Eatyourkimchi: See My City!

April 20, 2015

Comments

Guise, we’ve been working on this for ages. And now, we’re almost ready to kick it off. Ladies and gentlemen, how would you feel about us FINALLY doing a North American tour?

This might be our only chance to do a US/Canada tour, so we want to make the most of it and hang out with as many of you as possible. But, we still haven’t decided where we’re gonna go yet. This is where we’d like your help. A US/Canada tour is really overwhelming, because there are so many cities to visit, and going to all of them would take us months. Which, we obviously can’t do. So we need your help to get a better understanding. Tell us where to go! What are the Nastiest cities? Where would we have the most fun?

Usually our tour destinations are picked out in advance, but then we feel bad for the places we’ve missed out on. We think that, this way, we can better get a feeling of what places we should visit. It’s up to you to decide!

The easiest way for us to figure this out is via our app. Download it for Android and iOS. Then, post a picture of your neighbourhood and hashtag it #seemycity. If you see other pictures of a city you think we should visit, comment on it, share it, give it all of the emotive ballistics you can! We can measure things a lot easier in the app than we can elsewhere, and we’ll be able to get a better feeling of where we should visit.

And your pictures will help give us motivation as well! We’ll be shooting videos of our trip and taking loads of pictures, like do whenever we travel somewhere, and we’d love to share some of the places that are home to you. If there’s a bubble tea shop you love, or a vegan restaurant you think we should visit, a cool arcade, a calm park, let us know! Share your neighbourhood with us. We’ve never really traveled around the US, and have not done that much traveling in Canada, either, so we could use your advice.

If you don’t have a phone with either Android or iOS, don’t worry! We’re just using the app to figure out where we should go, because it’s easier for us to see the numbers that way. But, if you have a different phone, then you can also use the hashtag #SeeMyCity on Twitter and Instagram, and we’ll do our best to count those as well. We’ll try our best! Make sure you mention us (@eatyourkimchi) or else we won’t be able to find it! Ahhh! And then, in 10 days we’ll be able to make up our minds on where to go, and then we’ll make tickets available on the website, right here, which you can access via any device!

We plan on doing the tour in July and August, before school starts, so hopefully we don’t get in the way of your schedules! May 1st is when we’ll go live with the tickets. That’s Martina’s birthday! There will be a limited number of tickets available per event, because smaller events – I think – have a better feel than bigger events. And we’re nervous in front of big crowds. EEP! We’ll be having lots of fun at these events as well. We’ll tell some stories, play some games, give away some goodies (and we’ve got some REALLY AMAZING goodies in store!) and just do our best to make memories with you all.

I hope you’re as excited about this as we are! WE’RE FINALLY GOING TO DO A US/CANADA TOUR! YUSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!

Comments

Special Features

Eatyourkimchi: See My City!

1. New York City!!!!!

2. Portland, OR! You can do a FAPFAP at Voodoo Doughnuts!

3. Portland!!

4. Please come to Columbus, Ohio!! Please that would be amazing because there is a lot of other people that are into K-pop here in Ohio. Here in Ohio, there is a lot of unique and epic stuff here in Ohio.! ^^

5. Can we get an app for Windows phone?

• Also I live near Houston, Texas it has lots of cool things there!

• Totally support a Windows App!! (Won’t actually help me with this current trip as I live in Australia)
      Get the Windows App running, there are people who really want it!!

6. I don’t have a smart phone; only a mildly above average phone, so I can’t download the app. And I’ve moved to Middle of Nowhere, Kansas, and I doubt that it’s on the top of your list.

However, I would recommend the motherland of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. The view from Mt. Washington has been voted one of the top ten in the country and Conflict Cafe is both a fascinating study of the geopolitical climate and a tasty place for chow. I would also recommend the Tower of Learning, a lovely example of Late Gothic Revival Architecture, the Strip District for all your international grocery needs, and downtown, to see the setting of the most recent Batman film.

Overall, I hope you love your trip, no matter where you go.

7. Please come to San Francisco. There are really good cafes and we have the largest Japan Town in the united states. Come on martina i know you want some sailor moon merch!!
    #seemycity #SanFrancisco

8. GREEN REGION REPRESENT!!

DETROIT MICHIGAN!!

Detroit has more people, lots of places to visit (casinos, sports, food, museums etc). We have coney dogs and a melting pot of a community. (we also have ALOT of Tim Hortons) There is the bridge to Canada if ur feeling homesick. Ann arbor Michigan is another cool place about an hour away from Detroit. Ann arbor is where University of Michigan is at. It has a cute downtown area and great korean food!

I live in Detroit but willing to travel to as far away as Chicago! If you don’t come to Michigan at least go to Chicago please :)

• Cat

CHICAGO. YES. THIS. RIGHT THERE. CHICAGOOOOOO <3 <3 <3

9. How about Northern California?? Sayyy…Silicon Valley(where I live)!! San Francisco, San Jose, Santa Clara etc. Santa Clara’s Koreatown is awesome!!!! You guys inspired me to check it out :)

10. Madison, Wisconsin. We’ve got four lakes, a river, and a number of creeks, beautiful green spaces, wild turkeys, and foxes that roam the city, farmer’s markets, pop-up bazaars, a capitol building more pretty than Washington D.C., and a host of things to do. Plus, you could swing by before or after visiting Minneapolis or Chicago. Also, we’re crazy enough that our roaming, wild bands of turkeys get their own Facebook group and people documenting their movement around the city. See: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10202334369480233&set=pcb.1561015567511376&type=1&theater

11. Omg you guys should totally come to Los Angeles, California
    If you guys do I would love you even more then I already do

12. Please come to Colorado! Maybe Denver or Boulder?

13. This might come off rude, but how much do you think the tickets are gonna be? Don’t wanna get my hopes up, you know? :c

• We’re not sure yet, but we’re gonna keep them as cheap as possible. They’re not gonna be like 100 dollar Koop tickets, that’s for sure. We’re just gonna try to cover the venue costs :)

14. We’d love you in Orlando! You may have just missed Megacon, but we have Disney, Universal, Legoland, Sea World, Old Town (A novelty to visit), rodeos, and several water parks. Tourists that come here usually enjoy Golden Corral or a Logan’s Steak House. We have a few family-owned Hispanic cafes that are popular with the locals as well.

One of my friends is a teacher/admin at one of the local schools that often teaches foreign children visiting from other countries. He plans on becoming a teacher in Korea. :)

15. Oh man I really want you guys to come to Davis, California but were a small college town and i’m pretty sure there is stuff to do except it’s mostly downtown and since i don’t go out it proves to be a problem on taking pictures of restaurants or bars. But there are cool sculptures around my town and on my college campus so maybe i’ll do that. hmmm….
    Have you guys or anyone else heard of UCDavis? Land of the cows and a veterinarian school that’s really hard to get into. But thankfully I’m not a cow and I am a food science major.
    I mostly visit campus and my house and occasionally around town with my family (live with my parents).
    We’re a hippie town so there’s hidden pockets of weirdness.
    But i don’t have a car so if you go to San Francisco I won’t be able to go D:
    Oh! But! The capital of California is 15mins drive from my town so I can just have my parents drop me off. Or actually there’s a bus that caters between the two cities. I don’t visit Sacramento enough to know all the cool places but fellow Sacramento nasties do your magic. If not Davis then I shall go to Sacramento to see you guys!! :D

16. If you come to Bemidji you can see the mound… or as most of us call it… the boob!

No but really if you like nature it’s great but otherwise just go somewhere near Minnesota ;A;

17. Hurray for the Texas Nasties! We bought tickets this morning. See you in Houston!

• I was so glad they were coming to Houston! Nothing kpop related ever comes here haha.

18. I live in NYC!!! There are a lot of cool things to see here (aside from touristy things…), some of my favorite spots are: little italy, bubble tea shops, St. Mark’s, Myers of Keswick (really cute British store), Central Park, etc. etc.

• Yo NYC Nasty homie! Totally with you and your comment. NYC is a city like no other and it would be amazing for EYK to experience at least some of it. :)

19. TORONTO PLS <333

20. Come to MILWAUKEE!!! Watch this video and you won’t be able to stay away!

21. I cant get the app so I will leave me pleas here. PRETTY PLEASE come to Fort Worth, Texas!!!!

22. I live in NYC!!!! If you come here I would be more than happy to show you around and stuff :) There’s a lot of cool things to see here

23. I’m so happy for you guys:3 a NA tour! Too bad I’m here(Korea) and will miss it. Hopefully, I’ll magically run into you sometime when I’m in Seoul;)

24. I’m moving to Canada at the end of August, whyyyyy!!?
    *Jealous*

25. Heck with come see my city. Just come see my state so I have half a chance to See you guys there is more in the Orange region out side of California. And even though I know / introduced more nasties. I just know it won’t be enough.:(

26. Ohhh so cool…..my “city” is a fisherman/farmer/redneck town of 5,000 so i highly doubt you’ll be coming up here haha but maybe Portland, Maine? It has amazing food.

27. Please come to Orlando, Florida~! We have Disney World, Downtown Disney, SeaWorld, Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure, Universal City Walk, Lake Eola Park, UCF, and so much more! :D

28. looks like i better get busy. I live in the smallest state so I’ll have to be nasty enogh for the whole state

29. Will the EYK crew go along? :D

30. Come to LA please. For restaurants you should check out Tacomiendo its a Mexican restaurant owned by my dad’s friend and I don’t know why but I love the Metro Rail even though I have lived in LA for my entire life their is still alot of it that I haven’t explored yet. oh the fish market on san pedro or redondo beach. comment later more school bell rang. :D

31. Starts chanting: Sheetz, Sheetz, Sheetz, Sheetz, Sheetz…

You guys need to do at least a FAPFAP at Sheetz that started in Altoona and now Central and Western PA is covered with them. Seriously my town; Du Bois, PA; is covered by them that you can pretty much throw a stone and hit one. It has also branched into some other states that are: West Virginia, Virginia, Ohio, North Carolina, and Maryland. Because of Wawa though it hasn’t gotten into the Eastern part of the state too much and the Philly area which I hear is much like Sheetz. You can fill up on gas and get fast food which I think is better than most gas station foods. So much good food there that I cannot recommend you try but I differently recommend for Sheetz to get the full experience to stray away from the 99 cent hot dogs but those are good too.

Back to chanting:…Sheetz, Sheetz, Sheetz, Sheetz, Sheetz, Sheetz, Sheetz

32. Please come to Boston! It’d be sooo cool to meet and talk to you guys! Our summers are really nice and we also have really good seafood and cool places to visit! Please, Please come to Boston!

33. Yay!! Now it’s time for me to run and find the coolest pics I can. Hmm, I think I think I have a plan.

34. NYCNYCNYCNYCNYC!!!!!

Please visit NYC!!

35. I have a windows phone so no app for me and I also don’t have an instagram or twitter. What is a girl to do. I live across the street from a castle though. It is lived in by multiple princesses and even talking animals. The whole place is run by a giant mouse, I used to work there so I know tons of secrets about the castle. In case you didn’t figure it out come to Anaheim, CA the home of the original Disneyland.

36. Guys you have to come to Montreal, Quebec, Canada!!! The archatecture in downtown is very similar to the 17th century in France. We have awesome restaurants and bakeries from all around the world. We have huge malls and you can also learn how to speak french! Of course you can’t miss our famous poutine and smoked meat (so good). We also have really good weather during the summer and we have a lot of fun music festivals (Jazz Festival,Francofolies,Osheaga etc). Montreal is soooooo beautiful that TONS of movies and tv shows are filmed here. We have an anual anime concention called Otakuthon every summer. So PLEASE come to our city!!!!!! p.s.Toronto is really close to Montreal by Cananadian geographical standards.

37. You guys read my mind ! I’m moving to a big city for the summer and thought this would be the greatest of times for you to come touring in Canada. And BOOM, it happens. I’ll try to download the app (I have very limited memory on my 3 years old phone) and vote for Montreal !

38. Ok, since I live on the BEAutiful Lake Superior in Wisconsin, I’m just going to say #seemycity-er-Lake because the whole darned place is awesome. In particular, the South Shore which is where I reside. Wait, can I just say that? The South Shore of Lake Superior? It’s pretty much its own community. Simon..Martina? Is this ok? O.O

39. Simon Martina you should go to concord NC and #seemycity it’s not cool to me but if you guys came than It’d be awesome!

40. come to Largo Flordia