The Meet Your Kimchi Tour!

May 2, 2015

Comments

We have officially put our locations, dates, and tickets up for sale for our Meet Your Kimchi tour this summer!

July 11: Vancouver, Canada
July 15: Seattle, Washington
July 18: San Francisco, California
July 26: Los Angelas, California
July 31: Houston, Texas
August 2: Atlanta, Georgia
August 6: New York, New York
August 9: Chicago, Illinois

You can check out the details for the tickets or click on the special tour logo on the top left side of the website.

We’ll announce the venues closer to the date since we’re using the ticket numbers to pick the right sized place and the ticket sales to put down our deposit for the venue. All that info will go up on that tour page so check back end of May/June for updates. Of course we’ll use the power of SOCCIIAAALL MEDDDIIIAAAA to let you know we’ve picked venues.

Also, we have a very exciting giveaway. Have you always wanted to visit Korea? We’ve teamed up with Airbnb in order to get you here! Four lucky people will win a round-trip ticket to Korea and on top of that, you’ll get Airbnb vouchers to pay for a five night stay in Korea. We visited your country; it’s time for you to visit ours. Check out the above video on how to win the contest and make sure you in include #airbnb2seoul so we can find your entry on the app! Do you have a phone that can’t support our app? Then leave you video on Instagram with the same tag and we’ll search for it there too!

We will be driving from Seattle to San Francisco in a very obvious and colourful Eatyourkimchi-mobile (this time it will be a Kia Sorrento to fit our month worth of luggage and gear) so if any of you live in the towns on the way and can’t make it to the event, hopefully you’ll catch us when we pass through and stop for food and legs stretches. We’ll update you on the towns we’re driving through via twitter, instagram, and our app while on tour.

We would also like to mention that we are so so so sad that we couldn’t make it to all the places we wanted to visit, but we had to narrow it down due to the ridiculous huge size of the USA and Canada. It was a seriously difficult decision with the EYK crew in the studio mapping out locations and figuring out travel time between cities, flight availability, seemycity votes, and deciding which cities are easiest for people to travel to via public transportation. I know it isn’t perfect but I hope we can meet as many Nasties as we can on this tour!

One day Simon and I plan on having a small East Coast Canada road trip where we can visit lots of Canadian Nasties (including Montreal) and we dream of one day doing a mega nerdy Florida/Orlando Wizarding World of Harry Potter meet up. Nasty Potterheads unite! I’ll bring my wang…I mean wand…ohh you so nasty!

Also I hope this tour is an opportunity for local Canada/USA Nasties to meet new people with similar interests and to discover new friends that might have been living close by (maybe even in your city) and you’ve just never had the right place to meet. Whenever we do a meet up our favourite part is the like-minded people coming together, joking about kpop or dramas, chatting about their plans to visit Korea, their love of learning about new cultures, or blurting out random EYK inside jokes and having everyone laugh along instantly. There is a lovely community feeling that comes with these meet ups so I hope no one feels worried about not having any friends if they are coming alone. Just stand in line at the Meetyourkimchi event and introduce yourself to anyone and you’ll be sure to make a new friend.

Hope to see you there and let us know if you’re coming so we can start the friendship ball rolling in the comment section below!

Comments

Special Features

The Meet Your Kimchi Tour!

1. I’m trying to sell my VIP ticket to the event in NYC, if anyone is interested i’m willing to sell it for $75

2. ~*~Chicago-Bound Nasties~*~ I’m heading down from Southern Wisconsin; LET’S MEET UP and caravan, ya?! Anyone?! O_o

3. Holy Bananas! Last I checked, everything was sold out…check back in a month later (I was a little p-o’d so I was ..away for awhile ((SORRY)) and BOOM! I’m going to Chicago!!

4. anyone want tickets (i have 2) to the sf event? selling them for $30/each or $55/both but willing to negotiate. msg me (https://www.facebook.com/heather.fong.58) if interested (serious offers only please).

5. I’m excited to meet up with Simon, Martina, and other EYK fans in Atlanta, Georgia! Anyone else going to the Atlanta meet up that’s driving from Knoxville, Tennessee?! ^___^

6. Is there a deadline for the tickets? I really want to buy a ticket for Houston meet up but I have to wait until I get my pay check. I work two jobs.

7. Ok my bad…. I’m a dufus :/

8. So I’m guessing that tickets aren’t for sale any longer? Looking for ATL tickets!

9. Anyone going to Chicago that needs a buddy? (: oooor maybe has an extra ticket they don’t need?

10. Does anyone know where I can buy tickets for the MYKT ? someone please help!!!!!

11. Where can I buy the tickets

12. I sent a message asking for a refund. After 6 weeks with no venue with times – I can’t get off work to take my kid. REFUND ASAP or I will contact the bank. You can’t just take someones money for 6 weeks with no details. I work full time and have a part time business that requires planning for a trip 6+ hours away that may or may not require stay over night either the night before or night of. **Rudely has not responded to my request or answered any of my post via email, or facebook.

• They will announced venues depending how much pplz brought their tickets and it already said on thear blog.

13. hi guys!!
    does each #airbnb2seoul vid on the app count as a separate entry? or is the ticket the entry (ie 1 entry to everyone who bought a ticket and also posted in the app?) thank you!

14. WHOOOOOO! Can’t wait for Chicago! XD Who’s with me?

15. does anyone want 2 tickets to sf? i can’t go anymore ):

16. WOOT GOT MY TWO MEGA NASTY TICKETS :D EXCITED! lol nice surprise after a week in cancun ^_^

17. Hi! Does anyone have or know anyone that has a ticket to New York that they can’t use anymore? I only need one and will pay full price, i really want to go ugh );

18. NOOOOOOO! I am so bummed. I just graduated college and started a new job…was just waiting for that first paycheck to buy a ticket…and now, not only are the Mega Nasty Tickets sold out but Chicago is completely sold out! I took off work and planned a weekend around this event. -_- Is there nothing to be done? I’ve been a fan for years :(

• P.s. If there was some kind of update on ticket availability via the app, I would not have received it. I deleted it because it never worked for me and made me sad. :(

19. I ordered my ticket a month ago, May 3rd, but the order still says ‘processing’ and I’m starting to worry a bit ><;

20. Dear EYK, from a very loyal fan pretty pretty please can you increase the availability of the merchandise for the Mega Nasty Tickets! I missed out on purchasing them because of browser errors. I REALLY WANT THAT TOTE!!! Thank You! -Akilah

21. I still cannot order a ticket! I missed out on the Mega Nasty package b/c of this and now, even still, I can’t get a regular ticket…it keeps saying Error. Help! *tear* :-(

• Try using a different browser and signing up with a new account. This worked for me. I MISSED OUT TOO!! I was ready to pay the first day it came out and I couldn’t add the tickets to the shopping cart. I’m hoping someone who has Mega Nasty tickets for Chicago and can’t go can trade with me *sigh*

22. SOOOOOO, PSYCHED! Flying from Utah to Seattle for this Event!! Can’t wait. You guys are soooooo fracking awesome.

23. Im going to Houston meet and great and so excited! I wish i would have heard about this earlier otherwise i would have bought a mega nasty ticket but now you guys are sold out! :(

24. San Francisco.So Excited! We got crabs, in a good way! LOL

25. Anyone going to New York from Massachusetts? I’d love for someone to go with me :)

26. Hey anyone receive their mega nasty packages? I’m still waiting on mine :-\ was gunna give it to my girl for her graduation present but still is processing.

• I ordered mine May 3rd and still havent gotten nething and also it still says processing :-\

• Me 2! I was worried since I ordered mine two weeks ago. Also I don’t see ANYWHERE the tracking option for the purchase.

• Me 2! i was worried since I ordered mine two weeks ago. Also I don’t see ANYWEHRE

27. Ahhh I really want to come to the Houston show but my niece’s birthday is in Dallas the next day :((((( ‘Til when will the tickets be on sale?

28. CHICAGO NAAAAASTIES LEGGGGOOOOO!! I’m so excited ♥

29. Umm this is probably a very silly question but will the contest winners be spending time with you???? You showing them all the cool shops and restaurants, etc. Or is it just have a ticket and have fun in Korea???? I don’t want to assume anything cause that seems rude, to expect you to be tour guides and spend that much time possibly babysitting. Not saying that you would see it that way! One of my reasons is to get to know you and see Spudgy and Meemers. :)I don’t want to misunderstand. Sorry to be a pain! Love you guys!! Please Please give me a reply!!!

30. You guys, this is amazing! I was originally going to be attending Bronycon in Maryland with my sister that weekend, and thus took off from work, but we decided to not go after all. Maybe it was my EYK senses tingling? :D So I’ll be going to see you guys in NYC instead! :D My friend will be coming here (hopefully) from North Carolina, to see you with me. :) I’m hoping tickets are still on sale at the end of May; that’s when I’ll be able to buy them! <3

31. Hey I purchased a mega nasty pack on May 3 and I’ve been eagerly waiting for it to get done processing still haven’t finished processing. Maybe a glitch in the system? Anyone having the same issue?

• The same thing has happened with me. Maybe certain things still need to be sorted out? I’ll be patient for now :)

32. My mega nastee goodies haven’t come in the mail yet! :(

33. Looking forward to your Chicago visit~! ^^

34. Hello EYK crew. Thanks for responding to my email regarding my inability to upload vids on the app. I’ve tried everything. I’ve converted the clips to diff. formats and made sure none are over 15 seconds and it still crashes every time I try to upload. Is there an alternate way I can get my vids out there? Instagram doesn’t work because it doesn’t support uploading pre-recorded videos. This is stressing me out -_- sorry guys.

35. Who’s going to Chicago?! <– ME! Holy moly, this is exciting. Simon. Martina. Suzy. Lee. I hope you're ready.

36. I will be attending meet your Kimchi in New York!!!! I’m driving from Pennsylvania to see you guys I am soo excited!

37. This is so exciting! I hope I can go to the one in Houston. Ahhhh this will be so cool! :3

38. So excited to see you both in person in San Francisco! Quick Question. Does entry into the Korea trip count if I receive my ticket from a friend and attend the event, but did my own individual video to enter?

39. I just put in my request off for that weekend because I plan to go to meetyourkimchi and kcon, I live relatively close to NYC and am really hoping I get the time off! I’m buying my tickets on May 29th when I have money because #brokecollegekidstruggles haha. However, I’m so excited!

• Im doing the same haha! It is going to be an aMAZing weekend!!! See you in New York!

40. I am still waiting on the approval from my boss :( It’s 50-50% chance for Seattle. So, I wanna purchase my tickets before hand. Since there is no return policy anyone think the chance of selling the tickets on Ebay will be possible?