Eatyourkimchi: See My City!

April 20, 2015

Comments

Guise, we’ve been working on this for ages. And now, we’re almost ready to kick it off. Ladies and gentlemen, how would you feel about us FINALLY doing a North American tour?

This might be our only chance to do a US/Canada tour, so we want to make the most of it and hang out with as many of you as possible. But, we still haven’t decided where we’re gonna go yet. This is where we’d like your help. A US/Canada tour is really overwhelming, because there are so many cities to visit, and going to all of them would take us months. Which, we obviously can’t do. So we need your help to get a better understanding. Tell us where to go! What are the Nastiest cities? Where would we have the most fun?

Usually our tour destinations are picked out in advance, but then we feel bad for the places we’ve missed out on. We think that, this way, we can better get a feeling of what places we should visit. It’s up to you to decide!

The easiest way for us to figure this out is via our app. Download it for Android and iOS. Then, post a picture of your neighbourhood and hashtag it #seemycity. If you see other pictures of a city you think we should visit, comment on it, share it, give it all of the emotive ballistics you can! We can measure things a lot easier in the app than we can elsewhere, and we’ll be able to get a better feeling of where we should visit.

And your pictures will help give us motivation as well! We’ll be shooting videos of our trip and taking loads of pictures, like do whenever we travel somewhere, and we’d love to share some of the places that are home to you. If there’s a bubble tea shop you love, or a vegan restaurant you think we should visit, a cool arcade, a calm park, let us know! Share your neighbourhood with us. We’ve never really traveled around the US, and have not done that much traveling in Canada, either, so we could use your advice.

If you don’t have a phone with either Android or iOS, don’t worry! We’re just using the app to figure out where we should go, because it’s easier for us to see the numbers that way. But, if you have a different phone, then you can also use the hashtag #SeeMyCity on Twitter and Instagram, and we’ll do our best to count those as well. We’ll try our best! Make sure you mention us (@eatyourkimchi) or else we won’t be able to find it! Ahhh! And then, in 10 days we’ll be able to make up our minds on where to go, and then we’ll make tickets available on the website, right here, which you can access via any device!

We plan on doing the tour in July and August, before school starts, so hopefully we don’t get in the way of your schedules! May 1st is when we’ll go live with the tickets. That’s Martina’s birthday! There will be a limited number of tickets available per event, because smaller events – I think – have a better feel than bigger events. And we’re nervous in front of big crowds. EEP! We’ll be having lots of fun at these events as well. We’ll tell some stories, play some games, give away some goodies (and we’ve got some REALLY AMAZING goodies in store!) and just do our best to make memories with you all.

I hope you’re as excited about this as we are! WE’RE FINALLY GOING TO DO A US/CANADA TOUR! YUSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!

Comments

Special Features

Eatyourkimchi: See My City!

1. Please come to Denver and #seemycity in Colorado! You guys need to see 16th street mall and then make a small trip out of town to eat Beaujo’s pizza! Denver is beautiful in the summer! Please #seemycity!

2. Question! When is the deadline? I see 10 days but I don’t know when this was posted lol! Thanks a bunch <3

3. When is the deadline please? I know I sjust posted this question, but I forgot to “subscribe to my replies” :P thanks!

4. Next European tour get yo BUTTS to England!!!!

5. Bought a MegaTicket for NYC! See you Guise there!

6. Come to San Francisco, CA! Great cafes, milk tea places (PleaTEA, Quickly’s, Tpumps, etc), come meet the 49ers and Giants!! sushritto, anyone? AND it’s not even snowing or freezing! warm temperatures around 50-60 degrees here in california! Japantown…Chinatown…Mission District…Financial District…Small city but big adventures!

7. My city’s name is Carbondale in illinois, its a typical college town so it’s not that big but theres tons of nature and its really homie and very friendly I would love for the eat your kimchi crew to come here for a visit we also have a dungeons and dragons park that is really cool. It has secret passages and a big dragon you can climb on. Please come for a visit!!

8. Alright, lemme give you guys the dealio. DO YOU WANT TO GO TO AN INTENSELY FOODIE YET BEAUTIFUL TREE CITY THAT IS LITERALLY A BREATHE OF FRESH AIR FROM THE INTENSELY HUGE CITIES YOU’V BEEN TO?! GO TO ASHEVILLE, NORTH CAROLINA! Sorry for the caps, but Asheville is one of the most beautiful cities in the US of the A’s. It’s full of lovely parks and waterfalls, and one was even used as the filming grounds for the first Hunger games COUGHCOUGHMARTINACOUGHCOUGH. Not only that, there are a bunch of restaurants dedicated to local produce; they make nc produce and game taste even more delicious! We’ve got rockin bbq for the dothraki man warrior, as well as chocolatiers, one of which is known for having an actual cocoa farm! How cool is that?! We’ve got a great tea scene with Dobra, where every tea is brewed on order and in specialty made mugs you can actually buy at the store. There’s a downtown drum circle where people gather to play bongos on Friday nights, and there are always local street performers making the night come to life when the wee hours hit. Come to Asheville to experience some true local flair!

9. ERMERGERSH! Okay, so here’s the dealio: your blue nasties want to see you. You probably shouldn’t go too far south (Orlando, FL), or else the northern blue nasties can’t come, and you probably shouldn’t go too far north (Charlotte, NC) or else the Southern blue nasties can’t see you.
    I HAVE A REMEDY FOR THIS SITUATION! Come to Atlanta, the city of the South! You can go to their famous Georgia Aquarium, or visit the birthplace of Coca Cola (which also happens to be a pretty awesome museum!). Visit the CNN tower! Eat delicious southern food (all de fried food!).
    Or, if you can’t make it there, why not Charleston, or Myrtle Beach in South Carolina? Haha, those are closest to me. :D <3 There's gorgeous beaches and lots of fun, historical, and quaint things to do here. :3 <3

10. San Francisco has a great Korea Town! Soup Dumplings that were featured in magazines for their epic-ness!!

11. Yeah, Chicago is only 5 hours away! I’ve bought tickets and booked a room from AirBnB. Thanks S&M! Love you! <3

12. I don’t have a windows phone so no app for me and I also don’t have an instagram or twitter. What is a girl to do. I live across the street from a castle though. It is lived in by multiple princesses and even talking animals. The whole place is run by a giant mouse, I used to work there so I know tons of secrets about the castle. In case you didn’t figure it out come to Anaheim, CA the home of the original Disneyland.

13. Come to Los Angeles, California !!!!!! PLEASE!!!!

14. How many cities are you planning to visit?

15. I’m confused on how to post a picture on the App :((

16. Although if I may brag Omaha Nebraska’s Henry Doorly zoo is ranked #1 in the world. That place is crazy cool so if you guys are into that maybe nebraska is the place for you!

• I agree with Omaha, Nebraska! I grew up there and the Zoo is great. I don’t know about now but when i was a teen the music scene was great too at Sokol Auditorium.

17. Maybe this is a silly question, but will the tickets go on sale May 1st KST or May 1st (roughly North American time, depending on what time zone you pick)?

18. This is the most depressing thing ever… I’ve always wanted to meet you guys, but I won’t even be in the states anymore when you come visit. I’m moving to England towards the end of June.

19. Well by this summer I will be living in a town of less than 500…I think…any who… I suggest if you go to Seattle, WA that you visit the gum wall. it would be a great place to take photos and video and it’s close to the Pike Place Market. I really enjoyed my time in Seattle (Many moons ago).
    If you happen to drive go thru Arizona. I suggest you stop in Tucson and get yourselves some Eegees. I recommend a strawberry/lemon combo, it will quench your thirst and possibly save your life since it will be the middle of the summer in the hottest state in the US. Also for Simon’s liking, they have wonderful yummy ranch fries. French fries drenched in ranch with bacon bits that you must eat with a fork…yum…calories…Also apparently you are supposed to eat a Sonoran Hotdog. That’s what Tucson is apparently famous for. Good luck.

20. Anchorage, AK! Weather is mild (65-75) around that time! Great places to hang out: Bear Tooth Theater Pub, Humpy’s, The Peanut Farm, Mad Myrna’s, Chillkoot’s, Rustic Goat, MidnightSun Brewing Co. and last but not least…The Great Alaskan Bush Company…yes it is what you’re thinking :D So come on up; there’s something for everyone!!!

21. Brantford! find out where the telephone was invented at alexander graham bell’s house and also meet wayne gretzky’s dad walter! Have a great time and go to a restaurant. I would visit wacky wings to eat, the food is great and the arcade has an awesome roller coaster simulator. Stop into red lobster for some awesome seafood. Just take a walk around the city or downtown. Def come down to brantford ontario! See a show at the sanderson if you can and get pics from harmony square down town. Brantford may be small, but it is quite mighty and the people always smile! You can hit up some Polish deli’s where theres cold cuts and hot food. Imported goods from poland as well! (yes.. im obsessed with my polish culture… dont judge) But who caan resist polish chocolate? I know I cant… Anyways… comevisit brantford Ontario, canada to get an amazing and happy experience! As Walter gretzky says, its the centre of the universe.

22. …I’ll be in LA from June 22-July 11, so if you happen to be around at that time, it would be nice :p

23. Simon and Martina, I know you were just there, and I know it’s your hometown, but I’m BEGGING you please come to Toronto. PLEASE! :(

24. Brantford! find out where the telephone was invented at alexander graham bell’s house and also meet wayne gretzky’s dad walter! Have a great time and go to a restaurant such as red lobster ;o As Walter gretzky says, its the centre of the universe. Def come down to brantford ontario! See a show at the sanderson if you can as well and get pics from harmony square down town. Brantford may be small, but it is quite mighty!