WTF – Our Last WTF

December 7, 2011

Comments

That’s right guise. We’re taking a break from the WTF videos for a while.

See, we’ve been feeling kind of cooped up in our apartment lately, and we really want an excuse to go out more. So, we’re going to stop doing our regular WTF videos and start doing a new segment in which we get out and play more! But we’re not fully cutting out our WTF videos. We’re transforming them, so to speak, kind of like the evolution of WTF. Instead of finding fun stuff to use in our apartment, we hope that when we’re out of our apartment we’ll find some fun things in the streets of Korea. And so, Wednesdays will have a new segment from us, in which we’re outside of our apartment and in Korea. Woot!

In honour of our WTFs, we did a big WTF mashup of a bunch of fun stuff, and we’re giving away two Wonderful Treasure Find care packages instead of just one. Huzzah! To enter, all you have to do is a) Be a subscriber of our channel on YouTube and also b) Tell us your favourite moment from our WTF videos. We’ll pick two winners and mail out your packages next week!

And, lastly, our bloopers! Martina will never live down the name she got from our last Music Monday. Ha!

Congrats to renaxoxolessthan3 for winning our latest WTF care package! If it’s you, send us an email and we’ll mail out your package ASAP! To everyone else, thanks for sticking around with our WTFs for so long. We did almost 40 of them! Hopefully you’ll like our new segment next week!

Comments

WTF

WTF – Our Last WTF

1. Farewell to WTF videos! In the wake of this loss, we might spend some time reminiscing..

HOWEVER, the reminiscence need not go far back in time! In fact, it need only about a month and a half to the KOREAN SECRET ROBOT LOVE MESSENGERS! These Robots summed up the slightly suppressed dating culture in its endless cuteness. The reason this even qualified for a WTF is more about a clash of culture than anything else, I think, which to me is SO FREAKING INTERESTING. I don’t think I will ever be able to look at this all through an unbiased South Korean lens, which is even more of a reason why I think it’s just so awesome how cultures differ. It’s pretty funny that the entire purpose of the robot is to essentially expand upon the actual flirtation, which is in the note it holds in its hand. That also gets thrown in with the amusing climate of your relationship, which is a significant part of the reason I watch this channel anyway. Absolutely hilarious! Thank you!!

-Michael

YouTube: Michael Fourré
    YouTube E-mail: [email protected]
    Primary E-mail: [email protected]

2. can i know what’s the mini bike with huge pedals in the korean drama ‘to the beautiful you’ ?

3. actually i did find a tissue in korea, and my friend happened to just randomly read the description thingy and it says if u lick it u will taste sweetness… SO!! out of curiosity and half-FORCING, i licked the tissue and it was sweet… if ANYBODY!!! would tell me why on earth they would make their tissue like that?? plz let me know

4. Actually u know… i found this box of tissue and in the back (in korean) it says, if u lick the tissue you can taste the sweetness, and my friends and i were like (w00t~~!!!) and we actually did lick the tissue and IT REALLY WAS SWEET!!! i dont remember the name of the box BUT!!!! BE ON A LOOK OUT on the description on the box!! MANY KOREANS DONT KNOW THIS!! lol

5. HAHAHAHA the song at the end… sounds like a strongbad song ^_^

6. the mouth work out thing that is for working out and slimming your face! ^_^

7. FAVORITE WTF was…. drumroll………….. The bunny ears for dogs! im a sucker for cute things… and i want to dye my llhasa apso blue now! why does korea have to be so amazing O.O

8. hahahah, nice eddie murphy reference… LOL

9. i LOVED the messenger robot. it is a dream to have a cute Asian guy confess to me w/ something cute like that! haha. yeah, the robot was my fave cause not only could you build it yourself, but you could use it for cool messages and give it to someone.

10. My favorite video is the WTF Ddung Products because i think that one crack me up so much i literally fall of my chair and continue laughing xD and i still watch it to this day :D
    I mostly like the part where Simon got footcream on his nose then got paybak on Martina by putting footcream on her cheek and she smear her bug finger and got ink on her cheek and you guys realize it in the end :D So cute
    The video is funny from the beginning til the end <3 :D imma go watch it AGAIN!
    My YT is DreamerxMelody

11. Thanks for your hilarious and cute videos! Even I am not particularily Korea-maniac, I always enjoy them for just being so immensely funny and entertaining! It is really difficult to pin a particular one down as a favourite, maybe the circle lenses is one of the funniest…
    Anyway, I am looking forward to your new series!!!

12. My favorite WTF moment was the rulerette in the Korean Stationary segment. I know that I would have had the EXACT same issue of getting addicted to guessing the numbers if I had it!

13. i think the funniest WTF was where you guys put in circle lenses…..IT MADE SIMON LOOK SO GIRLY…………………like he already didn’t look girly but WATEVSSSS. i think that he needs to wear those in N america and freak out his mother at thanksgiving or watever and me like “mom yeah um korean did something strange to me…i think im allergic to it.” :P

14. The funniest WTF for me was ‘Couple Hangers’.

Omg! I almost passed out laughing. First of all, the ‘thing’ itself is just hilarious by itself. And second, the comments you guys gave were so awesomely hilarious. I especially liked the times when Simon talked about giving his mom direction on how to hang her stuff on that hanger; and when Martina said that the female hanger got a boob job…I don’t even have words for that.

Thank you guys for this wonderful blog

15. It’s hard to choose a favorite. I just discovered you guys the other day and I’ve had so much fun watching all the videos. It’s sad that this feature will be changing as I have just started watching and it’s my favorite part. I love Korean products as I think that everything should be cute, and America just doesn’t do cute very well (of course the only people who appreciate my awkward sense of style are my young nieces, but that’s ok). Anyway, I can’t choose a favorite but I showed a bunch of the videos to my husband and he can’t stop talking about how he wishes he had a “patry ass hat”. He loved that whole episode. So does stating his favorite count? I liked it too. I mean, it should count..after all I could just lie to you and say it was my favorite, but I’m being honest. The WTF videos are all so full of awesome and I just can’t choose.
    My youtube account is porshispider

16. Mine would have to be the smacap… because ironically after watching that I was working out and thought wow… I wish I had a smacap. And then I realized what I had just thought….