazing donut place called Voodoo Donuts and the donuts are sooooo good also in the summer there is a cool Saturday market which you can by local foods and hand crafted items. Also if you like books they have a new and used book store called Powells, it has so many books from Manga to dictionary’s. Anyways please think about it I would be so happy if you come! I love you guys!! <3

• And again, can we please get Windows Phone support.
      There are fans around the world who can’t get easy & quick access to your content, due to our choice. Also, looks like Portland is really stepping up there, as I’ve seen a bunch of posts about Voodoo Donuts :D (P.S. Australia rules)

5. Can we get an app for Windows phone?

• Totally support a Windows App!! (Won’t actually help me with this current trip as I live in Australia)
      Get the Windows App running, there are people who really want it!!

• Also I live near Houston, Texas it has lots of cool things there!

6. Come to MILWAUKEE!!! Watch this video and you won’t be able to stay away!

7. GREEN REGION REPRESENT!!

DETROIT MICHIGAN!!

Detroit has more people, lots of places to visit (casinos, sports, food, museums etc). We have coney dogs and a melting pot of a community. (we also have ALOT of Tim Hortons) There is the bridge to Canada if ur feeling homesick. Ann arbor Michigan is another cool place about an hour away from Detroit. Ann arbor is where University of Michigan is at. It has a cute downtown area and great korean food!

I live in Detroit but willing to travel to as far away as Chicago! If you don’t come to Michigan at least go to Chicago please :)

• Cat

CHICAGO. YES. THIS. RIGHT THERE. CHICAGOOOOOO <3 <3 <3

8. Brantford! find out where the telephone was invented at alexander graham bell’s house and also meet wayne gretzky’s dad walter! Have a great time and go to a restaurant. I would visit wacky wings to eat, the food is great and the arcade has an awesome roller coaster simulator. Stop into red lobster for some awesome seafood. Just take a walk around the city or downtown. Def come down to brantford ontario! See a show at the sanderson if you can and get pics from harmony square down town. Brantford may be small, but it is quite mighty and the people always smile! You can hit up some Polish deli’s where theres cold cuts and hot food. Imported goods from poland as well! (yes.. im obsessed with my polish culture… dont judge) But who caan resist polish chocolate? I know I cant… Anyways… comevisit brantford Ontario, canada to get an amazing and happy experience! As Walter gretzky says, its the centre of the universe.

9. Brantford! find out where the telephone was invented at alexander graham bell’s house and also meet wayne gretzky’s dad walter! Have a great time and go to a restaurant such as red lobster ;o As Walter gretzky says, its the centre of the universe. Def come down to brantford ontario! See a show at the sanderson if you can as well and get pics from harmony square down town. Brantford may be small, but it is quite mighty!

10. Portland and New Orleans!!! I would loooove to watch some FAPFAPs down in NOLA. Louisiana=basically its own country it is so different from the rest of the USA. And Portland is just my fave food and people city ever. I know you guys like to eat the good stuff. And holy cow the cocktails. I live about 45 mins outside Vancouver so if you guys go there I could come up :-)

• I would have to agree. They gotta visit New Orleans! Though I would like them to visit Orlando too!!! \(>.<)/

11. Please come to San Francisco. There are really good cafes and we have the largest Japan Town in the united states. Come on martina i know you want some sailor moon merch!!
    #seemycity #SanFrancisco

12. Simon and Martina, I know you were just there, and I know it’s your hometown, but I’m BEGGING you please come to Toronto. PLEASE! :(

13. Come to Memphis, TN!! We’ve got Beale Street, Graceland, and world famous BBQ.

14. NYCNYCNYCNYCNYC!!!!!

Please visit NYC!!

15. I’m really hoping Chicago makes it on the list and here’s why:

1 – The Food: I know you guys are huge foodies and love taking pictures of food as well. Chicago is home to an incredibly diverse blend of ethnic and fusion foods. There’s Portillo’s, home of the Chicago style hotdog and Italian beef sandwiches that all sprang from a single food cart, Giordano’s, which is the best deep dish pizza you’ll ever have, and Bob Chinn’s Crab House which is the #1 seafood restaurant in the Midwest. Bob Chinn’s draws people from all over the world just to eat there including many celebrities. They are known for having the absolute freshest and high quality seafood, especially their whole Alaskan King Crab. It also happens to be where I work ^_^; Here’s their website:

http://barfblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/bob_chin_crab_house_chicago.jpg (That’s not me btw.)

2 – The Architecture: I know you both loved the amazing architecture you saw during your previous travels in Europe and Chicago is known for it’s numerous and varied buildings. Chicago was home to many famous architects and there are many buildings that have been extremely well preserved for over 100 years. Not to mention all of the once world-record-breaking buildings such as the Sears Tower (It’s truly a sight to behold when standing directly below it, or even better from the observation deck on the 103rd floor overlooking the city!). There are tons of hidden wonders scattered throughout the loop as well. I honestly think some of the interiors are absolutely gorgeous as well. I have a friend who works at the Chicago Architecture Foundation and would be thrilled to take you guys on a walking tour of all of the coolest spots. Believe me, the pictures don’t even come close compared to seeing these things in person.

3 – The Fans: I can’t tell you how many people I’ve seen both online and in person who are Nasties living in or near Chicago. I’ve constantly been surprised at how many people love you guys around here. Just think about all of the packages you’ve received from the Green Region. I think you’d definitely be able to fill a venue here and it would be a shame if you didn’t make it here this time around. Chicago is also very centrally located for all of the nasties in the middle of the States and easy to get to. There are at least 8 other states that are only a few hours drive away and it’s only 30 minutes away from O’Hare airport, which was at one point the largest airport in the country.

4 – The Memories: I can guarantee you guys will love it here and won’t soon forget it if you do decide to make Chicago a part of the tour. There’s honestly too many things to see even if you stayed an entire week, but I’m sure we can zoom-in on which things you’d most enjoy. Of course, we can’t forget all of the great memories you’ll be making with us Nasties. Love you guys with all my heart and can’t wait to meet you in person one day. ^_^

#SeeMyCity #Chicago

• Green region here as well :)

I live in Michigan and im totally willing to go to Chicago! (still hoping for Michigan though)

16. Seattle Seattle awesome Chinese Japanese and Korean food! Pike Street market Uwajimaya, China town Portland is awesome too voodoo donuts to die for!!! Music Powell’s book store huge!!

17. Please come to seattle!!!!!!!!!

18. …I’ll be in LA from June 22-July 11, so if you happen to be around at that time, it would be nice :p

19. Simon Martina you should go to concord NC and #seemycity it’s not cool to me but if you guys came than It’d be awesome!

20. I don’t have a smart phone; only a mildly above average phone, so I can’t download the app. And I’ve moved to Middle of Nowhere, Kansas, and I doubt that it’s on the top of your list.

However, I would recommend the motherland of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. The view from Mt. Washington has been voted one of the top ten in the country and Conflict Cafe is both a fascinating study of the geopolitical climate and a tasty place for chow. I would also recommend the Tower of Learning, a lovely example of Late Gothic Revival Architecture, the Strip District for all your international grocery needs, and downtown, to see the setting of the most recent Batman film.

Overall, I hope you love your trip, no matter where you go.

21. New York City!!!!!

22. come to Largo Flordia

23. AUSTIN TEXAS! I can’t download your app because I have a lowly iPhone 4 but Austin is possibly one GREATEST places you could ever go! We have Lake Austin where you can kayak, paddle board, fish. We have Hamilton Pool which is SO beautiful, so many parks (kite park, graffiti park, etc.), we have Sixth Street (get ready to get schwasted), University of Texas at Austin, South by Southwest, Wanderlust and Austin City Limits which are all basically the Coachella of the south! And let us not forget the FOOD TRUCKS! SO. MANY. FOOD TRUCKS. Come to Texas. You will not regret it.

• Don’t forget about UT! and Juan in a Million (amazing tex mex breakfast tacos) and then just the Tex mex in general is amazing!

24. *Definitely Las Vegas*. Everyone thinks it’s just a big gaming and stripper abyss, which it respectively is, but once you cross the strip you see amazing small cafes and bistros with amazing food and a very hospitable town. I would definitely recommend going to Sunrise Coffee. It is hands down the best coffee in all of Vegas and very comfy. Very much the You Are Here Cafe of Las Vegas. Also, check out Taco y Taco. You probably miss good Mexican food. This is really cheap and delicious as hell. Run by two beautiful women with the sweetest personalities. For some good Indian food, Mint Indian Bistro. Authentic af and very comfortable. Lots of great bars and plenty of entertainment, It is quite the melting pot. On one road you can gamble your ass off and be as NASTY as you want to be and on the other is Container Park, with wonderful restaurants and artwork. You must go!!!

• How did I forget Bangkok Orchid. The most mom and pop thai restaurant ever with the most authentic flavors in all of Vegas for incredibly cheap prices. Make sure you get the coconut ice cream in young coconut. It is the best ice cream you will ever have.

25. Well by this summer I will be living in a town of less than 500…I think…any who… I suggest if you go to Seattle, WA that you visit the gum wall. it would be a great place to take photos and video and it’s close to the Pike Place Market. I really enjoyed my time in Seattle (Many moons ago).
    If you happen to drive go thru Arizona. I suggest you stop in Tucson and get yourselves some Eegees. I recommend a strawberry/lemon combo, it will quench your thirst and possibly save your life since it will be the middle of the summer in the hottest state in the US. Also for Simon’s liking, they have wonderful yummy ranch fries. French fries drenched in ranch with bacon bits that you must eat with a fork…yum…calories…Also apparently you are supposed to eat a Sonoran Hotdog. That’s what Tucson is apparently famous for. Good luck.

26. How many cities are you planning to visit?

27. I have a windows phone so no app for me and I also don’t have an instagram or twitter. What is a girl to do. I live across the street from a castle though. It is lived in by multiple princesses and even talking animals. The whole place is run by a giant mouse, I used to work there so I know tons of secrets about the castle. In case you didn’t figure it out come to Anaheim, CA the home of the original Disneyland.

28. I don’t have a windows phone so no app for me and I also don’t have an instagram or twitter. What is a girl to do. I live across the street from a castle though. It is lived in by multiple princesses and even talking animals. The whole place is run by a giant mouse, I used to work there so I know tons of secrets about the castle. In case you didn’t figure it out come to Anaheim, CA the home of the original Disneyland.

29. Places I would suggest … San Francisco, CA – wild Culture and a huge Korean community (the Jung sisters and Tiffany are from there).
    Seattle or Portland.
    Las Vegas (you don’t have to gamble at all – lots (and lots and lots and lots) of good food and the scenery is amazing – the Grand Canyon isn’t very far either).
    New Orleans … yo the food and the music.
    Miami, FL … just because its Miami.
    NYC of course.

30. I’m confused on how to post a picture on the App :((

31. Please come to Denver and #seemycity in Colorado! You guys need to see 16th street mall and then make a small trip out of town to eat Beaujo’s pizza! Denver is beautiful in the summer! Please #seemycity!

32. Ok, since I live on the BEAutiful Lake Superior in Wisconsin, I’m just going to say #seemycity-er-Lake because the whole darned place is awesome. In particular, the South Shore which is where I reside. Wait, can I just say that? The South Shore of Lake Superior? It’s pretty much its own community. Simon..Martina? Is this ok? O.O

33. This is the most depressing thing ever… I’ve always wanted to meet you guys, but I won’t even be in the states anymore when you come visit. I’m moving to England towards the end of June.

34. NEW YORK CITY!

35. You guys should really visit Seattle/Portland. I’m not from there, but I visited last summer and it was really cool. You guys seem like you would appreciate that Pacific Northwest/Portlandia way of life.

36. How about Northern California?? Sayyy…Silicon Valley(where I live)!! San Francisco, San Jose, Santa Clara etc. Santa Clara’s Koreatown is awesome!!!! You guys inspired me to check it out :)

37. Madison, Wisconsin. We’ve got four lakes, a river, and a number of creeks, beautiful green spaces, wild turkeys, and foxes that roam the city, farmer’s markets, pop-up bazaars, a capitol building more pretty than Washington D.C., and a host of things to do. Plus, you could swing by before or after visiting Minneapolis or Chicago. Also, we’re crazy enough that our roaming, wild bands of turkeys get their own Facebook group and people documenting their movement around the city. See: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10202334369480233&set=pcb.1561015567511376&type=1&theater

38. You guys read my mind ! I’m moving to a big city for the summer and thought this would be the greatest of times for you to come touring in Canada. And BOOM, it happens. I’ll try to download the app (I have very limited memory on my 3 years old phone) and vote for Montreal !

39. Please come to Boston! It’d be sooo cool to meet and talk to you guys! Our summers are really nice and we also have really good seafood and cool places to visit! Please, Please come to Boston! #seemycity

• YASS There’s so much to do here!

• I second this!! Please come to Boston!! Although if you go to NYC I would be willing to travel if it’s in Manhattan.

40. Please come to Boston! It’d be sooo cool to meet and talk to you guys! Our summers are really nice and we also have really good seafood and cool places to visit! Please, Please come to Boston!