Vote for How to Dance Kpop Style 2011

December 11, 2011

Comments

Hey guise!

So, if you follow us on Twitter or Facebook, you might have seen that we were asking for beta testers for a new page we were working on. Well, finally, it’s live and ready to go!

Here’s the deal: we never actually pick who we’re going to review for Music Mondays. We leave that up for all of you to vote on. You’d vote on our old request page, on Twitter, and on Facebook. Problem was, we had to count all of these votes ourselves. The Facebook poll was easy to count, but our request page? Holy snap. Please take a look at what we were dealing with before:

Old Kpop Music Monday Request Page

Check this out

Also, people would complain if, say, we reviewed a video that didn’t win on Facebook, and they would accuse us of cheating. Well, as you can see, there are tons more votes via our Request page. But you couldn’t see the votes that we saw. So we decided to change that.

Enter this new project. Voting will now be transparent. Basically, you vote by clicking on the thumb up. It’s that easy. If you’d like to vote more, then your Facebook Likes, Tweets, and Google +1s all add to the tally, as well as comments. Engage with the video as much as you can if you want it to win for Music Mondays. The page has an algorithm that tallies a bunch of different factors into ranking the hottest Kpop videos out there, and we determine that based on your interactions.

For now, we’re starting off by testing it out for How to Dance Kpop Style, 2011. Vote away! Voting Ends December 19th. SHAZAM! Once we’re finished that, we’ll start using the page for our Music Mondays and K Crunches. Woot!

Also, we mentioned in the video that we want to encourage good comments to the videos, rather than spammy McSpammersons trying to get their videos to win. We’ll ban spammers that try to vote multiple times in the comments. If you’re worried about the comment policy, don’t worry. You’ll know if you’re spamming, and so will we. For our good commenters, we want to give away Three CDs for How to Dance Kpop 2011. We’ll look at the comments from the top three videos that win our poll, and we’ll mail out CDs to the people who – we think – made the best comment in each. Let us know what you think of the song, dance, video, whatever. We encourage you to engage with the video and with others :D

This is a sucky comment.

This is a sucky comment.

One of the main reasons we made this chart is also because we want your voice to be more accurately reflected. For example, a lot of people have complained that U-Kiss hasn’t won any awards on any music shows, and – really – we’re surprised by that as well. Based on the responses we’re seeing, U-Kiss is insanely popular on our site and with international fans. But it doesn’t seem like the international fans’ voice really counts in the music awards shows, and that’s too bad. So our page is a step away from those charts. We’re looking at YouTube videos only, and how much you engage with those videos, not how much Korean people engage with the videos via Korean media sites. Sounds fair?

Another reason we made the page: we know that some of you aren’t really into Kpop as much as some diehard fans, and voting might not be something you’re that interested in. But, from time to time you might feel the need to brush up on what’s popular in Kpop. This page can still do that for you. We’ll display the top 60 videos of the moment. Watch them all on that page, come back next month if you need to brush up again. Yeah!

Lastly, this is still a work in progress. We plan on adding a lot more functionality to it in the future. For now, though, we think this page is gonna be pretty cool. If you’ve got any feedback, we’d love to hear it. You might find some bugs if you’re using older or less popular browsers, but nothing crippling, we don’t think.

Yeah! Let us know what you think, and get voting!

Comments

F(x): Hot Summer
    Kara – Step
    Hyuna- Bubble pop
    Super Junior – Mr. simple
    Super Junior – A-CHA
    Brown Eyed Girls – Sixth Sense

5. UKISS NEVERLAND & TICK TACK! =))

6. I want to say that I am a huge fan of yours and I really want to thank you for taking up all that time just to show us how it’s like to live in Korea when you’re a foreigner. I love your TL:DR’s, your Kpop Music Mondays (especially xD), and now I can’t wait to see you guys wanking………..and I’m also really looking forward to How to dance Kpop 2011.
    I thought there were many awesome, epic dances in 2011 but the ones that I have to see you guys show us are:
    U-kiss – Neverland and Tick tack
    Super Junior – Mr simple and A-Cha (the A-cha costumes were sooo epic xD)
    Hyuna – Bubble pop (even though I hate the song and the dance so much…I HAVE to see Simon do this)
    INFINITE – Paradise (one of the raunchiest hip thrusting ever…you cannot resist that) and Before the Dawn (in my opinion – the best dance of 2011…really difficult and I love the choregraphy so much…)
    Teen Top – Supa love (it was also cool…that is 2011…right?)
    Yeah…Also TVXQ – Keep your head down…but that’s just cause the choreography was cool and I’m a diehard Cassie…so yeah…
    Love ya!

7. 2NE1’s I AM THE BEST ^^

8. DBSK – Keep Your Head Down
    DBSK – Before you go
    Infinite – Be mine

9. SNSD the boysss

10. First off, I have to say I am a huge fan of you guys. You are opening up a world to foreigners and making Kpop and other cultural objects very accessible and interesting. I have gained a new passion for learning about all cultures and embracing the new. I hope to one day go to Korea just to visit.

This year was really big for Big Bang and I love the video for “Tonight” even though there is not much dancing in it. I believe 2011 was the year for Big Bang. They went through a lot this year and came out winners. I respect them as international artists.

With that said, for a Kpop dance I love B2st (aka Batoost) video for “Fiction”. The song is very catchy and the penguin dance is unforgettable. I would love to see Simon do that dance since he is great with dancing…love his sexy window rolling….

11. 1) 2NE1- I Am the Best
    2) BIGBANG- Tonight
    3) GD&TOP’s Knock Out
    4) Seungri’s VVIP
    5) U-KISS- Tick Tack
    6) Block B- Just Stop!
    7) Beast- Fiction
    8) Kim Hyun Joong- Lucky Guy (is this only for videos Simon&Martina have reviewed?… i don’t really like the song that much-it sounds exactly like Bruno Mar’s Runaway Baby o.o -, but the dance is pretty fun^^)
    9) Wonder Girls- Be My Baby (i couldn’t stand wonder girls music before this song- it’s so upbeat and catchy with a dance that matches its tone)
    10) Hyuna- Bubble POP! (SIMON!!!! YOU MUST DANCE!!!!!)

12. Ukiss- Neverland

13. I love the Super Junior Mr Simple dance. I think Indo ELFs named it the “kerpet” dance lol. The first time I saw the hand flash I thought it had this arrogantly lazy feel to it…..which goes with the song perfectly. I. LOVE. IT. I also liked the cross punch zombie dance LOL

I also liked the vogue-esque dance f(x) did in Danger.

14. jyt

i know one of the things NOT TO DO is to criticize suju. im not going to but what i wanna say wouldnt be too nice. i think suju’s dances are great, BUT not awesome. they are just really popular as people really like their songs and personality. personally i LOVE donghae and enjoys watching all their variety shows, they are likable and funny as hell!!! but for their music and dance, i’m just not THAT impressed. that being said, im not looking forward to any suju dances. we need EPIC dances like SHINEE, INFINITE, UKISS, MBLAQ, BEAST. i dont worry much about shinee as they are under such a big and famous company with the popular suju, snsd all, and gets all the required attention. but yeah, this has got to be their most inactive year.

but INFINITE?! UKISS?! MBLAQ?! they are too overshadowed. even thought beast seems rather popular too but i still think they deserve much more. i wanna see all these bands who worked so hard and did so well but not getting as much recognition. and most importantly, their dances are soooooooooooooo freaking epic!!!
    BEAST – fiction: best song of the year, dance is as what martina said, not powerful BUT it captured the sound of the song so perfectly. very classy, smooth and memorable.
    INFINITE – paradise: EPIC RANCHY HIP THRUST *DROOLS*
    INFINITE – be mine: those dance moves are just so impressive! & yes, as crispy as shinee’s :)UKISS – ticktack: WOW, i was already impressed from the teaser and kinda broke down and cry “THATS ALL? I WANNA SEE THE WHOLE FRIGGIN VIDEO NOWWWWWW!”
    UKISS – neverland: yet another really awesome dance!!!! and reallllllly ADDICTIVE.
    MBLAQ: mona lisa. unlike what simon and martina think, i really like the accordion hahaha but i like the dance moves too! i can only say this is expected from the juniors of rain :)

15. Hey guise! Thank you for brightening my days!

I’ve submitted a bunch of videos for the BATTLE OF DA YEAR, and I understand that they can’t all be diplayed on the 7 pages, but it’s kinda frustrating that I can’t even vote for them! Even when I try to re-submit the video, the screen tells me it’s already submitted but doesn’t offer me a link to vote for it.

So bad for the funniest video of da year (GD&TOP’s Don’t Go Home), the best dance videos of da year (Jang Woo Huyk’s Time Is (L)over and Weekend Night), and the most awesome fighting video of da year (Tasha’s Get It In), which doesn’t have a chance to reach the charts!
    I only managed to vote for Teen Top Supa Luv by typing directly in the url (http://www.eatyourkimchi.com/kpopcharts/teen-top-supa-luv/) and since it got 13 votes I’m probably not the only one ^^ but I don’t manage to do so for the other videos!

Sorry for bothering you with this while you’re already spending lots of energy in this chart. But since it’s very new, I hope I can help you improving it.

16. T-ara – Rolly Polly

17. 1. DBSK Keep Your Head Down
    2. DBSK ( i mean JYJ) Get Out
    3. DBSK Before You Go
    4. DBSK(JYJ) Ayy Girl
    5. DBSK Balloons (cause you guys did a vid about it in 2011, right?)
    6. Infinite Paradise
    7. Infinite Be Mine

18. T-ARA – Roly Poly
    Roly Poly Retro dance is simple, easy and fun to dance to with the unique disco-funky beat it has.
    Not to mention that it has the hand wave thing they do after certain chorus. :]

19. Double A: because I’m crazy
    I really would like Simone try to dance to it kkk

20. The reasons I’m choosing these song are simply because they are very interesting and fun dances, that I would love watching Simon try.
    1, Troublemaker- Troublemaker
    I personally dislike the video, my reason for liking kpop was because of how unique the music and dance was, but with this dance it just made it like any other American “sex sells” video…But the dance would be super funny if you guys did it.
    2, Kara- Step
    This song is very catchy and I enjoyed learning and doing the dance
    3, B14A- beautiful target
    I really hope i got the name correct x.x, but this since they are a fairly new group, it would be nice to actually see someone try the dance.
    4, Block B- freeze
    This group is also fairly new and while looking at my weekly kpop dance covers, I found that barely anyone did a cover for this song, even though it wasn’t very popular the dance and song are very catchy and fun, they dance is simple but with impact. And i thought for a group who dislikes dancing they did a very good job.
    5, A pink- I don’t know
    Again I’m picking groups and song that really haven’t been noticed and would be fun and entertaining to watch. I love.. almost all groups, but since its 2011 I think it should be they groups that actually debuted this year, or made comebacks with impact.
    6, BEG- sixth sense
    No need to explain this dance is epic.

21. UKiss-Tick TackUKiss-NeverlandUKiss-0330

22. UKiss-Tick Tack
    UKiss-Neverland
    UKiss-0330

23. super junior- mr simple
    ukiss- neverland
    ukiss- tick tack
    2pm- hands up
    miss a- goodbye baby
    troublemaker( hyuna and js)- troublemaker (Y)

24. U-Kiss- Tick Tack
    U-Kiss- Neverland

25. miss A- Bad Girl, Good Girl, Breathe
    SNSD- The Boys
    JYJ- Get Out

26. TVXQ keep your head down
    JYJ in heaven and get out <3

27. JYJ-get out
    TVXQ-Keep your head down
    TVXQ-Ballon
    SuJu-A-CHA, Mr.Simple,Perfection

28. U-Kiss’ Tick Tack
    Beast’s Fiction

I really love these dances. They captured me when I watched them. Prepix’s choreography for Fiction is really inspiring and Tick Tack was simply amazing!

29. nicely done guys! too bad other people don’t listen!

30. A Pink – i don’t know, MyMy

31. 1. Beast (B2ST)- Fiction :D
    2. MBLAQ – Mona Lisa <33. GD&TOP – High High <3 !!!!!!!!!!!
    4.MissA- GoodBye Baby :)5. GD&TOP – Knock Out <3 TOP !!!!!!6. Sistar19 – Ma Boy ;)7. Super Junior – Mr.Simple =)8. Ukiss- Neverland :)9. 2en1 – I am the best  =D10. Secret – Shy Boy :)

32. 2ne1: I Am The Best
    UKiss: Neverland
    Hyuna: Bubble Pop
    F(x): Hot Summer
    Beast (B2ST): Fiction
    Sistar: So Cool
    MBLAQ: Mona Lisa

I can already see Simons mad dance skills!

33. kara – STEP Best dance ever

34. JYJ – In Heaven
    JYJ – Get Out
    TVXQ – Before U Go
    TVXQ – Keep Your Head Down

35. Ukiss Tick Tack and Neverland :)

36. in 2008,we got “nobody” & “mirotic”. in 2009, we got “sorry sorry” & “abracadabra”.in 2010, we got “good girl bad girl” & “lucifer”. however, in 2011, the dances seem rather boring and they are less memorable too…
    but, if i really have to choose few representatives among the 2011 k-pop, i would pick:
    1. mr. simple
    2. keep your head down
    3. hot summer
    4. i am the best
    5. goodbye baby
    6. fiction
    7. bubble pop
    8. high high
    9. roly poly
    10.shy boy

37. ukiss tick tack and neverland!!!

38. still ukiss tick tack and neverland…. i use all my social networks id to vote UKISS!!!!!!

39. UKISS Tick Tack
    UKISS Neverland^^

40. UKISS Tick Tack
    UKISS Neverland
    they`re so talented yet underrated.. dont know who to blame…i just love them so much =))