Update on Our Studio Construction!

December 17, 2012

Comments

Ok, so we’re pretty much spending every second day with our design and construction team at the studio trying to get it all ready. Things are flying by so quickly! We see things developing everyday! Anyhow, we’re super excited about it all, and just wanted to share with you some shots of the progress. This is your studio as much as it is ours, since you contributed to it, so we figured you might want to see what we’re seeing! We also have some plans of including you all in special ways, which we’ll reveal shortly.

I’m sure after watching this video some of you are gonna be like “WHEN WILL IT OPEN AHHHH!!!!” So, as for the expected finish date, it should be CHRISTMAS DAY! In less than a week! Holy smokes! They said that there could possibly be delays, but they don’t foresee it being any later than the 29th, which is still pretty freaking fast! Shouldn’t these things take months? Ah!

We’re doing this with a really cool design firm, Ogisa Design. Ogisa is, like, one of the biggest architects in Korea, supposedly. He’s written a bunch of books on architecture, too. Now, we’re not doing it with the HEAD of Ogisa. He’s a bit too out of our budget. But he did come by to look at the studio and sent one of his staff to handle the design. Luckily, we have a connection with him, somewhat. It’s not like we said “GET US THE BEST AND BRIGHTEST ARCHITECT IN KOREA!” No. Fortunately for us, the people that are designing our app have connections with Ogisa, and so they arranged it. That’s pretty cool, by the way. Our app developers, who should just be app-developey, hook us up with a design and architecture place. Side note: they also helped us find our apartment in Seoul. Good people, they are. JUNE! If you’re reading this, thanks for being such a great guy :D

Back to designing the studio talk: we’re doing things a bit differently than what’s normal, supposedly. We’re saying “supposedly” for a lot of this because we really don’t know anyone that’s done this before, so we’re just telling you things that we’re told. Anyhow, supposedly designing a place takes a lot longer than what it’s taking us, because the designers think about the layout and design and color scheme a lot, and then spend a while making perfect 3D renders of the whole thing. We didn’t need that, though. We had most of the studio already planned out in our minds. We don’t need 3D renders of everything, either. We’ve got good imaginations. If you tell us what you’re thinking about doing with what paint or material, we get it. No need to draw it out for us. So, basically, we have the designer come by with us to the studio as it’s being reconstructed. The designer gives us options of materials and paints and accessories and stuff. We choose then and there on the spot. Construction team starts working on it right away. That’s it! So, it’s a lot cheaper than the normal way of designing things, and also a lot faster. We like it that way!

Anyhow, we’ll tell you more as it develops, though we’re getting at the point now with construction that we don’t want to reveal that much more. We want the final reveal to be surprising in a way, you know? If we show you it all as it unfolds, then you won’t be like “OH MY GOD! THEY DID THAT?! SO COOL!” Woohoo! We can’t wait to get in the studio and do a live tour of it all! As soon as they set an end date for sure for sure, we’ll set a livechat date and do a studio reveal for you all. Then we’ll get back to doing livechats regularly. We sure miss those!

Also, if you’re, well, new to this, here’s our studio hunting video, where you can see a lot of the process of actually finding the place. Yeah!

Comments

Live Chats

Update on Our Studio Construction!

1. !!!!> . . <

<3<3<3<3

2. To second Natz’ sentiment, we do miss you. Did you hear our Epik Nasties video won for the AKP cover contest? :)

3. Hahaha! Simon just posted a picture of them in front of a brick wall, so you already have your wish granted. I think when they originally toured the studio there was a white painted brick wall. Now it seems to be completely stripped and bare which is how I like my brick walls.

Btw, we missed you. Hope you are doing well.

4. I really love how everything is coming along. The designers are amazing. I adore their little drawing on the walls. It is so organic. When I first saw the kitchen shelves I kept thinking of a wine rack because of the cubby holes. Don’t tell me that you guys are going to encourage drinking on the job. So exciting!

5. HEY JUNE YOU ARE AWESOME :D

On behalf of EYK’s fans I would like to thank you for taking care of our two favourite Canadians :D

6. Watching all these videos makes me kinda sad that I couldn’t donate… But I’m really happy to see things coming along so smoothly! I love your color choices, so vibrant! :D

7. it’s becoming so BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!
    i love the colour of the kitchen!!! and your tubey ceiling is AMAZING!!!!!
    man i’m so excited for it to be finished and to see the results!!!!

8. this is so cool you guys! so cool! i have no words! i’d be so excited if this was me!

congratulations!!!

9. that seems awesome !! can’t wait seeing you in your new studio ^^

10. Wow it’s like they’re doing everything at the same time… like they’re painting the ceiling while constructing a shelf… can’t wait to see it!

11. Can’t wait to see it all finished! And then when you get to work from there and so on :D

12. omg :D the eat your kimchi studio is lookin great!!

13. i am so exciting and touching even i am just helping with 5 dollars for nasty studio .. argghhh so excitingggg

14. EYK studios is like, my new dream office after YG building. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? OGISA IS WORKING ON EYK STUDIOS. A;DKJF;LWKJF. I’m jelly. VERY jelly.

15. I’m so excited to see what the finished EYK Studio will look like!

16. Who would you like to be the first person or people you guys interview in your new studio in the New Year? And “anyone would be awesome” is not an answer…dream person no matter how minuscule the chances are that you’d actually interview them.

17. I’m so excited for you guys!!! And super jelly of Martina’s make up room.

I was wondering if we can make donations on the fundraiser page still? Or are you using a different system now?

• We don’t have any donations page set up anymore. The donations were just for the fundraising period. I didn’t think people would be interested in still donating afterwards!

• I would rather make you a transfer every month than watch ads before your videos, and you would get more money in the end!

• I missed out the last time and would like to express my appreciation to you both for enhancing my internetainment/ cybertainment life since the beginning of EYK.

• I am still interested. Maybe you could setup an official fanclub with a small monthly fee, to have a steady source of income, just in case.

• I am interested too!!!~! ^^ <3

• Well, I am. :) It’s a huge undertaking and I figured you guys could use all the help you can get.

• You could always buy their t-shirts. The money goes directly to them and you get an awesome shirt. It’s a win-win :D

• I have 3 shirts. :P I was thinking of giving a donation that’s a little bigger than the cost of those.

18. We’re thinking of ways to let people come visit, but we can’t leave it just flat out open for anyone to come in. We gotta, you know, work there and all, and we’d be too busy talking to people than actually working. But we do want to have events there, hopefully!

19. PLEASE make a separate video of the revealing! I know you guys are probably switching to youtube instead of Kondoot, and thank goodness, but most of your fans are international and probably can’t make the times that you can :'(

Regardless, I love you two to death! Such amaaazing work you’ve both done so far! <3

20. Costco actually has tubes that take money somewhere actually aha. They just put money in a mini tube and then they have a bigger tube to suck it and you see it go somewhere. Also I really like the colors you are using, the Spudgy blue especially :D.